Crossbreed quick clip? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed quick clip?

Adamz04
08-05-2012, 07:13
Anyone try one of these? I want to carry my g26 so bad, but I haven't found a comfortable way to do it so far. I've not tried a super tuck yet but my gun comes on and off a lot during a day and I just didn't want to mess with that much bulk and deal with taking that rig on and off a lot. I was curious if the quick clip would hold the g26 firmly in place enough and compensate enough for the weight ?

Any suggestions.

Ive been carrying my kahr p380 iwb cause it's so comfy. Been thinking about a shield or cm9, but really want to make the g26 work.

Lampshade
08-05-2012, 07:21
I had a MicroClip which I just sold in favor of one of the two clip models.

The QwikClip has a slightly different clip which is supposed to be easier on and off, but I remain dubious.

Especially with a G26, I'd just got with a SuperTuck or MiniTuck cause of the weight. I was using a small Kahr and it did shift more than a two clip model.

With the clip and kydex shell placed so close together on the MicroClip, I found the waist of my pants getting hung up on the kydex while clipping it on. Ended up taking nearly as much time as a regular Supertuck.

DaneA
08-05-2012, 08:37
I use a supertuck and have to go into places I can't carry often. I just leave the holster on and put my 26 in my car safe.

Mark Smeaton
08-05-2012, 08:54
The QuickClip single clip didn't work for me: too much slop and sag. Good holster, good company; just not for me.

Adamz04
08-05-2012, 10:17
Okay guys thanks for the input. So far it looks like I'm going to steer clear of the quick clip.

ZO6Vettever
08-05-2012, 10:28
My wife has been using a DeSantis Softuk for about four months EDC. She loves it. I have tried it and if they made one for the G30 I would have one. All leather, renforced at the top for easy reholster, adjustable cant and very good fit. All that for $15. at Natchez.