Shooting at Sikh Temple WI [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Sikh Temple WI

50 Cent
08-05-2012, 11:14
2 active shooters holding hostages as well. Anyone heard of this?

dbak
08-05-2012, 11:15
Going out to buy ammo as we speak

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Atlas
08-05-2012, 11:21
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/reports-of-people-shot-at-sikh-temple-in-oak-creek-qc6cgc0-165059506.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/08/breaking-shooting-at-temple-in-oak-creek-wis-/1#.UB6rNGyj2nc

Atlas
08-05-2012, 11:54
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/05/us-usa-wisconsin-shooting-idUSBRE8740FP20120805

Rabbi
08-05-2012, 12:09
There is an Officer down. It was reported that an Officer exchanged fire with a gunman. The Officer was shot multiple times but managed to kill the gunman.

Prayers are with the Officer and his family.

stolenphot0
08-05-2012, 12:36
crazy. One of the links says a gunmen may be holding children hostage. I hope he looks down his barrel with a finger on the trigger.

Restless28
08-05-2012, 12:38
Oh goody, the gun control assclowns will be emboldened.

AZ Cat
08-05-2012, 13:09
Sounds like just one gunman and the event is over. Officer is expected to survive. What a hero...

Patchman
08-05-2012, 13:13
Sounds like just one gunman and the event is over. Officer is expected to survive. What a hero...

Any officer from a privatized police force as the lowest bidder could have done just as well...:whistling:

Sinister Paige
08-05-2012, 13:16
Any officer from a privatized police force as the lowest bidder could have done just as well...:whistling:

I know this is not the time or the place, but you can not seriously favor a privatized police force?

Best wishes to all.

Patchman
08-05-2012, 13:17
Shooter is described as a white male approx 30 years old. I'm surprised. Wonder what his motivation(s) was/were?

Tim151515
08-05-2012, 13:18
take this with a grain of salt, because it is just what I read on another forum, which was supposedly found out from witnesses.

But I guess what they are saying is that the shooter was a bald, heavy set man wearing a sleeveless shirt. If thats the case, it seems to be some dumb redneck extremest who the media will use to paint a portrait of all gun owners I have no doubt.

MstrPara
08-05-2012, 13:21
Prayers to the victims, families, and injured officer.

frank4570
08-05-2012, 13:22
Dang. From what I understand Sikhs are pretty dang cool. This really sucks.

Detectorist
08-05-2012, 13:22
Officer put the POS down like a sick dog.

Thank you officer. Prayers for you, and the others affected.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/us/wisconsin-temple-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Patchman
08-05-2012, 13:24
take this with a grain of salt, because it is just what I read on another forum, which was supposedly found out from witnesses.

But I guess what they are saying is that the shooter was a bald, heavy set man wearing a sleeveless shirt. If thats the case, it seems to be some dumb redneck extremest who the media will use to paint a portrait of all gun owners I have no doubt.

It's also possible the shooter confused the Shiks with Arabs/Islamists. That's happened in the past because Shiks wear turbans and beards

larry_minn
08-05-2012, 13:28
I do find it "unique" that when its a white male that info is released. Otherwise the race/ethnic of suspect is "clouded"

Detectorist
08-05-2012, 13:29
It's also possible the shooter confused the Shiks with Arabs/Islamists. That's happened in the past because Shiks wear turbans and beards

That's very true.

Paul53
08-05-2012, 13:45
Prayers to all the victims and their families. Thanks to the LEO who ended it, and to all other LEO's who daily risk finding themselves in the same situation.

GlockPistola
08-05-2012, 13:53
Prayers to all the victims. Sikhs are very peaceful people, I know quite a few of them. Maybe they should start considering carrying. Can't wait to hear what Bloomberg will say about this one.

TBO
08-05-2012, 13:58
If beforehand someone had seen a man walking around with a gun and called Police, would they be a hero, or a jerk harassing a man for "doing nothing wrong"?

cyphertext
08-05-2012, 14:12
If beforehand someone had seen a man walking around with a gun and called Police, would they be a hero, or a jerk harassing a man for "doing nothing wrong"?

I think that would depend on the laws and the accepted norms of the area. For example, here in Texas it is legal to carry a long gun, and even though it might be legally ok to throw the AR over my shoulder and stroll through the Galleria, I shouldn't be surprised when the PD rolls up to talk to me about it.

Rural New Mexico where open carry was legal and accepted, I never had an issue. Again, stroll through the mall in Las Cruces, and you will be questioned, as it is out of the norm for the area.

el_jewapo
08-05-2012, 14:16

Well, knowing the end result as we do now, with 20/20 hind sight, a hero. No question.

concretefuzzynuts
08-05-2012, 14:20
Prayers for the officer.

Expect more from the gun grabbers.

tongix
08-05-2012, 14:22
I always think of Sikhs as the symbols of India with their wraparound headdress , but they are just the second largest group in India with the Hindi s as majority . But im amazed how they let those facial beard grow that long just like the Hasidics.
Im glad the one officer took out this mad man whoever he is. Hopefully the injured cop recovers .

HexHead
08-05-2012, 14:24
I sure hope the shooter wasn't one of their new carry permit holders.

Patchman
08-05-2012, 14:27
Dang. From what I understand Sikhs are pretty dang cool. This really sucks.

Prayers to all the victims. Sikhs are very peaceful people, I know quite a few of them. Maybe they should start considering carrying.

Yeah, I know a few of them also and they ARE good people.

The Shiks have a martial tradition and reputation as fierce worriers. OK they had one major hiccup. Shiks are (or were) the sole cast allowed to join the ranks of bodyguards to India's Prime Ministers. Unfortunitely, in 1984, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two of her own Shik bodyguards. As the Brits would say, "that was in rather bad taste."

pugman
08-05-2012, 14:29
40 miles from my house.

We had one similiar to this back in 05'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Ratzmann

Except in this case this particular religous group met in a Sheraton Hotel I drive by every day on my way to work

I've have said it since the Colorado shooting (and really for years)..instead of a immature response of banning guns..lets return to the old west...anyone who passes a background check can open carry at any time...anywhere.

dbak
08-05-2012, 14:34
40 miles from my house.

We had one similiar to this back in 05'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Ratzmann

Except in this case this particular religous group met in a Sheraton Hotel I drive by every day on my way to work

I've have said it since the Colorado shooting (and really for years)..instead of a immature response of banning guns..lets return to the old west...anyone who passes a background check can open carry at any time...anywhere.

I think its time we all stop talking about it and open carry everywhere we legally can.

TBO
08-05-2012, 14:41
WI is an Open Carry state.

Patchman
08-05-2012, 14:53
WI is an Open Carry state.

What is this, a segue for XXPilot and BATgal? :faint:

DaleGribble
08-05-2012, 14:58

Seriously! And to top it all off, if he becomes permanently disabled due to being shot were gonna be footing the bill for this deadbeat for the rest of his life!!!!!
:whistling:

frank4570
08-05-2012, 15:06

I was thinking that, too.

TBO
08-05-2012, 15:09
"A law enforcement official told NBC News the gunman who opened fire at the Sikh temple was dressed in tactical gear and armed with a single handgun."

ignantmike
08-05-2012, 15:21
here we go.....:whistling:.....cue bloomberg.......
waiting........

NEOH212
08-05-2012, 15:23
Is it legal in WI to carry in a place of worship?

AZ Cat
08-05-2012, 15:26

Let me put this another way: I would consider any person who had suffered multiple gunshot wounds and still managed to shoot and kill a mass murderer to be a hero.

Sinister Paige
08-05-2012, 15:28
"A law enforcement official told NBC News the gunman who opened fire at the Sikh temple was dressed in tactical gear and armed with a single handgun."

We need to hurry up and pass a law that no one will read banning tatical gear, for the children.

Best wishes to all those hurt and to the family of those killed.

raven11
08-05-2012, 15:41
Prayers to all the victims. Sikhs are very peaceful people, I know quite a few of them. Maybe they should start considering carrying. Can't wait to hear what Bloomberg will say about this one.

actually in their holy book they are suppose to carry a kirpan ( a dagger or short sword) as a reminder of their faith and it ranks up there with a beard and turban as one every sikh is suppose to carry. I'm friends with a few and the argument whether the holy book meant just the dagger or (like the second amendment argument) means modern day firearms (tradition vs. defense) is a pretty vocal discussion.

BossGodfrey
08-05-2012, 16:31

If was in NYC I'm sure the officer would tell him these are his streets! and then threaten to shove his **ck down his throat. But that's cool because he wears a badge right?

luisbet1032
08-05-2012, 16:37
This NOV. 2011 Wisconsin's new concealed carry law passed.:wow:

Sinister Paige
08-05-2012, 16:40
I read on another forum that he allegedly called the temple to find out when they would be their busiest.

Ragnar
08-05-2012, 16:44
Yeah, I know a few of them also and they ARE good people.

The Shiks have a martial tradition and reputation as fierce worriers. OK they had one major hiccup. Shiks are (or were) the sole cast allowed to join the ranks of bodyguards to India's Prime Ministers. Unfortunitely, in 1984, Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two of her own Shik bodyguards. As the Brits would say, "that was in rather bad taste."

You know why her Sikh bodyguard gunned her down? Because she ordered the Indian Army to assault the Golden Temple, which is the religious center of Sikhism. And she kept her Sikh bodyguards on the job afterwards. How much of a dumbass do you need to be be to do that? :rofl:

GlockPistola
08-05-2012, 16:46
actually in their holy book they are suppose to carry a kirpan ( a dagger or short sword) as a reminder of their faith and it ranks up there with a beard and turban as one every sikh is suppose to carry. I'm friends with a few and the argument whether the holy book meant just the dagger or (like the second amendment argument) means modern day firearms (tradition vs. defense) is a pretty vocal discussion.

Very interesting. If carrying the dagger was meant to be functional as well as a symbolic representation of their faith, then I'd say it would be appropriate to carry both, the dagger for the symbolism and the handgun for the function since a dagger would not be as functional today.

Agonizer
08-05-2012, 16:51
Is it legal in WI to carry in a place of worship?

Yes, unless signs posted.

And I do every Sunday.

concretefuzzynuts
08-05-2012, 16:55
I think its time we all stop talking about it and open carry everywhere we legally can.

Should I call you a tool now?

Riflemanz
08-05-2012, 16:59
Cops are searching a duplex in Cudahy Wi real close to Oak Creek Wi.

GlockPistola
08-05-2012, 17:03
Eye witness is saying four men dressed in black did the shooting, but police say it was only one.

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting Eyewitness: "4 SHOOTERS DRESSED IN ALL BLACK" - YouTube

Riflemanz
08-05-2012, 17:08
I'm watching the local news and it was only 1 shooter who is now deceased due to a brave Oak Creek officer who took him out after getting shot!

Drain You
08-05-2012, 17:32
How sad. It could have been a lot worse, thankfully an officer was able to end the threat. I too am awaiting the anti honky media storm, you just know they're licking their lips over this one.

Restless28
08-05-2012, 17:35
The assclowns in DC are slobbering on the remote.

Buy.

Fox
08-05-2012, 17:37
Two mass shootings by deranged gunmen so far in the election season. I can read the writing on the wall. If Obama gets a second term, there will a renewed AWB.

HexHead
08-05-2012, 17:39

probably some 5.11 cargo pants.

AWGD8
08-05-2012, 17:41
I live less than 2 miles south of the shooting. As we go our daily routine buying stuff at Sams club, i observed peoples reactions as the news was being reported on most 40 to 50 lcd display there. Some watch it and some appears nothing happens. But it does not look like troubling or out of the ordinary. Maybe most havenot heard about it yet? I was just curious if reactions will be different if the gunman started shooting in a baptist or lutheran or catholic churches? Prayers for victims family.

I always carry everytime we go to the church. It is legal here unless they put a no carry sign by the door.

Restless28
08-05-2012, 17:42
Two mass shootings by deranged gunmen so far in the election season. I can read the writing on the wall. If Obama gets a second term, there will a renewed AWB.

There will be an attempt. These murderous cowards are fueling the fire.

The fire is a result of the economics that the Fed, in collusion with the banks and corrupt politicians have wrought upon the people. It's insidious, IMO.

Jeff82
08-05-2012, 17:42
From what I've seen on the news it was a second officer, not the wounded one, who shot and killed the bad guy.

Angry Fist
08-05-2012, 17:44
In case people don't know about Sikhs, I found this compare/contrast site. Very informative. These guys are a religon of peace.

http://www.info-sikh.com/GoraPage1.html

Agonizer
08-05-2012, 17:47
The area around the shooters house has been evacuated. Neighbors say he moved in about a month ago. He is from out of state.

FBI swat team going in now.

Agonizer
08-05-2012, 17:59
Hazmat team now at shooters house.

It doesn't sound like anyone has made entry yet.

RonS
08-05-2012, 18:01
Just read a local online newspaper account. They are investigating a home on East Holmes Avenue. That is weird. The report says the occupant is new to the area. Could he have found someplace to rent and selected that address for some kind of statement after Aurora? Be interesting to see when he moved in. Could be a coincidence too.

Agonizer
08-05-2012, 18:10
Local news says military vet from North Carolina.

HexHead
08-05-2012, 18:14
Just read a local online newspaper account. They are investigating a home on East Holmes Avenue. That is weird. The report says the occupant is new to the area. Could he have found someplace to rent and selected that address for some kind of statement after Aurora? Be interesting to see when he moved in. Could be a coincidence too.

I'm guessing you're reading way too much into this.

eyelikeglasses
08-05-2012, 18:17
Wow, the hits just keep on coming.

Agonizer
08-05-2012, 18:34
TV news says shooter had a fight with his girlfriend and was extremely upset.

Power and gas now cut off to the house.

Patchman
08-05-2012, 18:51
TV news says shooter had a fight with his girlfriend and was extremely upset.

Power and gas now cut off to the house.

If this is correct, and for this to make any kind of sense, I hope the gf was from a Shik background...

eyelikeglasses
08-05-2012, 19:11
Why was this so quickly called domestic terrorism?

wrczx3
08-05-2012, 19:47

I was wondering the same exact thing. Because it was at a place of worship?

BigSteven34
08-05-2012, 19:47

Because Janet views all vets as domestic terrorists waiting to happen.

TBO
08-05-2012, 19:59
Perhaps they should have called it a parade?

banjobob
08-05-2012, 20:10
I always find the interpretation of events interesting, some see this as a reason for less guns, I see this as a reason for many many more guns. I always find it amazing how individuals interpret events differently.

rick458
08-05-2012, 20:14

The real question is why wasn't Aurora?

ray9898
08-05-2012, 20:16
I was wondering the same exact thing. Because it was at a place of worship?

The quote from the chief says it is being "treated as a domestic terrorist incident" which is exactly the correct step since it is a mass shooting of strangers at a place of worship.

dabigguns357
08-05-2012, 20:52
Very sad but this is why i carry at church minus the hugging.

been carrying my Glock 22 in a shoulder holster with 2 x mags for a while.

eyelikeglasses
08-05-2012, 20:54
So a 9/11 tattoo on the dead shooter, made this domestic terrorism? Really?!? I know many FF's, LEO's, .mil's, etc., who all have 9/11 tattoos.

Mister_Beefy
08-05-2012, 21:03
this is the first thing I thought about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi

there's a qwik-e-mart nearby that's owned and operated by a Sikh family. Nice people.

this sucks.

Mister_Beefy
08-05-2012, 21:06

until he started shooting people, a "man doing nothing wrong" was exactly what he was.

this is what is known to LEOs as zealotry.

you must only exercise your rights when appropriate.

GlockPistola
08-05-2012, 21:11

Probably because it scares the sheeps and makes it easier to convince them that disarmament of the population is necessary for their "safety".

Magnus2131
08-05-2012, 21:11
The libs will tell you because he tried nothing in his first term that proved he had no intentions.

fnfalman
08-05-2012, 22:33
The libs will tell you because he tried nothing in his first term that proved he had no intentions.

Maybe if Obama were to not have any reason for gun ban? You know, like multiple mass shootings and attempted mass shootings?

the_machine
08-05-2012, 22:46
Though police have not given any details on the identity or motive of the shooter, or released the identities of the victims, sources have told ABC News the shootings are the work of a "white supremacist" or "skinhead."

Jade Falcon
08-05-2012, 22:57

My father is a voting Democrat who supports Obama, who's convinced that another AWB won't happen. He waves me off, and tells me "he's got other more important things to worry about!":sigh:

Ignorance is bliss.

FLIPPER 348
08-05-2012, 23:10
Good for your Dad, I'm proudly voting Obama again also.

Perhaps they should have called it a parade?

the best post in a stupid thread (stupid because of the knee-JERK posts)

USSOCOM
08-05-2012, 23:13
The neighbor behind me is a Sikh. In fact thee large Sikh families own several homes in the neighborhood. They are all good people. It is also true you never will find a male Sikh without his knife.

HollowHead
08-05-2012, 23:19
Muzzie army MD opens up at Ft. Hood and it's "domestic terrorism." White guy opens up at Sikh temple and it's not. Got it. HH

GlockPistola
08-05-2012, 23:25
I'm waiting for Rabbi to chime in, I enjoy reading his posts, which tend to be insightful and logical. http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t431/Socalpistola/popcorn4qt.gif

stevelyn
08-05-2012, 23:29
Originally Posted by Patchman

And that would have been more acceptable?

You know why her Sikh bodyguard gunned her down? Because she ordered the Indian Army to assault the Golden Temple, which is the religious center of Sikhism. And she kept her Sikh bodyguards on the job afterwards. How much of a dumbass do you need to be be to do that? :rofl:

Sounds more like a justified shoot to me.

Rabbi
08-05-2012, 23:41
I'm waiting for Rabbi to chime in, I enjoy reading his posts, which tend to be insightful and logical. http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t431/Socalpistola/popcorn4qt.gif

I am waiting for details. We dont seem to know very much right now. Without enough data, I cant "do the math."

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 00:50
I love how after the fact the MRAP's and "tac" teams show up. It's like show and tell for the cops, "Hey look what I'm running on my patrol rifle! But boy, they get kinda heavy after holding it 20 minutes."
It seems like they think it's a parade.

Magnus2131
08-06-2012, 01:35
Maybe if Obama were to not have any reason for gun ban? You know, like multiple mass shootings and attempted mass shootings?
Certain people just salivate when something like that happens. Just to use it for their "gun control" political agenda. That is just sick.

Foxtrotx1
08-06-2012, 03:21
I love how after the fact the MRAP's and "tac" teams show up. It's like show and tell for the cops, "Hey look what I'm running on my patrol rifle! But boy, they get kinda heavy after holding it 20 minutes."

Wow, I thought GNG was retarded before you showed up.

Bren
08-06-2012, 04:36
I know this is not the time or the place, but you can not seriously favor a privatized police force?

Best wishes to all.

I believe he was being sarcastic - getting ahead of those here who make that suggestion seriously.

Flying-Dutchman
08-06-2012, 04:43
Meanwhile another 7 killed and 35 wounded in weekend Chicago shootings….

And in other news 300,000,000 Americans were not hit by gunfire and enjoyed a peaceful day….

Patchman
08-06-2012, 04:45

Well, it's not like the local civilians who have their own guns rushed to the scene to take care of things. You know, the "well regulated militia" thingy...

But a privatized police department at the lowest bidder would have had a more reasonable and measured response... you know, show up long enough after the 9-1-1 calls so they only need to take some reports. Then wouldn't need all them "toys."

Privatized PD is the way to go, man!

Bren
08-06-2012, 04:52
So a 9/11 tattoo on the dead shooter, made this domestic terrorism? Really?!? I know many FF's, LEO's, .mil's, etc., who all have 9/11 tattoos.

I'm pretty sure they consider it an act of terrorism because he decided to kill a bunch of people based on their religion.:upeyes: Maybe you missed that part.

The irony being that, apparently, a veteran didn't know enough about Muslims to tell them apart from Sikhs - they are pretty easy to tell apart. You'd think, if you hated people enough to give up your life to kill a few, you'd at least pick the right ones - maybe check the phone book to see if that church is listed as Muslim?

I was just thinking of the kid on the old Johnny Quest cartoons who was dressed like a Sikh, but called "Hadji" (which is a muslim thing). Maybe this guy watched a lot of Johnny Quest. Did he shoot any bulldogs?

Bren
08-06-2012, 04:56

How would you know? Saw it in a movie?

Patchman
08-06-2012, 05:15
And that would have been more acceptable?

No. But definitely more ironic.

Gunman thinks he's shooting up a bunch of Muslims. Feels pretty proud of himself. Turns out they're Sikhs. DUH!

Flying-Dutchman
08-06-2012, 05:17
Muzzie army MD opens up at Ft. Hood and it's "domestic terrorism." White guy opens up at Sikh temple and it's not. Got it. HH
Ironically the official and mainstream media line so far is the exact opposite of your statement and hypocritical.

You can be both a terrorist and mentally ill, lone wolf or not. Hassan and this latest killer may be both.

Tim151515
08-06-2012, 05:20
breaking: shooter an active serviceman out of Fort Bragg(Fox said fort bragg, california??? wtf?!) but his name is wade michael page.

thats what it says on the home page anyways. But when you click on the story, it gets it right and says NC, but also lists him as a former soldier. Great reporting we got going on here fellas.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06/authorities-search-for-motive-in-deadly-shooting-at-wisconsin-sikh-temple/#ixzz22kaYJb99

deputy tom
08-06-2012, 05:26
breaking: shooter an active serviceman out of Fort Bragg(Fox said fort bragg, california??? wtf?!) but his name is wade michael page.

thats what it says on the home page anyways. But when you click on the story, it gets it right and says NC, but also lists him as a former soldier. Great reporting we got going on here fellas.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/06/authorities-search-for-motive-in-deadly-shooting-at-wisconsin-sikh-temple/#ixzz22kaYJb99

Never mind. I re-read your post. Good catch. tom.

Tim151515
08-06-2012, 05:30
Sorry Tim, that link said he is an ex-army soldier.....was attatched to fort bragg in NC. tom.

on the home page it said "active soldier from fort bragg, CA)

"URGENT: Sources close to the investigation tell Fox News they have identified the suspect in shooting at a Sikh temple that left seven dead as Wade Michael Page, 40, an active Army serviceman out of Fort Bragg, Calif."

deputy tom
08-06-2012, 05:32

Tim, read my edited post .tom.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 05:46

Yeah, I know a few also. I'm just waiting for the day one of those I know shoots up a church/temple/house of worship so I can say "I know a domestic terrorist..."

:rofl::rofl:

Restless28
08-06-2012, 05:59
My pal who runs the beer store is Sikh. He and his father are 2 of the nicest men I know. Why anyone would confuse them with radical Islamists is beyond me.

Mister_Beefy
08-06-2012, 06:22
I don't understand how a muslim guy shooting up an army processing center does not fit the profile of domestic terrorism but a while guy shooting up a sikh temple does.

TBO
08-06-2012, 06:38
No PTSD claim yet?

TBO
08-06-2012, 06:45
CNN is saying he's a white supremacist.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/us/wisconsin-temple-shooting/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

It also states the police are looking to see if it's domestic terrorism, not calling it domestic terrorism.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 07:12
It also states the police are looking to see if it's domestic terrorism, not calling it domestic terrorism.

Well, you know how it is in a police state. The cops have to always be right. So if they're "thinking" possible domestic terrorism, it HAS to end up being domestic terrorism.

Why? Because cops are always right and have to have the last word! WORD!

Oh, BTW, I learned that on GNG. :)

TBO
08-06-2012, 07:38
:number1:

fnfalman
08-06-2012, 08:12
Maybe the guy wasn't looking to shoot up Muslims. Maybe he did want to target the Indians.

Bren
08-06-2012, 08:12

"URGENT: Sources close to the investigation tell Fox News they have identified the suspect in shooting at a Sikh temple that left seven dead as Wade Michael Page, 40, an active Army serviceman out of Fort Bragg, Calif."

Turns out, he was kicked out of the Army in 1998, with an Other Than Honorable discharge, so not a "War on Terror" (GWOT) vet.

Apparently he was a white power skinhead and the lead singer of a band called "End Appathy."

That says, in turn, that terrorism is probably as good a label as any.

Mrs.Cicero
08-06-2012, 08:19
IF this is who my best friend thinks it is (same name, age, time in Army, etc), then he didn't care about any difference between Sikhs and Muslims. He was an equal opportunity racist who hated everybody not Caucasian-of-European-descent-flavor.

Mrs.Cicero

Patchman
08-06-2012, 08:32
Maybe the guy wasn't looking to shoot up Muslims. Maybe he did want to target the Indians.

Oh, no, no, no. Nobody is saying he was looking to shoot up Muslims. Early in the thread, one question raised was the shooter's motivation, or "why?" Why shoot up a Sikh temple full of Sikh worshipers. (most posters knew Sikhs as "good people").

Some crazy gunman shooting up a bunch of Muslims is always a viable concern. But as these victims were Sikhs, the possibility was raised that they were mistaken for Muslims.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that right now in the Mid-East, many, many news media outlets are telling their readers/viewers that the Sikh temple was shot by mistake, and the gunman, a U.S. military trained killer, was really gunning for Muslims.

WarEagle32
08-06-2012, 08:52
[QUOTE=FLIPPER 348;19275953]Good for your Dad, I'm proudly voting Obama again also.

Proudly I am as well!!! And I love my "Assault Weapons"

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 11:46
I don't understand how a muslim guy shooting up an army processing center does not fit the profile of domestic terrorism but a while guy shooting up a sikh temple does.

Major Hasan didn't fit the narrative.

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 11:54
Seems ironic that this guy worked in a psy ops unit in the military. You would think they would have a better psychological screening of people in this type of operation.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/cbs-news-shooter-identified-as-former-us-military-member/

Little Joe
08-06-2012, 12:08
Seems ironic that this guy worked in a psy ops unit in the military. You would think they would have a better psychological screening of people in this type of operation.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/06/cbs-news-shooter-identified-as-former-us-military-member/

He was kicked out of the Army 14 years ago when he was 26. I don't see how it has any relevance to this at all.

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 12:10
He was kicked out of the Army 14 years ago when he was 26. I don't see how it has any relevance to this at all.

Don't matter to the people who have a grudge against the military. People like our President and some LEO's on GT. :whistling:

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 12:18

It mattered when he was working in that unit, that's what I mean, he was able to get that position.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 12:20
Don't matter to the people who have a grudge against the military. People like our President and some LEO's on GT. :whistling:

LEOs on GT who are anti military? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

In the past, LEOs on GT were accused as being blindingly pro-U.S. military.

When you cry "wolf," there better be wolf. You're going to have to show posts to back up your claim. So which poster and what did they say?

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 12:24
No PTSD claim yet?

How about this one? Want me to find more?

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 12:44
The quote from the chief says it is being "treated as a domestic terrorist incident" which is exactly the correct step since it is a mass shooting of strangers at a place of worship.

No the Chief said it was domestic terrorism because it was an someone in the confines of America doing it.
Skip to about the 8 minute mark.
Sikh Temple Shooting Police Chief John Edwards Statement 8-5-2012 - YouTube

So under that definition why aren't all the murderers in Chicago domestic terrorism?

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 12:48
CNN is saying he's a white supremacist.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/us/wisconsin-temple-shooting/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

See above post.

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 12:50
I'm pretty sure they consider it an act of terrorism because he decided to kill a bunch of people based on their religion.:upeyes: Maybe you missed that part.

Maybe you made up that part, again see post above.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 12:51
How about this one? Want me to find more?

And your point being...? Past news stories about .mil vets and killings will routinely link the vet with PTSD. Or question if it was caused by PTSD.

For your information, PTSD is for real. Obviously there are different degrees of the disease, and different vets are affected differently. But PTSD is for real and there's no shame is acknowledging that. Nor is it anti-military to acknowledge that PTSD exists.

Yes, find more. Because now you're starting to come across as being more retarded.

Dang guy, start wearing those rose colored glasses.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 13:10
It just occurred to me. In all past cases of mass killings where a .gov vet was involved, how many were from the Navy (not Marines) or Air Force?

Any studies on that?

Bren
08-06-2012, 13:32

You would only think that if you don't know what Psy Ops is. Not kidding - it isn't some super-secret CIA program.

countrygun
08-06-2012, 13:38
You would only think that if you don't know what Psy Ops is. Not kidding - it isn't some super-secret CIA program.

I had a buddy who used to laugh about being in a "Psy Ops"
program in Vietnam.

"I threw the bundles of leaflets out of the plane, sometimes I even cut the bands around them first"

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 13:53

I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior. kind of like the Fort Hood shooting, the shooter was in the field of psychiatry yet people missed the red flags. People like this always have a history of problematic or bizarre behaviors, which apparently he had been disciplined before. Too many sociopaths and people with mental health disorders keep flying under the radar nowadays and going on these mass shootings and then of course, guns are blamed.

Detectorist
08-06-2012, 14:04
It just occurred to me. In all past cases of mass killings where a .gov vet was involved, how many were from the Navy (not Marines) or Air Force?

Any studies on that?

It's hard to get PTSD in the AF or NAVY unless one of them is hit by a golf ball or something. :rofl:

Jeff82
08-06-2012, 15:23

Any studies on that?

US Postal workers. Ya gotta watch the mailman.

because the mail never stops... - YouTube

Bren
08-06-2012, 16:49
I had a buddy who used to laugh about being in a "Psy Ops"
program in Vietnam.

"I threw the bundles of leaflets out of the plane, sometimes I even cut the bands around them first"

Yep. The guys who played heavy metal over louspeakers to irritate Noriega in Panama? Psy Ops. The guys who draw leaflets asking the enemy to give up? Psy Ops.

I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior.

Psychology? Screening process? They employ soldiers - a guy goes into MEPS and they say, "do you want to be Infantry, Artillery, Psy Ops, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Supply, or an MP" and he picks Psy Ops because the name sounds cool and they pretend it's a big deal in low budget movies about Vietnam. Most Psy Ops units in the Army are reserve and the 37F's I've served with are prison guards and cops and postal workers and construction laborers in civilian life.

fnfalman
08-06-2012, 16:51
I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior. kind of like the Fort Hood shooting, the shooter was in the field of psychiatry yet people missed the red flags. People like this always have a history of problematic or bizarre behaviors, which apparently he had been disciplined before. Too many sociopaths and people with mental health disorders keep flying under the radar nowadays and going on these mass shootings and then of course, guns are blamed.

You'd be most disappointed to know that they don't do squat high-speed/low-drag in PsychOp or Military Intelligence.

Bren
08-06-2012, 17:02
It's hard to get PTSD in the AF or NAVY unless one of them is hit by a golf ball or something. :rofl:

Actually, there are loads of Air Force and Navy on the ground in Afganistan, attached to Army units. When I went through the combat advisor school, it was mixed almost evenly with Army, Navy and Air Force. The squad right behind mine in company formations was about 8 Air Force supply people and 1 Army Infantryman with badges and tabs all over. While I was in the school, 2 Navy officers that recently graduated from my Company were killed by an Afghan soldier that had recently been trained under the supervision of U.S. advisors hwo probably graduated with them at Ft. Riley. There are plenty of ways for them to get PTSD.

Lt. (j.g.) Francis Toner (Silver Star) (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/a-navy-officer-from-southern-california-killed-in-afghanistan-in-2009-was-posthumously-awarded-the-silver-star-in-a-ceremony.html)

Lt. Florence B. Choe (http://militarytimes.com/valor/navy-lt-florence-b-choe/4013489/)

Mister_Beefy
08-06-2012, 17:13
Well, you know how it is in a police state. The cops have to always be right. So if they're "thinking" possible domestic terrorism, it HAS to end up being domestic terrorism.

this is a troll post. I did not mention the police, you did.

Why? Because cops are always right and have to have the last word! WORD!

only when they're trolling.

Oh, BTW, I learned that on GNG. :)

another troll post. trying to get the last word in.

just let it go, you are making yourself look pathetic.

:number1:

ah, now I understand why you keep doing it.

Patchman
08-06-2012, 17:19
Wow, another post by Beefy where Beefy sees the world revolving around picking on Beefy!
:dunno:

Pathetic.

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 17:26
You'd be most disappointed to know that they don't do squat high-speed/low-drag in PsychOp or Military Intelligence.

Yep. The guys who played heavy metal over louspeakers to irritate Noriega in Panama? Psy Ops. The guys who draw leaflets asking the enemy to give up? Psy Ops.

Psychology? Screening process? They employ soldiers - a guy goes into MEPS and they say, "do you want to be Infantry, Artillery, Psy Ops, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Supply, or an MP" and he picks Psy Ops because the name sounds cool and they pretend it's a big deal in low budget movies about Vietnam. Most Psy Ops units in the Army are reserve and the 37F's I've served with are prison guards and cops and postal workers and construction laborers in civilian life.

Well, gee, I would hope they would at least have one consulting psychologist on staff doing some of the planning. I think I want my tax payer money back for that unit. :whistling:

countrygun
08-06-2012, 17:35
Well, gee, I would hope they would at least have one consulting psychologist on staff doing some of the planning. I think I want my tax payer money back for that unit. :whistling:

You do understand that a whole lot of people in "PsyOps" don't do anything related to psychology and, in general just do average soldier's jobs?

wprebeck
08-06-2012, 18:47
Wow, another post by Beefy where Beefy sees the world revolving around picking on Beefy!

Pathetic.

gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Mister_Beefy/photos?id=528839

gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/mister_beefy/photos?I'd=528856

So, I'll oblige -

You really expect someone to believe the person at the above site isn't you? Avatar look familiar? Along the the underscore you use between "mister" and "beefy", its a certainty this is you.

Its OK to be a geeky gamer that lives at home. Its not OK to pretend to be otherwise, and act like you have a clue about life in the real world. Life isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, your apparent favorite games. But, you being the know-everything kid you are, I doubt you'll see my point.

And if it seems like I'm picking on you - I'm not. I'm just making the forum aware of who you are in real life.

XDRoX
08-06-2012, 19:09
Do we know what type of guns this guys used yet?

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 19:19
Do we know what type of guns this guys used yet?

Not yet I don't think. Hope not another Glock, you know that no brain communist and fascist gun grabbers here in California would go as far as to single out Glocks to ban. (Well in your case, I would assume you would hope not an XD).

Jack_Pine
08-06-2012, 19:24
They keep on saying it was a 9mm. Brand aside, one would have to guess it was a 15-19 round mag. that will get hem going, hi-cap and all.

SouthpawG26
08-06-2012, 20:58
CNN just reported the gun to be an XD, 9mm.

Mister_Beefy
08-06-2012, 21:01

Pathetic.

if it wasn't a troll post, then please explain what your post had to do with the topic of the thread.

you don't like me. I get it.

there is a very handy ignore feature built into vbulletin. why not use it?

gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Mister_Beefy/photos?id=528839 (http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Mister_Beefy/photos?id=528839)

gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/mister_beefy/photos?I'd=528856 (http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/mister_beefy/photos?I%27d=528856)

So, I'll oblige -

You really expect someone to believe the person at the above site isn't you? Avatar look familiar? Along the the underscore you use between "mister" and "beefy", its a certainty this is you.

Its OK to be a geeky gamer that lives at home. Its not OK to pretend to be otherwise, and act like you have a clue about life in the real world. Life isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, your apparent favorite games. But, you being the know-everything kid you are, I doubt you'll see my point.

And if it seems like I'm picking on you - I'm not. I'm just making the forum aware of who you are in real life.

"its a certainty this is you."

I disagree, the only certainty here is that your post is a troll post, that is bumping an off topic post from a closed thread.

please stop, I wouldn't want you to get an infraction.

countrygun
08-06-2012, 21:23
CNN just reported the gun to be an XD, 9mm.

Are you saying CNN differentiated between and XD and a Glock?

"Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you, this is the big one!"

JuneyBooney
08-06-2012, 21:23
You do understand that a whole lot of people in "PsyOps" don't do anything related to psychology and, in general just do average soldier's jobs?

That is probably more often than people think. The guy probably had money problems. It was obvious that he was trained a little in shooting.

GlockPistola
08-06-2012, 21:34

That's because it was actually a LEO who reported this not one of the morons from CNN. The reporter, Erin Burnett (all looks and not much brains, imo) tried to set him up with an indirect question on gun control (sounded pro gun control), but the LEO didn't fall for it.

SouthpawG26
08-06-2012, 21:35

Yep. They actually stated that it was, in fact, a Springfield XD, 9mm. Multiple magazines were recovered from the deceased suspect.

They did indeed interview an LEO.

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 21:56
Wow, this thread slowed down a lot when relevant questions get brought up.

ray9898
08-06-2012, 22:09
Wow, this thread slowed down a lot when relevant questions get brought up.

No...it slowed down when the usually group showed up to derail it with their vast conspiracy theories based on fantasy.

eyelikeglasses
08-06-2012, 22:20
No...it slowed down when the usually group showed up to derail it with their vast conspiracy theories based on fantasy.

Ray, I have a lot of respect for your analyse. But it seems like you only research the partyouy line. It seems like you are a LEO, I'm looking for opposing views, I welcome your thought out responses. But can you really say you have no questions?

ray9898
08-06-2012, 22:26
Ray, I have a lot of respect for your analyse. But it seems like you only research the partyouy line. It seems like you are a LEO, I'm looking for opposing views, I welcome your thought out responses. But can you really say you have no questions?

Questions? I have spent years dealing with things that just boggle the mind. I have seen humans do about every horrible thing you can imagine to each other for no good reason. If you are asking if I doubt a white supremacist could walk in and murder a bunch of people on his hate list the answer is no; I would not bat an eye.

TBO
08-06-2012, 22:36
There are parents who murder their own children.
An angry hateful man killing strangers?
Pure vanilla.

countrygun
08-06-2012, 23:03

Man, I'd hate to kick that post on a hot day.

So everyone who doesn't see a conspiracy around every corner is spouting the party line?

Well thanks anyway. you sounding a bit paranoid will help see to it that no serious questions are asked when we are finished.

:supergrin:

(this post will self destruct at the appropriate time)

nmk
08-06-2012, 23:11
Huh. Beefy dude and some of the LEO responses seem pathetic and petty. Usually I'm rooting for one of them. It appears neither side wants to take the high road here.

wprebeck
08-06-2012, 23:29
Huh. Beefy dude and some of the LEO responses seem pathetic and petty. Usually I'm rooting for one of them. It appears neither side wants to take the high road here.
If by "high road", you mean will I ignore a poster who claims he is not who we now know him to be? Because I won't. He constantly belittles LE at every turn, and has now begun a campaign to portray himself as a victim. I merely linked to some pics online, on a forum HE posted at. If you don't want stuff to come back and bite you, don't post it online.

As far as the OT and conspiracy theories go - I'm a jail officer, so i don't typically see the immediate mess people cause. But, I've known some nasty folks in my 12.5 years of time. One was a "mother" who lit her kids on fire after dousing them with gas. Another was a guy who bludgeoned his son to death with a weight, then tortured his wife to death (a gt'er made that run). Speaking of torture, Google Mel Ignatow. I knew him, too. Cecil New raped and killed a 3 year old boy, then threw him in the trash. I know him, too.

All these incidents, and the conspiracy clowns think a skinhead type wouldn't shoot up a church belonging to another religion? Yeah, OK.

glockman66
08-07-2012, 00:49
I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". I don't know this for a fact, but is there any chance that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Possibly the MSM might not know the difference?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/06/13141505-alleged-gunman-in-wisconsin-sikh-temple-attack-idd-as-army-veteran-fbi-explores-links-to-white-supremacist-groups?lite

Rabbi
08-07-2012, 00:55
I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". Any chances that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Apparently the MSM might not know the difference?

Given the media a "squad rifle" could be anything from a shotgun to a can of pepper spray.

Of course the real question is, does it have the shoulder thing that goes up?

Ragnar
08-07-2012, 03:38
That is probably more often than people think. The guy probably had money problems. It was obvious that he was trained a little in shooting.

Doesn't take much "training" to shoot unarmed people.

Patchman
08-07-2012, 04:45
if it wasn't a troll post, then please explain what your post had to do with the topic of the thread.

If you bothered to read some of the posts prior to mine, you'll see that my post was a parody response to those asking "why did the police ALREADY declare the shooting domestic terrorism?"

Really. I'm serious. Go back and re-read. After you finish, I DEMAND AN APOLOGY.

That your parking space thread fell flat on it's face, well, please don't take that out on me.

Beefy doesn't like me. I get it. But the GT world does not revolve around poking Beefy. As I previously tried to tell Beefy, he should seek out someone to talk to.

there is a very handy ignore feature built into vbulletin. why not use it?

So you're aware of this function. Curious why then you didn't use this function? Instead, you act like a 6 year old who'd rather keep instigating an event and then run to mommy crying "tell them to stop it, stop it." So who's being the troll here?

Mr.Pliskin
08-07-2012, 06:17
He constantly belittles LE at every turn,
Because LE is "The Man" and everyone knows you have to stick it to him.

Of course the real question is, does it have the shoulder thing that goes up?

It couldn't be...aren't those banned?

Patchman
08-07-2012, 07:50
OK, so so far, nobody has determined if the shooter was just looking to shoot up any non-whites, the Sikhs specifically, or Muslims (but confused them with Sikhs), right?

Any updates?

glockman66
08-07-2012, 09:44
Two more "Squad Rifle" descriptions have shown up in the MSM:

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2718238.shtml?cat=10151

ALSO:
http://www.pressherald.com/news/nationworld/wisconsin-shooter-tied-to-racist-movement_2012-08-07.html

ray9898
08-07-2012, 10:27
Two more "Squad Rifle" descriptions have shown up in the MSM:

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2718238.shtml?cat=10151

ALSO:
http://www.pressherald.com/news/nationworld/wisconsin-shooter-tied-to-racist-movement_2012-08-07.html

All of those stories are citing the same AP release.

TBO
08-07-2012, 11:23
Good observation.

Mrs.Cicero
08-07-2012, 11:30
This thread has gone weird. People doubting a skinhead could go into a house of worship and murder a bunch of strangers? Why the heck not? They base their worldview on HATE. It's easier to kill what you hate than it is to kill what you love. Just because you personally have never managed to hold onto a hate and grow it beyond your own survival instinct's ability to rein it in, doesn't mean no one else can do that. I find it far easier to believe a skinhead would kill a roomful of Sikhs than that a Sikh would kill a roomful of skinheads. Racist of me? Or am I a realist?

Mrs.Cicero

glockman66
08-07-2012, 14:54
All of those stories are citing the same AP release.

Whether or not they came from the same source or not, the only term that is being put before the entire public is "squad rifle". People, that are not familiar/knowledgable with firearms, would not know the difference between a Daisy BB gun, a "squad rifle", an M4 or a 50cal. Barrett rifle. If the MSM was really honest:upeyes::rofl: and the "squad rifle" that took out Page(I totally agree that Page got exactly what he deserved when the police officer took him out) was really in deed an M4, why don't they call it an assault rifle just like they call it when they are trying to demonize gun owners and push for another AWB?

RichardB
08-07-2012, 15:22
The police used a rifle, so there should be no 9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP etc discussions in caliber corner.

glockman66
08-07-2012, 15:46
"Squad Rifle"?:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/2012/08/05/bystanders-police-react-to-sikh-temple-shooting/#slide=2

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./660/442/sikh_temple_shooting3.jpg

AWGD8
08-07-2012, 17:07
"Squad Rifle"?:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/2012/08/05/bystanders-police-react-to-sikh-temple-shooting/#slide=2

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./660/442/sikh_temple_shooting3.jpg

Possibly a shotgun.....

Tx_Angus
08-07-2012, 17:17
I didn't expect to agree with the shooter on many things, and it appears guns will be scratched off the list too. I never have been impressed with these....

http://news.yahoo.com/handgun-type-used-sikhs-mass-shooting-weapon-choice-145915701.html

eyelikeglasses
08-07-2012, 17:18
I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". I don't know this for a fact, but is there any chance that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Possibly the MSM might not know the difference?

They may not want to point out police use an "assault weapon", heaven forbid one of the evil things was used for good.:dunno:

Bren
08-07-2012, 17:24
"Squad Rifle"?:

Springfield Armory calls one version of the M1A a "Scout Squad Rifle" and they advertise it as being popular with police, so maybe he was using that and that's where the press got the term?

http://www.tacticalgearcommand.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000002/M1ASSR_F.gif

glockman66
08-07-2012, 17:42
I will concede that this could be the case. But IMHO, I would think that if the police were going into a possibily residential area, that a .308 would be too much overkill to use. I would also think that the police officers would use a 5.56/.223 with frangible bullets to prevent further people from being injured/killed if there were further shootouts.

writwing
08-07-2012, 17:53

WGWG = White guy with gun

eyelikeglasses
08-07-2012, 18:43

Ha, awesome!

FetchMonster1
08-07-2012, 20:07

So the guys in CO & AZ weren't white then?

countrygun
08-07-2012, 20:41

Remember the guy in AZ was immediately "identified' as a "Tea party member"

eyelikeglasses
08-07-2012, 23:36
Remember the guy in AZ was immediately "identified' as a "Tea party member"

Zimmerman is only 1/2 white.:supergrin: Anybody see the links to the bands my space. Awful music.

RichardB
08-08-2012, 03:26
Oak Creek PD SWAT team seem to have M-4 weapons. Don't imagine patrol officer have anything different. Think of squad rifle as in Squad Car Rifle?

http://www.oakcreekwi.org/police/ocpd/EmergencyResponseUnit.htm

Patchman
08-08-2012, 03:51
"Squad Rifle"?:

Maybe that PD has a few M249 SAWs? Cool!

RottnJP
08-08-2012, 06:42
The same people referred to the shooter having damaged several squads with gunfire- He's talking about the cars, and the carbine then is simply the rifle carried in the squad car. In this case, the squads carry M-4's, apparently.

Just the lingo: Don't over-think it.

eyelikeglasses
08-08-2012, 23:34
Wasn't he accused of only having a pistol? Serious.

ray9898
08-09-2012, 00:14
The same people referred to the shooter having damaged several squads with gunfire- He's talking about the cars, and the carbine then is simply the rifle carried in the squad car. In this case, the squads carry M-4's, apparently.

Just the lingo: Don't over-think it.

Yup....most agencies just refer to it as a patrol rifle.

glockman66
08-09-2012, 00:51
I say potato and You say potahto, I say tomato and You say tomahto .

LIB MSM LEXICON:

M4/AK47 full auto in the hands of a terrorist = Automatic Rifle/Weapon

M4 full auto in the hands of a police officer = Squad/Patrol Rifle/Weapon

M4 semi-auto in the hands of a law-abiding US citizen = Assault Rifle/Weapon

eyelikeglasses
08-10-2012, 09:49
So the security cameras were off at the Temple on Sunday. Didn't they observe suspicious persons there the day before? Why turn off the cameras they next day? And now the shooter committed suicide?

TBO
08-10-2012, 09:58
So the security cameras were off at the Temple on Sunday. Didn't they observe suspicious persons there the day before? Why turn off the cameras they next day? And now the shooter committed suicide?
Are you seeing "patterns"?

kensb2
08-10-2012, 11:37
Other than the stories linked in this thread, I haven't read up on what happened here. However, I am curious why the man being interviewed in the video (I'm assuming he was there), said there were 4 white male shooters, but every other report & LE is only saying 1? No, I'm not trying to start any crazy conspiracy theory crap. I'm more curious if it's possible that the 'eye witness' got the details THAT WRONG.

TBO
08-10-2012, 12:19
Yes.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2

kensb2
08-10-2012, 12:22
Yes.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2

So he imagined the other 3? Can anyone explain how that would happen?

TBO
08-10-2012, 12:50
So he imagined the other 3? Can anyone explain how that would happen?
You are viewing the event with hindsight (knowing what happened/knowing what you're looking for.

He didn't, he experienced it has it unfolded.
He wasn't sitting there looking back waiting for the gunman he knew would appear.

He was going through his normal day, doing his normal thing, in condition white.

When shots/yelling broke out, he didn't know what was going on. His pulse went through the roof, his adrenaline rush/dump didn't help him coldly/clearly OODA.

Think about a time in your life where you were seriously startled by something. Now magnify that by a factor of at least 10x.

I could go further, but you should be getting my point by now.

Respectfully,

TBO

kensb2
08-10-2012, 12:54
I have been to Iraq twice TBO, and admittedly my first handful of convoys were certainly similar to that (although I'm sure I was better prepared for the IED dodging). I'm just still having a hard time wrapping my head around 1 person vs. 4 people, 1 gun vs. 4 guns. I will have to admit, though, that the mind does tend to do whatever it needs to in order to protect itself in highly stressful situations.

TBO
08-10-2012, 13:38
Hear a shot, think it came from one place/guy, hear another shot, think it came from yet another place, guy.

Lots of confusion. Add to that people are people. Interview enough witnesses and you'll find they run an amazing range.

DanaT
08-10-2012, 13:53
TBO,

You know it was black helicopters that descended on the place and did and planted a body. You just don't want to admit it.

:rofl:

DanaT
08-10-2012, 13:55
Hear a shot, think it came from one place/guy, hear another shot, think it came from yet another place, guy.

Lots of confusion. Add to that people are people. Interview enough witnesses and you'll find they run an amazing range.

What is more probable? A lone racist nut or a govt conspiracy?

Exactly.

Conspiracy.

TBO
08-10-2012, 14:00
Crazy eyewitness account guy on Fox 10 news. - YouTube

-----------------------

Another example of a witness:

Witness Describes Robbery Attempt - YouTube

Bren
08-10-2012, 14:22
I'm not reading all that's been posted in this thread since I last looked, because I've been around long enough to know what it's worth.

However, on the "4 or 5 shooters" conspiracy theory, I'll say this: when I first started reading about this, I thought it seemed very unusual for a skinhead to carry out a solo racial attack like this. While tere are others who might, my feeling was that white power skinheads are very "group" centered and I'd have expected more than 1.

On the one hand, this guy could have just gone off, same as any other nut shooter. The small number of people killed supports that.

On the other hand, it isn't impossible that there were multiple shooters and while the dead guy was shooting it out with police, the others were running for it, out the back (I say that not knowing the layout, or how many police arrived or how fast).

That doesn't make it a CIA covert operation or an alien invasion, but if the information came out that a couple of other buddies of the dead shooter were also involved, I wouldn't be shocked.

On the third hand - if you saw some sketchy info that some witness claimed there was more than 1 shooter and you started thinking that somehow meant a conspiracy involving the government, you aren't rational and probably shouldn't be trusted with a gun yourself.

RottnJP
08-11-2012, 06:06
Hey, this is pretty catchy- I think all witness statements should be set to music...

Backing up song ORIGINAL!!! - YouTube

writwing
08-11-2012, 16:43

Huh? :dunno:

TBO
10-08-2012, 23:50
Indian dignitaries convey condolences to Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting survivors, families

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/indian-dignitaries-convey-condolences-to-wisconsin-sikh-temple-shooting-survivors-families/2012/10/04/5fe0af56-0e8b-11e2-ba6c-07bd866eb71a_story.html