Serena Williams "Ghetto Fabulous" at the Olympics! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams "Ghetto Fabulous" at the Olympics!

Peace Officer
08-05-2012, 20:11
After winning the Gold in tennis for the Womens Competition Serena Williams representing the USA did a dance around the tennis court called the "Cripp Hop or Cripp Dance. Made up and famous by a local thug low life street gang here in Compton Calif. International as well as national news agencys have reported on this. How sad,,, that a rep. of the USA has to glorify a street gang in front of millions of people. You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl. Just another indication of where this "once" great country is going......straight down the toilet. The gold medal needs to be taken from her, and if she doesn't like that she can return to Compton, CA,,,,,and to her roots!

hogship
08-05-2012, 20:19
Question:

Was Serena advocating anything illegal, or immoral?

If I had seen it, I wouldn't have made any mental connection to the source......

If it were nothing more than an expression of joy.......well, that would be ok with me.

Being a police officer who isn't far removed from the gang culture, maybe you made the connection to something she didn't intend........

ooc

Gunnut 45/454
08-05-2012, 20:25
Yep noticed the fact she didn't place her hand over her heart during the National Anthem as well!! Glad she won gold but come on show some respect!:upeyes:

Peace Officer
08-05-2012, 20:28
I didn't know anything about such a dance until the press reported on it. Upon further investigation there is indeed a dance or a "hop" made up by the Cripps street gang of Compton CA. If she wants to express her loyalty to a street gang let her parade around Compton CA with her fellow gang members doing her Cripp Hop along with her gold medal around her neck-so there is no doubt as to what type of person she is. Don't use the Olympics to let everyone know that you are a low life.

hogship
08-05-2012, 20:38
Yep noticed the fact she didn't place her hand over her heart during the National Anthem as well!! Glad she won gold but come on show some respect!:upeyes:

If this is true, we'll see the evidence. Not only would she not be showing any respect.......she certainly would have lost some respect, as well..........

ooc

countrygun
08-05-2012, 20:41
I wonder if it would have gotten any coverage if it had been a German Female and she "Goose-stepped" ?

Just1More
08-05-2012, 20:46
I wonder if she can swim?

LASTRESORT20
08-05-2012, 20:53
Serena Williams Crip Walks After Winning Gold Medal At The 2012 Olympics! - YouTube

G17Jake
08-05-2012, 21:03
Serena Williams Crip Walks After Winning Gold Medal At The 2012 Olympics! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbKF1o8k4Jo)

But she is wearing a red headband. Isn't that the wrong color for a crips dance? :dunno:

IvanVic
08-05-2012, 21:04
Not exactly a wise choice, but this dance went mainstream 20 years ago. I remember people doing this in the midwest a long time ago. Breakdancing originated in the ghettos of NY a long time ago, too.

South Fla
08-05-2012, 21:09
... How sad,,, that a rep. of the USA has to glorify a street gang in front of the entire planet.

Fixed it for ya. :thumbsup:

08-05-2012, 21:28
Why would she glorify a street gang, the same one that killed her sister?

Just1More
08-05-2012, 21:31
She's a professioNal and has no busIness beinG in the olympics.

Gunnut 45/454
08-05-2012, 21:33
hogship
I looked for a pic of her on the potium all they had was pics of our flag falling off during the ceremony!:faint: Didn't know about that so I guess she gets a pass -no flag no need to put her hand on heart!

08-05-2012, 21:35

There are professionals in just about every sport in the olympics.

trifecta
08-05-2012, 21:36
I wonder if it would have gotten any coverage if it had been a German Female and she "Goose-stepped" ?

It might have gotten even more, especially in Germany.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Goldendog Redux
08-05-2012, 21:38

Perhaps your statement is true. I am interested in your capitalization of certain letters in your post. Care to enlighten me?