Police Firearms Trainers support shall-issue in Maryland [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police Firearms Trainers support shall-issue in Maryland

Sam Spade
08-06-2012, 19:27
So Alan Gura argued and won the decision that MD needs to be shall-issue. MD, to no one's great surprise, appealed.

The International Assn of LE Firearms Instructors, of which I'm a member, filed a brief in the Court of Appeals in support of shall-issue CCW. Read more from our lawyer here: http://www.volokh.com/2012/08/06/amicus-brief-in-woollard-v-gallagher-maryland-right-to-bear-arms-case/

Just wanted y'all to know where we stood, and that we stepped up. Don't believe politicians when it comes to this stuff.

Misty02
08-07-2012, 02:24
Thank you for sharing that, Sam. It is nice to read that there are LE organizations out there fighting for the citizenís right to carry to protect themselves and their loved ones. It is a shame that the press doesnít report such efforts.

swinokur
08-07-2012, 05:58
Kudos to you and the organization.

Thanks Sam

Glock30Eric
08-07-2012, 06:13
Way to go! Thank you!!!

RussP
08-07-2012, 06:49
Thanks, Sam.

blackjack
08-07-2012, 08:40
While I consider the amicus brief to be a stand-up action by the trainers group, the sad fact is that it will be an empty gesture as far as the usual suspects (media, Brady-ites, political cop groups) are concerned. The likelihood of this information being published in the standard reporting on this proceeding is between slim and none...and Slim just left town.

Bren
08-07-2012, 08:42
Thank you for sharing that, Sam. It is nice to read that there are LE organizations out there fighting for the citizenís right to carry to protect themselves and their loved ones. It is a shame that the press doesnít report such efforts.

The press sticks to reporting what chiefs and mayors say, since that is most likely to support their agenda. If a chief isn't liberal enough, they ignore him too.

Misty02
08-07-2012, 10:33
The press sticks to reporting what chiefs and mayors say, since that is most likely to support their agenda. If a chief isn't liberal enough, they ignore him too.

That is such a shame! Most ordinary people like me donít get to find out just how much support we really have out there (but we sure get to read plenty from Bloomberg). I sure hope people in MD become aware of this.

boomhower
08-07-2012, 22:18
I'm an LEO and I fully support shall issue, actually am in favor of no permit carry. As long as you can legally own a firearm you should be able to carry.

Glock_9mm
08-07-2012, 23:21
The current county that I reside in and many of the surrounding counties are shall issue. The ccw process in CA is pretty painstaking with all of the hoops you need to jump through. I am currently in month 8 of the process and I am anxiously awaiting my ccw permit in the mail. My point is, is that by the time I got to my one on one interview with the sheriff, I came to realize that the entire county sheriff's staff was pro ccw. The adminstrative staff was very helpful and supportive of their community carrying. While I was doing my live scan, one of the deputies was saying how much she loved the new Gen 4's (she saw that I had 3 glocks on my ccw and said ohh, your a glock guy :cool:) and went on to say that she had and some Gen 2's but the Gen 4's fit her hand better. All in all I have to say that everyone was treated very, very well. Not what one would think of anti everything California!
Scott

RussP
08-08-2012, 05:44
Glock_9mm, that's good to hear.

happyguy
08-08-2012, 07:06
Thank you.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

redbaron007
08-08-2012, 13:21
Thanks Sam! Glad to hear......the political heads (mayors/chiefs) get too much media attention and unfortunately, they are leftist leaning....hence why they are being interviewed by the MSM.

:wavey:

red

JuneyBooney
08-09-2012, 01:55
While I consider the amicus brief to be a stand-up action by the trainers group, the sad fact is that it will be an empty gesture as far as the usual suspects (media, Brady-ites, political cop groups) are concerned. The likelihood of this information being published in the standard reporting on this proceeding is between slim and none...and Slim just left town.

The Fourth Circuit is very conservative and fewer than ten percent of judge's decisions are ever overturned. U believe that the support of le instructors does help.