Putting a dog down [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Putting a dog down

phalanxr
08-05-2012, 17:26
I am going to pose a hypothetical scenario to you the forum in trying to gather information should this ever happen to me.

You're driving down the road and you hit an animal. More specifically a Dog. IF A) The dog is injured moderately, and you determine he can survive you take him to the Vet, but if B) You determine the animal is in immense pain and theres no coming back from it..

How do you properly put an animal, specifically a dog down? Obviously If i had my CCW itd be a hopefully quick shot to the skull, but if I only had a knife?

What im looking for here is an artery or point on the dog to finish it quickly.

Again, this is just in case there is no possible way to take the animal to the vet.

-Phalanx

wrenrj1
08-05-2012, 17:58
You better know what your jurisdictions' policy on discharging a firearm in city limits etc; or you may find yourself in a legal bind. Also, are you qualified to determined that the dog cannot be saved? Best to call LE to make that call.

AZL
08-05-2012, 18:29
You better know what your jurisdictions' policy on discharging a firearm in city limits etc; or you may find yourself in a legal bind. Also, are you qualified to determined that the dog cannot be saved? Best to call LE to make that call.

"Mr. Good Samaritan...where did YOU get your veterinary training that qualified you to diagnose the extent of injuries to the beloved fammily pet?" asks the plaintiffs attorney who is suing you for maliciously running down Fluffy, and then "executing" Fluffy with your tactical semiautomatic assault revolver.

Call 911 and let local LEO make the call. It sucks, but departmental guidelines are pretty clear in most jurisdictions...murky as hell for non LE.

GLOCK17DB9
08-05-2012, 18:44
agree with both posts. just hope you never find yourself in that situation!