One year!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : One year!!!

mike g35
08-06-2012, 06:48
So it's been one year since roughly since I shot my first GSSF match in Beckley last year (which was my first match period) and its also been one year, roughly, since I started posting here on GT. I was watching my USPSA videos yesterday from my first match this winter up to yesterday and the improvement was easy to see, not so in GSSF. Could it be I have some subconscious issue when it comes to GSSF? :dunno:
Who knows. All I know is it's been a year full of fun. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for all of your help and for putting up with me the first couple months when I has my now infamous rough start. Thanks to DannyR, SARDG, bama, Ron, GlockinRandall, Don, Grady, Bryan, and ede for all your help, I really appreciate it. I'm sure I missed some more of you but rest assured I appreciate the help given by all. :wavey:
Hopefully at Beckley I can improve my scores. Ive shown some improvement this year but not as much as I know I should have. Good luck to everyone shooting the Beckley match next week, see ya there. :cool:

ron59
08-06-2012, 07:30
Mike, just go and have fun. Don't try to burn it down, or place expectations on yourself. Just shoot to your front sight, and I'm sure you'll do good.
I'm still unsure if I'm going to be there. Reckon I'll go ahead and sign up, if I don't go, will just have them use that for my Columbia, SC entry.

S.Kargoh
08-06-2012, 07:34
An oldie, but goodie :

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365274

"It's been over a month since the match, where are the results?"(actual time less than two weeks).

I will have to admit, you have shown great improvements....in timekeeping.

:D

DannyR
08-06-2012, 08:25
Two words, Mike: DON'T RUSH!

mike g35
08-06-2012, 08:33
An oldie, but goodie :

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1365274

"It's been over a month since the match, where are the results?"(actual time less than two weeks).

I will have to admit, you have shown great improvements....in timekeeping.

:D
:embarassed::tongueout:
Ah the good old days!!! Geez I read my old posts and think to myself "what were you thinking Mike?!?!"!!! I used to take offense to everything said to me. W the H? LOL I guess not only has my understanding of the game evolved but Ive done a lot of growing up this year too. It's been a very eventful year for me shooting, from not knowing how to look up match dates to getting sponsored and being a member of the Carver team. Who saw that coming? LOL I guess enthusiasm and love for the game and the gear used in it can take you a long way, because it certainly wasn't my shooting skills!!! LOL
:rofl::faint:

mike g35
08-06-2012, 08:40

Thanks Danny, I took my time at Marietta and did worse than usual, but (not to make excuses) I was exhausted that day. Honestly I think I'm just over thinking things. I think I need to relax and just shoot like Ron said. At the Beckley match I'm approaching things differently, fun first & scores second.

S.Kargoh
08-06-2012, 08:42
Good times!

ede
08-06-2012, 08:56
You keep getting mad and say you're not coming back but you keep coming back. I need to figure out what to do or say to make you stay mad and stay gone. Key thing to remember it's a game and it's suspose to be fun. Since I've retired from shooting I really enjoy more what little bit of shooting I do even if the results aren't what I'd normally expect of myself.

mike g35
08-06-2012, 09:10
You keep getting mad and say you're not coming back but you keep coming back. I need to figure out what to do or say to make you stay mad and stay gone. Key thing to remember it's a game and it's suspose to be fun. Since I've retired from shooting I really enjoy more what little bit of shooting I do even if the results aren't what I'd normally expect of myself.
:tongueout:I think I've forgot that fun is the point. I have a habit of taking things WAY to seriously, not just shooting but everything I do in life. I gotta relax, that's the plan from now on. I have enough stress in life, I have to quit putting the same amount of stress on myself when enjoying my time off at the range.
(I'm not going anywhere!!!! LOL GSSF wouldn't be nearly as interesting without GT and you ede!!! LOL Nice seeing you yesterday, hope to catch you at another one some day.:wavey:)

yobohadi
08-06-2012, 10:55

Word.

I really learned this one Yesterday at the Albany Shoot, my times were great, but my accuracy was not.

GlockinRandall
08-06-2012, 11:44
:tongueout:I think I've forgot that fun is the point. I have a habit of taking things WAY to seriously, not just shooting but everything I do in life. I gotta relax, that's the plan from now on. I have enough stress in life, I have to quit putting the same amount of stress on myself when enjoying my time off at the range.
(I'm not going anywhere!!!! LOL GSSF wouldn't be nearly as interesting without GT and you ede!!! LOL Nice seeing you yesterday, hope to catch you at another one some day.:wavey:)

First you shoot me Ede, now you're hanging out with Mike! Man, what's this world coming to! :rofl:

mike g35
08-06-2012, 13:16
First you shoot me Ede, now you're hanging out with Mike! Man, what's this world coming to! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm hoping ede gives lethal permission to give my arm and leg back!!!! Jim's probably needing room in his freezer by now!!! Never bet Ed!!!!

PM720
08-06-2012, 13:43
Actually, with Ede shooting less it looks this has given him more time to torture Mike!! :rofl:

Scott

BamaTrooper
08-06-2012, 15:50
Mike, if the set ups are the same at Beckley, you can compare scores and see how much (if) you improved.

As far as slowing down, at practice the other day, I shot the 5 to Glock in 3.48 with 2 Cs and 2 Ds, 5.25 with all A/b and 4. 58 with 1C.

Somewhere in there is my perfect speed..perhaps a 4.7-5.0

ede
08-06-2012, 18:38
Mike, if the set ups are teh same at Beckley, you can compare scores and see how much (if) you improved.

As far as slowing down, at practice the other day, I shot the 5 to Glock in 3.48 with 2 Cs and 2 Ds, 5.25 with all A/b and 4. 58 with 1C.

Somewhere in there is my perfect speed..perhaps a 4.7-5.0

That's with me cleaning the guns and loading the mags plus packing all the stuff for Bama to shoot with, and holding the umbrella so the sun isn't too hot on him while he's waiting to shoot.