Gun Control Advocate: Daughters Have Bullseye Targets in Their Bedrooms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control Advocate: Daughters Have Bullseye Targets in Their Bedrooms

glockman66
08-04-2012, 12:25
Sounds like Rep. DeGette is torn between trying to be a gun hating dem-lib and trying to get RE-ELECTED next time around. Rep. DeGette, you can't have it both ways! :upeyes::rofl::supergrin:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gun-control-advocate-daughters-have-bullseye-targets-their-bedrooms
Gun Control Advocate: Daughters Have Bullseye Targets in Their Bedrooms
By Melanie Hunter
August 2, 2012

.."Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), a gun control advocate who has been pushing for an assault weapons ban, especially following the Aurora, Colo., shootings, said her daughters have bullseye targets in their bedrooms after taking gun safety courses through the National Rifle Association."..

DOC44
08-04-2012, 12:36
“You’re never going to stop somebody from taking a gun into a theater, but if that person couldn’t get access to an assault rifle and an ammunition cartridge like that, then they wouldn’t have been able to kill so many people and to severely injure so many people,” she said.

gasoline, quart beer bottles, old socks and a bic.:dunno:

Doc44

janice6
08-04-2012, 12:37
They have their "little targets" and "each got a bullseye". Sounds condescending at the very least.

I bet her kids are very proud of their accomplishment. To think that hey shot a gun and it is now over is just stupid.

Gun knowledge has to be an ongoing thing. You have to keep competent and trained to be safe and protected.

DOC44
08-04-2012, 12:43
They have their "little targets" and "each got a bullseye". Sounds condescending at the very least.

I bet her kids are very proud of their accomplishment. To think that hey shot a gun and it is now over is just stupid.

Gun knowledge has to be an ongoing thing. You have to keep competent and trained to be safe and protected.

One has to train enough to develop muscle memory so one does not have to think about each movement needed to draw and accurately fire.

Doc44

JFrame
08-04-2012, 12:43
"I'm NRA, but I want to impose senseless and pointless gun control."

That platform lacks a certain resonance...

Cavalry Doc
08-04-2012, 13:37
Odd. My daughter used to hang a few in her room that she was proud of. She went to prom as a Freshman with a senior. When he came to pick her up, I took him to her room and showed him her target from our most recent range outing that she had on her wall. About a 1 inch ragged hole in the middle of the bulls eye, I told him that was her target, and that I shoot better than that, to have a nice night, and if they heard helicopters above their car on the way to and or from the prom, not to worry about it. The young man went to what was reportedly a pretty wild party that night, after dropping off my daughter.

Targets are tools.

callihan_44
08-04-2012, 13:50
this reminds me of john kerry trying to obtain a hunting license before the election , completely out of his element...

Bruce H
08-04-2012, 16:36
Idiots like this need little targets placed on their person by unknown people with a message saying " how safe do you feel now".

JFrame
08-04-2012, 17:18
this reminds me of john kerry trying to obtain a hunting license before the election , completely out of his element...

Yeah -- this may also not rise to the level of Michael Dukakis sticking his head out of an Abrams tank, but it's headed in that direction.