Glock 21 Gen4 Erratic Ejection Thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Gen4 Erratic Ejection Thread

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 12:50
I have a G21 Gen4. I now have 300rds through it with numerous brass to the head, face and shoulder. Im not sure if I am the only one with this problem, or the only one to admit it, but it is happening. Hopefully others will come foward.

1st range trip:
100rds AE FMJ 230gr at indoor range. Did notice brass to the head/face/shoulder. Did not pay attention because I am so used to brass bouncing off the partitions and hitting me.

2nd range trip:
50rds PMC FMJ 230gr and 50rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr. at outdoor range. No PMC brass to the head. About 5-6 alum blazer casings to the head/face. Maybe 2 Blazer casings to the shoulder.

3rd range trip:
50 rds Independence FMJ 230gr and 50 rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr at outdoor range. About 15 casing to the head/face from both brass and aluminum casings. About 6 casings from both brass and aluminum to the shoulder.

PAGunner
08-07-2012, 15:27
Wow that really sucks, and here I thought the 21 was immune from BtF, Glock needs to get their stuff together.

Opie 1 Kenopie
08-07-2012, 15:39
I must be blessed, because I've never had brass come back on me with ANY of my many Glocks using ANY ammo, EVER. My guess is the weak ammo you buy for the range. Either that or you're holding it pimp style.

cowboy1964
08-07-2012, 15:42
My guess is the weak ammo you buy for the range. Either that or you're holding it pimp style.

Well, that was fast, we only made it to the 2nd reply.

Let's say you're right.... why do no other guns have such a problem with "weak ammo" or grip? Is Glock just junk?

SPIN2010
08-07-2012, 15:48
Maybe some close up pictures of the G4 G21 mechanism (ejector, extractor, and breechface) would help the naysayers. I know it would help me. :supergrin:

DeLo
08-07-2012, 15:59
Weak ammo.

Beretta92guy
08-07-2012, 16:02
Oh, for cryin'-out-loud....NOW its the .45's!!!!!!!

and to think, i almost chose a G21sf over a XDm.....

glad i chose the latter.....

PAGunner
08-07-2012, 16:10
Weak ammo.

Weak extractor.

WinterWizard
08-07-2012, 16:29
OP, do you have video to prove or disprove your claim? Without video, I suspect it is may just be ricochets off the partition wall. Sometimes ejection is so hard and the ricochet so fast, I could see where it feels like ejection straight to the face or upper body, when in fact it's not. Or has someone witnessed your problem?

In any event, this looks like the first instance of erratic ejection with a G21 gen4 that has popped up on GT, with probably thousands of guns sold most likely. Hardly an "issue" unless quite a few more pop up.

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 16:35
Wow that really sucks, and here I thought the 21 was immune from BtF, Glock needs to get their stuff together.

It does not really bother me that much as it has had no failures. Also, it is a range gun for me, not a HD/SD weapon. I use my 19 gen4 for that. Anyway, Im really interested to see if any one else has experienced this.

And yes, I shoot gangsta style.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 16:38
OP, do you have video to prove or disprove your claim? Without video, I suspect it is may just be ricochets off the partition wall. Sometimes ejection is so hard and the ricochet so fast, I could see where it feels like ejection straight to the face or upper body, when in fact it's not. Or has someone witnessed your problem?

In any event, this looks like the first instance of erratic ejection with a G21 gen4 that has popped up on GT, with probably thousands of guns sold most likely. Hardly an "issue" unless quite a few more pop up.

Re-read my original post. I cover the partition ricochet. The second and third range trips were an outdoor range with no partitions. I watched the casings coming straight back.

If someone here in NJ wants to video it while I shoot it, I can meet up at cherry ridge range.

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 16:41
Maybe some close up pictures of the G4 G21 mechanism (ejector, extractor, and breechface) would help the naysayers. I know it would help me. :supergrin:

You saying I don't have a G21 G4?

You got me.

Anyway, I will post some pics later this evening.

RevDerb
08-07-2012, 16:45
I feel cheated! My G21 Gen. 2.5 throws everything to the right. Then I have to bend over and pick them up. If they came at my head, maybe I could catch some of them and save myself the bending.

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 17:32

Hahahaha. I sold my perfect ejecting G21SF for the Gen4.

WinterWizard
08-07-2012, 17:59

Are you serious?

Larry V
08-07-2012, 18:06
I must be blessed, because I've never had brass come back on me with ANY of my many Glocks using ANY ammo, EVER. My guess is the weak ammo you buy for the range. Either that or you're holding it pimp style.

I have to agree as I have had the same experience. I own 22 Glocks both Gen 3 and 4 and never have brass to the face or any other issues. I believe that alot of it has to do with Grip. Just my 2 cents

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 18:21
Are you serious?

NO. That was just me being a wise ass.

diamondd2
08-07-2012, 18:45

I cant get any close up pictures to come out clear.

Here is a breakdown of the parts it came with:

0-7-2 RSA
8196-2 Ejector
Non-Dip extractor (#3 on the bridge)
. Connector
Smooth Trigger Face

I guess I will be polishing the extractor and filing down the shoulder. Oh well.

Doughnutman_923
08-07-2012, 22:31
Man, and I thought I was GTG with getting a GLOCK45.....what I've always wanted. :crying:

Guess it's time to get an H&K USP....the other pistol I've always wanted. :whistling:

Doughnutman_923
08-07-2012, 22:33
I guess I will be polishing the extractor and filing down the shoulder. Oh well.

I tried that on my G19..........made things worse. I hope it goes different for you.

Just make sure to have another extractor...just in case.

Socks tear
08-08-2012, 09:02
Weak ammo.

and not enough rounds throuh it to break it in. Don't shoot one box and whine people

OctoberRust
08-08-2012, 09:24

http://www.lilomaternity.com/blog/images/baby-crying.jpg

cowboy1964
08-08-2012, 09:38
I have to agree as I have had the same experience. I own 22 Glocks both Gen 3 and 4 and never have brass to the face or any other issues. I believe that alot of it has to do with Grip. Just my 2 cents

Sick of this grip excuse. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE! Ok, it's due to a poor grip. You're basically saying Glocks are junk because they require perfect shooting fundamentals to operate correctly. None of my other guns do.

Does hickok45 have a poor grip? Go watch some of his Glock videos and see how poorly cases eject. I've posted many examples of this, with specific time references in the video. By contrast, watch any of his videos with other makes (Sig, HK, S&W) and you will rarely (basically never) see poor ejection.

t4terrific
08-08-2012, 10:04

Turning it sideways? That's a kill shot man! :supergrin:

Getting pegged with brass sucks. Especially to the face. My wife's Gen 4 Glock 19 did it at first. The new RSA and ejector from Glock fixed that problem.

Andy W
08-08-2012, 11:23
Sick of this grip excuse. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE! Ok, it's due to a poor grip. You're basically saying Glocks are junk because they require perfect shooting fundamentals to operate correctly. None of my other guns do.

Does hickok45 have a poor grip? Go watch some of his Glock videos and see how poorly cases eject. I've posted many examples of this, with specific time references in the video. By contrast, watch any of his videos with other makes (Sig, HK, S&W) and you will rarely (basically never) see poor ejection.

I agree. Glocks are supposed to be fighting pistols. If perfect technique is required to get them to function properly then there is something wrong. Chances are when you are fighting to save your life you aren't going to have a perfect grip or stance. You might even have to shoot weak handed and even then without full use of that arm. Or maybe there is blood or sweat all over your hands and you can't get a firm grip on the gun. Or if you have a guy on top of you trying to beat you to death, there's no way you are gonna get a proper firm grip with both hands and get into a weaver stance. So I think an argument can be made that Glock is dropping the ball here.

BuzznRose
08-08-2012, 11:48
I have a G21 Gen4, Serial = SAU. I now have 300rds through it with numerous brass to the head, face and shoulder. Im not sure if I am the only one with this problem, or the only one to admit it, but it is happening. Hopefully others will come foward.

1st range trip:
100rds AE FMJ 230gr at indoor range. Did notice brass to the head/face/shoulder. Did not pay attention because I am so used to brass bouncing off the partitions and hitting me.

2nd range trip:
50rds PMC FMJ 230gr and 50rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr. at outdoor range. No PMC brass to the head. About 5-6 alum blazer casings to the head/face. Maybe 2 Blazer casings to the shoulder.

3rd range trip:
50 rds Independence FMJ 230gr and 50 rds Blazer CCI Aluminum FMJ 230gr at outdoor range. About 15 casing to the head/face from both brass and aluminum casings. About 6 casings from both brass and aluminum to the shoulder.

Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

diamondd2
08-08-2012, 16:39
Diamond, same situation happened with my G21 gen 4, serial # TAU. I had a post elsewhere on GT last week.

I shot several hundred rounds of 4 different types of factory ammo, all caused many cases to eject onto forearms or at my face. Right side ejects were also weak.

I locked my slide to rear for a week and then had same results. Shot 650 rounds until I'd had enough and the gun is now back at Glock with a long note on what is happening, what I did, and told them to run a lot of rounds through it before simply replacing a part or two and sending back.

On a side note, the ejector would hit the plastic slide plate when I reattached the slide after field stripping to the extent that I had to lift the rear of the slide when reattaching it. I told them this too.

Second Glock I've sent back. They fixed my G23 right when I had an issue of that ejector causing the slide to hang up, so I have confidence. Sucked to pay $68 for next day shipping, but the place I bought it from is 90 miles from my house and not worth the time and fuel cost.

Good luck with yours. I will post any fix they perform when I get my pistol back.

Buzz,
Do report back with what parts they change and the end result. I really don't want to send mine to Glock. If its something as simple as an extractor, I can do it myself.

TRX450R_Racer
08-08-2012, 19:07

Here ya go. Just under 500 rounds

Gen4 G21
EGHV0009 - YouTube

EGHV0011 - YouTube

Gen3 G35 too many rounds to count
EGHV0017 - YouTube

EGHV0016 - YouTube

BuzznRose
08-08-2012, 20:19

Gen4 G21
EGHV0009 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHji_gG-KE&feature=plcp)

EGHV0011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3JO1QfU0A&feature=plcp)

EGHV0017 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8gW1ECayzM&feature=plcp)

EGHV0016 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzFlt309v4&feature=plcp)

My G21 isn't even launching most of the shells I fire that far. I get hit in the forearms far more than the face.

SIGlock
08-08-2012, 20:38
I must be blessed, because I've never had brass come back on me with ANY of my many Glocks using ANY ammo, EVER.

How many of your Glocks are Gen 4?

If you have NO gen 4....then your reply was kind of dumb.:supergrin:

BuzznRose
08-09-2012, 06:34
I have four Gen 4's, a 19, 23, 26, and 21. Only the 21 throws brass straight back or short.

Never had an issue with FTF/FTE but both the 19 & 23 had recall recoil springs that Glock replaced. No issues before or after new springs.

Did have an issue with the way the 23 slide seated...but Glock fixed it quickly.

diamondd2
08-09-2012, 07:06
That's what it looks like when I shoot my Gen4 G21. Although it's not every round like in this video. I did notice in the video the casings look like they are either steel or aluminum. The aluminum seems to worse than the brass.

I also have Gen4 - 2-19's, 26, & 23 that do not eject brass to face.

1-2man
08-09-2012, 07:14
My Gen 4 21 ejects rather weakly 3-4 o'clock but only with my reloads (very light.) Full loads and personal protection ejects strong.

Ranger45
08-09-2012, 17:59
Gen4 G21 SSN###, spent casing collected 3/8/12, purchased in May 2012. No issues with ejection yet.

awpk03s
08-09-2012, 21:11
I have a Gen4 G21. No problems here of any kind.

diamondd2
08-10-2012, 07:14
I went and ordered a new ejector (trigger housing) and new extractor from Glockparts. I also went and ordered a 250rd bulk pack of American Eagle 230gr FMJ. I paid the extra $$ for the AE because it is rated at 890fps and the poorly ejecting stuff I used was 840fps and less.

What my plan is:

-Clean and Lube
-Change to new ejector
-Use original extractor

Run 5 mags with original extractor, observe ejection.
Run 5 mags with new extractor, observe ejection.

Keep better ejection pattern extractor in.

This will be sometime next week

Andy W
08-10-2012, 10:56
My G21 isn't even launching most of the shells I fire that far. I get hit in the forearms far more than the face.

Slightly off topic but how do you like your xs sights?

diamondd2
08-13-2012, 13:47
Ok. Interesting devolpement. I recieved my new trigger housing with the 8196-2 ejector. Installed it in the pistol. 1st thing I noticed is the new ejector sits higher in the housing then the one that came with my G21 (maybe a 1/16"). Now my ejector is up tight to the bottom of the slide (seen when retracting slide). 2nd thing I noticed is the angle on the new ejector is a little more to the right then on the original one. I have a good feeling this is the source of my problem.

I also recieved a new non-dipped extractor with the #2 on it (my original is a #3). I will only put this in if the new ejector is not enough to fix the BTF problem.

I will get my ammo hopefully in a couple days and try it out.

NEW EJECTOR/Trigger Housing:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34rcbyw.jpg

Original Ejector/Trigger Housing:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qbrn6w.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE:

http://i46.tinypic.com/rm74mf.jpg

Hard to see angle difference:

http://i45.tinypic.com/vfeckn.jpg

WinterWizard
08-13-2012, 14:10

Gen4 G21
EGHV0009 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHji_gG-KE&feature=plcp)

EGHV0011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3JO1QfU0A&feature=plcp)

EGHV0017 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8gW1ECayzM&feature=plcp)

EGHV0016 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzFlt309v4&feature=plcp)

Cool, but that is NOT the original poster's gun. :wavey:

PAGunner
08-13-2012, 14:11
Ok. Interesting devolpement. I recieved my new trigger housing with the 8196-2 ejector. Installed it in the pistol. 1st thing I noticed is the new ejector sits higher in the housing then the one that came with my G21 (maybe a 1/16"). Now my ejector is up tight to the bottom of the slide (seen when retracting slide). 2nd thing I noticed is the angle on the new ejector is a little more to the right then on the original one. I have a good feeling this is the source of my problem.

I also recieved a new non-dipped extractor with the #2 on it (my original is a #3). I will only put this in if the new ejector is not enough to fix the BTF problem.

I will get my ammo hopefully in a couple days and try it out.

NEW EJECTOR/Trigger Housing:

http://i45.tinypic.com/34rcbyw.jpg

Original Ejector/Trigger Housing:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qbrn6w.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE:

http://i46.tinypic.com/rm74mf.jpg

Hard to see angle difference:

http://i45.tinypic.com/vfeckn.jpg

You ordered a new non-dip .45 extractor? So it's true Glock is making non-dip extractors for more than just the 9mm? If true, depending on your results may make me reconsider the Glock as my platform of choice.

diamondd2
08-13-2012, 14:22
You ordered a new non-dip .45 extractor? So it's true Glock is making non-dip extractors for more than just the 9mm? If true, depending on your results may make me reconsider the Glock as my platform of choice.

MY G21 Gen 4 came with a non-dipped extractor. The new one I ordered just happened to be non-dipped, I didn't specifically order non-dipped. I might be wrong, but I think all .45 Glock Gen4's are non-dip.

Beanie-Bean
08-13-2012, 15:18
diamond,

I've got the 8196-2 ejector, 4256-1 cruciform/trigger bar, and a non-dipped extractor with "6." stamped on the inside. 0-7-2 RSA.

No weak ejections unless I didn't put enough powder when I loaded the ammo, and none w/factory.

bruzer
08-13-2012, 15:32
Following the progress.
Mike

diamondd2
08-13-2012, 16:13
diamond,

I've got the 8196-2 ejector, 4256-1 cruciform/trigger bar, and a non-dipped extractor with "6." stamped on the inside. 0-7-2 RSA.

No weak ejections unless I didn't put enough powder when I loaded the ammo, and none w/factory.

Bean,

Does you ejector sit "high" in the trigger housing like my new one or "low" like my original?

PopandGlock
08-14-2012, 19:28
Has this issue been resolved by Glock yet?

TRX450R_Racer
08-14-2012, 19:42
Cool, but that is NOT the original poster's gun. :wavey:

I was showing you and the rest of the it might be this and not the gun people that the problem is real. That it's the gun and not a ricochet.

bruzer
08-15-2012, 00:34
Hey diamond,
My Gen 4 G21 came with the 8196-2 ejector and it sits down like your original ejector. I am guessing your new one should also and is not properly seated.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Beanie-Bean
08-15-2012, 02:06
Bean,

Does you ejector sit "high" in the trigger housing like my new one or "low" like my original?

diamond,

Mine sits low/flush like your older one.

ricklee4570
08-15-2012, 03:27
Nothing more enjoyable than going to the range to shoot your new gun and then getting pelted in the face with hot brass every shot!

diamondd2
08-15-2012, 04:55
Hey diamond,
My Gen 4 G21 came with the 8196-2 ejector and it sits down like your original ejector. I am guessing your new one should also and is not properly seated.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Upon closer inspection (idiot I am), it's the trigger housing that's a little different which gives the illusion of the ejector sitting higher. When in fact it's the same height. But the angle of the ejector is slightly different, which is what I am hoping will change the ejection. I might have just got a defective ejector. If not, it's got to be the extractor. There are no updated ejectors and everyone is running the same 8196-2, and most have no problems. But there are lots of different extractor casting #'s (at least 6).

BuzznRose
08-15-2012, 08:47

Got my gun back from Glock yesterday and had to call them today to find out what they did to it. Found out they replaced the trigger housing with ejector, trigger and trigger bar, and slide stop lever, and they ran five magazines of ammo through it.

I plan on hitting the range on Friday to see how it shoots.

diamondd2
08-15-2012, 08:56
Got my gun back from Glock yesterday and had to call them today to find out what they did to it. Found out they replaced the trigger housing with ejector, trigger and trigger bar, and slide stop lever, and they ran five magazines of ammo through it.

I plan on hitting the range on Friday to see how it shoots.

Interesting. I wonder if it was an out of spec trigger bar forcing the ejector to angle or move.

diamondd2
08-15-2012, 18:16
Buzz,

What # is on your extractor?

diamondd2
08-16-2012, 13:54
Ok. So I took my 250rds of 230gr FMJ (890fps) American Eagle, my G21 G4 with the new ejector installed, and a new extractor in a bag with me to the range. Long story short results--not good. Almost all right hand weak ejection. Out of 150rds fired, 3 BTF, and 1 left ejection, 1 right shoulder.

Right away I could tell the new ejector did not make a difference. I switched to the new #2 extractor within the first 2 mags. It did seem to make a slight difference, the right hand weak ejections were getting slightly more distance. So I switched back to my original ejector/trigger housing, but this made no difference in ejection. Total fired =150rds.

Over all the ejection was better this time out than last, but I believe this to be ammo related. The last time out I used Blazer CCI and Argulia, which are both rated for less than 850fps. The AE I used today is rated for 890fps (which is closer to SD ammo velocity). I am up to 500rds now through my G21 with no failures, just weak/erratic ejection.

Next step. I am going to polish top and bottom of extractor and file down the shoulder and see how that runs. I am also going to buy a new RSA for it. Im thinking the RSA maybe the problem, it does seem a little hevy when I rack the slide. I did experience this problem with the new updated RSA's for the G19 G4's. I got the 2 new RSA from Glock, 1 for my g4 19, and 1 for my wifes g4 19. When I installed the new RSA's in th G19's there was a very noticeable difference in the resistence when racking the slides side by side. The 19 with the harder to rack slide did exhibit weak ejection patterns while the lighter sprung 19 did not. Replaced the harder RSA with a new one that felt like the other 19's and the weak ejection pattern dissapeared. So, yes, it is possible the G4 RSA's are coming from the factory with different lb rating (most likely a QC issue).

On another note, Is there anyone here from NJ that goes to Cherry Ridge range and owns a good ejecting G21 Gen4? I would like to compare side by side, maybe swap uppers to see if the problem is in the upper or the frame of the pistol.

WinterWizard
08-16-2012, 17:19
I was showing you and the rest of the it might be this and not the gun people that the problem is real. That it's the gun and not a ricochet.

Still not the OP's gun. :wavey:

TRX450R_Racer
08-16-2012, 17:55
Still not the OP's gun. :wavey:

Obviously you don't get my point. :tongueout:

diamondd2
08-16-2012, 18:13
Just tooling around over at glockparts.com i noticed white defense makes a 20% heavier extractor plunger spring for the G21. I ordered 1 and will give that a try with my polished extractor and new RSA.

BuzznRose
08-16-2012, 18:21
Slightly off topic but how do you like your xs sights?

Andy,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have XS Big Dots on one Glock (my primary HD G23 G4) and I really like them. That said, all my other Glocks (4) have TRUGLO TFO's, and I love them too.

XS seem a tad faster, but not much.

BuzznRose
08-16-2012, 18:32
Buzz,

What # is on your extractor?

If you meant the ejector, it is #8196-2

I'll take the slide apart this weekend if you're looking for a number on the extractor when I clean it.

Let me know.

diamondd2
08-16-2012, 18:39
If you meant the ejector, it is #8196-2

I'll take the slide apart this weekend if you're looking for a number on the extractor when I clean it.

Let me know.

Yes, im looking for the extractor #

BuzznRose
08-16-2012, 20:53

Okay. I'll post it tomorrow or Saturday.

BuzznRose
08-17-2012, 21:18

Diamond,

There aren't any numbers on the stock Glock extractors. I cleaned my 23, 19, 26, and 21, and none had numbers. All were stock.

Anyway, while there were fewer poor ejections, the issue has not been totally resolved. I am still getting a couple ejects to the forearms or head per magazine.

Did you solve your issue? I am not happy with Glock. I tried two different FMJ loads and Federal Tactical HST's, all had poor ejections.

diamondd2
08-18-2012, 00:36
Diamond,

There aren't any numbers on the stock Glock extractors. I cleaned my 23, 19, 26, and 21, and none had numbers. All were stock.

Anyway, while there were fewer poor ejections, the issue has not been totally resolved. I am still getting a couple ejects to the forearms or head per magazine.

Did you solve your issue? I am not happy with Glock. I tried two different FMJ loads and Federal Tactical HST's, all had poor ejections.

Buzz,

All stock Glock extractors have #'s on them. You will find the # on the G21 stamped on the inside bridge of the extractor. The 19, 26, 23 will have the # on the round part of the extractor.

Anyway, No I did not resolve my problem. Read post #54 above for the run down.

I do have a couple more tricks up my sleeve. I ordered a new RSA, a new heavier extractor plunger spring, And I polished my current extractor. I will be testing after next week, 1 part at a time to see what makes a difference.

4949shooter
08-18-2012, 03:52
I just can't get my mind wrapped around the idea that this is an ammo issue only. I mean, I have fired thousands of rounds of the PMC 230 grain stuff through my Colt Combat Commanders without issue. I have also fired the aluminum cased CCI Blazer through a Gen 2 G21 I had with no issues. I wish I still had that gun.

I hope your problem gets resolved. You might want to call Glock about a replacement RSA. I called then the other day about a replacement RSA for my G20 and they sent it to me without a problem. The first question they asked was, "Is it a Gen 4?" Anyway, it might save you a few $$.

Good luck!

BuzznRose
08-18-2012, 10:01
Buzz,

All stock Glock extractors have #'s on them. You will find the # on the G21 stamped on the inside bridge of the extractor. The 19, 26, 23 will have the # on the round part of the extractor.

Is this it?

BuzznRose
08-18-2012, 10:03
Is this it?

If this is it, the number is two digits, "1?". I cannot tell what second digit is.

diamondd2
08-18-2012, 10:57

It's probably a #1. I have the #1 as does the guy who started the other thread about G21 erratic ejection. I would like to get a #6. Someone mentioned perfect ejection in theirs and they have a #6.

BuzznRose
08-18-2012, 17:35
I just can't get my mind wrapped around the idea that this is an ammo issue only. I mean, I have fired thousands of rounds of the PMC 230 grain stuff through my Colt Combat Commanders without issue. I have also fired the aluminum cased CCI Blazer through a Gen 2 G21 I had with no issues. I wish I still had that gun.

I hope your problem gets resolved. You might want to call Glock about a replacement RSA. I called then the other day about a replacement RSA for my G20 and they sent it to me without a problem. The first question they asked was, "Is it a Gen 4?" Anyway, it might save you a few $$.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. I am calling them Monday morning anyway, and may ask for another RSA as well as a new extractor.

After reading a lot of other posts in different threads, I came across the idea that maybe it was an issue with brass ammo, since every Glock I've bought new came with the test rounds and they were aluminium. I also read that one poster said his issue didn't happen with steel or aluminum ammo, only brass. Plus, Glock rep told me they had run five mags through my gun.

So I decide to dump $40 on a box of CCI Blazer and Tula steel ammo, both 230 FMJ. I just got back from the range...no difference! This was shocking. I am still getting at least two cases to the head per mag, and I was only loading 10 rounds per mag (I have 5 mags and wanted to compare results).

Totally frustrates me. Either Glock is lying about testing the gun or there is a magic force field in their Smyrna plant where ever gun shoots perfectly.

On a side note, when I went to the range yesterday with my daughter, I was shooting about 6 feet to her left and I was getting pelted by brass from my Ruger Mk 3, 22-45, shooting cheap Federal bulk rounds.

What's Up, Glock???:steamed:

di11igaf
08-18-2012, 17:56
Thanks for the suggestion. I am calling them Monday morning anyway, and may ask for another RSA as well as a new extractor.

After reading a lot of other posts in different threads, I came across the idea that maybe it was an issue with brass ammo, since every Glock I've bought new came with the test rounds and they were aluminium. I also read that one poster said his issue didn't happen with steel or aluminum ammo, only brass. Plus, Glock rep told me they had run five mags through my gun.

So I decide to dump $40 on a box of CCI Blazer and Tula steel ammo, both 230 FMJ. I just got back from the range...no difference! This was shocking. I am still getting at least two cases to the head per mag, and I was only loading 10 rounds per mag (I have 5 mags and wanted to compare results).

Totally frustrates me. Either Glock is lying about testing the gun or there is a magic force field in their Smyrna plant where ever gun shoots perfectly.

On a side note, when I went to the range yesterday with my daughter, I was shooting about 6 feet to her left and I was getting pelted by brass from my Ruger Mk 3, 22-45, shooting cheap Federal bulk rounds.

What's Up, Glock???:steamed:
That was me, I had a video of it up as well(shooting tula from my 19).
It did for whatever reason eject steel and aluminum just about 100% perfect(maybe extractor got a better hold?) when it was ejecting brass to the left or 6:00.
My 19 was also sent to glock, they replaced extractor and the trigger bar as well(few other things also). It's better with the new extractor, I haven't tried it with the trigger bar they put in it though since I put a 17 smooth face trigger in mine before I shot it. So far its been quite a bit better, but not perfect.
I realize were talking 2 different calibers, but I'm sure the root cause is the same.

Beanie-Bean
08-18-2012, 19:36
It's probably a #1. I have the #1 as does the guy who started the other thread about G21 erratic ejection. I would like to get a #6. Someone mentioned perfect ejection in theirs and they have a #6.

It was me--I have the #6 extractor on mine, and it ejects everything fine unless I don't put enough powder in my loads. Then it's running like some of the G19 Gen4 pistols I read about here, where the brass just kind of dribbles out of the ejection port.

BuzznRose
08-19-2012, 08:43
It was me--I have the #6 extractor on mine, and it ejects everything fine unless I don't put enough powder in my loads. Then it's running like some of the G19 Gen4 pistols I read about here, where the brass just kind of dribbles out of the ejection port.

Beanie, did the #6 extractor come stock in your pistol?

Thanks,

Buzz

BuzznRose
08-20-2012, 07:07
Update: Just got off the phone with Glock. No matter what I said, they will not send me a new extractor. I don't know of any local armorers, so I said screw it and they are sending me a mailing label for the pistol.

I am definately getting rid of this pistol but will fix it first, as I will not sell a broke weapon.

So, anyone in South TX looking for an almost new G21 Gen 4 w/ TRUGLO TFO's, case, & 5 mags for $600?

It will probably be available in September...when it comes back from Glock

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
-- John Wayne

PAGunner
08-20-2012, 08:25
Update: Just got off the phone with Glock. No matter what I said, they will not send me a new extractor. I don't know of any local armorers, so I said screw it and they are sending me a mailing label for the pistol.

I am definately getting rid of this pistol but will fix it first, as I will not sell a broke weapon.

So, anyone in South TX looking for an almost new G21 Gen 4 w/ TRUGLO TFO's, case, & 5 mags for $600?

It will probably be available in September...when it comes back from Glock

-- John Wayne
I just bought an M&P45 full size, along with 3 other M&Ps. My favorite is the full size 45, you don't have to worry about BTF with it either... Might want to consider one, they're amazing!

Clem Eastwood
08-20-2012, 08:29
my ACE prefix gen 2 has been throwing brass at me for over a decade.

BuzznRose
08-20-2012, 08:39
I just bought an M&P45 full size, along with 3 other M&Ps. My favorite is the full size 45, you don't have to worry about BTF with it either... Might want to consider one, they're amazing!

I may. My next .45 will be a Ruger SR1911 I think.

Buying Glocks has kinda been against the grain. I'm really a "Made in the USA" kinda guy. Hard to do with clothes and electronics, but I try everywhere else.

I was thinking M&P's were made in Germany by Walter. Is that right?

My daughter (20) was shooting the 19 for the first time this weekend and she had a problem with the grip (she has tiny hands).

After watching Hickok45 video yesterday, I'm now looking at the Ruger SR9C for her. He really liked it, and I trust his videos a lot.

-- John Wayne

TheGlockTalker
08-22-2012, 00:07

If you're speaking of me I have an extractor with No. 3 on it.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436520&page=3

diamondd2
08-22-2012, 04:50
If you're speaking of me I have an extractor with No. 3 on it.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436520&page=3

Your right, I got my numbers mixed up. You and I have #3's. I put in a #2 and it made a slight improvement. I would like to try a #6.

TheGlockTalker
08-22-2012, 16:31
Just a quick update.

I called Glock and they're sending a shipment label to my house.

I'll report what they do and if it helps once I get the gun back.

TheGlockTalker
08-22-2012, 16:33
Your right, I got my numbers mixed up. You and I have #3's. I put in a #2 and it made a slight improvement. I would like to try a #6.

I forgot to say in the above post that when I called Glock they said they had no replacement extractor at this time.
I told them I had read about no. 6 and he didn't know anything about it.

So..........the saga continues........

diamondd2
08-28-2012, 09:17
Ok. So i went to the range today with my G21 G4, 100rds of American Eagle ammo (same as last time), 20rds Hornady critical defense 185gr, and my new parts (new RSA, white sound defense extractor plunger spring(20% heavier), and polished/filed #2 extractor).

I started with my polished #2 extractor. It was arkansas stoned top and bottom and the shoulder was filed/reduced slightly. All ejection went nicely to the right 3-5 oclock. Some ejection seemed weak, but at least all went to the right.

Next I changed in the new RSA. No improvement, actually the ejection seemed weaker with the new RSA vs my used 500rd RSA. Changed back to original RSA.

Next I installed the new white sound defense extractor plunger spring, which is supposed to have 20% more strength/force. Immediately got hit with brass to the face. About 10 of the 13rds in the mag came straight back at me. Needless to say I removed the WSD spring and went back to the original.

So, now my G21 is all stock except for the #2 extractor that has been polished/filed and I am quite satisfied with it.

Just a side thought about that heavier plunger spring. I couldn't believe the difference in ejection when I changed it. I wonder if the stock extractor plunger springs are a little to heavy and the root cause of all these ejection problems? Would like to get another stock spring and cut some coils off and test.

And another observation I made today. The gun actually seemed to eject better the more I loosened my grip??!!??

diamondd2
09-03-2012, 14:50
So, how did you guys make out? Did your G21's come back from Glock yet?

BuzznRose
09-04-2012, 19:36
So, how did you guys make out? Did your G21's come back from Glock yet?

Diamond,

My gun is at Glock now, on it's second visit to Smyrna, GA. THis time, Glock foot the bill to ship it. I've sent several emails and made a couple phone calls and basically told them NOT to send it back until if was fixed.

Honestly, I'm torn how to proceed when I get it back. I expect it will come back spotlessly cleaned, and I'm thinking I might just sell it in that condition rather than run rounds through it.

I'm wanting to sell the dang thing because I am not as thrilled with the .45 ACP as I was before I shot it so much, as well as the 21 is just too big for my hands to comfortably shoot. I guess I'm too used to the 23/19 frame. I do plan on getting a 1911 at some point, but more just to have one versus needing a big bore. I really LOVE the .40 S&W round and my 23 shoots too good!

So, like I said in an earlier post, if anyone in Texas is looking for a G21 Gen 4 with 5 mags, TRU-GLO TFO's, + original accessories in the case, with less than 1K rounds through it, all for $600, send me a PM.

Pythonman
09-05-2012, 22:20

Well, I had a new Gen 3 G34 that constantly bounced brass off my forehead or face and set it down and shot a relatives new Gen 4 G34 and it never happened. Same ammo both guns. Cant believe Glock lets crap like the G34 I had out the factory like that.

TattooedGlock
09-06-2012, 15:43
I have a brand new G21 Gen picked up a few days ago. Per Glock it was built July 2012. 300 round, lots of brass to face. Called Glock they said the ejector needs replaced WITH THE EXACT SAME EJECTOR!!! I think not. I took it to my local Glock dealer/armorer and he pulled the ejector unit out and replaced it with one that is straigt. No more stupid pointy angle. Fire a few hundred more without a single issue. Foget what Glock says and go get the straight ejector #1882 which is technically for the .40/.357 but it works great. I also see on online marked 4340 for the .45/10 which is similar, though a hair shorter.

diamondd2
09-06-2012, 16:01
I have a brand new G21 Gen picked up a few days ago. Per Glock it was built July 2012. 300 round, lots of brass to face. Called Glock they said the ejector needs replaced WITH THE EXACT SAME EJECTOR!!! I think not. I took it to my local Glock dealer/armorer and he pulled the ejector unit out and replaced it with one that is straigt. No more stupid pointy angle. Fire a few hundred more without a single issue. Foget what Glock says and go get the straight ejector #1882.

What?!? Really?

The 1882 ejector is for the .40/357 caliber. Interesting, I will give it a try if I can find one.

TattooedGlock
09-06-2012, 17:24
There is also listed a the 4340 which my dealer didn't have, but he ordered. It is maybe a few miliimeters shorter. Check out gunparts corps.com and you can find parts. I had no issues at all though with the 1882 and when I looked in my G19 to see how the ejector sat over the top round in the mag, it sits the same as the 1882 so I don't forsee and problems. Only time will tell.

diamondd2
09-06-2012, 17:48
There is also listed a the 4340 which my dealer didn't have, but he ordered. It is maybe a few miliimeters shorter. Check out gunparts corps.com and you can find parts. I had no issues at all though with the 1882 and when I looked in my G19 to see how the ejector sat over the top round in the mag, it sits the same as the 1882 so I don't forsee and problems. Only time will tell.

Your right. There is a 4340 ejector for the .45acp/10mm. It is short, almost like a nub. Anybody have one of these in their G21?

oldman11
09-06-2012, 18:37

Let's say you're right.... why do no other guns have such a problem with "weak ammo" or grip? Is Glock just junk?
Some of them do have that problem, they just don't gripe about it. :upeyes:

TattooedGlock
09-07-2012, 16:30
Put another 100 through her today with my new 1882 ejector. Zero issues. And may I add that both my wife and I were shooting one inch groups at 7 yards with this baby!

obituary
09-29-2012, 09:30
Just got my 21 g4 yesterday, out of 200 rounds 3 to the face and 2 0r 3 to the right shoulder. Other than that I love this Glock and it was a pleasure to operate. They were Rem umc 230 Gr MC. Cleaned and lubed prior to firing ,no attachments installed .Never had this problem with other Glocks or other brand pistols.I do plan on running different ammo and seeing how it goes. Hoping not to send it off. Also was operating it outside wide open area . Hopefully we get a durable/tested remedy

ricklee4570
10-03-2012, 03:38
So I am wondering if the 1882 ejector is the cure for all these brass to the face problems?

I guess a way to know for sure would be for Diamondd2 to put his Glock back as it came from the factory and install an 1882 or 4340 ejector and see what the results are.

diamondd2
10-03-2012, 07:32
So I am wondering if the 1882 ejector is the cure for all these brass to the face problems?

I guess a way to know for sure would be for Diamondd2 to put his Glock back as it came from the factory and install an 1882 or 4340 ejector and see what the results are.

I have the 1882 ejector on the way too me. I should have it in a couple days and be able to test it early next week (hopefully Monday). At this point the only change I made to the pistol is changing the extractor to a polished one. I will test with the original extractor though.

ricklee4570
10-03-2012, 09:34
I have the 1882 ejector on the way too me. I should have it in a couple days and be able to test it early next week (hopefully Monday). At this point the only change I made to the pistol is changing the extractor to a polished one. I will test with the original extractor though.

Awesome! I really appreciate you sharing all this information with us!

ricklee4570
10-15-2012, 04:05
I finally got out Saturday and shot the new G21 Gen 4. The first 50 rounds (WWB) was great. No problems. Ejection was all to the right, not strong, only about 2 feet, but consistent. In the next box of 50 WWB I had two staight back in the face. Two ejected to the left. I shot 20 Winchester PDX1 after that with no problem, and some Remington Golden Sabers with no problem. Finished up with some Federal Champion with no problems. Shot about 300 rounds, with only two to the face and and maybe 3 or 4 to the left. All in all not bad. Fun to shoot.

I just hope it doesnt get worse over time. As it is now, I can live with it. The two to the face were soft, kind of dribbled out and bounced off my forehead.

diamondd2
10-19-2012, 14:35
Ok, new range report. I went to the range today with my G21, a new 1882 ejector, original 8196-2 ejector, a new #4 dipped extractor, my original # 3 extractor, and my polished #2 extractor.

Ammo=225rds
200rds PPU 230gr FMJ (cheapo stuff)
25rds Remington Golden Saber 185gr +P HP

Outdoor range, no partitions.

I tried all 3 extractors, with both ejectors, and there was no noticeable improvement in ejection pattern. Some ejection was strong, some weak, some sloppy, 3 or 4 straight back at me, some landed on the right arm, etc. In other words the ejection was erratic. But none actually hit me in the face or head and none went left.

Then I loaded up 2 mags of the Golden Saber 185gr +P. Holy crap! I realize now that this is what the Gen4's were designed for. ALL 25rds ejected with force at 3 o'clock and landed 15ft away, in a nice pile. At this point I am convinced the erratic ejection is all related to the new dual RSA setup. I now have complete confidence in this gun, and if the time comes, I believe it will perform flawless.

My G21 Gen4 now has 800rds through it with no stoppages or malfunctions.

ricklee4570
10-20-2012, 12:31
Sounds like the RSA for sure. So if you are having some BTF issues, try some +P ammo and see what happens. Interesting.

jakebrake
10-20-2012, 12:38
I feel cheated! My G21 Gen. 2.5 throws everything to the right. Then I have to bend over and pick them up. If they came at my head, maybe I could catch some of them and save myself the bending.

you could catch them with your teeth for style points.

Shinytop
10-20-2012, 16:39
Had a G22, did not like the type of recoil. Fired 700 rounds through it without a single issue of brass to the face. Traded it for a G21, NIB 3rd gen. First time out fired 150 rounds with numerous rounds to the face with CCI Blazer, 230 grains. Bought some White box 230 at Wally World and some Speer Lawmen, both FMJ, 230 grains. Fired them today and got some brass to the face but less. Fired a couple magazines one handed and got no brass to the face.

Have made no mods to the pistol but before firing today I did put a couple drops of oil on the slide. Planning on keeping the gun but am disappointed that normal firing results in issues like this.

And I am firing at indoor range but it is easy to tell when brass is coming straight back or deflecting off the partition.

diamondd2
10-20-2012, 17:00
Had a G22, did not like the type of recoil. Fired 700 rounds through it without a single issue of brass to the face. Traded it for a G21, NIB 3rd gen. First time out fired 150 rounds with numerous rounds to the face with CCI Blazer, 230 grains. Bought some White box 230 at Wally World and some Speer Lawmen, both FMJ, 230 grains. Fired them today and got some brass to the face but less. Fired a couple magazines one handed and got no brass to the face.

Have made no mods to the pistol but before firing today I did put a couple drops of oil on the slide. Planning on keeping the gun but am disappointed that normal firing results in issues like this.

And I am firing at indoor range but it is easy to tell when brass is coming straight back or deflecting off the partition.

Even the Gen3 G21. Im glad someone could admit it.

But that throws a monkey wrench into the Gen4 dual RSA setup theory.

Beanie-Bean
10-20-2012, 18:11
I was the one who may have mentioned the #6 extractor. It actually reads "6." on it. Here it is from my SHDxxx:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_1492.jpg

Straight, not dipped, either:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_1493.jpg

Ejector and trigger bar:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_1494.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Beanie-Bean/Glock/IMG_1495.jpg

0-7-2 RSA and "." connector on it, too. Everything is stock, just the way I picked it from the dealer.

diamondd2
10-20-2012, 18:40
^^^^^^

I dont think a #6 extractor will make any difference for me. I have a #2 non-dipped, #3 non-dipped, and a #4 dipped. I tried all 3 with 2 different ejectors with no noticeable change in ejection pattern.

hsprincipal
10-20-2012, 18:46
I have a 21 gen4 with no issues. Using cheap ammo and high dollar ammo. Mine is a keeper with over 400 rounds so far.

rustytxrx
10-22-2012, 20:59
LOL, I love it. sounds like a 1911 forum. :) after 40 yrs of running very picky 1911 bullseye pistols my advice is get eye protection, baseball cap, and a tight collar......and ware long pants and socks.

man up :tongueout:

Rusty
LOL

diamondd2
11-01-2012, 15:08
I just got my delivery of 250rds Speer Gold Dot 200gr +p. I cant wait to see how this performs.

http://i45.tinypic.com/21on4sn.jpg

diamondd2
11-13-2012, 10:48
Finally got to the range today with my 250rds of Speer Gold Dot 200gr +p ammo pictured above. I am happy to report all 250rds went 8-10' between 3-4 oclock. Not a single hiccup.

Conclusion for my G21 Gen4 is the BTF is completely ammo related. I guess I just got a ammo picky pistol.

BuzznRose
11-13-2012, 11:44
Finally got to the range today with my 250rds of Speer Gold Dot 200gr +p ammo pictured above. I am happy to report all 250rds went 8-10' between 3-4 oclock. Not a single hiccup.

Conclusion for my G21 Gen4 is the BTF is completely ammo related. I guess I just got a ammo picky pistol.

Hi Diamond,

man, your 21 sure has expensive taste in ammo! My new XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP was spitting my cheap reman ammo about 6 feet away to my 4 o'clock. The same ammo my G21 g4 trickled back on my arms or in my face or 1-2 feet to the right.

Glad you solved your issue.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

diamondd2
11-13-2012, 14:28
Hi Diamond,

man, your 21 sure has expensive taste in ammo! My new XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP was spitting my cheap reman ammo about 6 feet away to my 4 o'clock. The same ammo my G21 g4 trickled back on my arms or in my face or 1-2 feet to the right.

Glad you solved your issue.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Yeah, it really likes the hot stuff. I got a 1,000rds thru it now, I am hoping it loosened up a little and can run the cheap stuff better. If not, I am going to have to learn to reload 45. I saved about 800 - 45acp casings already.

pm666
02-16-2013, 20:37
what's the latest on this issue? I have an early G21 with only about 4oo rounds though it. From what I;ve read, this BTF can surface at/around the 1000 rounds mark.
I did get a different RSA from Glock. Has there been any other changes?
Thanks,
Paul

pat701
02-16-2013, 22:43
I have a Gen4 21 test fire date 22 Oct 12 bought NIB blue label LEO price. I put 250 rds thru it at a outdoor range and had BTF and weak ejection. Lots of fired brass just running down my hands and forearms. Good news no malfunctions just weak ejection. This is 45acp not a 25 auto. IMHO no body should have to do fixs or modafactions to any NIB firearm what ever brand.
Now isn't the time to try better ammo, you can't get any! This was my first Glock and will also be my last glock. Glock should mark there pistols use NATO ammo only, ":steamed:Glock Perfection"
IMHO a NIB Glock shouldn't have to be sent back for repairs, maybe i am just to old school:steamed:

Andy W
02-17-2013, 08:21
what's the latest on this issue? I have an early G21 with only about 4oo rounds though it. From what I;ve read, this BTF can surface at/around the 1000 rounds mark.
I did get a different RSA from Glock. Has there been any other changes?
Thanks,
Paul

What I've read suggests its and issue with the ejector and/or out of spec extractors, meaning improperly sized for the cutout. This is not an official explanation from Glock but Arc Angel has a pretty interesting blog post about it.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=603

voyager4520
02-18-2013, 10:43
The latest ejector for .45 models is 8196-2, there is no new ejector for them that improves the ejection pattern but you may be able to reprofile the tip of an 8196-2 to have a more rearward/up angle to the face. Most of the cases of erratic ejection I've heard of in the .45 models have been solved by using a replacement extractor.

Emmett4glock
02-20-2013, 22:14
I have had no problems but when my son, who is a lefty and new Glock shooter, initially shot my 21 gen 4, he had 4 out of 100 rounds high to the head. FYI, I have a #5 extractor. I also found Arc Angel's Blog on the BTF subject, http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=603 very interesting. Depending on the ammo used, I have a 4:00 ejection pattern 2 to 6 feet.

OctoberRust
02-21-2013, 07:34

Stoeger cougar
Beretta 92fs
SW sigma

Those are the three pistols I've seen first hand throw a piece of brass every once in a while back to the shooter. If you spent more time shooting, and less time reading BTF threads on GT you wouldn't have said something that silly.

Doughnutman_923
03-05-2013, 09:52
Picked up a Gen 3 G21, spits brass from 200 gr. Hornady Custom XTP's right over my head into the hood of my sweatshirt.

No more searching for brass!

But seriously, it's is weird how it ejects and it makes me wonder about the pistol sometimes, but it works great and I've noticed when I lock my elbows and concentrate on my grip the cases do eject somewhat properly. So, it's a slight mystery to me. lol

Dave Nowlin
03-05-2013, 10:46
My Gen 3 30sf had these problems. I fixed them. This is outlined in the Sticky at the top of the page. This isn't a gripping issue. This is an extractor issue. Once I fixed mine it ejected all cases into a very small area at about 4 o'clock. I can't believe that this issue is still being beat like a dead horse by the same genuises that beat it last time. Does this forum have moderators? If so why do you allow people to bully folks who come here seeking help? Their issues are real. The right thing to do would be to help them and not insult them.

Doughnutman_923
03-05-2013, 11:25
My Gen 3 30sf had these problems. I fixed them. This is outlined in the Sticky at the top of the page. This isn't a gripping issue. This is an extractor issue. Once I fixed mine it ejected all cases into a very small area at about 4 o'clock. I can't believe that this issue is still being beat like a dead horse by the same genuises that beat it last time. Does this forum have moderators? If so why do you allow people to bully folks who come here seeking help? Their issues are real. The right thing to do would be to help them and not insult them.

+1 brother, I'm a firm believer in "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

man.cave
03-05-2013, 23:32
I sent my 21 gen 4 back to Glock. Glock sent me a brand new pistol back with 3 mags. Shoots fine. I now own 8 Glocks. 1 bad, and Glock replaced it completely. No whinnnig here

pat701
03-06-2013, 23:38

Dave maybe some of us don't think that "WE" should have to put another nickle of our hard earned money into a NIB Gen 4 Glock 21 to get it to run right. I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect a pistol to have no issues with ejection when i buy one.:wow:

Eman1135
11-01-2013, 07:32
+1 Buying a brand new pistol with problems is both annoying and frustrating !!

nraman
01-02-2014, 23:02
A long time ago I noticed that when I moved the extractor manually it felt a bit gritty. Every time I bought a Glock regardless of caliber I'd take it apart and check things a bit.
If the extractor didn't feel right, I'd remove it, polish the top and bottom sides that rub on the slide and check if the gritty feeling was gone. I touched up the slide opening on a couple of occasions.
I mean polish like rubbing the extractor on a very fine paper (4000-12000, whatever happens to be in front of me) on a flat surface in a way that I don't even remove most of the blue. Just enough to get the high spots ironed. I also lube the shoulder were the spring rides.
I don't do it because I have a problem, I do it because I don't like the way it feels on some guns.
I don't know if that helps any, I also use full power ammo and so far I'm lucky with all my Glocks including the Gen 4 G21 that happens to be excellent.

thecelt
02-24-2014, 13:57
interesting thread. I took my Gen 4 21 out this weekend and ran about 150 rounds through her. Had several BTF, and several land on my arm. I used 100 rounds of WWB, about 30 PMC, and 20 CCI Blazer Brass. All 230gr. I figured the gun was just tight needing to be broken in... When I get home tonight Ill check the part number on the ejector, and check the function of the extractor.

thecelt
02-24-2014, 17:40
The latest ejector for .45 models is 8196-2, there is no new ejector for them that improves the ejection pattern but you may be able to reprofile the tip of an 8196-2 to have a more rearward/up angle to the face. Most of the cases of erratic ejection I've heard of in the .45 models have been solved by using a replacement extractor.

This is the ejector in my new g4 21. Its riding as high as possible under the slide and is rigid. Now granted, i was only just breaking her in this weekend so ill be paying close attention this friday at the range.

mattallamerican
02-24-2014, 17:44
mine has been flawless its my favorite 45

Teecher45
02-24-2014, 21:15
Okay, just food for thought. And in no way conclusive. But...
I've posted on GT about my Gen4 21 had weak ejection with old gun show reloads, but it doesn't bother me. Ejection is fine with SD rounds. Ejection is also fine with my Gen4 27.
So Saturday I took my 21 out in my new light bearing holster for an ATV ride. Took along 100 rounds of my old reloads. Stopped by the range and fired all 100 rounds with my TLR-1s attached. Ejected perfectly.?