Romney believes Boy Scouts should include homosexuals [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Romney believes Boy Scouts should include homosexuals

maxsnafu
08-08-2012, 09:41
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/07/romney-believes-gay-people-should-be-allowed-in-boy-scouts/

Another of Romney's efforts to de-motivate his social conservative base.

series1811
08-08-2012, 09:47
Romney was never my first choice in the Republican primaries, but he is still miles ahead of Obama.

HexHead
08-08-2012, 09:52
Was he referring to the scouts themselves? The controversy was over gay scoutmasters.

amazon
08-08-2012, 09:54
so what's the problem? I also think the Boy Scouts should allows gays. But I also respect their right not too.

Did I miss something where Romney said he'd somehow force them to admit gays to the Scouts if he were prez?

non-issue IMO.

countrygun
08-08-2012, 09:58
Was he referring to the scouts themselves? The controversy was over gay scoutmasters.

That's what I thought too.

Gee how odd that Romney, a Christian/Mormon should say something like that, according to the liberals I know Christians aren't tolerant at all, it takes a liberal atheist to be tolerant.

:whistling:

maxsnafu
08-08-2012, 10:19
so what's the problem? I also think the Boy Scouts should allows gays.

Right. Allow homosexuals unfettered access to young boys. What could possibly go wrong?

youngdocglock
08-08-2012, 10:23
who the hell cares if the scout masters are gay!? seriously.

Yall who support this crap are having serious overtones of the early 1900's and not letting "naggers" into the white bathrooms!.......

If someone cares about the scouts, and cares about the kids. who gives a crap what sexual preference they are. I was a scout. my scout master was gayer than the day is long. but he was the best damn scout master in the county and had more awards than anyone in the state! he also taught us a crap load about outdoor survival that actually saved one members life!.

my god people. Religion says thou shalt not judge others.......if you wanna whine about marriage thats fine but dont start being racist.

youngdocglock
08-08-2012, 10:25
Right. Allow homosexuals unfettered access to young boys. What could possibly go wrong?

Just because someone is gay........DOES NOT make them a pedophile.

Your straight........should you not be allowed to be around young girls? with your train of thought you shouldnt. come on now be realistic.

amazon
08-08-2012, 10:31

wow. Sure you're safe around young girls? (presuming you're a straight male).

Not talking about pedophiles. :faint:

Paul7
08-08-2012, 10:31
Just because someone is gay........DOES NOT make them a pedophile.

They are more likely to be. The Scouts don't need any Jerry Sanduskys.

Your straight........should you not be allowed to be around young girls? with your train of thought you shouldnt. come on now be realistic.

No, I don't think men should be sleeping in tents with young girls.

Romney said this:

"I support the right of the Boy Scouts of America to decide what it wants to do on that issue."

Which means, no openly gay scout leaders.

Paul7
08-08-2012, 10:32

Ask Penn State.

youngdocglock
08-08-2012, 10:36
They are more likely to be. The Scouts don't need any Jerry Sanduskys.

No, I don't think men should be sleeping in tents with young girls.

Romney said this:

"I support the right of the Boy Scouts of America to decide what it wants to do on that issue."

Which means, no openly gay scout leaders.

Actually pedophiles are most likely to be...........

Men aged 19-37 , white , straight, and MARRIED. Not gay. Married average men. Look at the statistics.

There is a psychological problem in heterosexual males that causes pedophilia. It has nothing to do with being gay or not being gay. Ask Jerry Sandusky..hes married.....hes straight. hes a pedophile.

96% of pedophiles are straight males. Not gay males. Learn your facts. Stating that because someone is gay they must be a pedophile is extremely critical of a whole group of peoples based on ZERO facts what so ever. Not to mention its out right biggotry. I may not have been here long but i do have a degree in criminal psychology and you sir are a racist.

The openly gay are your doctors, your police officers, your fire fighters, your EMT's your soldiers that defend your life every day. i wouldnt be so quick to judge others.....i would suggest judging yourself and your faults first.

G29Reload
08-08-2012, 11:02
Who cares what he or anyone thinks. Its a private organization and none of anyone else's business.

Paul7
08-08-2012, 11:20
Actually pedophiles are most likely to be...........

Men aged 19-37 , white , straight, and MARRIED. Not gay. Married average men. Look at the statistics.

There is a psychological problem in heterosexual males that causes pedophilia. It has nothing to do with being gay or not being gay. Ask Jerry Sandusky..hes married.....hes straight. hes a pedophile.

Why were all his victims male, as he is?

96% of pedophiles are straight males. Not gay males. Learn your facts.

As I would say to you. You seem more interested in political correctness. Gays are up to 40 times more likely to molest children:

http://sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?id=11002

Stating that because someone is gay they must be a pedophile

Never said that, I said they are more likely to be one. Stop making things up.

is extremely critical of a whole group of peoples based on ZERO facts what so ever. Not to mention its out right biggotry. I may not have been here long but i do have a degree in criminal psychology and you sir are a racist.

And you, sir, have a comprehension problem. BTW, what race did I offend?

:popcorn:

kirgi08
08-08-2012, 11:29
who the hell cares if the scout masters are gay!? seriously.

Yall who support this crap are having serious overtones of the early 1900's and not letting "naggers" into the white bathrooms!.......

If someone cares about the scouts, and cares about the kids. who gives a crap what sexual preference they are. I was a scout. my scout master was gayer than the day is long. but he was the best damn scout master in the county and had more awards than anyone in the state! he also taught us a crap load about outdoor survival that actually saved one members life!.

my god people. Religion says thou shalt not judge others.......if you wanna whine about marriage thats fine but dont start being racist.

Being "gay" is a race.'08.:dunno:

amazon
08-08-2012, 11:35
slippery slope! What's next? Gun owners shouldn't be scout masters? Cuz you know, they're more apt to shoot someone.

It's not an issue because they are a private organization. If they're on the dole from the gov't, it's another matter. It's just something else to talk about instead of the ecomony.

Guss
08-08-2012, 11:43
They don't allow homosexuals or atheists.

JBnTX
08-08-2012, 11:50
Who cares what he or anyone thinks. Its a private organization and none of anyone else's business.

:agree:

GAFinch
08-08-2012, 11:52
Gay teachers around other adults and cameras? Fine. Gay Scoutmasters in the middle of the woods? Not fine.

It's not an issue because they are a private organization. If they're on the dole from the gov't, it's another matter. It's just something else to talk about instead of the ecomony.

That right there is the real reason why non-liberals have come to not support civil unions/gay marriage at the ballot box. Government partners up with a private/religious organization knowing full well what they believe. Government later changes it mind on an issue, gets upset that the organization doesn't, then thuggishly tells them that they have to change.

youngdocglock
08-08-2012, 11:54
Why were all his victims male, as he is?

As I would say to you. You seem more interested in political correctness. Gays are up to 40 times more likely to molest children:

http://sbcbaptistpress.org/bpnews.asp?id=11002

Never said that, I said they are more likely to be one. Stop making things up.

And you, sir, have a comprehension problem. BTW, what race did I offend?

:popcorn:

And you are clearly going off a religious agenda. so tushe.

I am going off a HUMAN RIGHTS agenda not political

Using a religious media outlet as your backup "facts" is not factual seeing as your baptist press is biased.

this one is A LOT more accurate. Although it is still not fully correct but a hell of a lot more accurate than a biased religious press.

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm

Notice how nowhere it states anything about sexual orientation?

RACISM no longer really has to do with race. it has to do with hate speech. Is calling a Jewish person a kike racist? oh hell yes. but they are not black............but still racist. Your remarks and opinions are therefore racist as all hell and so are you.

God is the only being with the right to JUDGE others. Unless you are jesus incarnate..........you should worry about the plank in your own eye before you worry about the splinter in others. You judge without fact. You hate with no reason, you over generalize an entire group with no foundation behind your accusations. Check my facts? Check your morals. and stay away from kids, because married white men are 100x more likely to rape female children than gay men :-D

OH on a side note. Do you remember why this country was founded? ANY CLUE? we fled england to remove ourselves from the control of the CHURCH...........to live our lives as we wanted to. Without oppression of religion. And what are you doing? Oppressing people with your religion. IF you dont like gay people. thats fine.....but you have no right to tell them what they can and cant do. Its un holy, and un american. IF parents don't want their kids to have a gay scout leader.........they can put them in a different troop. simple as that.

janice6
08-08-2012, 11:58
Boy Scouts taught me Marksmanship (even got a Medal) when I was at camp. They had a .22 course for anyone interested. It lasted a week. Good times, good shooting.

Brucev
08-08-2012, 12:00
I joined the Boy Scouts in 1969. I am an Eagle Scout. I support the Boy Scouts of America as one of the finest organizations of its type in existence. I applaud their decision to exclude homosexuals from leadership roles.

I will vote for Romney as he is the most conservative candidate available. That is the nature of politics. I will vote for the most conservative republican candidates available in local and state races. I do not expect that a pure blood conservative could win in local or state races in my area... not for that matter in the presidential election. Reality is that in this current political climate, Romney is the most conservative candidate that has any chance of winning on a national basis. And to win the presidency, a candidate must run on and win on a national basis.

amazon
08-08-2012, 12:11
Gay teachers around other adults and cameras? Fine. Gay Scoutmasters in the middle of the woods? Not fine.

Then don't let your kid alone with any adult. It's any parents choice.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-08-2012, 12:11
Is calling a Jewish person a kike racist? oh hell yes.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwlOKVdrdaxTCWc5PxL-vqVMgHkdqoXxXxLW8IlVpJCVlumhnbiA

Paul7
08-08-2012, 12:40
And you are clearly going off a religious agenda. so tushe.

I am going off a HUMAN RIGHTS agenda not political

Using a religious media outlet as your backup "facts" is not factual seeing as your baptist press is biased.

And you're not? My post cited Department of Justice figures, not the Bible. Acknowledging the obvious that it isn't a wise idea to have homosexuals around Scouts has nothing to to with the Bible.

this one is A LOT more accurate. Although it is still not fully correct but a hell of a lot more accurate than a biased religious press.

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm

You're funny, a New York Times company isn't biased?

RACISM no longer really has to do with race. it has to do with hate speech. Is calling a Jewish person a kike racist? oh hell yes. but they are not black............but still racist. Your remarks and opinions are therefore racist as all hell and so are you.

I'm really arguing with an unarmed man, who doesn't now the difference between same-sex attraction and race.

God is the only being with the right to JUDGE others. Unless you are jesus

Jesus is normally capitalized.

incarnate..........you should worry about the plank in your own eye before you worry about the splinter in others. You judge without fact.

I'm given you plenty of facts, which you ignore. Why do I bother?

You hate with no reason,

No hate here. All you've got is name-calling.

you over generalize an entire group with no foundation behind your accusations. Check my facts? Check your morals. and stay away from kids, because married white men are 100x more likely to rape female children than gay men :-D

OH on a side note. Do you remember why this country was founded? ANY CLUE? we fled england to remove ourselves from the control of the CHURCH

So why did so many states have established churches at the time, and for many years after the Revolution?

...........to live our lives as we wanted to. Without oppression of religion. And what are you doing? Oppressing people with your religion. IF you dont like gay people. thats fine.....but you have no right to tell them what they can and cant do. Its un holy, and un american. IF parents don't want their kids to have a gay scout leader.........they can put them in a different troop. simple as that.

And if you don't like the Scout rules, don't join. Perhaps you can start a competing group made up of God-hating homosexuals.