$460 million food stamp benefits went to ineligible households [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : $460 million food stamp benefits went to ineligible households

snerd
08-03-2012, 14:57
The Government Accountability Office has identified $460 million dollars in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or food stamp, benefits that went to households with incomes over the federal SNAP eligibility limits.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/03/gao-460-million-food-stamp-benefits-went-to-households-ineligible-under-federal-limits/
No problem, we taxpayers don't mind one bit to help our underprivileged neighbors.

pugman
08-03-2012, 15:20
Let's be honest.

While this is appauling...its the equivalent of 3 hours worth of interest on the national debt.

The army just dropped $5 billion over 8 years developing a camo pattern it won't use...a friend of mine who works for Lands End and used to be their top manager for their magazines (and is a wiz on an Mac) said he could have developed this pattern for less than $100K

They dropped $800K to subsidize an IHOP in Washington D.C

The fed sent at least $120 million a year over the past five years to deceased former federal employees...

In 2011 the U.S Federal government spent $18 million dollars on foreign aid programs...to China.

Numbers like this mean nothing anymore since Obama (with Bush's help) will inflation us to the point the next note printed by the Fed will probably say a Zillion.

aircarver
08-03-2012, 15:27
"A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon we're talkin' real money" - Everett Dirkson

The Machinist
08-03-2012, 17:33
The army just dropped $5 billion over 8 years developing a camo pattern it won't use.
This is an example of why the DoD should have its budget cut by at least half.

pugman
08-03-2012, 17:55

Military spending by country

U.S $711 billion > China + Russia + U.K + France + Japan + Saudia Arabia+ India + Germany + Brazil + Italy + South Korea + Australia + Canada + Turkey

But again, lets be honest.

All Federal Agencies should have their budgets (and I mean true budgets as in you can't spend more than) cut in half

Put another way: Again, the $400+ million is disgusting and anyone actually caught should be used as slave labor until the debt it paid back in full with interest..but $460 million is about what we spent on the war in Iraq in two days..

And I believe the official timeline had the "war" at 8 years, 8 months and three weeks.

Vic777
08-03-2012, 19:04
If they're Dumocrats, they're eligible. After all, that's why they voted for Obama. The Obama money! Er, I mean YOUR money!

Cavalry Doc
08-04-2012, 06:47

I'm there with you, IF entitlement spending is cut by at least 1/2 too.

Skyhook
08-04-2012, 07:26
I propose a system be devised which would identify individuals responsible (foreign term for most in government) for blatant, preventable waste be arrested, tried, and sentenced to hard time if found guilty.

That proposal would include habitual, stupendous offenders like Obama and most all of his Democrat/Progressive cronies.:steamed:

The Machinist
08-04-2012, 08:05
I'm there with you, IF entitlement spending is cut by at least 1/2 too.
Amen to that. In fact, I would say all federal entitlement spending should be abolished outright.