This week in College Football...2012/2013 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : This week in College Football...2012/2013

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

jdavionic
08-05-2012, 18:57
Well, I think it's close enough to redo last year's thread. From start to finish, week after week, what's your assessment of your favorite team, predictions along the way, thoughts on the big games of the week, etc.

Rivalries are there, but let's keep it civil so we don't get the thread closed. We made it through an entire season last year without that happening, which was great.

jdavionic
08-05-2012, 19:01
My predictions...Gators will struggle again. Brantley is gone, finally. So there is hope. Driskel and Brissett are promising, but I don't expect a lot this year. I think they'll be lucky to break into the top 20.

As much as it pains me to say, Alabama and LSU will be the teams at the top...again.

Restless28
08-05-2012, 19:25
Alabama is the cream of the crop. As an Auburn fan, I am humble enough to say this. Alabama has a dynasty in the making. Nick Saban is the perfect fit for the Tide. I admire him immensely. As much as it pains me to say it, "Roll Tide".

Bring it on, PAC 10, ACC, and Big 12.

The Tide rules.

BearMBD
08-05-2012, 19:45
I can't wait for the season to begin. It's nice to see respectful posts in regards to rivalrys. Not all of Alabama fans are loudmouths ;) lol. Bring on Michigan. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLGatorFan
08-05-2012, 20:09
My predictions...Gators will struggle again. Brantley is gone, finally. So there is hope. Driskel and Brissett are promising, but I don't expect a lot this year. I think they'll be lucky to break into the top 20.

As much as it pains me to say, Alabama and LSU will be the teams at the top...again.

If the offensive line improves we should get at least nine wins. I never thought Brantley was the problem and I don't expect whoever wins the competition this year to be a problem. I think there's plenty of talent at the skill positions, and the defense should be excellent. Everything hinges on the OL.

Naelbis
08-05-2012, 20:23
I predict that VT will win 10 games or more, win the ACC and make it to a big name bowl. And then crap the bed on national TV....again.

rolltide_pisco
08-05-2012, 20:55
Alabama is the cream of the crop. As an Auburn fan, I am humble enough to say this. Alabama has a dynasty in the making. Nick Saban is the perfect fit for the Tide. I admire him immensely. As much as it pains me to say it, "Roll Tide".

The Tide rules.

I love the fact the media is giving all the praise to LSU and USCw. How they're gonna run the table and Bama won't beat LSU in Baton Rouge. 21-0 in New Orleans ring a bell.

Alabama has a young but deep defense. Might not have the physical linebackers but we got more speed to the ball imo. Offense is deep as well. Veteran offensive line, lots of receivers and 4-5 deep at tailback.

As far as Auburn, as much as I enjoy watching the Tigers get beat, it's gonna be almost unfair this year. They're gonna struggle imo. I'm only being realistic when I say AU could start the season 0-2.

Tennessee is still my biggest rival I love to beat but since Fulmer has been gone, it's lost alot of its intensity. Rivalry games are better when both teams are good.

certifiedfunds
08-05-2012, 21:12
LSU is cursed with a preseason #1. Likely the most talented team in the country and in LSU history. Gonna be sick on defense returning, what? 9?. Easier schedule than last year. Cake non-con schedule could play against them.

Bama-LSU rematch in January. I'm calling it.

certifiedfunds
08-05-2012, 21:14
I love the fact the media is giving all the praise to LSU and USCw. How they're gonna run the table and Bama won't beat LSU in Baton Rouge. 21-0 in New Orleans ring a bell.

Bama is playing the same LSU team.

Bama is good. As good as last year?

One thing is certain, the winner of the SEC west will win the BCS -- AGAIN

Hines57
08-05-2012, 22:49
Ohio State won't win a bowl game this year

jdavionic
08-06-2012, 03:15
If the offensive line improves we should get at least nine wins. I never thought Brantley was the problem and I don't expect whoever wins the competition this year to be a problem. I think there's plenty of talent at the skill positions, and the defense should be excellent. Everything hinges on the OL.

There's no doubt the OL was a problem last year. However Brantley's time in the pocket and one-dimensional game was just ridiculous. He could not keep the defense on their toes since he had zero mobility. Combine that with the time in the pocket, and I think most OLs would crumble.

Restless28
08-06-2012, 06:07
Bama is playing the same LSU team.

Bama is good. As good as last year?

One thing is certain, the winner of the SEC west will win the BCS -- AGAIN

I think they are as good. The depth of talent that Saban has there is most impressive.

My days of hating on the Tide are over. Nick Saban is the best college football coach of the best team (until proven otherwise) in college football.

On another note, I am very interested in Missouri and Texas A&M's first season in the SEC. I really like Missouri, and most folks forget that they could have easily played in the BCS title game just a few years ago. I would love to see a snowy game in their home stadium against an SEC opponent.

certifiedfunds
08-06-2012, 06:35
I think they are as good. The depth of talent that Saban has there is most impressive.

My days of hating on the Tide are over. Nick Saban is the best college football coach of the best team (until proven otherwise) in college football.

On another note, I am very interested in Missouri and Texas A&M's first season in the SEC. I really like Missouri, and most folks forget that they could have easily played in the BCS title game just a few years ago. I would love to see a snowy game in their home stadium against an SEC opponent.

Saban is the best coach in college football, agreed.

I only hope Alabama fans don't vandalize things or attempt to sodomize competitive fans, again this year.

jdavionic
08-11-2012, 08:52
LSU fans...concerned?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/08/10/lsu-tyrann-mathieu/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a0

Restless28
08-11-2012, 08:57
Alabama.

/end of thread.

jdavionic
08-11-2012, 10:03
Alabama.

/end of thread.

That's the good thing about this thread...we can go back in Jan 2013 and either confirm or ridicule :supergrin:

Dalton Wayne
08-11-2012, 10:43
Michigan State will beat Michigan

Sorry that's all I got

Restless28
08-11-2012, 11:26
LSU fans...concerned?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/08/10/lsu-tyrann-mathieu/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a0

Tyrann got exposed in the rematch against Alabama.

I hate to say it, but Roll Damn Tide.

certifiedfunds
08-11-2012, 11:36
LSU fans...concerned?

Concerned? No. The whole freakin team is loaded. Depth is off the charts.

The article talks about an uber stud athlete not being able to fill in as a freshman. Hell, honeybadger was only a sophmore last year.

But it sure would be nice if it hadn't happened.

certifiedfunds
08-11-2012, 11:38
Tyrann got exposed in the rematch against Alabama.

I hate to say it, but Roll Damn Tide.

No he didn't. That's like saying Trent Richardson got exposed in the first LSU Bama match with only 89 yards rushing.

Restless28
08-11-2012, 12:03
No he didn't. That's like saying Trent Richardson got exposed in the first LSU Bama match with only 89 yards rushing.

AJ McCarron threw over him multiple times. Go rematch that game. He got lit up by AJ!

jdavionic
08-19-2012, 17:00
USC atop Bama??? Seriously?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/08/18/preseason-ap-poll.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

Restless28
08-19-2012, 17:30
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/08/18/preseason-ap-poll.ap/index.html?sct=cf_t2_a3

The media is looking for a messiah to save them from SEC dominance. I say, screw them, and, despite being an Auburn fan, come and take it, USC and PAC-10 pretenders.

History shows the SEC is the Conference of Champions. Screw the ESPN and SI. Kiss the SEC's ass.

rolltide_pisco
08-19-2012, 18:27
I think LSU will have a great season again this year. To be honest about Honey Badger, the team won't drop off because he's gone to rehab. He wasn't even the best defensive back on the team. That nod goes to Morris Claiborne and Eric Reid. I think it's insulting to LSU that ESPN is jumping off the bandwagon because one AVERAGE player is gone.

Reuben Randle was a big loss offensively. Mettenberger, he's gonna have to prove it on the field.

I still Alabama is better than what people give them (I know we're #2 in the polls). Difference from 2010 will be is we played more young players this past season so we have more experience depth wise.

To me it's the SEC's to lose. The only way the SEC doesn't win the National Title is if we beat each other and knock each other out of the race. Conference is loaded.

jdavionic
08-27-2012, 17:56
AND...Here we go...
http://static.moviefanatic.com/images/gallery/here-we-go.png (http://www.moviefanatic.com/gallery/a-slow-clap/)

el_jewapo
08-27-2012, 18:01

Yeah, that's stupid. LSU and Alabama should be over USC.

SpoiledBySig
08-27-2012, 19:22
Southern Cal is number 1 and deserves to be number 1. Get over it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Matt-Barkley1.jpg

Restless28
08-27-2012, 19:30

Bravo Sierra. Deserves ain't got nothing to do with it. Media hate of the dominant conference, the SEC, is to blame.

I'm an Auburn fan, but the road to the title runs through Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa, or maybe, just maybe, Columbia, South Carolina.

The PAC 10 has been beaten down by SEC champions.

Get over it, the SEC is the BCS King.

To quote an Alabama fan friend of mine, "Come and take it."

el_jewapo
08-27-2012, 19:32

I predict this will be a well quoted quote later on in this thread. Offered up with a side of crow.

BamaTrooper
08-28-2012, 12:58
My brother called and said he wouldn't be watching the Bama UM game with me.

Seems he was given a ticket to the game:steamed: and couldn't swing me one.

PettyOfficer
08-28-2012, 13:16

I'm conflicted... I'm a Mich State alum, and I want both teams to lose :), but I'll be rooting for Bama!

BamaTrooper
08-28-2012, 13:21
I'm conflicted... I'm a Mich State alum, and I want both teams to lose :), but I'll be rooting for Bama!

Well, at least 'Bama doesn't beat you every year:tongueout:

Are you/were you USN? Navy will be here to play South Alabama in a few years as USA steps up to full D1 scheduling.

Hurricanes
08-28-2012, 14:21
I would love to expect great things from the University of Miami, but I'm not seeing even the ACC title game this year. We gained some good incoming freshmen, but lost quite a few veterans to the draft. While the ACC isn't the powerhouse the SEC is, it'll still be a challenge for us.

I'm just real excited to see football back! I can sit back and watch college football the entire day.
-Joel

Cinic
08-28-2012, 14:59
The PAC 10 has been beaten down by SEC champions.

It's the PAC 12 now. So we're at least two better than the old PAC 10...and still about 1/3 as good as the SEC.

frizz
08-28-2012, 15:12
Tennessee is still my biggest rival I love to beat but since Fulmer has been gone, it's lost alot of its intensity. Rivalry games are better when both teams are good.
What about rivalry games when one team is in the running for the national championship, the other team is 6-6, and there is an upset?

When the underdog gains a winning record while smashing their rivals shot at a national championship, you have an interesting game. Even better is when the score is close by 2 points, and it goes down to the last play of the game.

Those games are the best. Especially when your team is the winner!

frizz
08-28-2012, 15:15

I'm sure your bro is good people, but you want him to slip face first in dog doo-doo, dontcha?

Or at least slip in some mud.

certifiedfunds
08-28-2012, 15:22
Here's hoping bama fans don't kill landmark oak trees or sexually assault opposing fans this year.

BamaTrooper
08-28-2012, 15:28
I'm sure your bro is good people, but you want him to slip face first in dog doo-doo, dontcha?

Or at least slip in some mud.

Hell no. He is 36 and has stage IV colon cancer (although he is responding to chemo and the tumors are shrinking) so I wouldn't wish him a cold wind or humid night.

Otherwise, I would roll him and take the ticket. HOWEVER, when we do get tickets to one of the home games, I can get s few sideline passes for the pregame stuff so we will take him and my 10yoa nephew.:supergrin:

OH, Rolllllllllllll TIDE! ROLL!

BamaTrooper
08-28-2012, 15:34
Here's hoping bama fans don't kill landmark oak trees or sexually assault opposing fans this year.

He was drunk, he was asking for it.:supergrin:

Those trees, dropping acorns on cars, evil things. Seriously, Updyke is an UpD!ck.

rolltide_pisco
08-28-2012, 15:52
Those trees suffered for years being rolled with toilet paper. Updyke is a idiot who took it too far but hopefully they won't suffer being rolled by the barners anymore

Btw did I hear Pat "Wild Turkey" Dye say Cheesedip is running the program the right way?? I guess so if you call being kicked off the team, transfers, shootings and recruiting investigations the right way.

Restless28
08-28-2012, 16:03
I would like to personally apologize to all Texans for the infiltration of Bammers that will be there. I hate it for y'all.

Restless28
08-28-2012, 16:05

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe they will begin to accurately count their actual national championships this year. :whistling:

jdavionic
09-01-2012, 15:09
Wow, what a disappointing first half of Gators vs. Bowling Green. They really are unimpressive.

Restless28
09-01-2012, 15:29
Wolverines!!!

PettyOfficer
09-01-2012, 15:35
Michigan State will beat Michigan

Sorry that's all I got

5 in a row! Vamos Verde!!

PettyOfficer
09-01-2012, 15:41
Wolverines!!!

Just like the movie remake, the wolverines are gonna die on the field!

Why I hate Bama, not only for crushing us in '10, but because of Saban. Had he stayed we wouldn't have had to suffer through Williams and Smith before finally getting a great coach again.

But all that aside, tonight, with a rebel yell, I proclaim "ROLL TIDE"!

jdavionic
09-01-2012, 17:13
Driskel looks promising, but the Gators have a lot of work to do if they want to have a winning season.

napp32
09-01-2012, 19:00
I was hoping my Bama guys would be a little more consistent this year. They had four possessions in the first quarter against Michigan and only managed to score on three of them.

Hauptmann6
09-01-2012, 20:21
Why I hate Bama, not only for crushing us in '10, but because of Saban. Had he stayed we wouldn't have had to suffer through Williams and Smith before finally getting a great coach again.

I hate saban for what he did to Michigan State. The guy has no class.

jdavionic
09-01-2012, 20:29
Good game between Clemson and auburn

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JohnBT
09-01-2012, 20:32
"I'm an Auburn fan"

So sorry. Clemson was all over them.

Restless28
09-01-2012, 20:53
The best thing about Auburn is Van Gorder's mustache.

6th different QB in 6 years, new coordinators and a young QB, and the same old crap defense.

Chizik has failed at building a program at Auburn, which isn't a surprise since he failed at Iowa State. The Cam season was a fluke. Gus Malzahn knew it, and saw the writing on the wall after 2010.

I am losing confidence in the Auburn program.

xXGearheadXx
09-02-2012, 08:59
First of all, I'm stoked that it's college football time again. It was great seeing the Vols come away with a decent win in the GA Dome(I was there). I'm still only cautiously optimistic for a decent season. We KILLED a good cinci team last year and still couldn't get into the toilet bowl.

As much as i hate to say it, bama is the best again.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 10:23
As much as i hate to say it, bama is the best again.

Its a LONG season..........

jdavionic
09-02-2012, 10:34
Its a LONG season..........

Unfortunately for Gator fans, that is true. I will be surprised if the Gators beat Texas A&M next week. They better stick with one QB (Driskel) and work on developing an effective offense.

efman
09-02-2012, 10:48
Clemson wins the acc

Bama plays south Carolina in the sec championship.

Bama beats USC for the natty.

Restless28
09-02-2012, 12:01
Did some fact checking on Chizik.

Sans the Cam season, he's 21-30 and 7-9 in conference play. He's paid $3.5 million a year, and is 4-8 (IIRC) against LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas.

I feel sorry for Auburn fans who think it's great to be an Auburn Tiger by beating Ole Miss and Miss State and non conference opponents occasionally.

Unless Cam is cloned, Auburn may only win 4 games this year.

Restless28
09-02-2012, 12:04
Clemson wins the acc

Bama plays south Carolina in the sec championship.

Bama beats USC for the natty.

Georgia will come out of the East. South Carolina hasn't beaten Georgia twice in a row.

Whoever wins the Alabama Vs LSU game comes out of the West.

Don't sleep on Georgia. They led most of the SEC Championship Game against LSU. LSU had to come back to win.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 12:53
Georgia will come out of the East. South Carolina hasn't beaten Georgia twice in a row.

Whoever wins the Alabama Vs LSU game comes out of the West.

Don't sleep on Georgia. They led most of the SEC Championship Game against LSU. LSU had to come back to win.

Lsu was on the road, coming off of an undefeated season in the toughest schedule in the country and destined for the bcs championship win or lose vs Georgia. It's important to remember the perspective.

On top of that they had just played and won the biggest game of the college football season.

blackjack
09-02-2012, 14:18
Did some fact checking on Chizik.

Sans the Cam season, he's 21-30 and 7-9 in conference play. He's paid $3.5 million a year, and is 4-8 (IIRC) against LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas.

I feel sorry for Auburn fans who think it's great to be an Auburn Tiger by beating Ole Miss and Miss State and non conference opponents occasionally.

Unless Cam is cloned, Auburn may only win 4 games this year.

The Auburn fans that were chanting Chizik's ISU record in protest when he was hired have now been proven right. Eventually, the Board of Regents will catch up with them.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 16:16
The Auburn fans that were chanting Chizik's ISU record in protest when he was hired have now been proven right. Eventually, the Board of Regents will catch up with them.

Only boosters can fix it

Restless28
09-02-2012, 16:46
Only boosters can fix it

Auburn has a board of political appointees who are Pat Dye folks. I've been waiting for Auburn to make the turn for years. I don't see it happening.

Besides, who wants to come into the State when you have that kick ass program in Tuscaloosa?

Auburn has waited too long to make the changes. They are so far inferior to Alabama, that they will never catch up.

The ship has sailed on Auburn football.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 17:11
Auburn has a board of political appointees who are Pat Dye folks. I've been waiting for Auburn to make the turn for years. I don't see it happening.

Besides, who wants to come into the State when you have that kick ass program in Tuscaloosa?

Auburn has waited too long to make the changes. They are so far inferior to Alabama, that they will never catch up.

The ship has sailed on Auburn football.

All is not lost. Saban will jump to auburn for the right contract and renaming Jordan hair Nick Saban stadium.

Restless28
09-02-2012, 17:29
All is not lost. Saban will jump to auburn for the right contract and renaming Jordan hair Nick Saban stadium.

Saban will retire at Alabama. He's building a dynasty there.
I don't see anyone of his or Les's ability ever going to Auburn.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 17:31
Saban will retire at Alabama. He's building a dynasty there.
I don't see anyone of his or Les's ability ever going to Auburn.

With saban it is all about the ego. Feed the ego.

Les will be gone within 5 years to watch his son play ball.

Restless28
09-02-2012, 17:36
With saban it is all about the ego. Feed the ego.

Les will be gone within 5 years to watch his son play ball.

He's well fed and well paid.

Restless28
09-02-2012, 17:38
Paging Bobby Petrino, paging Bobby Petrino, you're forgiven.

Auburn needs you.

certifiedfunds
09-02-2012, 17:40
He's well fed and well paid.

I think nick might enjoy the notoriety of being known as the only coach to win national championships at every SEC school.

jdavionic
09-08-2012, 15:16
Unfortunately for Gator fans, that is true. I will be surprised if the Gators beat Texas A&M next week. They better stick with one QB (Driskel) and work on developing an effective offense.

Ugh...too predictable:faint:

Magnus2131
09-08-2012, 15:21
Kansas State University - Wabash Cannonball - YouTube

jdavionic
09-08-2012, 16:52
Kudos to Muschamp. He did a nice job turning the team around in the second half. Going to be a tough season, but good to see an offense that finally started to click.

Restless28
09-08-2012, 18:05
Fire up the jet, Bobby Lowder. Let's go get Petrino.

jdavionic
09-08-2012, 19:24
LSU games is pretty boring.

Reyn
09-08-2012, 19:42
I'm anxious to see how Bama does against Arkansas next week. LSU will be a close one either way. I will definitely be on the nicotine fix for nerves.

selogic
09-08-2012, 19:46
LSU games is pretty boring. LSU 34 Washington 3 End of the 3rd Quarter

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 19:48

Yup...

jdavionic
09-08-2012, 20:07
Yup...

UGA game is much better

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 20:26
LSU is obviously winning this game but they aren't playing very good football yet. Lots of mistakes.

That's not a terrible thing if they gel by the time they get into conference play.

Hines57
09-08-2012, 20:27

How many schools for blind, unwed teenage mothers are they going to play before they play a real team?

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 20:29
UGA game is much better

Oh damn! Go head Mizzou!

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 20:30
How many schools for blind, unwed teenage mothers are they going to play before they play a real team?

7 to 8

Restless28
09-08-2012, 20:38
Mizzou is hanging in there. Pretty entertaining game.

Y'all should see the Al.com sports section. Kevin Scarbinski laid the smack down on Chizik.

Did you know that every Chizik loss at Auburn has been without Cam? That's ugly.

The talk of "wheels up" on the jet is hot. One hypothesis that is building steam is that Petrino will lay low all season, and be given the chance for redemption at Auburn.

I might buy that if the AD Jacobs and Pat Dye are shown the door.

Oh well, I'll root for LSU, I suppose.

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 20:50
Fake an punt on 4th and 11 on your own grass Mizzou?

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 20:51
Arkansas has their hands full! Go UL Monroe!

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 21:02
UL Monroe!!

Restless28
09-08-2012, 21:06
ULM will destroy Auburn.

Pat Dye better have another drink.

Fire up the jet boys!

el_jewapo
09-08-2012, 21:09
UL Monroe!!

:soap:

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 21:16
UGA pulled it out.....dammit

Restless28
09-08-2012, 21:22
UGA pulled it out.....dammit

Ditto. IIRC, didn't Georgia stomp on the Florida field a few years ago and then get stomped?

I still get a chuckle of the night that Georgia went all black for Bama. Bama destroyed them.

I never can root for Georgia.

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 21:26
Ditto. IIRC, didn't Georgia stomp on the Florida field a few years ago and then get stomped?

I still get a chuckle of the night that Georgia went all black for Bama. Bama destroyed them.

I never can root for Georgia.

That, plus imagine being Mizzou and moving into your first season of SEC conference play. Gotta root for the underdog.

Restless28
09-08-2012, 21:29
Yep CF. I was hoping A&M would have won today too. Mizzou and A&M will improve in the conference.

Auburn will not.

HarlDane
09-08-2012, 22:10
PAC-12 looking pretty tough this week. Well except WA, UT & CO.

Hopefully the Buffaloes look just as bad next week when the come to Bulldog Stadium.

21/4life
09-08-2012, 23:22

The Tide rules.

Its the PAC 12 USC will show who they are this year!

certifiedfunds
09-08-2012, 23:24
Its the PAC 12 USC will show who they are this year!

They do that every year

Restless28
09-09-2012, 05:43
"Mr. Lowder, your plane is fueled and ready for your trip to see Bobby Petrino. The BOT members will be here in a few minutes. The in-flight movie is Apocalypse Now. The pork rinds, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Moon Pies are ready when you are."

SpoiledBySig
09-09-2012, 07:40
UL Monroe!!

This is really NOT GOOD for Arkansas. ULM is a mediocre school in the Sun Belt Conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/37/year/2011/sun-belt-conference

Western Kentucky was like the 2nd best team in the Sun Belt Conference last year and even though Alabama beat them, 'Bama had a tougher time with the Hill Toppers than they did against Michigan.

The Big Ten Conference is totally crumbling (Wisconsin and Nebraska this week, Michigan's dismal loss last week). It's already time to put a fork in the Big Ten.

ACC's out to a good start....but they have been known to fizzle quickly. It's looking like the PAC 12 may be the only other conference that'll give the SEC a run for their money (and really only 2 teams in that PAC 12- Oregon and Southern Cal).

Restless28
09-09-2012, 07:50
This is really NOT GOOD for Arkansas. ULM is a mediocre school in the Sun Belt Conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/37/year/2011/sun-belt-conference

Western Kentucky was like the 2nd best team in the Sun Belt Conference last year and even though Alabama beat them, 'Bama had a tougher time with the Hill Toppers than they did against Michigan.

The Big Ten Conference is totally crumbling (Wisconsin and Nebraska this week, Michigan's dismal loss last week). It's already time to put a fork in the Big Ten.

ACC's out to a good start....but they have been known to fizzle quickly. It's looking like the PAC 12 may be the only other conference that'll give the SEC a run for their money (and really only 2 teams in that PAC 12- Oregon and Southern Cal).

Just wait until the 4 team playoff begins. That is built for SEC dominance. Can you imagine a team from the ACC or PAC 12 having to beat Alabama and LSU?

Restless28
09-09-2012, 08:03
Down goes Okie State. Wow.

certifiedfunds
09-09-2012, 08:22
Just wait until the 4 team playoff begins. That is built for SEC dominance. Can you imagine a team from the ACC or PAC 12 having to beat Alabama and LSU?

I'm chuckling because they know not what they've asked for.

SpoiledBySig
09-09-2012, 08:38

You've got to be joking if you really believe that. Dude, in the 1980's and most of the 1990's I was an FSU fan, living in Miami territory (Miami was my 2nd favorite school). My total thoughts were that Miami and or Florida State would always be toughest teams in the land. LSU was a terrible joke in the 1980's and 1990's.

A playoff system would be best for ALL teams in all divisions. When Florida beat Oklahoma in 2008 for the National Championship...for a minute I thought nobody was better than Florida...until I watched the Sugar Bowl highlights and saw how Utah totally trashed Alabama...much worse that Florida ever could. Utah, with out a doubt was the best college team of 2008 and a playoff system would have proved that.

Restless28
09-09-2012, 09:00
How many ACC or PAC 12 or Big 10 or Big 12 teams have won the BCS title?

rolltide_pisco
09-09-2012, 09:28
West Kentucky played tough defense. We didn't come in with any intensity at all. I was looking forward to another top 10 matchup this coming weekend but Arky threw that one out the window. No Tyler Wilson means we'll beat them by like 30 points.

The game that made me happy was Oklahoma State letting Arizona hang 59 points on them. The so called team who said they would score 30-40 points on LSU or BAMA last year just got beat by Rich Rodriguez. :rofl:

airmotive
09-09-2012, 09:30
Could hardly sleep last night after watching that Tulaine kid break his neck.
No words...

Restless28
09-09-2012, 10:10
Could hardly sleep last night after watching that Tulaine kid break his neck.
No words...

Yeah, I hope he comes out of it ok. On a side note, the respect that Tulsa showed after the injury was beyond impressive. The Tulsa Chaplain lead the stadium in prayer for the young man.

I have new respect for Tulsa.

SpoiledBySig
09-09-2012, 10:22
How many ACC or PAC 12 or Big 10 or Big 12 teams have won the BCS title?

C'mon man...you know that question itself is a joke. The BCS just insured #1 played #2, but in 2003, we had a split championship (Southern Cal and LSU...Southern Cal was the better of the 2).

In 2002? Ohio State vs. Miami? Ohio State was given the benefit of a very bad call and was handed a championship.

Ohio State-Miami: The "Pass Interference" Call - YouTube

Alabama won the 2009 BCS Championship against Texas...but let's be real, Colt McCoy had a freak injury and Alabama seemed to have a tough time beating a depleted Texas team (wonder what would have happened if McCoy didn't have the freak injury?).

LSU won the BCS 2007 National Championship with having not 1, but 2 OT losses? Was everybody that lousy in 2007?

Auburn beat Oregon in the BCS 2010 Championship, but if you saw the same game that I did (and I think you did), until the very end...it was anybody's game.

I can name you numerous other situations and you can name them too.

The BCS is and will always be a joke until we get playoffs. The BCS currently picks #1 vs #2 to play each other...but really? What or who picked those teams to be ranked #1 or #2? Rankings are bullcrap and everybody knows it. Last year, at one time, LSU, Alabama and Arkansas were ranked #1, #2, and #3? C'mon, you knew ranking Arkansas at #3 was a total joke and 1 week of that crap proved it.

Playoffs will make everything right...and yet there will still be major upsets...that's the way the ball bounces. But to believe the SEC will dominate forever?...I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you (maybe 2). :cool:

Restless28
09-09-2012, 10:40
Arkansas goes from #8 to unranked.

New AP Poll.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/

jdavionic
09-15-2012, 16:08
Not many surprises yet...except VT losing.

Reyn
09-15-2012, 17:42
Alabama and Arkansas was close....:shocked:

jdavionic
09-15-2012, 18:09
Alabama and Arkansas was close....:shocked:

Close to what?

Restless28
09-15-2012, 18:53
Close to what?

Annihilation of Little Rock?

Ragnar
09-15-2012, 19:20
Close to what?

close to 60-0. Missed by just a little.:rofl:

jdavionic
09-15-2012, 19:35
Gators are continuing to get better.

Naelbis
09-15-2012, 19:40
Not many surprises yet...except VT losing.
That was brutal...and no excuse for it. As a Hokie fan I am tired of seeing us lose to some crappy team every season. It is like the coaches didn't even try to prepare...

SpoiledBySig
09-15-2012, 19:59
Gators are continuing to get better.

They are indeed getting better. After watching them last season, I didn't think they could ever beat Tennessee, Georgia or South Carolina. But, that QB is getting better and better and I'm thinking they'll win the SEC East outright.

Long time to go before we see that...but I was honestly impressed with them in the 2nd half (and it was an away game playing the Vols).

Restless28
09-15-2012, 21:23

Stanford. 4 in a row. USCs title hopes are done before the middle of September.

Thank God for the quote system.

Restless28
09-15-2012, 21:31
I predict this will be a well quoted quote later on in this thread. Offered up with a side of crow.

Psychic.:supergrin:

certifiedfunds
09-15-2012, 21:48

I went back and dug this up just for :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

certifiedfunds
09-15-2012, 21:51

One more time just in case I screwed up the first one

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I suppose a playoff system would fix this

jdavionic
09-15-2012, 22:17

Damn, you guys are faster than me...but what the heck...one more time:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rolltide_pisco
09-15-2012, 23:42
Best quote of the day today: Auburn's jet is off the tarmac and safely back in the hangar. I don't know if LA Monroe is that good or Auburn is that damn bad. Cue the popcorn next Saturday when LSU comes to the plains.

As far as USC, I knew they were overrated. Anybody besides the SEC is gonna be ESPN's favorite. They have nothin but phony experts. Fox Sports and CBS has better analysts anyway.

Tennessee= Florida's b**** since 2005. Same ol' song and dance.

Did anyone see Tyler Wilson's press conference basically saying Arkansas quit against Alabama? In a way they did.

HarlDane
09-16-2012, 00:03
Just got home from watching my Bulldogs hang 69 on a really bad Colorado team. Had a killer tailgate, saw the schools all time career rushing record get broken for the first time in 19 years (and a few other single game records go down) and got a nice preview of the 2014 squad in the second half.

The Pac 12 has to be kicking themselves for watering down the conference with Colorado and Utah. They already had perennial punching bags in Washington State and the Arizona Schools, now they have a few more easy W's every year.

SpoiledBySig
09-16-2012, 00:40
Stanford. 4 in a row. USCs title hopes are done before the middle of September.

Thank God for the quote system.

Yeah...you're so smart. Look at my FSU avatar that I have had since 1999 here at GT. I could care less about Southern Cal as you could. Why would I post a photo of Matt Barkley leading the USC band if I was serious.

Yeah...you sure showed me. :tongueout: :rofl:

Restless28
09-16-2012, 07:47
Yeah...you're so smart. Look at my FSU avatar that I have had since 1999 here at GT. I could care less about Southern Cal as you could. Why would I post a photo of Matt Barkley leading the USC band if I was serious.

Yeah...you sure showed me. :tongueout: :rofl:

So, it's sarcastic now that you got called on it?

I guess my sarcasm detector was broken when you posted that.:whistling:

certifiedfunds
09-16-2012, 07:49
So, it's sarcastic now that you got called on it?

I guess my sarcasm detector was broken when you posted that.:whistling:

:rofl:

only took what? 2 weeks? :rofl:

jdavionic
09-16-2012, 11:41

only took what? 2 weeks? :rofl:

Yep...he needs to just chalk it up to an "oops, missed that one" and move on. No big deal. That's part of the fun in making early predictions. You get to see how well you did at the end. Of course in his case, he didn't have to wait that long :supergrin:

zukyota
09-16-2012, 15:48
Roll Tide !!!

Restless28
09-16-2012, 16:10
Has anyone else noticed that Talkin' Football has a case of the major suck since they tell replaced Mark Schlabach with Houston Nutt?

That show used to be great.

rolltide_pisco
09-16-2012, 18:11
Has anyone else noticed that Talkin' Football has a case of the major suck since they tell replaced Mark Schlabach with Houston Nutt?

Really? My cable company dropped CSS last November so I don't get to watch anymore.

el_jewapo
09-16-2012, 18:54

Houston Nutt stinks up every place he goes. When he got fired from Arkansas and Ole Miss picked him up, I remember watching the news and seeing Ole Miss fans cheering like they won the lottery. I laughed, and it didn't take them long to stop cheering for Nutt.

I think he's the only man in the world that could have stopped Arkansas from winning the national title when we had Darren Mcfadden, Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones in the backfield with Gus Malzon (supposed to be) calling the plays. Don't talk to me about Houston Nutt!

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 11:29
Wow...Bowling Green was more competitive than UK against the Gators. Kentucky needs their Dough Boy back.:supergrin:

Restless28
09-22-2012, 11:31
I'm thinking upset in Jordan-Hare tonight. The home team in that series has a great record.

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 11:37
I'm thinking upset in Jordan-Hare tonight. The home team in that series has a great record.

I'm just not seeing that as a possibility.

Naelbis
09-22-2012, 11:43
Well the first quarter was looking like a repeat of last week for VT, but they turned it around in the second. Looks like we will win this one handily.

Restless28
09-22-2012, 11:54
I'm just not seeing that as a possibility.

Auburn has performed well in underdog situations many times. Remember when they beat Tebow's Gators and no one gave them a chance, especially that d-bag Lou Holtz.

There's magic in Jordan-Hare.

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 11:59

Uh, no.

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 12:00
Auburn has performed well in underdog situations many times. Remember when they beat Tebow's Gators and no one gave them a chance, especially that d-bag Lou Holtz.

There's magic in Jordan-Hare.

Magic isn't enough for the pounding they will receive tonight on both sides of the ball.

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 12:20
The school I work at has to play Alabama today (got killed by Georgia last week).

Easy win for the Tide, but a big pay out to the visiting school (over a million, just like last week...it's worth it).

Fwdftw
09-22-2012, 12:23
Praying to the gods Arkansas beats Rutgers...sigh we need a new coaching staff.

Bring bobby back !!!!

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 12:29
Just got a small portion video of Kentucky playing Florida today-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/imagesgood-2dalligator.gif

el_jewapo
09-22-2012, 12:59

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/imagesgood-2dalligator.gif

I don't get the risk/reward angle of doing that. If you pull your fingers out, you just look like an idiot. If you get bit like this, you look like an idiot with messed up fingers.

Oh, and Go Hogs! To not derail the thread and show I'm not a fair weather fan.

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 13:09
My team plays Clemson tonight at 8PM. Worried to death... Clemson can be very good or very awful. I hope tonight they're very awful!

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 13:35
My team plays Clemson tonight at 8PM. Worried to death... Clemson can be very good or very awful. I hope tonight they're very awful!

I always wish the best for the Noles.....until the last game of the regular season. It makes me smile more if we can ruin a perfect Nile season on their last game.

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 13:38

Does he know that in about 1/4 second that gator can have him by the leg?

RedTop
09-22-2012, 13:49
Georgia Tech can't seem to catch a break. I f'n hate Miami.

RedTop
09-22-2012, 13:52

I think the Noles are going to tan Clemson's hide this year but you never know. It's the first real test for them.

I always wish the best for the Noles.....until the last game of the regular season. It makes me smile more if we can ruin a perfect Nile season on their last game.

The feeling is mutual. :supergrin:

<=== Nole Fan

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 13:54

I don't rightly know now...but, at the beginning of the season I would've predicted UF couldn't stand a chance against FSU, but Florida's looking better and better every day.
:dunno:

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 14:51
I don't rightly know now...but, at the beginning of the season I would've predicted UF couldn't stand a chance against FSU, but Florida's looking better and better every day.
:dunno:

I went to UF and my BIL went to FSU. Always makes for an interesting game day :supergrin:

It never seems to matter how each school performed throughout the season. The game between them is always a coin toss...very competitive match up.

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 16:01
South Carolina looks good against Mizzou

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 16:03
Hey, Harvard is playing Brown today....anyone care?

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 17:25
Safety!

Way to capitalize on the fumble AU

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 18:29
:wow:Auburn 10 LSU 9...

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 18:30
Auburn is playing over their head.

LSU is flat.

Lot of football left. The adrenaline won't last.

Restless28
09-22-2012, 18:30
Corn dogs. Where's the mustard?

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 18:31
Corn dogs. Where's the mustard?

Ok, I have to admit I'm not getting the corn dog joke?

Restless28
09-22-2012, 18:32
Google Trackemtigers to read the legend of the corn dogs.

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 18:33
Restless - you up in the Auburn area?

I was up there once and they sell this stuff called white dirt in the convenience stores. Apparently it is white and it is dirt and its sold as a snack.

WTF?

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 18:37
Google Trackemtigers to read the legend of the corn dogs.

I read it. Its kind of funny but I don't get it.

jdavionic
09-22-2012, 19:32
Interesting evening -

good teams in some heated battles - LSU, FSU, Oklahoma

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 19:38
This is the sloppiest football game I can remember in quite a while. Good Lord. Turnovers, penalties. What else can they screw up?

Reyn
09-22-2012, 19:42
Somebody slipped some meth in their Gatorade.

Fwdftw
09-22-2012, 20:11
And looks like another L for Arkansas gonna be a long season.

Restless28
09-22-2012, 20:29
Congrats corn dogs. Good game. Good luck.

certifiedfunds
09-22-2012, 20:29
Auburn played a good game. LSU blew chunks and is lucky to get out alive.

el_jewapo
09-22-2012, 21:12
I really hope this September doesn't knock Arkansas completely back to the dark ages. I hope they can get a good coach for next year that will get some good recruits rolling in and get us going again.

Hines57
09-22-2012, 21:14
Buckeyes beat Alabama!

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 22:03
FSU played a very sloppy game...but got their act together late in the 3rd quarter and never looked back. That Clemson team was dangerous and Tajh Boyd is a talented quarterback.

FSU still has to play at Miami and VT...then their last game against a steadily improving Florida.

I'm glad (relieved) that FSU won but I'm not too sure they deserve a # 4 ranking in the polls.

I think they'll stay at #4, but if Oregon beats Arizona soundly, LSU will go down to # 3.

So far it looks like Oregon will be playing Alabama for the National Championship...but the season has such a long way to go. Crazy day!

RedTop
09-22-2012, 22:03
Florida State finally woke up. :phew:

SpoiledBySig
09-22-2012, 22:16
Florida State finally woke up. :phew:

Looks that way. But we'll have to see the rest of the season. FSU can't be trusted and they could easily lose to a team like Miami or even South Florida.

I just don't think FSU could beat Alabama, Oregon, LSU and maybe a few other teams at this point. But I do BELIEVE they could beat Notre Dame or any team in the Big Ten.

A team that I think is very under-rated is West Virginia...West Virginia may be the best team that we all don't rightly know about! :cool:

rolltide_pisco
09-22-2012, 23:26
Restless, I wanna say that I read on ESPN.com that an AU student assistant died before the game. Thoughts and prayers to that kids family and to the Auburn football program.

rolltide_pisco
09-22-2012, 23:36
I can't believe we're posting today and no one has mentioned CHOKELAHOMA!!! You know, that team who's been expected to win the National Title last 8 years in a row? I hope ESPN will jump off that bandwagon. Probably not.

FSU...the verdict is still out for me. Get up and play every week and finish the season. ACC teams are notorious for losing a game they're supposed to win.

Auburn...their backs were against the wall to salvage the season. LSU might have broke it.

LSU...I'll just say they might have look past AU. Defense is solid though.

Arkansas...how many more hours does John L Smith have left??

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the upcoming media drooling over FSU and Notre Dame. I'm sure ND will move up into the top 5, receive 5-6 1st place votes. Projected that they'll kick Alabama's ass for the National title blah blah blah. After all Alabama did give up a touchdown to FAU today. :whistling:

Restless28
09-23-2012, 06:35
Good assessment of Auburn. Turnovers and poor QB play resulted in what appears to be a demoralizing loss, especially for the defense. That's the best defense I've seen them play in a long time.

The team has an off week now, so it will give them time to regroup. They might as well bench Frazier and groom Wallace. The Frazier kid has the Kodi Burns affliction. It's not gonna be fixed and it may cost Chizik his job this year.

It's also maddening to think that Chizik ran Barrett Trotter off after last season. This young team needed a veteran QB.

I still think Chizik is in over his head, and the Auburn plane is gassed up and has a chart plotted to Arkanasas. It's time to bring Petrino back to the Plains.

selogic
09-23-2012, 09:01
Auburn damn near pulled off a big upset . I commend them . They finally played up to their potential .

SpoiledBySig
09-23-2012, 09:53
I can't believe we're posting today and no one has mentioned CHOKELAHOMA!!! You know, that team who's been expected to win the National Title last 8 years in a row? I hope ESPN will jump off that bandwagon. Probably not.

I forgot to mention Kansas State and their QB Klein (Tim Tebow the 2nd) going into Norman, OK and beating the Sooners also.

It's very tough to beat Oklahoma on their own home turf and K-State did so. It seems like ESPN does indeed picks them (Oklahoma) as the elite and ultimate team to win it all at the beginning of every year. I honestly thought Oklahoma with a totally seasoned Landry Jones at QB would be nearly impossible to beat....but there ya go!

Yes...Notre Dame will definitely be touted by the media, but in truth I don't really know if Notre Dame is good, or if Michigan was so lousy. I do know that Alabama had a much, much easier time in handling and defeating Michigan than Notre Dame did (at home in the Golden Dome).

Don't trust FSU's high (or higher) rankings...They're not quite there...yet...at least not this year. This ain't the same dominating FSU team of the 1990's.

Hines57
09-23-2012, 14:15
Oregon sure looked impressive over AZ

Bow Commander
09-23-2012, 22:57
Oregon sure looked impressive over AZ

Our defense royally saved our ass. Way too many penalties and dropped balls by our offense, but overall a solid performance. Another great day in Autzen.

jdavionic
09-29-2012, 18:42
WTH?! SC is losing to Kentucky:wow:

rolltide_pisco
09-30-2012, 00:19
Was their any defense played today?

I wonder how it feels to throw for 8 touchdowns and 656 yards and win by 7 points? I know som like that stuff but c'mon man.

Ohio State-Michigan State was more competitive and fun to watch.

Fwdftw
09-30-2012, 15:59
Once again...Arkansas cmon Jeff Long, you need to go and so does John L Smith.

Naelbis
09-30-2012, 16:15
VT is going to lose their 10 win streak this year. We will be lucky if we make a bowl game considering who we have left to play....

FM12
09-30-2012, 16:31
Bama. Period.Amen. In for the (national championship) win.

Fwdftw
09-30-2012, 19:29
Who do you think Bama will play ?

SpoiledBySig
09-30-2012, 20:55
Who do you think Bama will play ?

Right now...it's looking like Oregon...but that may change.

Heck, I don't really know if Alabama will make it to the final dance, I mean, who have they played? Michigan?...Michigan was a joke. Ole Miss was a bad joke. Alabama will be tested later on this season. :dunno:

certifiedfunds
09-30-2012, 21:07
Right now...it's looking like Oregon...but that may change.

Heck, I don't really know if Alabama will make it to the final dance, I mean, who have they played? Michigan?...Michigan was a joke. Ole Miss was a bad joke. Alabama will be tested later on this season. :dunno:

Oregon? Who have they played? The polls like easy touchdowns against garbage teams though so who knows.

Its a long season and crazy **** happens along the way every year.

el_jewapo
09-30-2012, 21:30
Once again...Arkansas cmon Jeff Long, you need to go and so does John L Smith.

Firing Smith won't change anything this season. They need to do it anyway, for the fans. Just like killing Osama Bin Laden. Everyone knew it wouldn't change a thing about terrorism. It had to be done for the people. He just needs to be booted as a goodwill gesture to the fans.

jdavionic
10-05-2012, 19:45
Alright certifiedfunds...you ready for entertainment tomorrow?

Hines57
10-06-2012, 12:07
Should be some great games today. WV and Texas will be interesting. I think S. Carolina takes GA.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 13:12
Alright certifiedfunds...you ready for entertainment tomorrow?

19 minutes to start. I am very, very concerned. I'm hoping the tigers get their act together. If not it will be a long afternoon.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 14:34
Good play on both sides so far. Gators are dominating the fleld position game for sure. LSU's defense came to play.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 14:40
Good play on both sides so far. Gators are dominating the fleld position game for sure. LSU's defense came to play.

Agreed. LSU looks a little stronger. However Gators tend to play stronger in the second half.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 14:52
Agreed. LSU looks a little stronger. However Gators tend to play stronger in the second half.

Really bad turnover there for the gators. Unfortunately I don't see LSU capitalizing on it.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 15:02
Really bad turnover there for the gators. Unfortunately I don't see LSU capitalizing on it.

Young qb mistakes...he will learn. Hopefully real soon.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:03
Young qb mistakes...he will learn. Hopefully real soon.

Driskel's not seen a defensive front like this before.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:10
Just pathetic. A turnover like that and can't punch it in.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 15:13
I'm actually pleased. Sloppy with giving up the ball, but they are still in this. And they usually play a much better 2nd half

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:15
I'm actually pleased. Sloppy with giving up the ball, but they are still in this. And they usually play a much better 2nd half

Good game :cool:

As always half time adjustments will tell the tale.

If the tigers offense doesn't start producing the LSU D is going to show fatigue.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:58
Anyone have a link to a good website demonstrating how to tie a noose?

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 15:58
:pepper: Looking better! Gillislee is really doing well. Some good play calling too.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 15:59
:pepper: Looking better! Gillislee is really doing well. Some good play calling too.

yup..

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:00
Anyone have a link to a good website demonstrating how to tie a noose?

Here ya' go
http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/a/a5/HANG.png (http://www.wikihow.com/Image:HANG.png)

But it ain't over. I think this one will be a heck of a close game.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 16:01
Here ya' go
http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/a/a5/HANG.png (http://www.wikihow.com/Image:HANG.png)

But it ain't over. I think this one will be a heck of a close game.

Thanks. I knew I could count on gator fans for something.

I dunno man. LSU's got a lot of injuries and its showing.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:04
Thanks. I knew I could count on gator fans for something.

I dunno man. LSU's got a lot of injuries and its showing.

Like I said...ain't done yet. 56 yds for their first 3rd down conversion.....but is it?

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 16:06
Officials blew the play dead. How can you award a fumble recovery?

That was definitely a fumble tho

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:06
Never mind.:whistling:

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:18
The South Carolina vs. UGA game should be a good one. Living in GA, I'd like to see the dawgs lose. The hatred of Spurrier is just so strong here, it's fun to watch them deal with that one.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 16:22
I'm afraid this one is over JD.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:25

I'm not ready to stick a fork in it yet, but it's starting to smell good. LSU is struggling to control the offensive line. And the Gator defense has LSU with 0/9 on 3rd down conversions. A lot of momentum for LSU to overcome.

Hines57
10-06-2012, 16:40
Is this warm up game over yet? Ready to see some teams that score, like West Virginia.

:whistling:

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 16:43
Is this warm up game over yet? Ready to see some teams that score, like West Virginia.

Nah...much better SEC battle tonight:supergrin:

Hines57
10-06-2012, 16:53
Well, as a born and raised tOSU Buckeye, it's hard to decide who to root against.

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 17:03

Not this year, my friend. Good game though.

Go Gators!

Shinytop
10-06-2012, 17:04
After the Auburn game it was obvious LSU would lose several this year. That's one.

michael e
10-06-2012, 17:05
Few upsets already but now time for thee real football to start. UT

Magnus2131
10-06-2012, 17:44
How about those Wildcats?

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 18:03
Not this year, my friend. Good game though.

Go Gators!

Congrats to the gators

jdavionic
10-06-2012, 18:05
Congrats to the gators

Thanks!

Man, I really didn't expect UGA to suck so bad. It's not even worth watching that one.

Restless28
10-06-2012, 18:09
Fire up the jet. Buy the Harley, and hire security.

Pay Bobby to come home.

selogic
10-06-2012, 18:12
After the Auburn game it was obvious LSU would lose several this year. That's one.

LSU will lose a minimum of 3 games . They are not a top 5 team . I'm an LSU fan , but I'm also a realist .

RedTop
10-06-2012, 20:58
Even if Flordia State manages to pull out a win tonight, they still don't belong in the top ten.

SpoiledBySig
10-06-2012, 21:06
Even if Flordia State manages to pull out a win tonight, they still don't belong in the top ten.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/evilon/Spoiled%202/ist2_1535790-i-agree.jpg

I think Kansas State and maybe even Notre Dame and definitely South Carolina should be ranked above Florida State.

Altaris
How about my Aggies. 6 turnovers and we still won. We need to clean that garbage up quick before we play some real teams.

Grabbrass
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JvhQGhN9mRc/TH_Z8yKRtoI/AAAAAAAAAFY/UDvbkvLRDx4/S250/WVU.jpg

I think WVU erased any doubt tonight as to whether they can hang in the Big 12. This year, anyway.

RedTop
10-06-2012, 21:08
I think Kansas State and maybe even Notre Dame and definitely South Carolina should be ranked above Florida State.

South Carolina for sure... They took UGA to the woodshed.

SpoiledBySig
10-06-2012, 21:39
Guess what? FSU is about to lose.

NC State didn't beat FSU... Head Coach Jimbo Fisher beat FSU.

I never saw a Head Coach make such lousy decisions and such poor use of timeouts.

RedTop
10-06-2012, 21:41
Well... My only hope now is for the Gators to win out their season until 11/24, only to have FSU ruin it for them. :rofl:

Indianashooter
10-06-2012, 21:43
Just finished watching the Notre Dame game! 5-0 baby! Looks like their be moving up in the polls once again!

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 21:47
LSU will lose a minimum of 3 games . They are not a top 5 team . I'm an LSU fan , but I'm also a realist .

Agreed. They may not even be a top 10 team. They may well lose to SC, Bama and Miss State.

Some real issues. Offense is non-existent. O-line looks terrible.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 21:49
Barring the unforeseen, bizarre things that can happen in college football, the national championship will be played in Atlanta between Bama and South Carolina. Glad to see the ole ball coach back on top.

If that game were played today I think SC has the edge.

Fwdftw
10-06-2012, 22:01
Hot damn woo pig sooie ! Maybe ill have a good time in fayetville next weekend

Bow Commander
10-06-2012, 22:01
Oregon? Who have they played? The polls like easy touchdowns against garbage teams though so who knows.

Its a long season and crazy **** happens along the way every year.

6 of 12 teams are in the top 25. "Our" defense is outstanding and our offense is clicking well. I don't suspect a loss, USC may give us fits playing in their house though. We'll see. We definitely wouldn't get to the BCS championship as a one loss team.

boomhower
10-06-2012, 22:12
I didn't think Florida State was going to make it. I would like to see SC run the table but I am curious to see how far WV is going to go, they look really good today. If it's not an all SEC title game I think WV is going to be there. Oregon will self implode at some point. Ohio State is also playing a lot better than I thought they would this year.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 22:16
6 of 12 teams are in the top 25. "Our" defense is outstanding and our offense is clicking well. I don't suspect a loss, USC may give us fits playing in their house though. We'll see. We definitely wouldn't get to the BCS championship as a one loss team.

They're in the bottom of the top 25 and lets face it, they've beaten nobody's who probably won't be there at season's end. And USC is a good football team.

Oregon's defense is 34th in points against vs a pudding schedule. They've given up 99pts in the first 5 games. That isn't outstanding defense by any measure.

SC just destroyed #5, will destroy LSU next week and will likely beat a top 10 Florida with authority. And they're 7th in points against.

If SC runs the table in the East and Bama runs the table in the west with a tight game in the SEC championship, they make a strong argument to leapfrog Oregon and have another SEC rematch in the BCS game.

domin8ss
10-06-2012, 22:23
I can't wait for the season to begin. It's nice to see respectful posts in regards to rivalrys. Not all of Alabama fans are loudmouths ;) lol. Bring on Michigan. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Saban could learn a few things from those fans. He better not stop by in Utah. His fate is worse than anything LSU would do to him. Yeah, Utah won, but that didn't change what he said.

In case nobody can tell, I'm a Utah Utes fan. I've been one since before Urban Meyer became a household name, which started at Utah. I'm there for the wins and the losses. Speaking of losses, this season might be one of those rare times we don't go to a bowl game. First QB is out for the rest of his life. Second QB sucks. 3rd QB has talent and size, but he's a freshman. 3rd OC in as many years. 3rd offensive scheme in as many years. As long as we show improvement next year I'll be happy.

As for Thursday night's loss to USC, the Utes deserve to lose that game. Too many damn mistakes and penalties. You'll never win playing undisciplined football. That game was USCs to lose too. They also had way to many penalties.

domin8ss
10-06-2012, 22:25
They're in the bottom of the top 25 and lets face it, they've beaten nobody's who probably won't be there at season's end. And USC is a good football team.

Oregon's defense is 34th in points against vs a pudding schedule. They've given up 99pts in the first 5 games. That isn't outstanding defense by any measure.

SC just destroyed #5, will destroy LSU next week and will likely beat a top 10 Florida with authority. And they're 7th in points against.

If SC runs the table in the East and Bama runs the table in the west with a tight game in the SEC championship, they make a strong argument to leapfrog Oregon and have another SEC rematch in the BCS game.

...thus providing another quality example of why a playoff system is needed. Too much speculation and what ifs.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 22:31
...thus providing another quality example of why a playoff system is needed. Too much speculation and what ifs.

Its coming shortly.

How likely do you think a team ranked 34th in points against will fare in a playoff system against Bama (1st in points against) or SC (7th in points against)?

Oregon gave up 34 against Arkansas State and 26 against Washington State. How many do you think they'll give up against Alabama?

For all its faults, the BCS tends to get it exactly right at the end.

Bow Commander
10-06-2012, 22:38

Out scored opponents 262-99, and it's about to be an even bigger point gap. SC is 34th in points for. What's your point? If we win out, we'll go to the Natty. The leapfrog scenario is a pretty big reach. But I've been surprised by the BCS before. Yes, we do need a playoff system.

Bow Commander
10-06-2012, 22:39
Its coming shortly.

How likely do you think a team ranked 34th in points against will fare in a playoff system against Bama (1st in points against) or SC (7th in points against)?

Oregon gave up 34 against Arkansas State and 26 against Washington State. How many do you think they'll give up against Alabama?

Someone who watches the games would understand why. Our 3rd and 4th string is in by halftime.

certifiedfunds
10-06-2012, 22:47
Someone who watches the games would understand why. Our 3rd and 4th string is in by halftime.

Yeah, Bama and SC never sub in the garbage time.

Hines57
10-06-2012, 22:53
Barring the unforeseen, bizarre things that can happen in college football, the national championship will be played in Atlanta between Bama and South Carolina. Glad to see the ole ball coach back on top.

If that game were played today I think SC has the edge.

I see South Carolina losing 1, maybe 2. Florida losing 1 also and a toss up with FSU.

Bow Commander
10-06-2012, 23:17
Yeah, Bama and SC never sub in the garbage time.

Sure!

Not here to convert anybody. A lot of ball to be played, if we get there, we get there. Like you said, in the end the BCS usually gets it right.

SpoiledBySig
10-06-2012, 23:21
No matter how you look at it, South Carolina has a good (great) coach. As does Oregon and Alabama. It's honestly looking like Notre Dame picked the right man (Kelly) for the job...West Virginia has a good coach, but great talent with Geno Smith as QB.

South Carolina plays good teams great and bad teams badly. But with Spurrier as the head coach...they are always dangerous...very dangerous against a good team. As much as I detest Steve Spurrier, I have to admit he's a great coach.

When it comes to college football, it's not always the most talented team of players who win (talent helps, but a great coach makes a big difference).

The problem with a great coach and coaching staff...if they keep on winning, other teams give offers to the assistant coaches, making them head coaches and the great team soon becomes depleted.

FSU, under Bobby Bowden was a powerhouse team, up until Georgia lured their offensive coordinator, Mark Richt. Then FSU steadily began to really fall apart...it was an end of an era combined with Bobby Bowden making his son, Jeff Bowden, (the "Fredo" of the Bowden brothers) FSU's Offensive Coordinator...it was a true disaster. Bowden was ahead of Joe Paterno in wins until he made that blunder of a move.

Mark Richt was a great offensive coordinator. Jimbo Fisher was a very good offensive coordinator...They both just don't do quite as well being Head Coaches. Just an opinion.

rolltide_pisco
10-06-2012, 23:42
The job SOS has done at USC is amazing. A school who suffered for years trying to find their identity in a division who used to be known for the BIG 3 (UF, UGA and UT). I say alot is coaching but the HS talent coming from Georgia and in SC has helped alot.

DairyFresh
10-07-2012, 00:08
College football already has a playoff system, it's called the SEC championship game.

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 08:21
Out scored opponents 262-99, and it's about to be an even bigger point gap. SC is 34th in points for. What's your point? If we win out, we'll go to the Natty. The leapfrog scenario is a pretty big reach. But I've been surprised by the BCS before. Yes, we do need a playoff system.

They gave up 100 points in 5 games. :rofl:

Bow Commander
10-07-2012, 15:11
They gave up 100 points in 5 games. :rofl:

No, I want the last word! :tongueout:

domin8ss
10-07-2012, 15:19
Its coming shortly.

Tell that to the computer ranking system versus the people polls. How many people thought Utah would lose to Pitt in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl or Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. What about Boise State against Oklahoma? TCU against Wisconsin? Point being, these 34th in points, 1st in points, 7th in points, etc is not an apples-to-apples comparison. They didn't play the same teams. That's why a playoff system is essential. Is like to see it be 8 teams. Playoffs answer the unknown variables.

Additionally, most of the country thinks the SEC is full of themselves anyways. When Utah came out and destroyed Alabama in the Sugar Bowl by going up 21 points in the first 10 minutes it shut up all the people saying stuff like non SEC schools don't have the size or speed to compete with SEC programs. Boise State backed that up by beating Georgia a few years later. And, all of those teams did what they do without the depth bigger programs have. So, don't bother with that argument. What's the highest ranking any non BCS program has acheived after all the bowl games have been played? #2. What was their ranking before the bowl game? Below #4. Thus, under the upcoming playoff system they would not be included in a chance for the National Championship. I suggest adding one more week so that 8 teams can have a chance. Those teams would be the 6 BCS conference champs and 2 At Large. If those at large come from a non BCS or BCS conference I am fine with that, so long as it is fair. Case in point, current rules for a non BCS program to be eligible for a BCS bowl game are satisfactory.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-07-2012, 19:08
Pack over FSU. That was a fun game. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpoiledBySig
10-07-2012, 19:51
Pack over FSU. That was a fun game. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...it was a fun game for you.

NC State is always dangerous at home...you'd think FSU would figure that out by now.

certifiedfunds
10-07-2012, 20:43
Tell that to the computer ranking system versus the people polls. How many people thought Utah would lose to Pitt in the 2005 Fiesta Bowl or Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. What about Boise State against Oklahoma? TCU against Wisconsin? Point being, these 34th in points, 1st in points, 7th in points, etc is not an apples-to-apples comparison. They didn't play the same teams. That's why a playoff system is essential. Is like to see it be 8 teams. Playoffs answer the unknown variables.

It sure isn't an apples to apple comparison. Oregon has given up 120 points in their first 6 games and they haven't played ANYONE.

They give you lots of easy touchdowns against garbage teams.

Hines57
10-13-2012, 14:09
Anybody going to get upset today?
Maybe LSU beating South Carolina?
Texas Tech beating WVU?

Is Notre Dame really a top ten team?

jdavionic
10-13-2012, 15:12
Anybody going to get upset today?
Maybe LSU beating South Carolina?
Texas Tech beating WVU?

Is Notre Dame really a top ten team?

I don't see LSU beating SC. SC is just too strong.

Texas Tech beats WVU...I know, someone will quote this one later :supergrin:

Notre Dame...uh, no.