Jimmy Carter to address the Democratic National Convention [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter to address the Democratic National Convention

GAFinch
08-07-2012, 15:05
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/07/jimmy-carter-to-address-the-democratic-national-convention/

Looks like someone else got Cory Bookered.

JFrame
08-07-2012, 15:14
There's a certain elegant symmetry to having possibly the worst president of the 20th century speak at a convention for a person who is well on his way to being the worst president of the 21st century...

jakebrake
08-07-2012, 15:20
jimmy isn't coming because he's not allowed to sit with michael moore.

ChuteTheMall
08-07-2012, 15:23
:elephant:
http://i45.tinypic.com/25f2aeq.jpg
:patriot:

automatic slim
08-07-2012, 16:05
Well, this ought to be good.:supergrin:

Gotta set the DVR.....

robertoh
08-07-2012, 16:43
Democrats have always admired the loosers in the party.

Brucev
08-07-2012, 19:51
A nut is going to speak at a convention of nuts about a nut? Well, they must also like Almond Joy candy ... they don't have to feel like a bunch of nuts.. they are nuts!

rgregoryb
08-07-2012, 20:09
an old idiot talking to younger idiots..............

rj1939
08-07-2012, 20:38
This country needs to NEVER forget what Jimma did to the economy.

And it is being done in a much bigger way now.

Thumpernator
08-07-2012, 20:41
Jimmy gave away the Panama Canal....... Obama is giving away the whole country.

countrygun
08-07-2012, 20:51
and in other news: The Former Captain of the Exxon Valdez will be the guest speaker at the Italian Cruise Ship Captains Association annual Dinner.

series1811
08-07-2012, 20:54
Obama needs to listen carefully to everything Carter says. In fact, Obama should put Carter in charge of his re-election committee. :supergrin:

aircarver
08-07-2012, 21:36
Obama needs to listen carefully to everything Carter says. In fact, Obama should put Carter in charge of his re-election committee. :supergrin:

Jimmee & Hitlery .... :supergrin:

:rofl:

ChuteTheMall
08-07-2012, 21:36
Most Obama voters weren't even born when we booted Carter out of office. They have no idea how clueless he was.

Just another old white guy like Biden and whats-his-name.:fred:

Guss
08-08-2012, 00:09
And the Republicans are scared to have either of the Bush presidents speak. The Republicans WILL have Florida Governor Rick Scott speak. Since at the moment he's the most disliked governor Florida has ever had, that could swing a swing state the wrong way for them.

series1811
08-08-2012, 05:28
And the Republicans are scared to have either of the Bush presidents speak. The Republicans WILL have Florida Governor Rick Scott speak. Since at the moment he's the most disliked governor Florida has ever had, that could swing a swing state the wrong way for them.

You weren't old enough to remember Carter were you? And, have no idea what we are talking about, but still felt it just didn't seem to be something the truth squad would want discussed, so you decided to take a stab at diverting the thread?

:supergrin:

callihan_44
08-08-2012, 06:23

I believe obama has listened to jimma,jimma was big on turning thermostats down in the winter to save energy and obamao is big on making sure your tires are inflated properly to save gas.

callihan_44
08-08-2012, 06:25
oh, and i remember waiting in line with the parents in the famous "gas lines" to fuel up during carter....how in the hell did we end up repeating the same mistake america?

zeke501
08-08-2012, 07:10
Loser's for Loser's.....:supergrin:

ChuteTheMall
08-08-2012, 07:24
http://i45.tinypic.com/99e0zr.jpg

Guss
08-08-2012, 07:29
You weren't old enough to remember Carter were you? And, have no idea what we are talking about, but still felt it just didn't seem to be something the truth squad would want discussed, so you decided to take a stab at diverting the thread?

:supergrin:
I voted for him. Carter still draws big and enthusiastic crowds. It's unfortunate for him that he happened along as OPEC developed, but we've adjusted to our place in the world since then.

At least Carter can still travel abroad without being arrested for war crimes.

series1811
08-08-2012, 07:51
I voted for him. Carter still draws big and enthusiastic crowds. It's unfortunate for him that he happened along as OPEC developed, but we've adjusted to our place in the world since then.

Well, that explains a lot. People who think Carter was a good President, think Obama is, too. Who would have thunk it?

ChuteTheMall
08-08-2012, 08:07
Well, that explains a lot. People who think Carter was a good President, think Obama is, too. Who would have thunk it?

If it wasn't for the evil James Earl Carter, Ayatollah Khomeini could not have overthrown Shah Reza Pahlavi, our loyal ally and leader of Iran since before Pearl Harbor, and the entire worldwide Islamic Jihad against the West would not have happened.

It's Carter's fault.:okie:

series1811
08-08-2012, 08:17
If it wasn't for the evil James Earl Carter, Ayatollah Khomeini could not have overthrown Shah Reza Pahlavi, our loyal ally and leader of Iran since before Pearl Harbor, and the entire worldwide Islamic Jihad against the West would not have happened.

It's Carter's fault.:okie:

Actually, Carter's actions, demands he made on the Shah, and lack of support, not to mention gutting the CIA (in a move still referred to as the Halloween Massacre by CIA employees), were all directly responsible for the takeover of Iran by Islamic fundamentalist. Pretty much anybody who has been paying attention since could fill in what has happened since in the middle east.

Carter makes Obama look like a foreign policy genius.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 08:25
Actually, Carter's actions, demands he made on the Shah, and lack of support, not to mention gutting the CIA (in a move still referred to as the Halloween Massacre by CIA employees), were all directly responsible for the takeover of Iran by Islamic fundamentalist. Pretty much anybody who has been paying attention since could fill in what has happened since in the middle east.

Carter makes Obama look like a foreign policy genius.

i was in college at the time, and I knew several Persian students. A few really hated the Shah but even those realized that they were going to a US school because of his policies etc. The majority were terrified of the revolutionaries and knew what was on the horizon if Carter kept pandering to them. Nothing quite like having one of those students say "Your President is a fool"

Snowman92D
08-08-2012, 08:34
The Republicans WILL have Florida Governor Rick Scott speak. Since at the moment he's the most disliked governor Florida has ever had, that could swing a swing state the wrong way for them.

Doesn't seem like everyone dislikes Gov. Scott as much as you do. From John Farnam's "Quips, quotes and lessons learned" on 2-5-12:

FL Gov Rick Scott, modern-day hero!

The Republican National Convention is scheduled for the end of August in Tampa Bay, FL.

As with all such political events, rallies, protests, "marches," et al will be seen in great profusion. Of course, the City and surrounding areas are making elaborate preparations.

Tampa's mayor, like all self-respecting autocrats, has proposed "banning guns" from the downtown area during active days of the Convention. How such a "ban" could ever be enforced was never explained. Of course, the instant the Convention is over, this same mayor will argue that the ban be made "permanent." They always do!

In any event, FL's Governor, Rick Scott immediately dismissed the entire idea, chiding the mayor with,

"... conventions and guns have co-existed since the nation's birth. It is unclear how disarming law-abiding citizens would better protect them from dangers and threats posed by those who would flout the law."

What a breath of fresh air!

Ever hostile to individual freedom in any form, leftist politicians love disarming (and thus punishing) good and decent people, who don't vote for them, with sweeping "bans." Worked great in New Orleans, eh?

"Victimism" keeps such politicians in power! There is, naturally, never any provision to disarm violent criminals, who pay no attention to such bans, but whose votes and political support are easily purchased.

Gov Scott deserves great credit for standing up for good people, for our individual rights and freedom.

Few politicians do!

I gather you're a supporter of your local mayor.

series1811
08-08-2012, 09:28
i was in college at the time, and I knew several Persian students. A few really hated the Shah but even those realized that they were going to a US school because of his policies etc. The majority were terrified of the revolutionaries and knew what was on the horizon if Carter kept pandering to them. Nothing quite like having one of those students say "Your President is a fool"

I was working and going to college at the same time. We had four Iranians at my college and they were left in the same limbo when the Shah fell, and then worse after the hostages were taken (and still kept going to college, with no repercussions or problems), to show one difference between us and Islamic fundamentalist.

I had a good friend who was one of the Marine Embassy guards in Iran, and actually was replaced about a month before the takeover of the embassy. He knew almost all of the Marines who were taken as hostages and had a very interesting take on how we lost Iran.

JFrame
08-08-2012, 09:43
I remember those days leading up to the departure of the Shah and the ascension of Khomeini. All of the MSM dutifully and redundantly referred to the Khomeini in every news report, with hushed tones, as an "Islamic holy man."

I also remember thinking, "Geez -- you don't have to do any more than look into that guy's eyes to the see the hate-filled fanaticism." That was way before I was even thinking about Islamic fanaticism in general.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 09:53
I was working and going to college at the same time. We had four Iranians at my college and they were left in the same limbo when the Shah fell, and then worse after the hostages were taken (and still kept going to college, with no repercussions or problems), to show one difference between us and Islamic fundamentalist.

I had a good friend who was one of the Marine Embassy guards in Iran, and actually was replaced about a month before the takeover of the embassy. He knew almost all of the Marines who were taken as hostages and had a very interesting take on how we lost Iran.

Ah the good ole' days. I was working too and one of the officers I worked with was a naturalized Afghan. We talked about it a lot and I even went to a couple of Afghan association meetings with him. (He was embarrassed that he came from a Country that was so backward they didn't have topless bars and beer:supergrin:). I asked him once if he ever considered going back and helping his Country out in the fight against the Russians. he told me,

"As an Afghan by birth I am offended by the invasion, but how would you feel if Canada invaded the US and the strongest group fighting back were the homebrewed Neo-Nazis? makes it kinda hard to choose sides. "

G29Reload
08-08-2012, 11:20
Good. Remind the whole world what horrible losers the dems believe in.

Paul7
08-08-2012, 11:23
We actually have a school here named after that idiot Carter.

janice6
08-08-2012, 11:28
I remember Carter. Try not to.

Guss
08-08-2012, 11:47
Good. Remind the whole world what horrible losers the dems believe in.
Thinking of losers, the Republicans just announced that they were adding Pam Bondi to the their speaker list. She was the one who lost the suit against the Affordable Care Act.

Guss
08-08-2012, 11:50
Doesn't seem like everyone dislikes Gov. Scott as much as you do...
Gov. Scott is the one who pushed in a special persecutor on the Zimmerman case.

automatic slim
08-08-2012, 12:18

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JFrame
08-08-2012, 12:37
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It IS rather amusing, isn't it? Kind of like watching someone defend Nero because he had an appreciation for music... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/biggrin.gif

automatic slim
08-08-2012, 12:43
It IS rather amusing, isn't it? Kind of like watching someone defend Nero because he had an appreciation for music... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/biggrin.gif

Laughter keeps you young. :wavey:

JFrame
08-08-2012, 12:46
Laughter keeps you young. :wavey:

In that case, the Leftists here are my Fountain of Youth... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/cool.gif

automatic slim
08-08-2012, 13:11
In that case, the Leftists here are my Fountain of Youth... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/cool.gif

Funny and sad. Like some kinda mental disorder....:rofl::crying::rofl::crying::rofl:

series1811
08-08-2012, 13:11
Thinking of losers, the Republicans just announced that they were adding Pam Bondi to the their speaker list. She was the one who lost the suit against the Affordable Care Act.

Here is what Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican, said about losers and critics:

It is not the critic who counts,
or how the strongman stumbled and fell,
or where the doer of deeds
could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man
who is actually in the arena,
who knows the great enthusiasms,
the great devotion,
and who spends himself
in a worthy cause.

If he fails,
at least he fails while daring greatly,
so that he may never be
one of those cold and timid souls,
who know neither victory nor defeat.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Figure out which person you are in that.

Guss
08-08-2012, 15:24
So the Democrats will have at least two Nobel Prize winning speakers.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:29

Yup, kinda like a pair of pigs with lipstick, isn't it?

series1811
08-08-2012, 15:36

1. Carter, for his efforts at creating a lasting peace in the middle east (and, we see how well that worked out).

2. Obama, for, for, for ............ Did anybody ever figure out exactly why Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize?

Probably the two biggest indictments against the Nobel Peace Prize as meaning anything any more.

JFrame
08-08-2012, 15:39

...And if Yasser Arafat were still alive, they'd have three! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

JFrame
08-08-2012, 15:41
Yup, kinda like a pair of pigs with lipstick, isn't it?

It's actually pretty funny...These damns with faint praises are probably doing more to undercut whatever "argument" he perceives having than anything... :)

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:42
1. Carter, for his efforts at creating a lasting peace in the middle east (and, we see how well that worked out).

2. Obama, for, for, for ............ Did anybody ever figure out exactly why Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize?

Probably the two biggest indictments against the Nobel Peace Prize as meaning anything any more.

talk about a case of "you didn't do that on your own"

JFrame
08-08-2012, 15:46

Re: the bolded portion -- as I recall, the Nobel academy awarded Obama the prize for what he would be doing in the future, and to "encourage" him in that direction.

I believe this is the only time the Nobel academy has used a Ouija board in their final selection process.

automatic slim
08-08-2012, 15:52
If anybody is interested, I read a book called "Delta Force" by Col. Charlie A. Beckwith. There is some good insight into that Iranian disaster.......:whistling:

(Yes, I read books. Made out of paper. :shocked:)

countrygun
08-08-2012, 15:53
Re: the bolded portion -- as I recall, the Nobel academy awarded Obama the prize for what he would be doing in the future, and to "encourage" him in that direction.

I believe this is the only time the Nobel academy has used a Ouija board in their final selection process.

Maybe some year a fetus can win if they are that good at prognostication.

JFrame
08-08-2012, 15:59
If anybody is interested, I read a book called "Delta Force" by Col. Charlie A. Beckwith. There is some good insight into that Iranian disaster.......:whistling:

(Yes, I read books. Made out of paper. :shocked:)

I knew I recognized a good Luddite when I saw one... :supergrin:

Operation "Eagle Claw" made the Brassey's Book of Military Blunders. You had to eff up big time to make that book -- think Dien Bien Phu, Teutoburger Wald, and Little Big Horn.

Carter was, and remains, an idiot.

JFrame
08-08-2012, 16:00
Maybe some year a fetus can win if they are that good at prognostication.

They will need major help from the lamas in Tibet for that one... :whistling:

Lockback
08-08-2012, 17:09
http://i45.tinypic.com/99e0zr.jpg

I remember Carter all too well.
He was a one-man downer. He was able to depress literally the whole country all by himself. :rofl:

Fred Hansen
08-08-2012, 17:46
Jimmuh Cahtuh--the malaise on the **** sandwich of life--speaking at Hussein's convention?

Imagine my surprise.

automatic slim
08-08-2012, 17:47
I knew I recognized a good Luddite when I saw one... :supergrin:

Operation "Eagle Claw" made the Brassey's Book of Military Blunders. You had to eff up big time to make that book -- think Dien Bien Phu, Teutoburger Wald, and Little Big Horn.

Carter was, and remains, an idiot.

Ah, sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out.:drink:

Might I suggest "Modern Guerrilla Warfare" by Franklin Mark Osanka? Kinda dry, but so is my humor....

JFrame
08-08-2012, 18:07
Ah, sounds like a good book. I'll have to check it out.:drink:

Might I suggest "Modern Guerrilla Warfare" by Franklin Mark Osanka? Kinda dry, but so is my humor....

Noted -- thanks for the tip! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

Guss
08-09-2012, 06:14
I see the Republicans have added Jeb Bush to the speaker list. That should remind folks of what Republicans are all about.

series1811
08-09-2012, 06:20
I still remember the Saturday Night Live skit (back when they would make fun of liberals as well as conservatives) with Dan Ackroyd as Jimmy Carter explaining why, "Inflation is our Friend".

A classic. :supergrin:

callihan_44
08-09-2012, 06:22
I see the Republicans have added Jeb Bush to the speaker list. That should remind folks of what Republicans are all about.

Jeb is not even in the same league as Carter :rofl:but good try

JFrame
08-09-2012, 06:45
Jeb is not even in the same league as Carter :rofl:but good try

AFAIK, Carter is the only president to have reported a UFO sighting. Now, he says he doesn't know why he filed the report, and thinks he only did it for one of his children... :whistling:

:ufo:

CitizenOfDreams
08-09-2012, 07:13
as I recall, the Nobel academy awarded Obama the prize for what he would be doing in the future, and to "encourage" him in that direction.

The Nobel PreAchievement Division uses three mutants in a pool.

JFrame
08-09-2012, 07:42
The Nobel PreAchievement Division uses three mutants in a pool.

Ah, yes -- it makes sense that they would recruit the talents of a few X-men... :whistling:

countrygun
08-09-2012, 12:20

WAIT,

Listen carefully Class,

I think we can hear the cry of the "Liberal Bigot" as it searches for a mate to stereotype with.

JFrame
08-09-2012, 12:32
WAIT,

Listen carefully Class,

I think we can hear the cry of the "Liberal Bigot" as it searches for a mate to stereotype with.

What's funny is that he automatically hears the name "Bush," froths at the mouth, and has a knee-jerk reaction.

Jeb won the Florida governorship twice by a landslide, and was by all accounts an effective governor -- especially in the area of education reform. He evidently took a state that was characteristically underperforming in that regard, and improved it by such conservative principles as pushing merit pay for teachers and choices in schools, while at the same time holding the state's education budget accountable.

engineer151515
08-09-2012, 16:09
Carter will address via videocast.

Watch them pull the plug if Crazy Grandpa Jimmy walks too far off of the reservation.

Oops. Bad signal. Shame.

ChuteTheMall
08-09-2012, 16:13
James Earl Carter Jr is only going to speak via video, because he doesn't have the guts to show up in person.

He's still terrified of killer rabbits. And they are waiting.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23k92yh.jpg

callihan_44
08-09-2012, 16:21
Aroom Carter will address via videocast.

Watch them pull the plug if Crazy Grandpa Jimmy walks too far off of the reservation.

Oops. Bad signal. Shame.

Or pull a max headroom and use a graphical likeness of ole jimma :rofl:

countrygun
08-09-2012, 16:24
Aroom

Or pull a max headroom and use a graphical likeness of ole jimma :rofl:

Nah "too lifelike"

ChuteTheMall
08-09-2012, 16:25
http://i45.tinypic.com/xdig7n.jpg

Watch out Jimmy!! Killer rabbits abound!!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1808959/posts

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/950/what-was-the-deal-with-jimmy-carter-and-the-killer-rabbit

Kablam
08-09-2012, 16:42

Epic fail. I DO know that if I needed it, Carter would certainly remind me of what modern liberals are all about and the disastarous results they ensure. Of course, I don't need to be reminded by him because we have, and have had, stellar examples in more recent history. The present gang, O and Biden and Reed and Pelosi and Wasserman-Schultz and Rezco (so sad he had to go to jail) Blagojevich (so sad he had to go to jail) and Emanual and the Wall Street/Acamedicians running the treasury/fed (the royalty of corruption) and Holder (to bad he hasn't gone to jail), let's not forget Bubba waddling around in the oval office with his pants around his ankles with a young intern and his associates from the Rose law firm and Jim/Susan McDougal (so sad they had to go to jail), and maybe Weiner and his...well you know. There are lots more examples (Rangle, Edwards, Gore) but I think I'm done for now.

GAFinch
08-09-2012, 17:32
Carter will address via videocast.

Oops. Bad signal. Shame.

He did essentially call the Dear Leader a war criminal a couple months for violating 10 out of 30 clauses of the Universal Declaration of Rights via drone strikes. I imagine he's going to be on videocast so the audience won't see the gun pointed at his head (like with Cory Booker).

I'd love to see Romney supporters putting out ads around the time of the convention pointing out that Jimmy called Israel an "apartheid state" in his 2007 book.

GAFinch
09-05-2012, 04:41
Anyone see his speech last night? It seriously looked like a hostage video. Monotonous tone, reading from cue cards, specifically praising our Dear Leader's foreign policy despite his scathing denouncement of it last month. Sad.

aircarver
09-05-2012, 05:59
Anyone see his speech last night?

No.

It seriously looked like a hostage video. Monotonous tone, reading from cue cards, specifically praising our Dear Leader's foreign policy despite his scathing denouncement of it last month. Sad.

Thanks for reporting it so we didn't have to watch ... :supergrin:

engineer151515
09-05-2012, 09:58
Thanks for reporting it so we didn't have to watch ... :supergrin:

+1 :supergrin:

JFrame
09-05-2012, 10:09
+1 :supergrin:

+2 :cool:

The nobility of the stalwarts on GTPI, who are willing to take that metaphorical bullet so the rest may be spared, cannot be overstated... :patriot:

GAFinch
09-05-2012, 10:48
After that was Sebelius' speech, where she referenced the Anointed One in every other sentence. After her was Rahm, who referenced him in every single sentence, like some North Korean propaganda speech. Making bold decisions that no one else even thought of. It was so over the top that it's worth watching. Castro, the San Antonio mayor with radical La Raza ties, failed to deliver the much-anticipated great speech that would cement him in place as the Second Coming of Obama.

By the time the Queen came on, though, I had to switch channels and pour myself a drink.

JFrame
09-05-2012, 11:06
After that was Sebelius' speech, where she referenced the Anointed One in every other sentence. After her was Rahm, who referenced him in every single sentence, like some North Korean propaganda speech. Making bold decisions that no one else even thought of. It was so over the top that it's worth watching. Castro, the San Antonio mayor with radical La Raza ties, failed to deliver the much-anticipated great speech that would cement him in place as the Second Coming of Obama.

By the time the Queen came on, though, I had to switch channels and pour myself a drink.

You Da Man, GAFinch! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/bb.gif

You have a prodigious capacity to resist hard torture -- kudos! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_clap.gif

As for that line-up you just detailed -- no doubt our household was far better served by watching those reruns of "Frasier"...

aircarver
09-05-2012, 11:08
I watched the Rangers game .... :supergrin:

... which didn't go so well for the Rangers ... :frown:

Paul7
09-05-2012, 11:10
This speech should be worth another point for Romney/Ryan.

G29Reload
09-05-2012, 11:26
what, stalin or hitler weren't available?

GAFinch
09-05-2012, 11:30
These hostage videos just aren't supposed to happen in America.

countrygun
09-05-2012, 12:28
After that was Sebelius' speech, where she referenced the Anointed One in every other sentence. After her was Rahm, who referenced him in every single sentence, like some North Korean propaganda speech.

Repetition, the best way of keeping the doped up drones on track.