Mag Issues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mag Issues

GlockRacer
08-06-2012, 16:40
I have a Bul M5 9mm and it runs flawless with 4 of the 5 mags. All are new, one nosedives the rounds even when just loading it up by hand... the first 5 rounds go in great, good pressure on the top round, smooth etc., after you get past 5 rounds its like pressure is gone even though its a brand new spring ( i've tried 2 different followers as well) once they go past 11 rounds, you can actually "rattle" the mag and hear the rounds rattling inside of it, manually unload the mag with thumb and the rounds have no pressure at all on them, until you get to 5 left, then they have great spring pressure again and its smooth. Brand new mag, spring, follower etc.... Any ideas?

faawrenchbndr
08-06-2012, 19:02
Sounds like a burred or a dented mag body.

kilroy2721
08-07-2012, 17:01
Try taking the spring/follower out of a good mag and put it into the one you are having problems with see if that will solve the problem...if not then take the follower that you are having problems with and try it in a good mag tube...narrow down your problems.

GlockRacer
08-07-2012, 17:15
Thanks for the ideas! I'm going to work on getting those done in the next night or two and report back. Thanks again!