Obama’s “Lost Years” at Columbia, New Questions from Classmate [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s “Lost Years” at Columbia, New Questions from Classmate

Flying-Dutchman
08-07-2012, 11:27
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/obama%E2%80%99s-college-classmate-the-obama-scandal-is-at-columbia/

A former classmate of Obama’s (Columbia class of 1983) in the same program as Barry Soetoro (as he was known then) never met him. Never saw him. Never heard of him.

400 classmates at Columbia were randomly called by Fox News and no one ever met Obama.

From the article:

“Romney should call a press conference and issue a challenge in front of the nation. He should agree to release more of his tax returns, only if Obama unseals his college records. Simple and straight-forward. Mitt should ask “What could possibly be so embarrassing in your college records from 29 years ago that you are afraid to let America’s voters see? If it’s THAT bad, maybe it’s something the voters ought to see.”

My bet is that Obama will never unseal his records because they contain information that could destroy his chances for re-election. Once this challenge is made public, my prediction is you’ll never hear about Mitt’s tax returns ever again.”

jeanderson
08-07-2012, 11:35
It is no exaggeration to say that Obama's entire life is made up. There are many stories like this.

When you have a blank piece of paper, you can project onto it just about any image you want. This is precisely what many in the electorate did in 2008, with the aid of an admittedly brilliant campaign. In 2012, there is a clearer picture of who he is. And his campaign is focused solely on smearing the other candidate. I am betting this strategy will fail, but only if America decides to wake up to what is really going on here.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 11:44
It is no exaggeration to say that Obama's entire life is made up. There are many stories like this.

When you have a blank piece of paper, you can project onto it just about any image you want. This is precisely what many in the electorate did in 2008, with the aid of an admittedly brilliant campaign. In 2012, there is a clearer picture of who he is. And his campaign is focused solely on smearing the other candidate. I am betting this strategy will fail, but only if America decides to wake up to what is really going on here.

I have one otherwise educated and articulate friend who voted for Obama largely on the "brilliance" of his "autobiography," Dreams from my Father. I recently asked him how he felt about the book likely being written by William Ayers. I also asked him whether the utter stylistic differences of Dreams and Audacity of Hope bothered him. He offered neither defense nor rebuttal -- just gave me a blank look.

He did allow as to how he would "probably not" vote for Obama this time around... :supergrin:

TBO
08-07-2012, 11:46
A Gentleman's C requires no presence on campus, nor in class.

automatic slim
08-07-2012, 11:48
I have one otherwise educated and articulate friend who voted for Obama largely on the "brilliance" of his "autobiography," Dreams from my Father. I recently asked him how he felt about the book likely being written by William Ayers. I also asked him whether the utter stylistic differences of Dreams and Audacity of Hope bothered him. He offered neither defense nor rebuttal -- just gave me a blank look.

He did allow as to how he would "probably not" vote for Obama this time around... :supergrin:

So, your friend wasn't a racist, and now he is?

:supergrin::wavey:

JFrame
08-07-2012, 11:53

Somehow, "Gentleman's C's" just doesn't jibe with the "most brilliant person ever to ascend to the Oval Office"... :whistling:

JFrame
08-07-2012, 11:56

:supergrin::wavey:

:supergrin:

Heh...Among other things, I think "racist" is about the worst thing you could call him.

I think his entire world view was formulated by Norman Lear sitcoms...

series1811
08-07-2012, 11:58
Well, when you think back on how many people in fairly high placed jobs, have been fired, when it was found that they completely fabricated their degree(s) or grades, it should make you go, "Hmmmm" when someone like Obama is so desperate to keep information that seems so innocuous, from seeing the light of day.

We have all seen high achievers who made low grades in college. No one would be worried about anyone seeing that.

So, what could it be?

Applying for, and getting, scholarship money as a foreign exchange student would certainly be something that would have seemed harmless at the time, but that Obama would be ruined by if it saw the light of day now (since one of two things would have to be true, A. false claim of foreign citizenship, or B. true claim of foreign citizenship).

Either one would be political dynamite.

Once you have done a few SSBIs and seen the things people have in their background that they thought no one would find out about, there is little that can surprise you. Nothing like the rush when looking over an SF-86 when you see a big blank spot in someones background. Because, you know what it means (and normally, they are pretty boring, otherwise). :supergrin:

IvanVic
08-07-2012, 11:58

What he said.

My guess is that Obama/Romney aren't releasing these records because they perceive their content to be harmful. In Obama's case, it's probably because he had poor grades, and in Romney's case, even though I am sure he complied with the law, his effective rate may have been much lower than what the average middle class American pays.

In any event, these are just distractions from real issues.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 12:05
What he said.

My guess is that Obama/Romney aren't releasing these records because they perceive their content to be harmful. In Obama's case, it's probably because he had poor grades, and in Romney's case, even though I am sure he complied with the law, his effective rate may have been much lower than what the average middle class American pays.

I tend to disagree. If it was just a matter of hiding grades, that's one thing. But he's also sealed all of his student writings. My sense is that there is more to the lack of transparency than "I don't want to be found out that I'm a C student." Al Gore was a pompous ass and prided himself on his intellect -- but he still let his transcripts be known.

Perhaps -- perhaps not. If the revelation of the contents proved significant enough to derail his candidacy, it would constitute more than a distraction.

I'm not dwelling on this issue, you understand -- but I wouldn't dismiss it with a flick of my hand either.

SPIN2010
08-07-2012, 12:07
LOL You know the real issue I would bring up is this:

"Would you hire either of these guys (or any of the people now elected) to run your business, take care of your money, and defend your community?"

Maybe that ought to be a real qualification for our leaders these days. I don't care if you went to an all expense paid sissy school to learn how to cheat and lie. I care about things like what have you been a leader of men and how did it fair?

The majority of the people in the USA are so confused it is scary. If this ignorance continues the United States is doomed.

TBO
08-07-2012, 12:09
George W. Bush's transcripts were public.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 12:10
George W. Bush's transcripts were public.

Yeah -- and his grades were somewhat better than Al Gore's... :supergrin:

jeanderson
08-07-2012, 12:13

:rofl: ... good one!

Cavalry Doc
08-07-2012, 12:24
What he said.

I'm not so sure. Where there is smoke, occasionally there is fire.

Let's see it and then dismiss it if it is much to do about nothing.

http://blog.jonolan.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/show-me.jpg

:popcorn:

TBO
08-07-2012, 12:30
:number1:

countrygun
08-07-2012, 12:32
What he said.

Grades are the least important part of the trancripts and way below interest compared to his admission application, for instance.

IvanVic
08-07-2012, 12:52
I tend to disagree. If it was just a matter of hiding grades, that's one thing. But he's also sealed all of his student writings.

This could definitely be part of it, but this was also before the internet. I'm not sure what would be left of any given student's papers, being that they were not put online. I'm also taking into consideration that, based on how he governs and what he says, his college papers would only confirm what we already know about his stance on government.

series1811
08-07-2012, 12:55
This could definitely be part of it, but this was also before the internet. I'm not sure what would be left of any given student's papers, being that they were not put online. I'm also taking into consideration that, based on how he governs and what he says, his college papers would only confirm what we already know about his stance on government.

I agree. If there is a problem there, it is most likely related to either what he put on his application to get accepted, or to get scholarships.

sopdan
08-07-2012, 13:00

I believe things like thesis papers for higher degrees are often kept on permanent record. I know that my dad's master's thesis had to be bound into hardcover format for the university to keep. (and it wasn't an Ivy League school by any means)

countrygun
08-07-2012, 13:05
Something just keeps popping into my head. Probably one of you said it already and it stuck, but,

This man has a freaking "hit list". He can pick up a phone and someone ends up dead. Every single person in the chain of command from him, right to the dead body has been vetted, and investigate and has a higher security clearance than he does. None of them would be in a position to do their jobs if their backrounds were as "blank" as his.

In other words the one guy least qualified to even BE in thechain of command is the one at the top

There is something very wrong here.

aircarver
08-07-2012, 13:31
In other words the one guy least qualified to even BE in thechain of command is the one at the top

Get elected and you're golden .... :frown:

Guss
08-07-2012, 13:34
I'd be surprised if more than a dozen people remembered me from college.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 14:20

I believe things like thesis papers for higher degrees are often kept on permanent record. I know that my dad's master's thesis had to be bound into hardcover format for the university to keep. (and it wasn't an Ivy League school by any means)

Yup -- 28 years ago, I was told, in no uncertain terms by the Dean of Graduate Studies, that my Master's thesis had to be typed on 100% cotton fiber 20# bond paper, so that it would be acid- and age-resistant -- specifically for the purpose of preserving it for posterity in the university library archives. I assume it's still there to be dug up by anyone who cares...And I haven't sealed mine... :supergrin:

But, as others have noted, I'm inclined to think now that there is something else in Obama's school records that's causing him to keep everything under lock and key. If you open a can of worms, the problem is letting out only the worms you want...

series1811
08-07-2012, 14:33
Something just keeps popping into my head. Probably one of you said it already and it stuck, but,

This man has a freaking "hit list". He can pick up a phone and someone ends up dead. Every single person in the chain of command from him, right to the dead body has been vetted, and investigate and has a higher security clearance than he does. None of them would be in a position to do their jobs if their backrounds were as "blank" as his.

The politicians knew that when they passed the National Security Act that it would have to have an exception for politicians with background problems, or none of them would ever see a piece of classified material again.

And, it is amazing when you think about it, that the least trustworthy people, security wise, are the ones that we are reporting our intelligence to. It does make the whole classification system somewhat of a farce, with Obama being the biggest farce of all.

series1811
08-07-2012, 14:34
I'd be surprised if more than a dozen people remembered me from college.

None of us here have any problem believing that. :supergrin:

Chuck TX
08-07-2012, 15:19
The politicians knew that when they passed the National Security Act that it would have to have an exception for politicians with background problems, or none of them would ever see a piece of classified material again.

And, it is amazing when you think about it, that the least trustworthy people, security wise, are the ones that we are reporting our intelligence to. It does make the whole classification system somewhat of a farce, with Obama being the biggest farce of all.

It's upside down and flat out ridiculous. A background check should be part of the requirement for holding any office. Of course, most of them would then be out of a job. Which would be a good thing.

jakebrake
08-07-2012, 15:34
suppose his mother had renounced her citizenship, and he in fact got a foreign exchange scholarship...

automatic slim
08-07-2012, 15:46
Maybe he wrote a thesis that would rival the works of Karl Marx.......I guess we'll never know.

callihan_44
08-07-2012, 17:43
my guess obama rode the foreign exchange student gravy train into college

series1811
08-07-2012, 21:03

That would easily explain the unexplainable. Namely, what is so darned bad in those records that would make taking the heat for not releasing them worth it to Obama.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 21:08

I find it shocking that you would suggest that a politician from Chicago would have had anything like fraud and deception in his background before he was elected.

Flintlocker
08-07-2012, 23:36
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/columbia.asp

Flying-Dutchman
08-08-2012, 04:45
Then Obama has nothing to hide and needs to release his records specifically his student aid records.

Tainted Snopes is an apologist regarding Obama’s Connecticut Social Security number.

If Snopes wants to prop up their dying reputation as a trusted source let them produce Obama’s first passport, date of issue and Social Security number used on the application.

Since Baskin-Robbins confirmed Obama worked there they should have Obama’s SS number too.

IvanVic
08-08-2012, 05:21
Tainted Snopes is an apologist regarding Obama’s Connecticut Social Security number.

What do you mean? Snopes is "tainted" because it doesn't support your obviously skewed view of reality?

series1811
08-08-2012, 05:23

Might want to actually read the thread, and then read snopes, to see if the issues even match, next time.

Plus, I don't know anywhere except internet discussion boards where snopes or wikipedia is considered a reliable or credible source (I was sure wouldn't put it on an affidavit).

But, you have to give the truth squadders credit for never stopping believing. They are loyal, if nothing else.

IvanVic
08-08-2012, 05:40
Might want to actually read the thread, and then read snopes, to see if the issues even match, next time.

Plus, I don't know anywhere except internet discussion boards where snopes or wikipedia is considered a reliable or credible source (I was sure wouldn't put it on an affidavit).

But, you have to give the truth squadders credit for never stopping believing. They are loyal, if nothing else.

Every source out there including Fox has debunked these ridiculous social security number myths. When people start veering off the course of legitimate concerns and start repeating this nonsense it just makes it harder for the rest of us who have concerns about Obama's past to be taken seriously.

Flying-Dutchman
08-08-2012, 06:16
What do you mean? Snopes is "tainted" because it doesn't support your obviously skewed view of reality?
The Snopes explanations are very thin and unconvincing. I found the same information in a 30 second search.

Is that all there is on this guy?

I know he has a couple of embossed papers with the names Harvard and Columbia.

Obama’s mentor Harvard professor Laurence Tribe said Obama did not have to take exams as he was above those blue bookers (other students). Obama just chatted with him in this office.

Obama was given special treatment.

From drug taking bad student at Occidental to genius at Columbia and top 10% at Harvard Law is quite a leap.

Are there no curious reporters?

Obama has blocked all attempts to have his school records released at great cost. Why?

series1811
08-08-2012, 06:24
Every source out there including Fox has debunked these ridiculous social security number myths. When people start veering off the course of legitimate concerns and start repeating this nonsense it just makes it harder for the rest of us who have concerns about Obama's past to be taken seriously.

A lot of the questions that surround Obama are about identity issues that happen, and are uncovered, on a regular and continuing basis in our country.

The fraudulent use of social security numbers has reached epic proportions. One of the most telling things you can do, until a few years ago, when the rules tightened up on what information companies could provide, was to run a social security number alone, through a data mining program, and see by how many people, and for what, a particular number had been used for.

One thing I saw over and over again, as one example, was people, mostly illegal immigrant workers, using dead people's social security numbers to credit their withholding taxes to, and the IRS not caring at all!

I don't know what you have seen that makes you think Obama's social security number is not suspect. I know, as a former federal agent, who used to conduct SSBIs, I haven't seen anything that would make me quit digging if the same social security number inconsistencies showed up on an SF-86 and a SSBI as have shown up on Obama's number (and my boss would have laughed me out of the building if I had attached a printout from Snopes as any authority).

The same with a lot of other stuff in Obama's background. Obama has never been vetted, in any way, by anybody.

That doesn't bother some people, but it does bother some of us (especial those who used to be in the IC where you live and breathe clearance and NTK).

Flying-Dutchman
08-08-2012, 06:28
I agree. Let’s deal with the present.

What is Obama’s plan for the next 4 years? Why should anyone vote for him?

Is there an untold plan far worse in store for us than the current disaster and the reason he is not telling us about his plans?

But since Obama wants to play doctor with Romney (show me yours but I won’t show you mine) let the games begin.

walt cowan
08-08-2012, 08:59
does barry or anyone on team obama have a connection to penn state or sanduski? quite a few phd's in that program. :whistling: