Opinion: Why donít we profile white nationalists? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Why donít we profile white nationalists?

TBO
08-07-2012, 11:14
Opinion: Why donít we profile white nationalists?

http://nbclatino.com/2012/08/06/opinion-why-dont-we-profile-white-nationalists/

JFrame
08-07-2012, 11:26
Opinion: Why donít we profile white nationalists?

I guess that Nuno guy hasn't heard about the 10-page internal report from Homeland Security which essentially does that...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/16/napolitano-stands-rightwing-extremism/

Cavalry Doc
08-07-2012, 11:30
Hasn't that been going for at least the last 3 years.

TBO
08-07-2012, 11:47
Yes it has.

JBnTX
08-07-2012, 13:53
An attack on white nationalism, or patriotism as it's more commonly called, is an attack on America.

There's nothing wrong with a little nationalistic pride in your country.

If some of these minorities loved this country and were loyal to this country, then maybe they'd understand what that means.

PettyOfficer
08-07-2012, 13:55
An attack on white nationalism, or patriotism as it's more commonly called, is an attack on America.

If some of these minorities loved this country and were loyal to this country, then maybe they'd understand what that means.

Getting my popcorn popper ready, pouring my soda, and waiting for you to flip out, this thread get locked, or nobody come near it with a 10' pole!

janice6
08-07-2012, 14:02
"We" will do whatever will gain the most votes.

walt cowan
08-08-2012, 09:07

it started under bush sr. it's nothing more than code for white genocide.

JBnTX
08-08-2012, 09:11
Getting my popcorn popper ready, pouring my soda, and waiting for you to flip out, this thread get locked, or nobody come near it with a 10' pole!

The truth is going to always rattle somebody's cage.

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 10:58
The truth is going to always rattle somebody's cage.

What truth do you speak of?

youngdocglock
08-08-2012, 11:05

Really? Im a Patriot..........im a State Militia Member...........i am not a racist. I am not a WHITE supremacist. I am not a white nationalist. I served my country overseas. I fought 10x more than any KKK member ever has for this country.........

sooooo here comes the pain.

what in all holy god forsaken hell makes you believe that a damn white supremacist is a "patriot" or an "American"......they are not. America is about EQUALITY and FREEDOM! I nor anyone else who has served fought for racists, we fought for freedom, we fought for our country! and if we had it our way, we would have a biggot free country and kick all you morons out free and clear. because your not needed and neither is your hatred. I fought in Afghanistan with "blacks"......how does that make you feel to know that your ability to sit at your computer and type this garbage was won by a "coon" as you call them?? Makes me FEEL GREAT!...ass

JBnTX
08-08-2012, 11:28
Really? Im a Patriot..........im a State Militia Member...........i am not a racist. I am not a WHITE supremacist. I am not a white nationalist. I served my country overseas. I fought 10x more than any KKK member ever has for this country.........

what in all holy god forsaken hell makes you believe that a damn white supremacist is a "patriot" or an "American"......they are not. America is about EQUALITY and FREEDOM! I nor anyone else who has served fought for racists, we fought for freedom, we fought for our country! and if we had it our way, we would have a biggot free country and kick all you morons out free and clear. because your not needed and neither is your hatred. I fought in Afghanistan with "blacks"......how does that make you feel to know that your ability to sit at your computer and type this garbage was won by a "coon" as you call them?? Makes me FEEL GREAT!...ass

Maybe you should read that article, look up the definition of nationalism and then re-read my post.

That article is racist as hell toward white people.
Just exchange the term white nationalist for black or hispanic and you'll see what I mean.

Most white people that are nationalists are just people that love their country.

It's not my fault that some people associate nationalism with skinheads, KKK and other hate groups.

I never said or implied anything about white supremacist, coons or any of that other garbage you threw all over me.

I was referring to minorities that openly express allegiance to some other country, and condemn and berate this fine country of ours.

Just as it's their right to express love for another country, I have an equal right to express my love for this country.

That's nationalism and the fact that I happen to be white does not mean I'm a racist, bigot or a hater as you and that article implies.

Maybe if we had a little more nationalism in this country, we'd all be better off.

I have a big problem with the term "white nationalist" being automatically connected to white supremacist and other hate groups.

Your rant is unjustified.
There's nothing wrong with being proud of this country.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-08-2012, 12:22
I haven't heard the word coon in awhile.

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 13:54
Maybe you should read that article, look up the definition of nationalism and then re-read my post.

That article is racist as hell toward white people.
Just exchange the term white nationalist for black or hispanic and you'll see what I mean.

Most white people that are nationalists are just people that love their country.

It's not my fault that some people associate nationalism with skinheads, KKK and other hate groups.

I never said or implied anything about white supremacist, coons or any of that other garbage you threw all over me.

I was referring to minorities that openly express allegiance to some other country, and condemn and berate this fine country of ours.

Just as it's their right to express love for another country, I have an equal right to express my love for this country.

That's nationalism and the fact that I happen to be white does not mean I'm a racist, bigot or a hater as you and that article implies.

Maybe if we had a little more nationalism in this country, we'd all be better off.

I have a big problem with the term "white nationalist" being automatically connected to white supremacist and other hate groups.

Your rant is unjustified.
There's nothing wrong with being proud of this country.

Do yourself a favor and re-read the final paragraph of that op-ed/commentary (I wouldn't call it an article).

Do you know what a paragraph is, what about an op-ed or commentary?

Do you know what 'tongue-in-cheek' means? Do you know how to identify it when you see it?

How about sarcasm? It's different than tongue-in-cheek, but similarly confusing to the simpleminded.

The author is just sick of being harrased/profiled because of his skin color in the state of Arizona.

He's an American, hell, he could probably trace his ancestry in Arizona longer than you can in North America.

As an American, he's seeing his family and friends and other people who look like him be harassed and profiled as illegal immigrants.

So he used his wit to turn the tables and draw a stark contrast to his personal situation to stimulate a discussion.

Do you know what 'wit' is?

JBnTX
08-08-2012, 14:12
Do yourself a favor and re-read the final paragraph of that op-ed/commentary (I wouldn't call it an article).

Do you know what a paragraph is, what about an op-ed or commentary?

Do you know what 'tongue-in-cheek' means? Do you know how to identify it when you see it?

How about sarcasm? It's different than tongue-in-cheek, but similarly confusing to the simpleminded.

The author is just sick of being harrased/profiled because of his skin color in the state of Arizona.

He's an American, hell, he could probably trace his ancestry in Arizona longer than you can in North America.

As an American, he's seeing his family and friends and other people who look like him be harassed and profiled as illegal immigrants.

So he used his wit to turn the tables and draw a stark contrast to his personal situation to stimulate a discussion.

Do you know what 'wit' is?

Don't let that last paragraph fool you.

His first sentence reads, "Perhaps we need an internment camp for white folks", and then he starts backtracking all the way down to his final "out" in case someone accuses him of racism.

Janet Napolitano and others like the author of that article have already started the ball rolling.

It started with profiling the bad white people like the KKK and other hate groups, now it has already spread to include veterans, gun owners, Christians and conservatives as potential terrorists.

Remember that report the Department of Homeland Security put out that called returning veterans potential terrorists?

Their propaganda has already started to work.
For example:

I stated I'm a nationalist and you and a couple others automatically identified me with white supremacy and other hate groups, when all I meant was I love and identify with my country's values and traditions.

Make no mistake that article is not wit, sarcasm or a parody,
it's a thinly disguised racial suggestion to profile white people.

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 14:53

You associate patriotism with 'white nationalism' which is nearly identical as 'white pride', which is 100% associated with hate groups.

Uh, yeah, 'white nationalism'. Sure.

Yes it does... See above examples.

Stop using 'white' when you refer to nationalism or patriotism: by strictly referencing white, you are referencing specific race. If you want, you could say 'European' nationalism, because Latinos are a group based on being from LATIN AMERICA, not just for skin color. You're from Europe or Russia based on your heritage, but nobody mistakes you for being a communist for being white.

You're seriously, severely misguided.

Lastly: the author is pi***d off, and rightly so, but they also specify that they are talking about a minority of white people. those who have a chip on their shoulder and self-identify as white without being asked. Those that make sure you know they're white even though their skin color is apparent.

He also specifically takes the time to say that most whites are good people, and I would hope you agree that most blacks, Latinos, Asians, middle-easterners, etc are nice law abiding people too.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:01
Just so I have this right,

"You associate patriotism with 'white nationalism' which is nearly identical as 'white pride', which is 100% associated with hate groups."

Is it the word "pride" that makes it a hate group, like the black pride movement of the late 60's and 70's, or the gay pride movement today?

Or is it the word "white" that identifies it as a hate group, since they aren't entitled to have pride?

BenjiEDF
08-08-2012, 15:09

"You associate patriotism with 'white nationalism' which is nearly identical as 'white pride', which is 100% associated with hate groups."

Is it the word "pride" that makes it a hate group, like the black pride movement of the late 60's and 70's, or the gay pride movement today?

Or is it the word "white" that identifies it as a hate group, since they aren't entitled to have pride?

But "some of my best friends are white" surely I cannot be racist :rofl:

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:20
But "some of my best friends are white" surely I cannot be racist :rofl:

Mighty white of you to say so. Just don't let one of them date your sister:supergrin:

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 15:22

When a group, such as racist skin heads, predominantly use the words 'white pride', it because de facto associated with them.

Gay used to mean joyous and happy - think Flintstones 'we'll have a gay old time'. It was taken and used to describe homosexuals, and now the word gay is de facto homosexual.

So when I hear 'white pride' or 'white nationalism', it's de facto associated with bigots and racists.

If you are not a bigot or racist, then you need to educate yourself on the culture you live in and stop using phrases that automatically self-associate with those groups.

If you're not a racist and you use such terms, then you are just an idiot and clueless to what those words mean to everybody else.

And yes, as an American 'black pride' is insulting to me, it's separationist, it's isolationist, it says "Eff You" if you don't look like me. However, the NAACP and other peaceful movements and organizations do not use that offensive phrase. You shouldn't use 'white pride' for the same reason.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:35
When a group, such as racist skin heads, predominantly use the words 'white pride', it because de facto associated with them.

Gay used to mean joyous and happy - think Flintstones 'we'll have a gay old time'. It was taken and used to describe homosexuals, and now the word gay is de facto homosexual.

So when I hear 'white pride' or 'white nationalism', it's de facto associated with bigots and racists.

If you are not a bigot or racist, then you need to educate yourself on the culture you live in and stop using phrases that automatically self-associate with those groups.

If you're not a racist and you use such terms, then you are just an idiot and clueless to what those words mean to everybody else.

And yes, as an American 'black pride' is insulting to me, it's separationist, it's isolationist, it says "Eff You" if you don't look like me. However, the NAACP and other peaceful movements and organizations do not use that offensive phrase. You shouldn't use 'white pride' for the same reason.

You have a hard time, not only seperating your opinion from "everybody's" , but don't seem to want to see in what context something is MEANT because you already have your mind made up as to what it means. Isn't that called "prejudice"?

JFrame
08-08-2012, 15:37

This, I can agree with. I see nothing wrong with Americans having a sense of pride in whatever quality or characteristic they think uniquely characterizes them -- ancestry, heritage, national origin, etc.

It's when it becomes exclusionary, in-your-face, and intended as a form of militant advocacy for entitlements or special treatment, I take issue.

So enjoy who you are ("you" in the general sense of all people), and spend a "day" reveling in whatever unique identity you perceive yourself as having. But the next day, please go back to just being an American.

TKM
08-08-2012, 16:05
Is this the part where I mention my white friends from Africa?:upeyes:

One of whom recently retired from the USMC as a Major.

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 16:06
You have a hard time, not only seperating your opinion from "everybody's" , but don't seem to want to see in what context something is MEANT because you already have your mind made up as to what it means. Isn't that called "prejudice"?

Hah... Nice spin control... But no. Ask anybody at a mall or in a multi-cultural/metropolitan city what 'white pride' is and my definition of 'everybody' will be statistically appropriate.

Just google 'white pride' and the first thing that pops up is a Wikipedia page "white pride is a slogan indicating pride in being white", duh. "The slogan has been adopted by neo-nazi and white supremacist organizations".

They adopted it and took it for their own meaning and now it's de facto racist.

Here's a question that you won't answer: after you have an orgasm, would you consider yourself gay? I know I'm the happiest person on the planet after I have one off, but wouldn't use that phrase. The term has been adopted/co-opted by the homosexual community and it's new meaning is accepted by "everybody".

I dare you to tell everybody you know at your next birthday party how gay you are and are excited they are all there with you.

80 years ago that was perfectly accepted verbiage.

JBnTX
08-08-2012, 16:15

That's the point I'm trying to communicate.
...and doing a piss poor job.

Right now the terms 'white pride' and 'white nationalism', are associated with bigots and racists.

But very soon, if liberals like Janet Napolitano, Eric Holder and others get their way, the term nationalism by itself will be a flag word for hate, bigotry and terrorism.

It's already fashionable to bad mouth and find things wrong with this country, it's government and it's people.

It seems that to be on the correct side of politics, you have to hate this "racist" country and want things changed. That article plays right into that concept.

A person like myself who sees nothing wrong with this country is rapidly becoming the bad guy, and is being associated with hate groups.

Because I'm white, Christian, anti-gay, pro-life, pro-gun and conservative, I'm automatically a hater, a bigot and a homophobic.

That article suggests that I be profiled and kept track of.
The liberal left is winning the battle for the minds of Americans.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 16:25
Hah... Nice spin control... But no. Ask anybody at a mall or in a multi-cultural/metropolitan city what 'white pride' is and my definition of 'everybody' will be statistically appropriate.

Just google 'white pride' and the first thing that pops up is a Wikipedia page "white pride is a slogan indicating pride in being white", duh. "The slogan has been adopted by neo-nazi and white supremacist organizations".

They adopted it and took it for their own meaning and now it's de facto racist.

Here's a question that you won't answer: after you have an orgasm, would you consider yourself gay? I know I'm the happiest person on the planet after I have one off, but wouldn't use that phrase. The term has been adopted/co-opted by the homosexual community and it's new meaning is accepted by "everybody".

I dare you to tell everybody you know at your next birthday party how gay you are and are excited they are all there with you.

80 years ago that was perfectly accepted verbiage.

I am old enough to remember when "gay" had a different connotation.

I think that perpetuating the misuse of the term "White Pride" and surrendering it, in the face of so many other "acceptable" uses of "Pride" is both a social and linguistic faux pas. It removes, the ability of a white person to express pride in their heritage. It is a shame that they seem to be singled out for this distinction. It is one of those cases of a term, who's meaning doesn't have to change unless we let it.

It might not seem practically possible but it is a shame to let the neagative groups take that term an misuse it.

BTW I don't hang out in malls, in fact we don't have any, and the use of that term in my area wouldn't quite raise the eyebrows as it seems to in the urban jungle.

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 18:06
That's the point I'm trying to communicate.
...and doing a piss poor job.

Right now the terms 'white pride' and 'white nationalism', are associated with bigots and racists.

But very soon, if liberals like Janet Napolitano, Eric Holder and others get their way, the term nationalism by itself will be a flag word for hate, bigotry and terrorism.

It's already fashionable to bad mouth and find things wrong with this country, it's government and it's people.

It seems that to be on the correct side of politics, you have to hate this "racist" country and want things changed. That article plays right into that concept.

A person like myself who sees nothing wrong with this country is rapidly becoming the bad guy, and is being associated with hate groups.

Because I'm white, Christian, anti-gay, pro-life, pro-gun and conservative, I'm automatically a hater, a bigot and a homophobic.

That article suggests that I be profiled and kept track of.
The liberal left is winning the battle for the minds of Americans.

A reasonable and well articulated response... Cheers. We're on the same page now. I may not agree with the degree of your argument but I understand your position better. I'm glad this didn't get out of hand.

Edited "never stand" to "under stand", Doh!

PettyOfficer
08-08-2012, 18:10
BTW I don't hang out in malls, in fact we don't have any, and the use of that term in my area wouldn't quite raise the eyebrows as it seems to in the urban jungle.

My point was that the majority defines the connotations, and the majority lives in close proximity in suburbs and urban jungles, and that encourages social interaction and dispersion of accepted interpretation. Hence my loose use of the word everybody.

JFrame
08-08-2012, 18:12
Is this the part where I mention my white friends from Africa?:upeyes:

One of whom recently retired from the USMC as a Major.

I don't care for her politics, but I think Charlize Theron is an outstanding African actress... :)

auto-5
08-08-2012, 20:13
Is White National the new term for raciest POS.

walt cowan
08-09-2012, 06:03
I haven't heard the word coon in awhile.

really slow at dhs? huh?:fishing:

callihan_44
08-09-2012, 06:20
TEAPARTY: accused of massive racism- predicted will be involved in deadly violence...REALITY: not one peep of either....Flag waving patriots wanting to protect the constitution and stop the massive debt.....and lets see MISSOURI: if you fit the above profile WE ARE WATCHING YOU

series1811
08-09-2012, 06:23

"Raciest?"

No, I think the term for that is "Grand National".

JFrame
08-09-2012, 06:28
TEAPARTY: accused of massive racism- predicted will be involved in deadly violence...REALITY: not one peep of either....Flag waving patriots wanting to protect the constitution and stop the massive debt.....and lets see MISSOURI: if you fit the above profile WE ARE WATCHING YOU

The TEA Party rallies I've been at -- the folks there are SO concerned about obeying all laws and projecting the right image, that they'll police the grounds they're rallying on and leave it cleaner than when they got there.

At one rally, a yoot in what I would guess to be his late teens (baggy pants and T-shirt, knit cap -- the standard uniform) tried to infiltrate a cluster of people and deposit a load of shredded paper on the ground. He wasn't too deft at doing that (I'm guessing he wasn't too deft at much of anything), and was spotted by a couple of legitimate ralliers who got in his face and screamed at him to pick up his trash. He feigned ignorance of the papers. The ralliers continued to challenge him, and also started yelling for the park police (others joined in). The yoot decided that his act was going nowhere, and promptly scurried away. One of the gentlemen who had confronted him scooped up the trash he had left behind.

I'm sure that yoot went on to become a distinguished member of the OWS movement... :upeyes:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-09-2012, 07:44
really slow at dhs? huh?:fishing:

It was actually a reference to the preceding posts, but it's always interesting to see the insecurities elicited by such words.

maxsnafu
08-09-2012, 08:14

In short, you must use ONLY that language approved by your politically correct masters. Anything else and you're a racist.

countrygun
08-09-2012, 12:12
In short, you must use ONLY that language approved by your politically correct masters. Anything else and you're a racist.

C'mon it makes it so handy for politicians and the media to be able to dismiss those they don't like if everyone simply accepts the labels as they are told to.

countrygun
08-09-2012, 12:14

No, they are still trying to use "Tea Party" for that.

Kablam
08-09-2012, 16:07

"Lighten up Francis." Nobody called anybody a "coon" except you (that's just SO racist). Thank you for your service, but don't oversell it. I spent a career in the military, and I'll tell you that it was not the pristine cross section of our society, cultural cross section that you tried to make it out to be. Plenty of racists in the military and there will never be a bigot free society. HTFU a little.

And to address the tongue and cheek nature of the article...nothing tongue and cheek about it. Dr. Nunoz (his PhD from a match book cover perhaps...one would think so from his writing style) is a 21st century racist and he wrote what he meant. It's okay to be proud of your heritage, and that goes for whites as well as non-whites (pick your favorite oppressed groups here). A "neo-racist" perhaps?