Well folks, it's almost over! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Well folks, it's almost over!

kcb
08-09-2012, 11:34
:crying: :supergrin: :cheerleader: :dunno:

<---filled with mixed emotions!

Dinky
08-09-2012, 11:45
Summer vacation :crying:

Now get back to work :tongueout:

youngdocglock
08-09-2012, 11:49
i for one am sort of glad the summer is over. I live in a town next to tourist central. So while the weather is nice, sitting in traffic for 35 minutes trying to get to Cabelas to buy ammo is not. Neither is all of the French Canadian Drivers who have NO IDEA how to drive in the US, who almost ram me off the road, run red lights and drive 20 under the limit. Cold weather means they all leave! Which is something i greatly look forward to. Also i look forward to NOT having 500 people a day assume that i speak french and get angry at me when they realize i dont :-)

But then again i hate snow so.......im on the fence :-)

OSSI
08-09-2012, 14:40
:crying: :supergrin: :cheerleader: :dunno:

<---filled with mixed emotions!

Well, here it's about to start :supergrin:

Bullman
08-09-2012, 16:35
i for one am sort of glad the summer is over. I live in a town next to tourist central. So while the weather is nice, sitting in traffic for 35 minutes trying to get to Cabelas to buy ammo is not. Neither is all of the French Canadian Drivers who have NO IDEA how to drive in the US, who almost ram me off the road, run red lights and drive 20 under the limit. Cold weather means they all leave! Which is something i greatly look forward to. Also i look forward to NOT having 500 people a day assume that i speak french and get angry at me when they realize i dont :-)

We wear the Canadian drivers out down here. You're right, they are a bunch of non drivers:supergrin:

kcb
08-10-2012, 12:43
:woohoo: :cheerleader:

Hubby called me earlier today to tell me that he is taking off the remainder of my summer vacation with me!

We will relax and ENJOY the fruits of ALL the work that we have done all summer!! We FINALLY finished renovating our backyard! :faint:

:supergrin: :wavey:

kcb
08-10-2012, 12:44

Living in Central Florida....

It is ALWAYS tourist season and our roads are ALWAYS full of people that have NO CLUE of how to drive! We have become the melting pot of the WORLD!!! :steamed:

:supergrin:

OSSI
08-10-2012, 14:27

Hubby called me earlier today to tell me that he is taking off the remainder of my summer vacation with me!

We will relax and ENJOY the fruits of ALL the work that we have done all summer!! We FINALLY finished renovating our backyard! :faint:

:needspics:

kcb
08-10-2012, 16:03
:needspics:

It might not look like a lot....but we did all of the work ourselves. We live in an area where the backyards aren't anywhere as nice as yours, Ossi!

One day, it is our dream to look out and see forever, God's beautiful world!

But for now, this is our "little peace of heaven"...be it ever so humble.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/Viewfromwestsideofpool.jpg

Our pool is a swimming spa. There is a bench on one end with spa jets...so it has been a place for our kids to play when they were growing up, and a place for us to relax and chill out. This summer
we added the waterfall.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/ViewfromFirePit.jpg We added the fire pit this winter.

Our tiny little garden is really an experiment at this point. I am happy to say we have already had a few tomatoes and sweet peppers from it. They were very good. The plants are
all at least 5 times the size they were when we took this photo.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/OurGarden.jpg

We also renovated and stained the entire fence. I thought we had
a small backyard, until I stained that picket fence...by hand. SUDDENLY, it seemed huge. I also painted the back of the house, and inside the Florida room. Once I make new curtains, and pillows for the chairs, I will post a photo of that area.

We have finished the cabinets for the outdoor kitchen but are still contemplating the countertops. Apparently we do not want to buy enough Granite to interest anyone in selling it to us. I don't understand that. :upeyes: It sounds like a lot to us????

OSSI
08-10-2012, 16:39
I'm impressed. Well done
It looks very nice and cosy :)

kcb
08-10-2012, 19:04
I'm impressed. Well done
It looks very nice and cosy :)

Thanks, Ossi!

It is! I kind of showed the photos that make it appear smaller...not that it's a huge area. But it is cozy and can be quite romantic in the evening with the fire pit and the torches all glowing. :hearts:

There is still a corner that I didn't show where the outdoor
kitchen is.

We have plenty of room, sitting area, and dining areas now to accommodate MY entire family, once again...and to have a decent size party. (Which we are hoping to do a lot more entertaining again this year!)

Edited to add:
I could NOT find this photo on this computer....gotta correct that before I "shoot" my old lappy! But I had it in my photobucket...I'm
pretty sure I've posted it before.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/IMG_4830.jpg

OSSI
08-10-2012, 19:50
Nice
Whats the Red?? :)

kcb
08-11-2012, 14:27
Nice
Whats the Red?? :)

It's hard to say now, but I think the wine in that photo was probably a Sangria.

On a happy note, too....

we JUST got home from ordering the Granite!!! SO, the countertops should be completed in about 3 weeks or so....(+ or -) after they come out and do the final measurements and make the
templates!

Bullman
08-11-2012, 16:55
Living in Central Florida....

It is ALWAYS tourist season and our roads are ALWAYS full of people that have NO CLUE of how to drive! We have become the melting pot of the WORLD!!! :steamed:

All because of a silly little rodent:supergrin:

Dinky
08-13-2012, 09:06

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/400156156314?$mercdetail$

kcb
08-13-2012, 18:23

http://cdn.s7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/400156156314?$mercdetail$

WELL....

It all started out with a little mouse many years ago...
but NOW its a mouse, a BIG FISH, a Mr. Potter, and on, and on and on....

and they are all just a FEW minutes away from my house.

:sigh: :faint:

Earlier this afternoon, they were diverting the landing path to OIA right over our little backyard. Yes, I was passing out Pretzels and Peanuts to the passengers as they were preparing to land for their vacation of a lifetime!

CJStudent
08-13-2012, 19:27
It's hard to say now, but I think the wine in that photo was probably a Sangria.

On a happy note, too....

we JUST got home from ordering the Granite!!! SO, the countertops should be completed in about 3 weeks or so....(+ or -) after they come out and do the final measurements and make the
templates!

:woohoo:

As to the tourists; it's been pretty bad here this year, too. I drive 124 miles a day, round-trip to and from work. Most is on the interstate, and I swear, we get the most non-driving idiots on the road. Hoosiers are worse than anything I've seen, but Floridians (no offense to you, KCB! I'm sure you drive awesomely!) are pretty bad about putt-putting as well here!

kcb
08-15-2012, 14:56
:woohoo:

As to the tourists; it's been pretty bad here this year, too. I drive 124 miles a day, round-trip to and from work. Most is on the interstate, and I swear, we get the most non-driving idiots on the road. Hoosiers are worse than anything I've seen, but Floridians (no offense to you, KCB! I'm sure you drive awesomely!) are pretty bad about putt-putting as well here!

Like I said, we live in the melting pot of the world! No one drives the way we were taught to drive in Driver's Ed...in fact, I'm not even sure it is a requirement here anymore!

It is AWFUL to drive here....especially in our area!!!

:scared:

kcb
08-15-2012, 15:00
Well...this is it!

Back to work, bright and early in the morning! :yawn:

I have enjoyed this summer, and I enjoyed the last several days being off with my hubby.

Yesterday, we did manage to relax and totally enjoy all of our
renovations....and we have this afternoon, as well!

The kids don't return until Monday, but I have a ton of work
to do before then!

I'll be burning the midnight oil starting tomorrow....until then!
(and probably the first month or so...until it's time for report cards!)

:faint:

Only 180 days with them, until next summer vacation!

BabyTaz
08-15-2012, 19:51
They start going back tomorrow!:supergrin:

too bad hubby is out of town and can't enjoy it with me!:crying:

Bow Commander
08-16-2012, 11:39
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/kcb405/OurGarden.jpg

Now THAT is awesome. I've never seen that down spout water recycling thingy. Very cool.

tous
08-16-2012, 17:49
(and probably the first month or so...until it's time for report cards!)

Only 180 days with them, until next summer vacation!

Flunk 'em all.

It builds character.
Just ask Dinky.

:wavey:

Dinky
08-17-2012, 18:20
Flunk 'em all.

It builds character.
Just ask Dinky.

I am a character:tongueout:

Bullman
08-17-2012, 18:53
Me too, I like to think of myself as the jovial fat comic relief sorta guy.

tous
08-18-2012, 08:23
I am a character:tongueout:

And you was successfully builted by failure in the public education system, you was. :thumbsup:

Those poor teachers neither understood nor could they cope with your unique genius.

kcb
08-18-2012, 10:18
Saw some SCAREY :scared: little Kindergartners last night
at open house.

Several little temper tantrums with their parents there....CAN'T wait to have them in my classroom...on computers, no less! :alex: :faint:

Of course, many of them are amazingly cute...but the several that aren't can overshadow those challenging ones!

That is what scares us all the most at the beginning of the
new year...orienting the little ones to going to school.

kcb
08-18-2012, 18:50
AS I predicted...I was up until almost 4 a.m. this morning working on my paperwork to get me started through the first
week or so of school/classes.

I finally caved, and took a nap for about 6 hours and got back to work.

By the time my hubby got home from work + 30 minutes, I accomplished a LOT more than I EVER thought I would accomplish this weekend.

SO, I will do some quality checks (to make sure in my weariness during the wee hours this morning that I didn't make any major mistakes) in the morning. Otherwise, I FEEL good
about all that I have accomplished this weekend! I think I have a really good start for the entire year, now!

Hopefully, I won't have to drag too much more home during the week or even next week or for a while...unless we get new teachers, etc.

Our enrollment is down...MAYBE because of the bad press.

Our school board has even made the national news this summer...but the person that I think was one of the biggest "issues" on our school board was voted out of office on Tuesday....

I would NEVER go in to politics. NEVER.

So there is a good possibility that after a month or so enrollment will increase after the school year gets under way.

This has happened before...and we have recovered.

I am starting out teaching only five classes a day instead of my usual six....but my principal and assistant principal told me that could very well change...plus I will back up the science teacher until the changes do occur! I already back up the Librarian, and have for several years now. Sometimes, I teach several classes at a time!
Never a dull moment! Fun times for all! :supergrin:

:angel:

I am fading fast this evening!

:wavey: :cool:

kcb
08-18-2012, 18:57
:embarassed:

Seriously! I am so tired! Not sure what I have said!

"Say Goodnight, Gracie."

"Goodnight!"

:cool: :wavey:

Dinky
08-19-2012, 09:18
Me too, I like to think of myself as the jovial fat comic relief sorta guy.

:rofl:

Dinky
08-19-2012, 09:20
And you was successfully builted by failure in the public education system, you was. :thumbsup:

Those poor teachers neither understood nor could they cope with your unique genius.

Unique character is me:whistling:

Dinky
08-19-2012, 09:21
:embarassed:

Seriously! I am so tired! Not sure what I have said!

"Say Goodnight, Gracie."

"Goodnight!"

:cool: :wavey:

Good morning Gracie:wavey:

kcb
08-24-2012, 20:04
Good morning Gracie:wavey:

Well I made it through the first five days with the little children!

Only 175 left to go!

kcb
08-24-2012, 20:08
Today, in my kindergarten class, I had a little boy with a name that is near and dear to us oldtimers. I've never heard this name, anywhere else....but here!

It is.......

ENDER

scratchy wilson
08-24-2012, 20:12
Today, in my kindergarten class, I had a little boy with a name that is near and dear to us oldtimers. I've never heard this name, anywhere else....but here!

It is.......

ENDER

:crieslikeender:

kcb
08-24-2012, 21:06
:crieslikeender:

:highfive: