feedback on galco tuck n go and stow & go iwb holsters [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : feedback on galco tuck n go and stow & go iwb holsters

davsco
08-06-2012, 12:01
looking for something for a glock 19/23/32 (midsize gun).

the holsters with multiple belt attachments (eg cross breed super tuck) seem pretty bulky.

wondering how stable the tuck n go or the stow & go holsters are given that they just have a small clip attaching to the belt?

pro's and con's appreciated! thanks!

CA Escapee
08-06-2012, 12:24
looking for something for a glock 19/23/32 (midsize gun).

the holsters with multiple belt attachments (eg cross breed super tuck) seem pretty bulky.

wondering how stable the tuck n go or the stow & go holsters are given that they just have a small clip attaching to the belt?

pro's and con's appreciated! thanks!

I've got a Stow & Go for my G26. When I bought it I made the mistake of getting one with a clip big enough to fit a 2" belt. (Who wears a 2" belt?) So match the clip to the size of your belt and it will be more stable.

I'm of the opinion that any holster with two loops or clips is going to be more stable than one with a single loop; I believe that's the object of using two.

The larger holsters with two clips, (King Tuk, Crossbreed, etc.,) do cover more real estate. More leather in the waistband means, well, more leather in the waistband. :whistling: But, they are more stable for that reason.

One saving grace is the Stow & Go's are relatively cheap compared to other holsters.

Bill

VELO
08-06-2012, 13:13
I carried my 26 in a Stow and Go for a while. I liked how thin and unobtrusive it was.

Notice "was".

I was doing dry fire drills and the plastic clip didn't hold to my belt so the gun *and* holster came out together. Never carried with it again.

If you're looking for a thin, single-clip holster I would recommend the Mr. Softy (straight draw) or Bare Asset (FBI cant) from High Noon. The metal clip is much more robust than the plastic one on the Galco.