What are you shooting? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What are you shooting?

theAlgorithmist
08-09-2012, 07:23
Shot some Buffalo Bore (JHPs and the Tac-XP) along with FMJ's from Good To Go Ammo - pretty hot round in itself.

First time anyone has asked me 'what are you shooting?'

NitLion
08-09-2012, 16:25
Shot some Buffalo Bore (JHPs and the Tac-XP) along with FMJ's from Good To Go Ammo - pretty hot round in itself.

Good to Go Ammo?! Great! You had to give me another lead? My list gets longer and my pocket book lighter:supergrin:
Last time out, I shot
Fiocchi - 124g - FMJ
Sellier & Belliot - 140g - FMJ
Prvi Partizan - 125g - FPJ
and Parabellum Research - 125g - FMJ (value line)(RL)

I think I have decided to bring
Load-X - 124g - TMJ
Sillman Cartridge Company - 147g - FMJ
Triton - 115g - JHP

to my next range visit. The first two I have not shot before. The Triton is no longer made so I need to use it up and switch my carry loads...

2-8 Marine
08-11-2012, 11:53
I'm brand new to the 357 Sig cartridge and fast becoming a true fan. Last week, I purchased a Lone Wolf barrel in 357 Sig converting my G27 to the cartridge. I only bought a few boxes of ammo as I wasn't really sure what to expect. I fired a box of Remington, 125 gr. JHP and a box of Lawman, 125 gr. TMJ along with some 9MM and 40 S&W - I have the 9MM conversion barrel as well. To be honest, I didn't notice any significant difference between the recoil of the 40 S&W and 357 Sig. Though I was really impressed to be able to switch between three calibers with just one pistol . I did like the 357 Sig and have ordered some "canned heat" from the Georgia Ammo Company in 357 Sig. I'm still undecided however in which JHP rounds I'll carry for self defense.

theAlgorithmist
08-11-2012, 18:58
Interested in what you think of the canned heat ammo. I've pretty much decided on GTG for practice - hot load/low flash/new brass and $21.95 per 50 w/no shipping if you're in the D/FW area :)

Carry - currently Tac-XP and Federal HST. Like to keep a mag of something heavy like the Hornady 147gr. XTP available. Generally carry 5 mags when I hike, and I have yet to try the DT 147gr. FMJ/FP or their 180gr. hardcast. Would like to get a chrono first.

Always something else to buy ...

2-8 Marine
08-13-2012, 10:02
Interested in what you think of the canned heat ammo. I've pretty much decided on GTG for practice - hot load/low flash/new brass and $21.95 per 50 w/no shipping if you're in the D/FW area :)

Carry - currently Tac-XP and Federal HST. Like to keep a mag of something heavy like the Hornady 147gr. XTP available. Generally carry 5 mags when I hike, and I have yet to try the DT 147gr. FMJ/FP or their 180gr. hardcast. Would like to get a chrono first.

Always something else to buy ...

I just ordered 500 rounds of 357 sig and 500 rounds of .40 S&W "canned heat" from the Georgia Ammo Co. over the weekend. I expect it to arrive in a few days . . . I'll let you know what I think of it once I get to the range to try it out.

theAlgorithmist
08-13-2012, 18:06
Looking forward to the report - I hope to have a chrono before the end of the month as well as an extended barrel for the 31. Lots of stuff to report :)