08-04-2012, 05:56
http://www.vdare.com/posts/california-meltdown-updatethe-road-warrior-is-here

aircarver
08-04-2012, 06:43
Excellent article, and a terrifying cautionary tale for us all ... :alex:

Skyhook
08-04-2012, 07:20
Outstanding.
I liked this part: "Protection is found only in self-help. To stop the Road Warriors from stripping the copper cable from your pump or the community’s street lights, civilization is encouraged to put in a video camera, more lighting, more encasement, a wire protective mesh — all based on the premise that the authorities cannot stop the thieves and your livelihood is predicated on the ingenuity of your own counter-terrorism protocols. But the thief is always the wiser: he calculates the cost of anti-theft measures, as well as the state’s bill in arresting, trying, and rehabilitating him, and so wagers that it is cheaper for all of us to let him be and just clean up his mess."

JBnTX
08-04-2012, 08:44
They say, "As goes California, so goes the rest of the country".

walt cowan
08-04-2012, 09:16
maryland is right behind her. damm good read.:wavey:

DonGlock26
08-04-2012, 09:21
Collapse of Rome, here we come. We are making our own barbarians.

_

callihan_44
08-04-2012, 10:22
I find myself insidiously adopting the Road Warrior survival code.

First of all, GET THE HELL OF OUT OF KALIFORNIA! If the author is worried about SHTF, its better to get out of the zombie infested state than stockpiling stuff that will be taken anyway.

ranger1968
08-04-2012, 10:33
That was a good read, and from what I have seen, indicative of the state of a lot of the country, not just California.

hogship
08-04-2012, 10:43
That was a good read, and from what I have seen, indicative of the state of a lot of the country, not just California.

Yes, it was........

I have a good (very conservative) friend who is a govt worker in CA......just forwarded that to him. He's been wanting to leave CA for a couple of decades.......but, the benefits of his job just keeps him there........:steamed:

Having been born, grew up, and educated in CA, I saw what was happening and got the hell out of there 32 years ago.......one of the best things I've ever done for myself, and family.

ooc

Skyhook
08-04-2012, 10:43
Collapse of Rome, here we come. We are making our own barbarians.

_

Wow!

Now, that's erudite. :beer:

UtahIrishman
08-04-2012, 10:47
Very well written

I went to high-school in Bakersfield, graduating in 1972. What he describes of small farms and ranches in the central valley makes me nostalgic. Bakersfield has never been a place of beauty, but at least back then there was a certain order to life. Now there appears to be none.

IvanVic
08-04-2012, 11:09
With all the natural beauty and great weather CA has to offer, it's really a shame that such a wonderful place has been infested and destroyed by liberals.

DonGlock26
08-04-2012, 11:10
Wow!

Now, that's erudite. :beer:

Thank you Sky:

I watched the nation's social fabric decline over my 23 year career as an LEO with the eye of a student of history. We are de-civilizing from the inside. In effect, we are breaking apart into different groups.

People in their 20's have little idea what the US was like prior to the Left's destructive social revolution. The Left wanted the destruction of American society, and they are getting their way. It is ironic that the globalist capitalists have accelerated the decline by shipping our manufacturing base to China.

_

Cavalry Doc
08-04-2012, 14:28
When you are talking about hundreds of millions of people spread across North America, things descend at different rates into the cesspool. Even in areas of close proximity.

We aren't near mad max. It would take years (but not decades) of complete government supported lawlessness to get there.

When the world crumbles around you, things happen, predictable things. People start banding together, protecting their assets, families and resources. They form communities and/or tribes to look out for their survival.

Mad Max level anarchy could only occur in certain areas, and only if the Government got in the way of normal law abiding people forming protective contracts with their neighbors.

Any of us, if our neighborhood was confronted with abandonment, could walk door to door, and invite neighbors to a meeting at the end of the road, and do a little conservative community organizing of our own. I've already got a plan for my neighborhood to defend itself. If that craps out, I have a place to go to.

Things can be a whole lot worse than they are now, even with it being as bad as it is. at some point, the bad guys will start fearing the good guys, or the good guys lose. I'm not good at losing.

pugman
08-04-2012, 15:35
That is a great read but this November's election has little if anything to do with California.

They made their own bed.

The worse thing, when the state fails, they will come to the fed to bail them out - and Obama will do so willingly

Let's face it $16 billion is pocket change.

My guess is if the Fed bails them out, California will do what Greece did back in the late 90's and early 2000's when things were good. Instead of cutting back and slowly adopting people to a less Nanny type state (or country) they went full bore...and look where Greece stands today?

As much as I dislike California, remember the real problem is the federal government - California receives about 78 cents on the dollar for every dollar they pay Uncle Sam.

And they represent about 25% of the U.S Economy. If they got to keep all their money....they could spend like mad fools, balance their budget, pay off the $16 billion, and still have change.

I sincerely think "smart" Californians will vote for Obama simply because the fed is their safety net. Does anyone think Californians would continue voting the way they do if the rug was pulled out from under them and people said...you are on your own.

G29Reload
08-04-2012, 22:36
It makes me angry.

I feel a sense of rage and loathing when I think that this beautiful state is essentially off limits to me. High taxes, stupid social policies, turnstile justice, unchecked illegals, crime, government waste…

This beautiful state, with its agriculture that could supply the entire countries fruit and vegetables, its idyllic weather, scenery, space and cultural gems, ruined by the Left with its dysfunctional systems and rules. It is…Idiocracy.

Worse, when they finally can't cope, the Feds will bail them out. With tax money we all remit. So, CA 's problems are our problems, even though we can't say anything or force the necessary changes.

Skyhook
08-05-2012, 06:21
It makes me angry.

I feel a sense of rage and loathing when I think that this beautiful state is essentially off limits to me. High taxes, stupid social policies, turnstile justice, unchecked illegals, crime, government waste…

This beautiful state, with its agriculture that could supply the entire countries fruit and vegetables, its idyllic weather, scenery, space and cultural gems, ruined by the Left with its dysfunctional systems and rules. It is…Idiocracy.

Worse, when they finally can't cope, the Feds will bail them out. With tax money we all remit. So, CA 's problems are our problems, even though we can't say anything or force the necessary changes.

Yes, what we are witnessing is tragedy on an epic scale; something we did not create and yet it is something which diminishes us all- first in the economic sense and then in the since you so aptly mentioned.

walt cowan
08-05-2012, 08:31
i'm thinking the only way to solve this...short of a inter state civil war is to break it up into 7 or more smaller states. maryland into three.

pugman
08-05-2012, 14:47
i'm thinking the only way to solve this...short of a inter state civil war is to break it up into 7 or more smaller states. maryland into three.

I can only imagine this California civil war would look something like the end of Blazing saddles

Blazing Saddles- The French Mistake - YouTube

The cowboys represent the northern districts, the black railroad workers the south, the French Mistake obviously represents San Franciso, Rock Ridge is the middle except San Fran..

"They hit Buddy....Come on girls!"