What is the best way to shoot 4 entries [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to shoot 4 entries

The Box
08-08-2012, 23:59
I am getting ready to register for my first event in Tucson and since it is my only event of the year I thought I would do 4 entries. I would prefer to not shoot them all in a row (with one shooter in between, of course). I am wondering what my options are. Can I sign in at each stage in the morning and only shoot 2 entries, and then come back after I have shot all of the stages and start the process over? Should I shoot 2 at the beginning of the squad and 2 at the end?

When you sign in upon arrival are you signing in for all of your entries? Or can I check in for 2 entries and not lose my original position for the next 2? That way I could come back in the afternoon for my remaining 2 entries and still have my position from the AM.

It's a 2 hr drive so I don't think I want to attend both days, but I will probably go on Saturday just in case something happens and I can't finish I can drive back on Sunday...but I would rather not.

What do you recommend?

ede
08-09-2012, 03:40
whatever works for you, shoot all 4 at once or 1 at a time and make 4 trips around the stages, or any combination in between. you'll be able to shoot all entries in single day. if you're signed in they won't leave until you're finished.

misunderestimated
08-09-2012, 04:04
I am getting ready to register for my first event in Tucson and since it is my only event of the year I thought I would do 4 entries. I would prefer to not shoot them all in a row (with one shooter in between, of course). I am wondering what my options are. Can I sign in at each stage in the morning and only shoot 2 entries, and then come back after I have shot all of the stages and start the process over? Should I shoot 2 at the beginning of the squad and 2 at the end?

When you sign in upon arrival are you signing in for all of your entries? Or can I check in for 2 entries and not lose my original position for the next 2? That way I could come back in the afternoon for my remaining 2 entries and still have my position from the AM.

It's a 2 hr drive so I don't think I want to attend both days, but I will probably go on Saturday just in case something happens and I can't finish I can drive back on Sunday...but I would rather not.

What do you recommend?

Good Luck with your first event,thats the way to do it ,Just dive in. I would do 2 Entries then let a shooter or two get in then circle back. My first event I shot 2 entries with my son. We only shot one entry on all the stages so we could get a feel for the other stages and then shot the next entry,What a mistake we were exhausted as we spent the whole day waiting lines rather then shooting.

Good Luck

youngann
08-09-2012, 04:58

Just sign it at each stage for all the divisions you're going to shoot. When you're ready to shoot that stage, put an X next to your name for the divisions you want to shoot at that time. You'll be squadded only for those events.

Your sign in position will not change for the divisions you defer so, when you're ready to shoot them, just X your name.

The Box
08-09-2012, 06:28
Just sign it at each stage for all the divisions you're going to shoot. When you're ready to shoot that stage, put an X next to your name for the divisions you want to shoot at that time. You'll be squadded only for those events.

Your sign in position will not change for the divisions you defer so, when you're ready to shoot them, just X your name.

That's the clarification that I needed...I just wasn't sure how to word it. So I sign in at each division individually? That's perfect. THanks

BamaTrooper
08-09-2012, 07:20
What categories are you shooting? Are you more comfortable with one gun than with others? Have you shot a GSSF match before? How many mags do you have?

I shoot a 26, a 30, and 3 entries with a 17. I usually shoot the 30 and 26 on one sweep of the match and then retrace my path and shoot the 17 in each category.

The Box
08-09-2012, 07:34
What categories are you shooting? Are you more comfortable with one gun than with others? Have you shot a GSSF match before? How many mags do you have?

I shoot a 26, a 30, and 3 entries with a 17. I usually shoot the 30 and 26 on one sweep of the match and then retrace my path and shoot the 17 in each category.

Ideally I would like to shoot Master Stock and Am Competition with my 17 in one pass, and then go back and shoot Am Civilian with my 17 and Am Subcompact with my 26. I own enough mags to do it this way without having to reload at the table (8 G17 mags and 4 G26 mags).

Does this sound like a plausible way to spend a Saturday?

SARDG
08-09-2012, 08:29
That's the clarification that I needed...I just wasn't sure how to word it. So I sign in at each division individually? That's perfect. THanks
...you sign-in FOR each Division separately, at one of each different stage (Course of Fire) - plates, M, 5. In your case, sign in for 4 Divisions, but only check-off (X) 2 at each time that you want to stay and shoot.

There are normally multiple stage set-ups for each CoF - you only (normally) sign in at one of each, and for all 4 Divisions.

If you weren't confused before, stick around! :supergrin:

SARDG
08-09-2012, 08:39
Ideally I would like to shoot Master Stock and Am Competition with my 17 in one pass, and then go back and shoot Am Civilian with my 17 and Am Subcompact with my 26. I own enough mags to do it this way without having to reload at the table (8 G17 mags and 4 G26 mags).

Very plausible. When I happen to shoot 2 at a time, I do Comp first with my G-17, then Master Stock (or AmCiv in your case) right away (with my 17). That gives me the Comp for my warmup without a break - which is my preference. Your way is fine though if you're comfortable with it.

AmCiv (or Guardian) are the 'money' Divisions because of the Special Categories where a person can win extra cash for being young, being old, being really old (nothing personal Don... ), or being a girl! :embarassed:

misunderestimated
08-09-2012, 12:20

You can shoot the G17 magazines in the G26 if you like. it makes a big difference in how well I can grip 26 with the larger magazines. It shoots real nice with the larger magazines

Ranger54
08-09-2012, 15:06
I also shoot 4 entries per match, Am Civ, Sub, Heavy and Comp. Sign in all 4 at each stage, stay at the last stage I sign in at, that will be the one I shoot first. Then let the ROs decide if I can do all four at once, which I prefer, or by THEIR choice, shoot 2, then pause and shoot two more after they give another shooter an opportunity. I have ALL magazines loaded for all 4 when I arrive at the stage so, can do 4 without a break.

BamaTrooper
08-09-2012, 19:02

Yes, sign in for all four, check ready for your first two, shoot through and then repeat.

The Box
08-09-2012, 19:31
Thanks for all of the input. I think I will do that...break it up into two mini matches with a hot dog in between (or burrito).

Comrade Bork
08-10-2012, 19:03
The best way to shoot 4 entries is faster and straighter than anyone else in the Divisions you shoot.

:rofl:

kyglockshooter 2.0
08-10-2012, 22:08

also make sure all mags are loaded my dad and i shoot a total of 6-8 guns and i have a fun time trying to get them loaded in time

PM720
08-11-2012, 00:38
also make sure all mags are loaded my dad and i shoot a total of 6-8 guns and i have a fun time trying to get them loaded in time

Easy solution for that, buy more mags! :supergrin:

Scott

Bob F.
08-20-2012, 20:35
One at a time???