White House: Obama Wants Assault Weapons Ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : White House: Obama Wants Assault Weapons Ban

PocketProtector
08-07-2012, 07:00
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/08/06/White-House-Obama-Wants-Assault-Weapons-Ban

walt cowan
08-07-2012, 07:50
show me his school records.

JBnTX
08-07-2012, 08:20
Just one of many, many reasons why Obama MUST be defeated this November.

Since Obama will have nothing to lose in his "final" term, he will call for an assault weapons ban from congress.

Congressional democrats will do his bidding and the limp **** republicans won't lift a finger to oppose them.

The gun grabbers learned a valuable lesson from the last AWB.
The next ban will have teeth and WILL take your guns away from you.

There will be little if any grandfathering existing weapons, so don't think just because you have it now you can keep it.

Go to the polls and vote AGAINST Obama.
Your vote is desperately needed to send his gun grabbing ass back to Illinois.

aircarver
08-07-2012, 08:32
show me his school records.

Explain his SS number...

series1811
08-07-2012, 09:11
How long before the truth squadders show up to say that we shouldn't believe Obama would do this, but should believe that Romney and a Republican Congress would do this?

Not long, I bet.

4GLOCKER
08-07-2012, 09:14
Obama and his Chicago mafia don't even know what an assault weapon is.

You cannot legislate the maniacs off the streets, they can only be shut down by an armed citizenry.

michael_b
08-07-2012, 09:19
How is this news? Has anyone ever had any doubt Il Duce doesn't like firearms?

We are talking about the same president who was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize before he ever took office and subsequently won.

Who now has a 'kill list' and ordered the execution of an American citizen overseas without due process.

Gundude
08-07-2012, 09:36
Congressional democrats will do his bidding and the limp dick republicans won't lift a finger to oppose them.Assuming the balance in Congress remains at least as it is now for Republicans (a pretty reasonable assumption), the House doesn't have to lift a finger to oppose the Democrats. The Democrats can't do squat on their own. All the Republicans have to do is not actively help them pass a gun ban. Do you think they're capable of that? If you don't, it doesn't really matter who's in the White House, does it?

FFR Spyder GT
08-07-2012, 09:37
How about a link to a credible news source?

You do realize that if Obama wanted a AWB all he would have to do is sign an E.O. banning AWs, right?

Gundude
08-07-2012, 09:42

You do realize that if Obama wanted a AWB all he would have to do is sign an E.O. banning AWs, right?The White House spokesman himself said it, so there's no doubt it's Obama's position. (Not that we didn't already know)

Obama can't ban AWs by executive order. He can make it more difficult to build them, like Bush did, but he can't ban ownership of them. That would require a law.

concretefuzzynuts
08-07-2012, 09:50

You do realize that if Obama wanted a AWB all he would have to do is sign an E.O. banning AWs, right?

So if this same video was posted on NBC the content and what Jay said would be different? Don't be ridiculous.

whoflungdo
08-07-2012, 09:54
So if this same video was posted on NBC the content and what Jay said would be different? Don't be ridiculous.

unpossible.

Glockdude1
08-07-2012, 09:58
Obama does not like guns.

Shocker.

:faint:

JBnTX
08-07-2012, 10:04
Either we have a bunch of Obama supporters on this forum or none of you own guns?

I've never heard so many limp wristed responses to possibly losing your firearms, and one of your constitutional rights.

It doesn't matter one hoot in hell that we already know Obama is anti-gun, or that you can't legislate criminals off the streets.

Where's the fire in your belly about a future assault weapons ban? ALL gun owners need to rise up and make your voice be heard about this attack on our right to keep and bear arms.

We should be raising holy hell about this, instead of just bending over and getting ready for it.

marchboom
08-07-2012, 10:05
We the people (individually and collectively) will decide if we will be disarmed...not the gov't. The gov't my think they can disarm us but that would prove to be a losing proposition on their part.

QNman
08-07-2012, 10:08
If O wins another term, bank on this being front and center for the next year or so. Think "Obamacare", only with less explanation and more hand wringing.

QNman
08-07-2012, 10:10
Either we have a bunch of Obama supporters on this forum or none of you own guns?

I've never heard so many limp wristed responses to possibly losing your firearms, and one of your constitutional rights.

It doesn't matter one hoot in hell that we already know Obama is anti-gun, or that you can't legislate criminals off the streets.

Where's the fire in your belly about a future assault weapons ban? ALL gun owners need to rise up and make your voice be heard about this attack on our right to keep and bear arms.

We should be raising holy hell about this, instead of just bending over and getting ready for it.

Uh... What? :headscratch:

Gundude
08-07-2012, 10:10
Where's the fire in your belly about a future assault weapons ban? ALL gun owners need to rise up and make your voice be heard about this attack on our right to keep and bear arms.What attack is that? The President admitting he'd sign a ban? Bush said the same thing. If Romney had an honest bone in his body, he'd say the same thing too. (ETA: Oh wait, Romney did say this in 2008. I guess he once had an honest bone in his body, but since he lost his presidential bid in 2008, he figured that pesky honesty is holding him back)

It's not an attack until the law gets written and passed by congress. If you have any faith at all in the Republican-led House, you needn't get all worked up about this.

HexHead
08-07-2012, 10:16
If O wins another term, bank on this being front and center for the next year or so. Think "Obamacare", only with less explanation and more hand wringing.

He had a Democrat controlled House and Senate to get 0bamacare passed. He's likely to have neither in January if he's reelected.

series1811
08-07-2012, 10:22
How long before the truth squadders show up to say that we shouldn't believe Obama would do this, but should believe that Romney and a Republican Congress would do this?

Not long, I bet.

What attack is that? The President admitting he'd sign a ban? Bush said the same thing. If Romney had an honest bone in his body, he'd say the same thing too. (ETA: Oh wait, Romney did say this in 2008. I guess he once had an honest bone in his body, but since he lost his presidential bid in 2008, he figured that pesky honesty is holding him back)

It's not an attack until the law gets written and passed by congress. If you have any faith at all in the Republican-led House, you needn't get all worked up about this.

Close enough. :supergrin:

Gundude
08-07-2012, 10:38
Close enough. :supergrin:Yet very different. For at least the next four years, it is congress alone which will decide whether a gun ban gets passed. No sane person would ever think the president, whoever it turns out to be, would veto a gun ban.

Although I'm voting for Obama (for the sake of gridlock), I think it's critical that Republicans maintain (or hopefully gain) their congressional clout (and for gods sake eventually grow the balls to use it).

countrygun
08-07-2012, 10:42
Close enough. :supergrin:

:notworthy:

"All hail Carnac "the Magnificent", Seeyer, sage, soothsayer who sayeth the sooth. Predictor of the pendantic postulations, mindreader of the mindless. All hail"

So, oh great Carnac, how long until we are told "It's Bush's fault"?

Jerry
08-07-2012, 11:07
Although I'm voting for Obama (for the sake of gridlock), I think it's critical that Republicans maintain (or hopefully gain) their congressional clout (and for gods sake eventually grow the balls to use it).

And I/we wonder why the country is going down the shatter. :brickwall:

God please save us from idiots and morons.

Fed Five Oh
08-07-2012, 11:08
(for the sake of gridlock), Show you is.

Gundude
08-07-2012, 11:10
And I/we wonder why the country is going down the shatter. :brickwall: God please save us from idiots and morons.Yes, voting for the lesser of two evils sucks, doesn't it, yet almost every person on this forum is going to be doing it in November. Idiots and morons, every last one of them?

janice6
08-07-2012, 11:11
He is scrounging for every little vote no matter how outrageous the topic.

He's scared for good reason.

Gundude
08-07-2012, 11:14
Show you is.Your ability to selectively believe the things that reinforce your prejudices while disbelieving anything that might cause you to question them is unparalleled in the real world, but I can see how you can find solace at GTPI.

Fed Five Oh
08-07-2012, 11:19
Your ability to selectively believe the things that reinforce your prejudices while disbelieving anything that might cause you to question them is unparalleled in the real world, but I can see how you can find solace at GTPI.Your misguided belief that you can urinate on someone's back and convince them that it is raining is consistent with most liberals.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 11:27
Yes, voting for the lesser of two evils sucks, doesn't it, yet almost every person on this forum is going to be doing it in November. Idiots and morons, every last one of them?

And voting for the worst is your idea of brilliant?

Do you have any memory concerning how many times you were dropped as a child?

jeanderson
08-07-2012, 11:27

If you want gridlock, don't vote at all. Please!

Gundude
08-07-2012, 11:30
Your misguided belief that you can urinate on someone's back and convince them that it is raining is consistent with most liberals.All I'm doing is saying what I'm gonna do and why. You can chose not to believe it, but it doesn't change what it is. You can do what you're gonna do for your own reasons, and it doesn't matter to me one bit.

Gridlock is only the most short-term reason for my vote. I've enumerated the other ones in several other threads. Nobody has countered them in any rational way. If I were susceptible to fear-mongering and name-calling, I might reconsider my choice, but I'm not susceptible to those things. I'm susceptible to rational rebuttals, but I'm not seeing them.

Jerry
08-07-2012, 11:32
Yes, voting for the lesser of two evils sucks, doesn't it, yet almost every person on this forum is going to be doing it in November. Idiots and morons, every last one of them?
RIGHT! Voting for the worst possible choice makes much more sense. :upeyes: And just think, if enough morons do it all of The Obomination's dreams will come to be before his second term ends. :faint:

Gundude
08-07-2012, 11:40
And voting for the worst is your idea of brilliant?"Worst" is a judgement call. My point is that voting for Obama doesn't mean I like him, any more than most people here voting for Romney means they like him.

It means I've weighed the pro's and cons of either vote, and decided that voting for Obama is less harmful than voting for Romney, though neither one will be any good. I've stated my reasons, and may even start a thread with them all in one place if, in some moment of delusion, I believed we could have some rational discussion on them.

Do you have any memory concerning how many times you were dropped as a child?Again, name calling doesn't influence me in the least. If it makes you feel better, have at it, but if you're interested in rational discussion about what would make a libertarian vote for Obama over Romney, it doesn't help to achieve any such goal.

Cavalry Doc
08-07-2012, 11:43
This has not been news since he was a Senator. If he can, he will.

Don't forget congress when you are looking at this election.

Syclone538
08-07-2012, 12:26
I should say first that I will not be voting for any D this election, all my choices will be between LP and R.

But I have to admit, gridlock is not a bad idea. I would prefer that R's have 2, not all 3, of president, house, and senate.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 12:29
"Worst" is a judgement call. My point is that voting for Obama doesn't mean I like him, any more than most people here voting for Romney means they like him.

It means I've weighed the pro's and cons of either vote, and decided that voting for Obama is less harmful than voting for Romney, though neither one will be any good. I've stated my reasons, and may even start a thread with them all in one place if, in some moment of delusion, I believed we could have some rational discussion on them.

Again, name calling doesn't influence me in the least. If it makes you feel better, have at it, but if you're interested in rational discussion about what would make a libertarian vote for Obama over Romney, it doesn't help to achieve any such goal.

Yes, I have noticed name calling doesn't phase you,

"yet almost every person on this forum is going to be doing it in November. Idiots and morons, every last one of them?"

Ah the hipocrysy of Neo-Libs.

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 13:22
Romney on Gun Control - YouTube

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!

Gundude
08-07-2012, 13:32
Yes, I have noticed name calling doesn't phase you,

"yet almost every person on this forum is going to be doing it in November. Idiots and morons, every last one of them?"

Ah the hipocrysy of Neo-Libs.See the question mark? See the post it was a response to?

Just once try to see something as it is instead of trying to mold it into a preconceived mold. Who knows, you might enjoy it.

aircarver
08-07-2012, 13:34
^ ^ ^ ^
Speaking of illustrative 'horrible examples' ... :upeyes:

Ah the hipocrysy of Neo-Libs.

JBnTX
08-07-2012, 13:45
I see that the usual suspects once again rush to the aid of Obama every time he's criticized.

Well, at least they're not still pretending to be Ron Paul supporters, and are now openly declaring their love for Obama.

:rofl:

countrygun
08-07-2012, 13:46
^ ^ ^ ^
Speaking of illustrative 'horrible examples' ... :upeyes:

I couldn't have scripted it.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 13:54
Romney on Gun Control - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8Nk3p1wyY)

Everyone loves the king of the sea,
Ever so kind and gentle is he,
Tricks he will do when children appear,
And how they laugh when he's near!

Obama on Gitmo

Obama on taxes on the middle class

Obama on the "mandate not being a tax"

Obama "If I don't do it in one term"

flintlocker, you simply have to get over your narrow minded and bigoted view that, just because this is a gun related site, everybody is single-mindedly focused on gun control. I would think that a reasonably intelligent person, who has tried to make it an issue and FAILED ans many times as you might have enough sense to quit thrashing that dead horse.

Most of us don't think either one of the two realistic choices are great on the subject, but you are spitting in the wind by trying to drive such a flimsy wedge in. People around here realize that Romney is still miles ahead of Obama in almost every other category. Gun control is probably a draw but Obama is a complete disaster on everything else.

You are a bore, besides having a shallow well of creativity

countrygun
08-07-2012, 13:59
I see that the usual suspects once again rush to the aid of Obama every time he's criticized.

Well, at least they're not still pretending to be Ron Paul supporters, and are now openly declaring their love for Obama.

:rofl:

It was a bit tiresome seeing them fumble around with a surrogate while they were fantasizing about their true desire.

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 14:22
flintlocker, you simply have to get over your narrow minded and bigoted view that, just because this is a gun related site, everybody is single-mindedly focused on gun control.

Romney on Immigration - YouTube

Romney on Abortion - YouTube

http://i.imgur.com/Nc6wP.jpg

whoflungdo
08-07-2012, 14:29
Obama on Gitmo

Obama on taxes on the middle class

Obama on the "mandate not being a tax"

Obama "If I don't do it in one term"

flintlocker, you simply have to get over your narrow minded and bigoted view that, just because this is a gun related site, everybody is single-mindedly focused on gun control. I would think that a reasonably intelligent person, who has tried to make it an issue and FAILED ans many times as you might have enough sense to quit thrashing that dead horse.

Most of us don't think either one of the two realistic choices are great on the subject, but you are spitting in the wind by trying to drive such a flimsy wedge in. People around here realize that Romney is still miles ahead of Obama in almost every other category. Gun control is probably a draw but Obama is a complete disaster on everything else.

You are a bore, besides having a shallow well of creativity

I can appreciate your attempt, but it is falling on deaf ears. The best thing to do with this reincarnated Flintlocker is to reply to all of his posts with weather reports. That caused him so much ire last him/she was here..

series1811
08-07-2012, 14:30
Hey, look, everybody! Flintlocker/1200 is here!

And, he still hates Romney and all things conservative. :supergrin:

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 14:35
The best thing to do with this reincarnated Flintlocker is to reply to all of his posts with weather reports.

Sounds pretty cowardly to me. But, I know, you're sensitive about the Romney and it's tough for you guys to respond to any criticism of him. But you gotta roll how you gotta roll.

series1811
08-07-2012, 14:39
Sounds pretty cowardly to me. But, I know, you're sensitive about the Romney and it's tough for you guys to respond to any criticism of him. But you gotta roll how you gotta roll.

No, it means liberal trolls don't get to set our discussion agendas by bringing up DU talking points over and over again.

And, yes, we know that is how you roll.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 14:40
Right in the middle of a beautiful summer, we have been hit with 4 days of strange overcast, sorta wanting to rain and picking up the humidity. I was almost sure we were going to have thunderstorms last night, but no joy on that. I actually saw a hint of blue sky for the first time in days.

concretefuzzynuts
08-07-2012, 14:46

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 14:47
No, it means liberal trolls don't get to set our discussion agendas by bringing up DU talking points over and over again.

And, yes, we know that is how you roll.

Series1811: Opposing viewpoints confuse and alarm me! I must ignore them!

jakebrake
08-07-2012, 14:49

i have to agree wholeheartedly.

QNman
08-07-2012, 16:51
He had a Democrat controlled House and Senate to get 0bamacare passed. He's likely to have neither in January if he's reelected.

I pray you're right. I pray further that it remains so after 2014.

QNman
08-07-2012, 16:54
Yet very different. For at least the next four years, it is congress alone which will decide whether a gun ban gets passed. No sane person would ever think the president, whoever it turns out to be, would veto a gun ban.

Say what? You, sir, are a seriously confused individual.

Voting for O for the sake of gridlock? Ever heard of a mid-term election? Is that really a chance you are willing to take? Not me.

whoflungdo
08-07-2012, 17:03
Say what? You, sir, are a seriously confused individual.

Voting for O for the sake of gridlock? Ever heard of a mid-term election? Is that really a chance you are willing to take? Not me.

If Romney is as bad and liberal as Obama as some would argue we can achieve gridlock with a R majority in Congress and Romney in the WH...jus sayin....

I'm more worried about the SC nominations than the mid terms and that's why I'm voting for Romney...

ETA: I do believe the midterms will change whatever party is in control of Congress regardless of who is in th WH...

QNman
08-07-2012, 17:08
Romney on Immigration - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iOBBU15xDc)

Romney on Abortion - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWDF1uQH4s)

http://i.imgur.com/Nc6wP.jpg

Nice source...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ab21foundation/feed

COMPLETELY unbiased... :shakehead:

concretefuzzynuts
08-07-2012, 17:35
Nice source...

Maybe flints youtube name is ab21.

Breadman03
08-07-2012, 17:42

I think the same thing, then Romney emerged as the front runner for the nomination. His record doesn't exactly bode well for gun owners, either.

I feel like I am going to vote for death by poisoning or strangulation.

Gundude
08-07-2012, 17:45

And, he still hates Romney and all things conservative. :supergrin:Uh, 1200 liked Romney.

If you're gonna try to match up screen names, you need to work on your observation/memory. I suggest poker. It's fun, too!

countrygun
08-07-2012, 17:48
I think the same thing, then Romney emerged as the front runner for the nomination. His record doesn't exactly bode well for gun owners, either.

I feel like I am going to vote for death by poisoning or strangulation.

There are more issues than guns at stake here. sometimes we don't get our "perfect" candidate. That is why we have a Congress. "Utopia" and "perfect candidate" are fantasies most likely to be held by liberals. Conservatives are more pragmatic.

whoflungdo
08-07-2012, 17:50
Uh, 1200 liked Romney.

If you're gonna try to match up screen names, you need to work on your observation/memory. I suggest poker. It's fun, too!

That was in the Primaries and that's what 1200 said they liked...doesn't mean it's the truth....a lot of lefties supported McCain and Romney in the primaries to keep conservatives from making the nomination...surely you know this...

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 17:54
Nice source...

Words from Romney's own lips: BIASED!

You guys crack me up!

whoflungdo
08-07-2012, 18:04

You guys crack me up!

Are you guys getting much rain over there? It's hot and humid here but not enough rain...

countrygun
08-07-2012, 18:09
Are you guys getting much rain over there? It's hot and humid here but not enough rain...

Humid, but the most we got was the usual costal mist.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 18:14

Humid, but the most we got was the usual costal mist.

The same in regard to heat and humidity.

Our coastal mist is called "swamp gas"... :supergrin:

countrygun
08-07-2012, 18:27
The same in regard to heat and humidity.

Our coastal mist is called "swamp gas"... :supergrin:

We are a stone's throw from the ocean and when it gets real hot inland we get a nasty, humid fog. It's the only time we don't get wind.

QNman
08-07-2012, 18:51

You guys crack me up!

Snippets... clearly meant to BIAS.

Pass. Let me know when you get something that matters.

No one here is proclaiming Romney as the gun owners savior. But I firmly believe he would veto any gun ban legislation if he thought passing it would cost him a second term. I suffer from no such delusions with Obama.

Continuing to proclaim them as "the same" while stating that one will offer a "stalemate" and the other will not is too schizophrenic to even discuss.

QNman
08-07-2012, 18:53
We are a stone's throw from the ocean and when it gets real hot inland we get a nasty, humid fog. It's the only time we don't get wind.

I'm about tired of having Houston weather in St. Louis. No more 100's, please! And a touch of rain occasionally would be nice.

rgregoryb
08-07-2012, 18:56
flintlicker sure is a bigot towards Mormons...........

GAFinch
08-07-2012, 19:03
Gridlock? Please. If welfare expansion via executive order continues for 2-4 more years, Democrats will achieve a permanent voting majority.

Bananas
08-07-2012, 19:55
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/06/press-briefing-press-secretary-jay-carney-862012

PROOF! From the WH Press Secretary, that BHO completely backs a new AWB.

stevelyn
08-07-2012, 20:02
White House: Obama Wants Assault Weapons Ban

Well no ****. He always has. Only liars and fools would try and have us believe otherwise.

DOC44
08-07-2012, 20:31

He? I don't thinks so. It posts like a girl or maybe a girly man. Definitely a limp wrist typist dud.

Doc44

series1811
08-07-2012, 20:43
flintlicker sure is a bigot towards Mormons...........

I think he burned a Mormon's house down one time. He should have to prove he didn't before he posts anymore.

cowboy1964
08-07-2012, 22:11
Explain his SS number...

After Romney proves he's not a felon.

QNman
08-08-2012, 06:41

Yep. "guilty until proven innocent by MSNBC". It's the American way.

[/sarcasm]

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect if there were any questions about his legality, the IRS under The Obama-Chicago machine would have found it.

whoflungdo
08-08-2012, 07:16

We sure could of used that type of thinking and rhetoric around here four years ago when you coulda helped proved that Obama wasn't.....oh never mind...it's not like you actually believe what you type or will listen to reason...keep up the false flag attacks..they seem to be working so well...