CCW 9mm Magazine(s) question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW 9mm Magazine(s) question

gconran
08-04-2012, 11:04
Greetings,

Has anyone found a good Magazine holster or pouch for jacket pockets? I see lots of mag holsters, but most seem to be for belts. Would be nice to find a single or dual magazine holster that could be affixed or sewn into an inside jacket pocket and reliably hold mags for 9mm - from the standard glck 19 to the zombie clips.

Glock_9mm
08-04-2012, 13:48
I just ordered some holsters from Eric at http://hhholsters.highwire.com/ based on a referral from another member here. It seems like they are willing to do some custom stuff if you know what you want.
Scott

gconran
08-04-2012, 14:31
Thanks. I will check them out. Seems there should be a way to get something that can be sewn in without having to go buy a belt holster and modifying it. Not to mention that most of the magazine pouches or holsters are fairly bulky and hard.

M24C
08-04-2012, 17:16
Greetings,

Has anyone found a good Magazine holster or pouch for jacket pockets? I see let's of mag holsters, but most seem to be for belts. Would be nice to find a single or dual magazine holster that could be affixed or sewn into an inside jacket pocket and reliably hold mags for 9mm - from the standard glck 19 to the zombie clips.

Desantis has a magazine holster that fits a pocket and holds magazines up to easy grab. See link below.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-HOLSTER-OR-ACCESSORY/MAGAZINE-POUCHES

cowboy1964
08-04-2012, 17:49
You could probably fashion something together using the cheapo Glock mag pouch. Heck if it's going to be hidden inside a pocket and you have to do sewing and crafting anyway why not just make some completely custom?

Jagged
08-04-2012, 18:43
I had a custom mag pouch made for me from a leathermaker. Rough-out "wallet" form factor. It slips into my back pocket like a wallet-holster, but instead holds a G19 magazine. I don't see why something similar wouldn't work in a jacket pocket.

gconran
08-05-2012, 00:26
@m24c - yes, thanks. The product from that company that I researched looks promising (Mag-packer). If they could customize that to hold two mags, that would be ideal.

It would be ideal to have something that works like a holster and grips the magazine. I could foresee putting a landed 33round or two in them. Would be awkward if they slipped out for CCW.

@jagged, true. It may come to a custom leather pouch. I have ordered a 2 pouch leather holder that will come in. I will evaluate it for sewing it in.

M24C
08-05-2012, 08:43
@m24c - yes, thanks. The product from that company that I researched looks promising (Mag-packer). If they could customize that to hold two mags, that would be ideal.

It would be ideal to have something that works like a holster and grips the magazine. I could foresee putting a landed 33round or two in them. Would be awkward if they slipped out for CCW.

@jagged, true. It may come to a custom leather pouch. I have ordered a 2 pouch leather holder that will come in. I will evaluate it for sewing it in.

As far as 33 round magazines. The only thing off the top of my head, which I know of an own, that can hold easily 4 magazines of the 33 round variety.

is http://ccwbreakaways.com/

in the Cargo pants they have pockets that you can put 2 on each side. That hold the 33 round or the large 40 cal magazines. The pockets are too deep for standard Glock magazines. I've thought about buying a 33 round just to try it. I own 3 sets of pants of theirs. 2 in shorts cargo and 1 in long pants cargo. They have a video showing their use with the large magazines.

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/how-to-use/

goto the last video on the page. I didn't mention them before because you wanted jacket pocket, for the standard pocket the Desantis is what I use. But for 33 rounds the CCWBreakaways is what I would use. ;)

HTH

Darkangel1846
08-05-2012, 08:57
Greetings,

Has anyone found a good Magazine holster or pouch for jacket pockets? I see let's of mag holsters, but most seem to be for belts. Would be nice to find a single or dual magazine holster that could be affixed or sewn into an inside jacket pocket and reliably hold mags for 9mm - from the standard glck 19 to the zombie clips.

If you have access to someone with a sewing machine you might just have them stitch a little denum pocket inside the pants pocket. It works very well:wavey:

gconran
08-05-2012, 09:53
Those pants are cool. Would be great for shtf or long term survival. I will check with them on a pocket that can go in a jacket - they may have ideas. There are a few leather and other jackets with large enough zippered internal pockets that would work well, but holstering the mags and gun securely is better than just dropping them in a pocket.