Conservative Group Launches “Dump Romney” Campaign [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Group Launches “Dump Romney” Campaign

Ruble Noon
08-09-2012, 19:27
A group called "Jews and Christians Together," which backed Rick Santorum in the Republican primary, is sending a memo (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0l0anHiN9yIUXdSQVZCV3UyNWM/edit) to Republican National Convention delegates urging them not to vote for Mitt Romney at the convention, even if they're bound to him.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/conservative-group-launches-dump-romney-campaign

The Machinist
08-09-2012, 19:41
Conservatives against Romney? Well then they must be liberals. That's the prevailing wisdom in these parts. These conservatives must be liberals. There's no other rational explanation!

Ruble Noon
08-09-2012, 19:49
Conservatives against Romney? Well then they must be liberals. That's the prevailing wisdom in these parts. These conservatives must be liberals. There's no other rational explanation!

Liberals and Obama supporters, at least according to GTPI anyhow.

countrygun
08-09-2012, 19:56

It's good to see that you are embracing the concept of rationality. it's refreshing change to see it.

DOC44
08-09-2012, 20:05
False flag and I hope Santorum knows it.

Doc44

Chris Brines
08-09-2012, 20:20
I haven't seen many things about Romney that just scream "conservative" either. Seems more like he'll go with whatever the person with the most money and power wants him to. He's just like the rest of the crooked globalists from what I can tell. But then again if he's the only option against that piece of **** Ovomit, I guess I'll reluctantly vote for him. I really don't know though. Just sayin'

kirgi08
08-10-2012, 02:58
I'm a tri county folk type person.'08.

series1811
08-10-2012, 05:55
False flag and I hope Santorum knows it.

Doc44

Yep. Asymmetrical warfare of the simplest sort.

beforeobamabans
08-10-2012, 06:56
Sign me up.

JW1178
08-10-2012, 07:10
Well, this election once again we have to choose between the lesser of two evils. We have a left wing liberal vs. the current POTUS. The only thing about Romney is he knows about business.

Here is what SCARES the hell out of me about Romney when it comes to gun rights. We know he is pro-gun control. If Obama were to try to (as he already has) reinstate the AWB or any other gun control bill, the Republicans and even most moderate democrats would strongly oppose it. If Romney were to try to reinstate the AWB or gun control, many Republicans would "vote with the party" and would vote it in. The Dems would of course vote it in, perhaps a few would vote against it and if we complain, well we can't blame the Dems.

JFrame
08-10-2012, 07:17
If Romney were to try to reinstate the AWB or gun control, many Republicans would "vote with the party" and would vote it in. The Dems would of course vote it in, perhaps a few would vote against it and if we complain, well we can't blame the Dems.

I think you sort of have it backwards. The president would sign in a bill that Congress presents to him. I doubt that a GOP-dominated Congress would ever present whoever is sitting in the Oval Office with that opportunity.

JBnTX
08-10-2012, 08:59
I'm all for dumping Romney for a more conservative candidate,
but it's too late in the election process to do that.

And just who would replace Romney?

Skyhook
08-10-2012, 10:59
Well, this election once again we have to choose between the lesser of two evils. We have a left wing liberal vs. the current POTUS. The only thing about Romney is he knows about business.

Here is what SCARES the hell out of me about Romney when it comes to gun rights. We know he is pro-gun control. If Obama were to try to (as he already has) reinstate the AWB or any other gun control bill, the Republicans and even most moderate democrats would strongly oppose it. If Romney were to try to reinstate the AWB or gun control, many Republicans would "vote with the party" and would vote it in. The Dems would of course vote it in, perhaps a few would vote against it and if we complain, well we can't blame the Dems.

In Sam Rayburn's words, politicians (law makers) come in two categories; Work Horses (Romney) and Show Horses (Obama). The Republicans need to get that out all over the place for even the most stupid are likely to make that connection and we need a 'work horse' at this juncture, not a delicate little show horse.

Brucev
08-10-2012, 11:09
Just stamp it CWOT... Complete Waste Of Time.

aspartz
08-10-2012, 11:38
In Sam Rayburn's words, politicians (law makers) come in two categories; Work Horses (Romney) and Show Horses (Obama). The Republicans need to get that out all over the place for even the most stupid are likely to make that connection and we need a 'work horse' at this juncture, not a delicate little show horse.
How is Romney a better choice if he is a "workhorse" for the other side?

ARS

countrygun
08-10-2012, 11:42
How is Romney a better choice if he is a "workhorse" for the other side?

ARS

Did it ever dawn on anyone that the "pro-Obama" folks are the ones spreading all of the "Romney is no different and Romney is a liberal" stuff around to lower Republican enthusiasm and voter turnout?

Rabbit994
08-10-2012, 12:39
Dump Romney for who? Crazy Ricky?

Lethaltxn
08-10-2012, 12:47
I'm all for dumping Romney for a more conservative candidate,
but it's too late in the election process to do that.

And just who would replace Romney?

Beat me to it.

JayJay83
08-10-2012, 12:51
If I was an American Republican and/or conservative I'd be praying to my God that he does get dumped. The momentum another reasonable candidate might get from the surprise outcome of the convention could be enough to beat Obama in November. And since Romney appears to have no chance, why not?

czsmithGT
08-10-2012, 13:02
Did it ever dawn on anyone that the "pro-Obama" folks are the ones spreading all of the "Romney is no different and Romney is a liberal" stuff around to lower Republican enthusiasm and voter turnout?

No the people (who are not merely Obama trolls in disguise) who want to dump Romney at this point in favor of (fill in the blank of your favorite unelectable strict conservative) are brain damaged.

Getting the Communist traitor out of office is Job 1- anything else is a waste of energy. Romney is the ONLY hope of getting it done. If Romney turns out to be as bad as some think he will be a million times better than Obama and he can be replaced in 2016. If Obama gets re-elected there won't be a 2016 election.

czsmithGT
08-10-2012, 13:03
The momentum another reasonable candidate might get from the surprise outcome of the convention could be enough to beat Obama in November. And since Romney appears to have no chance, why not?

This is just idiotic.

JBnTX
08-10-2012, 13:08

You're exactly right!...:thumbsup:

chickenwing
08-10-2012, 13:51
So, are we going to take bets on who gets the blame for Mitt losing? I'll take libertarians and paulbots for a trillion Zimbabwean $'s.

Regards to the OP. I am no fan of Mitt, but Rick was the scariest out of the candidates. And I wouldn't be surprised if this memo is do to the fact that ole Mitt is a Mormon.

Flying-Dutchman
08-10-2012, 14:42
Yep, you nailed it.

Romney will be one of the best Presidents ever.

Why would anyone want 4 more years of the Obama nightmare and disaster? Give someone else a chance.

When Romney takes the helm 20-1-2012 will he blame Obama for the steaming pile of crap left in the Oval Office? No, he will get to work.

countrygun
08-10-2012, 17:23
Yep, you nailed it.

Romney will be one of the best Presidents ever.

Why would anyone want 4 more years of the Obama nightmare and disaster? Give someone else a chance.

When Romney takes the helm 20-1-2012 will he blame Obama for the steaming pile of crap left in the Oval Office? No, he will get to work.

I am glad to see the the optimism factor is kicking in, Now, doesn't that feel a lot better than thinking about four more years of Obama blaming Bush?

I am glad to see that you are coming around to a sensible position.

Congratulatons:supergrin:

Acujeff
08-10-2012, 18:05

It is understandable that Obama supporters are going to come to gun forums and try to persuade us to avoid supporting and voting for Romney. The liberal mainstream media and politicians are using the same strategy to desperately misrepresent and revise Romney's record in all arenas and distract us from Obama's record and agenda. Expect to see a lot more leading up to the election.

Where is the Democrat outrage over Obama's actions thus far over the following?
Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harrass gun shops out of business, promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty, appointing two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and appointing 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

It's not hard to imagine what Obama will do if he gets a second term. It will be a "mandate" for another AWB, more regulations, executive orders and legislation governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce. In addition, lots more anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices.

Here’s the rest of Obama’s record:
http://www.gunbanobama.com/GettheFacts.aspx

Romney is not "the same as Obama", the "lesser of evils" or "Obama-lite". In 2008 he was rated "B" by the NRA and Obama was rated "F". Since then, Romney has only become more pro-gun and Obama anti-gun. Romney would be a much better President for gun-owners than Obama.

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

Romney‘s positions:
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution

It's up to individual gun-owners to to get the facts and make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

countrygun
08-10-2012, 18:14
It is understandable that Obama supporters are going to come to gun forums and try to persuade us to avoid supporting and voting for Romney. The liberal mainstream media and politicians are using the same strategy to desperately misrepresent and revise Romney's record in all arenas and distract us from Obama's record and agenda. Expect to see a lot more leading up to the election.

Where is the Democrat outrage over Obama's actions thus far over the following?
Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harrass gun shops out of business, promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty, appointing two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and appointing 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

It's not hard to imagine what Obama will do if he gets a second term. It will be a "mandate" for another AWB, more regulations, executive orders and legislation governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce. In addition, lots more anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices.

Here’s the rest of Obama’s record:
http://www.gunbanobama.com/GettheFacts.aspx

Romney is not "the same as Obama", the "lesser of evils" or "Obama-lite". In 2008 he was rated "B" by the NRA and Obama was rated "F". Since then, Romney has only become more pro-gun and Obama anti-gun. Romney would be a much better President for gun-owners than Obama.

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

Romney‘s positions:
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution

It's up to individual gun-owners to to get the facts and make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

:perfect10:

People saying that there is no difference between Romney and Obama on this issue, on gun forums, are just blowing smoke to cover Obama's record. Believe it or not, there are pro-Obama folks who would fib----no kidding.

Cavalry Doc
08-10-2012, 18:18
There is going to be some discontent on both sides this time around, when neither is going to appeal very well to their base.

Should be fun to watch.

:popcorn:

JohnH
08-10-2012, 18:42

Vast Left Wing conspiracy, sez ya? :tinfoil::tinfoil:

JFrame
08-10-2012, 18:48

Meh -- the rogues' gallery of banned "centrists" would indicate that it is more than just a conspiracy theory.

countrygun
08-10-2012, 19:11

Just keep believing that the political arena has a clean floor.

Now, would you like to do something useful and maybe tell me why I can't possibly be right?

JohnH
08-10-2012, 20:20
Meh -- the rogues' gallery of banned "centrists" would indicate that it is more than just a conspiracy theory.

Centrists conspiring against a Massachusetts liberal who authored government mandated healthcare!? Sheesh, you probably believe Romney is a member of Utah based polygamy cult and wears magic panties.

countrygun
08-10-2012, 20:33
Centrists conspiring against a Massachusetts liberal who authored government mandated healthcare!? Sheesh, you probably believe Romney is a member of Utah based polygamy cult and wears magic panties.

Nah, "centrists":upeyes:trying to keep a Marxist, in the White House was the tip-off to me.

JayJay83
08-11-2012, 09:26
This is just idiotic.

Perhaps, but do you really think Romney stands a chance? It's not just the polls. That guy just has no charisma and a bad track record as a conservative.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 09:29

Nah, "centrists":upeyes: frying to keep a Marxist, in the White House was the tip-off to me.

That second one is much more accurate. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good2.gif

Skyhook
08-11-2012, 11:17
Perhaps, but do you really think Romney stands a chance? It's not just the polls. That guy just has no charisma and a bad track record as a conservative.

Sounds like what any fourteen or fifteen year old might say about his father... if he was lucky enough to know who his father is. :upeyes:

JayJay83
08-11-2012, 11:19
Sounds like what any fourteen or fifteen year old might say about his father... if he was lucky enough to know who his father is. :upeyes:
What are you talking about?

Skyhook
08-11-2012, 11:30
What are you talking about?

Well, you may have a beef with the 'conservative' issue and Mitt, but doesn't the bit of 'no charisma' smack of something like a kid would want in a leader?

No, Mitt cannot stand toe-to-toe with the flashy, lying, promise-maker, singing & dancing Obama, but, what is it we as a country need right now? It ain't more charisma, that's for sure, even though if Mitt grew some I admit it would help him... and us.

Heaven help us all if the electorate goes for 'charisma' once more.:faint:

JayJay83
08-11-2012, 11:36
Well, you may have a beef with the 'conservative' issue and Mitt, but doesn't the bit of 'no charisma' smack of something like a kid would want in a leader?

No, Mitt cannot stand toe-to-toe with the flashy, lying, promise-maker, singing & dancing Obama, but, what is it we as a country need right now? It ain't more charisma, that's for sure, even though if Mitt grew some I admit it would help him... and us.

Heaven help us all if the electorate goes for 'charisma' once more.:faint:

Ah, okay. You got me wrong. I'm not saying I would go for charisma, but I'm pretty sure the average voting person is very susceptible to it. That's why it's important, sad as that may be.

Skyhook
08-11-2012, 11:39
Ah, okay. You got me wrong. I'm not saying I would go for charisma, but I'm pretty sure the average voting person is very susceptible to it. That's why it's important, sad as that may be.

Ok. But, I'd still like to think Mitt has a chance.
:beer:

countrygun
08-11-2012, 11:42

This election is going to be about,

"Free Cheese" vs "Free Enterprise"

czsmithGT
08-12-2012, 10:59

Not only do I think he has a chance, I think he will win in a landslide. I smell Reagan-Carter all over again. When the rubber meets the road, voters will do the right thing.