Colonel ignites firestorm with article on crushing 'tea party insurgency' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colonel ignites firestorm with article on crushing 'tea party insurgency'

snerd
08-05-2012, 17:22
A retired U.S. Army colonel who now teaches modern warfare (http://www.examiner.com/topic/warfare/articles) to soldiers at the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. has co-written an article with a Civil War expert that has ignited a firestorm (http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/full-spectrum-operations-in-the-homeland-a-vision-of-the-future/) today among those increasingly concerned (http://www.sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2012/08/bringing-war-back-home-full-spectrum.html) about what some say is a distinct anti-civilian (http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2012/08/of-course-you-realize-this-means-war.html) tone that has infected much of the military and Homeland Security (http://www.examiner.com/topic/homeland-security) since 2009.

http://www.examiner.com/article/army-colonel-ignites-firestorm-with-article-on-crushing-a-tea-party-insurgency
Should "you" be worried?

JBnTX
08-05-2012, 17:38
Several items of interest are to be noted in the scenario the Army uses to describe the tea party activists -- "right wing," "extremists," "insurrectionists," all of whom are lumped together with militias and organizations that are considered "racist" and "anti-immigration."

By contrast, those who oppose the tea party are referred to as "mainstream."

It scares me that I'm thought of as "right wing," "extremist," "insurrectionist," "racist" and "anti-immigration", while the people actually trying to destroy this country are thought of as "mainstream".

JFrame
08-05-2012, 17:42
Wow... So the military refuses to acknowledge that Major Hasan was a domestic terrorist fueled by Islamic rage -- but at least one member can establish a doctrine, used as a TRAINING TOOL, to paint a broad swath of disparate Americans as the vanguard of an insurgency? :dunno:

The Machinist
08-05-2012, 18:04
Message to Colonel Benson: Bring it, traitor.

G-19
08-05-2012, 18:41
I can not help but see some simularities with this: http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/bookefad.htm

Seems like the stage is being set.

Bruce H
08-05-2012, 19:11
Recall the good colonel to active duty. Make the SOB walk point in Afganistan.

Gunnut 45/454
08-05-2012, 19:23
The Machinist
I agree 100% ! The mainstream forgets there are many more of us Retired Military Patriots then there are actice duty Obamabots! Ratio of atleast 10 to 1! And yes we are Patriots -Tea party members! And yes Colonel Benson we will stand to fight those wanting to destroy our Republic to the last breath in our bodies! :supergrin:

GAFinch
08-05-2012, 19:25
Cory Booker, Bill Clinton, and Dianne Feinstein speak out of step with the DNC base and immediately issue apologies that look like they were done at gunpoint. Michelle Bachmann does the same thing, but isn't forced to apologize. Dick Cheney insults Tea Party darling Sarah Palin and isn't forced to apologize. Which party has been taken over by extremists?

cowboy1964
08-05-2012, 19:29
I really think the military is far more "anti-leftist" than "anti-civilian", overall. There are always nutjobs like this moron though.

stsai465
08-05-2012, 20:50
I do not have the confidence that some of you have in our military, with regard to recognizing right from wrong anymore and their likelihood on unleashing the full might against US citizens.

From the OP article:

But if one listens to the rhetoric emanating from the White House, DHS, and now the U.S. military, one gets the impression that none of the president's friends ever posed a threat to the country but hundreds of thousands of tea party activists are ticking time bombs lying in wait to unleash a nuke on an American city at the drop of a hat.

The brainwashing against conservatives by this administration has had a definite impact on the military. One analyst who works for retired U.S. Maj. Gen. Paul E. Vallely told this reporter that now over half of Pentagon (http://www.examiner.com/topic/pentagon) personnel are solidly in Obama's corner and share his values and world view.

And with the publication of the Benson and Weber article, it is now clear that the U.S. Army considers it a valid proposition to assume that a future civil war will be sparked not by extremist Islamists with dirty bombs or left wing insurrectionists inspired by Alinsky or Ayers but by the tea party and the conservatives who participate in it.

If the day ever comes a corrupted POTUS (this one or a future one) decides to order US troops to fire upon US citizens and herd "insurrectionists" into camps, I suspect >75% of the active duty troops will comply. The ones that don't will likely find themselves lined up against the wall next to the rest of the "Tea Party Terrorists".

DOC44
08-05-2012, 21:26
The Machinist
I agree 100% ! The mainstream forgets there are many more of us Retired Military Patriots then there are actice duty Obamabots! Ratio of atleast 10 to 1! And yes we are Patriots -Tea party members! And yes Colonel Benson we will stand to fight those wanting to destroy our Republic to the last breath in our bodies! :supergrin:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ItM0n-9EMqQ/UB8K17lihjI/AAAAAAAABlM/M_MkyQ4xb9o/s1600/Col%2BBenson.jpeg

the Col

Doc44

ImpeachObama
08-05-2012, 21:36
Tagged for following.

08-05-2012, 21:43
Through out history the biggest threat to the average person has been their own government.

The .gov no longer fears the people, the people are starting to fear the .gov - and for good reason.

And when they come for us, they'll just be "following orders".

Big Mad Dawg
08-06-2012, 03:30
If the day ever comes a corrupted POTUS (this one or a future one) decides to order US troops to fire upon US citizens and herd "insurrectionists" into camps, I suspect >75% of the active duty troops will comply. The ones that don't will likely find themselves lined up against the wall next to the rest of the "Tea Party Terrorists".

Then we true patriots will be standing in good company.

I would be proud to meet my end standing against human garbage like the obama and his supporters.

hogship
08-06-2012, 05:45
I do not have the confidence that some of you have in our military, with regard to recognizing right from wrong anymore and their likelihood on unleashing the full might against US citizens.

From the OP article:

I doubt the number is anywhere near 75%..........if it exceeded 25%, I'd be surprised.

How about you in the military.......care to speculate about this?

ooc

Cavalry Doc
08-06-2012, 06:20
I doubt the number is anywhere near 75%..........if it exceeded 25%, I'd be surprised.

How about you in the military.......care to speculate about this?

ooc

There are heroes and zeros in every group, the military is included.

The guys way outside the norm seem to garner more attention than others. I'd be willing to bet this guy is catching a lot of heat at the moment.

CitizenOfDreams
08-06-2012, 06:56
Should "you" be worried?

Nah, nothing to worry about, the military will never turn their guns on the fellow citizens. That would be illegal, and the first thing they teach in the army is refusing to obey illegal orders.

According to some GlockTalk members, anyway.

CitizenOfDreams
08-06-2012, 06:59
More important question is, what percentage of compliant soldiers is required for an order to be carried out?

Mr Spock
08-06-2012, 07:12
More important question is, what percentage of compliant soldiers is required for an order to be carried out?

Is this calculation before, or after the Black Panthers (new, old, doesn't matter - it's the same damn group) or some of the more militant Occupy organizers are given official authority to keep "civil order" in the community? Maybe La Raza in the southwest, and CAIR in Detroit and other cities with large Islamic populations.

Remember all the talk about civil service organizations that would operate under official authority that Obama spoke about a few years ago and hasn't really said anything about since? Think he's forgotten? I don't.

walt cowan
08-06-2012, 09:54
hey, is that darwin coming?

Bren
08-06-2012, 16:45

From the OP article:

Wild claims like this leave a lot undefined - why is the president corrupt - who decided he was corrupt - who decided that the "insurrectionists" are the good guys?

I guarantee you that the skinhead who shot up the Sikh temple in Wisconsin today (just as today's example, there are plenty more) thought he was one of "the god guys" just like all sorts of left-wing communist groups would have called Ronald Reagan "corrupt." Just because you think you're "the good guys" and "the president is corrupt" doesn't make it so. The problem with your example is that it assumes a "corrupt" president and good guys being rounded up, as if that's clear to everybody. It would not be.

If the president said, "we want all people of ______ race rounded up and put in concentration camps," the order would never make it past a few generals in Washington. If he said we want "Occupy Wall Street" protestors rounded up, and had a good enough reason that the order made it all the way down to the soldiers, I would not expect much below 100% of troops to follow the order without an issue.