http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

DonGlock26
08-07-2012, 11:37
Dude, it's the Huff Po.

_

Brucev
08-07-2012, 11:53
This is about right. The squatter does not need to do anything except get kalifornia and ny... and then a few lesser states. He'll win because he'll put the states with the larger numbers in the electorial college. No one needs a majority of the vote to win. They only need a majority of the electorial college. And given the way things are shaping up, the squatter will get the votes in the electorial college.

Glock!9
08-07-2012, 11:58
Dude, it's the Huff Po.

_I know, but sadly i think its fairly accurate.

jeanderson
08-07-2012, 12:22
You choose...

Huffington Post:
Obama: 281 Romney: 191 Toss-up: 66

Rasmussen Reports:
Obama: 247 Romney: 206 Toss-up: 85

beforeobamabans
08-07-2012, 12:45
A lot of these polls are biased. Part of Obama's win strategy is for the MSM to pound into the public the idea that an Obama win is inevitable and it ain't so bad. People will vote for the devil they know rather than take a chance on an unknown who demonstrates something less than strong convictions. This is why NO ONE on this forum was a Romney supporter before the GOP debates started. His support is entirely ABO and that's not enough to get you elected to the White House. An incumbent president is a powerful entity that won't be easily dislodged.

jeanderson
08-07-2012, 13:09
A lot of these polls are biased. Part of Obama's win strategy is for the MSM to pound into the public the idea that an Obama win is inevitable and it ain't so bad. People will vote for the devil they know rather than take a chance on an unknown who demonstrates something less than strong convictions. This is why NO ONE on this forum was a Romney supporter before the GOP debates started. His support is entirely ABO and that's not enough to get you elected to the White House. An incumbent president is a powerful entity that won't be easily dislodged.
Calling someone at home and asking them how they would vote, and actually going to the trouble to go out and vote - are two different things. Don't discount that fact that Obama's base isn't nearly as motivated as they were in 2008.

My counter to your "Obama is the inevitable winner" idea is that the less motivated Obama supporters may come to the same conclusion - and not bother to vote.

aircarver
08-07-2012, 13:37
My counter to your "Obama is the inevitable winner" idea is that the less motivated Obama supporters may come to the same conclusion - and not bother to vote.

Yep. This is the unknowable in playing 'gametime'

blk69stang
08-07-2012, 13:41
This election was handed to the Republicans on a silver platter. The presidency was theirs to lose. They sure seem to be trying REALLY hard to not get a republican elected President, and so far it's working.

BuckyP
08-07-2012, 13:43
I know, but sadly i think its fairly accurate.

Wisconsin leans Obama? :dunno:

The other side is, not that they vote for Obama, but if they think he's inevitable, they won't "waist" their time voting. We can be quite lazy.

On the other hand, the ABO force is extremely strong now. Could be enough overthrow him.

Bren
08-07-2012, 14:02
Don't discount that fact that Obama's base isn't nearly as motivated as they were in 2008.

And, add to that, who do you think is more likely to sleep in on election day in any election - paroleees in a housing project, or Republicans?

brickboy240
08-07-2012, 15:14
It is hard to believe that states like PA, OH and MI are going to line up and vote for this moron again.

Haven't you all had enough? Its not as if your state economies are anything like ours.

-brickboy240

BuckyP
08-07-2012, 15:39
It is hard to believe that states like PA, OH and MI are going to line up and vote for this moron again.

Haven't you all had enough? Its not as if your state economies are anything like ours.

-brickboy240

We need to give Philly to Maryland. Then we'd be a red state.