Bleeping Septic Systems!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bleeping Septic Systems!!

wjv
08-06-2012, 12:17
Was at our camping/bug-out property this weekend. .

Went to dump the tanks and it looks like we have a blockage in the line (or worse). Called a company up there and they will check the system and see what needs to be done.

I guess it's better that it happened no rather than some time in the future when a septic service company might not be available. At least we will get it fixed and get it done right so we won't have to worry about it for years.

DoctaGlockta
08-06-2012, 12:21
I was just up in your neck of the woods at our BOL/Summer spot. I installed an outdoor shower to help take some of the load off our septic system.

The weather last week was amazing. 70 degrees and sunny I spent the whole week outside with the kids. Haven't done that in some time.

Good luck with your system.

bdcochran
08-06-2012, 13:30
My parents were on a septic line in L.A. Depending upon the size of the septic line and the usage and the RAIN, cleaning it out will keep things smooth for years. The problem is the rain in your area I think.

JackMac
08-06-2012, 18:38
Out house...but not too far out...downhill from the house

racerford
08-06-2012, 22:55
The problem with septic where you don't go often is that they can go dry and that is not good for their health. I assume it is an anaerobic system. Use it when you are there, make sure it is wet when you leave. Do you put bacteria in them when you are their (not generic bacteria but the packets for septic bacteria.

Does it get really dry there? Is there vegatation around the septic? Water, food... the roots will go there.