RANT ~ Garage "gunsmiths" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RANT ~ Garage "gunsmiths"

AZL
08-07-2012, 09:37
Okay....here's the deal...don't claim to be a GUNSMITH if you aren't.

I had a trade offer on one of my AR15's. It is a built-to-order Quentin Defense upper/lower with Daniel Defense BCG, FFQR, fluted 16" heavy barrel, Timney trigger...not a "Frankenstein" but a spec'd out custom rifle built by a professional who built my last duty rifle.

Anyway...Holmes offers a trade plus cash. He claimed he had a "Beautiful Series 70 Combat Commander with Custom Touches" in 38 Super...which is my FAVORITE caliber in the 1911.

He said he had no pics to send because his digital camera was nowhere to be found. So, being lured by the scent of a "Super Commander"....I agree to meet Holmes.

When I get there, I show him my rifle, and he ooohhs and ahhhs. Then he pulls this hack sawed and grinder botched MESS out of a plastic box!

I mean, it looked like someone handed a chimp (actual chimpanzee) a box of tools and a pistol and let him have at it.

This guy advertises himself as a PROFESSIONAL GUNSMITH.

UGH. This brings the rage...especially after driving 80 miles to meet and do the trade.

Okay..rant over. Man panties back on.

kirgi08
08-07-2012, 10:09
Trust yet verify.'08.

AZL
08-07-2012, 10:14
Trust yet verify.'08.

Just to be clear....I did NOT do the trade!

I left muttering under my breath about the marital status of his parents at the time of his conception.

kirgi08
08-07-2012, 10:55
Then ya learned.I had a "smith" "flare" an ejection port and cut it a 1/4in outta the loop.It was on a 1950s model Ballister/Molina.Caveat Emptor.'08.

maxmanta
09-12-2014, 20:02
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know of no legal professional standards for gunsmiths.

G33
09-13-2014, 03:31
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know of no legal professional standards for gunsmiths.

Ha!
Just look at some of the abortions in GG section.
:faint: