Funny or Scary: Order TV, Get Sig Assault Rifle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Funny or Scary: Order TV, Get Sig Assault Rifle

PsychoKnight
08-09-2012, 22:35
http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/216000/158/Mail-Order-Mistake-Man-Buys-TV-Receives-Assault-Rifle-Via-UPS

glock_19guy1983
08-09-2012, 23:03
Jambog and this has absolutely nothing to do with reloading.

country85
08-09-2012, 23:08
Neither, It pisses me off. I mean with all the talk of doing away with mail order components, this crap does not need to happen. The UPS driver should be charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act or something. Thank God he dropped off at some guy's house who obeys the law. Hate to think what would have happened if it would have came in to the wrong hands. Plus you gotta love how the media throws around the term "assault rifle". I have a semi auto Co2 pellet rifle, guess it's an assault weapon now.... How the heck does a package that DELIVERS TO AND FFL ONLY get delivered to this nerd's house?????????? Hell maybe next time I order a box of ammo they will just send me a whole gun.. Okay I'm done ranting, but still how the heck does that happen?

country85
08-09-2012, 23:10
Jambog and this has absolutely nothing to do with reloading.

just realized I was still in the reloading section :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: so much for my rant :shocked:

PsychoKnight
08-09-2012, 23:22
Neither, It pisses me off. I mean with all the talk of doing away with mail order components, this crap does not need to happen. The UPS driver should be charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act or something. Thank God he dropped off at some guy's house who obeys the law. Hate to think what would have happened if it would have came in to the wrong hands. Plus you gotta love how the media throws around the term "assault rifle". I have a semi auto Co2 pellet rifle, guess it's an assault weapon now.... How the heck does a package that DELIVERS TO AND FFL ONLY get delivered to this nerd's house?????????? Hell maybe next time I order a box of ammo they will just send me a whole gun.. Okay I'm done ranting, but still how the heck does that happen?

I imagine the UPS shipping label was simply put on the wrong box. The employee didn't have enough reason to care to match the invoice with the shipping label. Most likely, the FFL dealer received a large flat screen on the same day. The investigation will lead no where, because which warehouse clerk is actually gonna throw up their hands and say, awe shucks, you got me, it was me, now fire me and hit me with all the federal and D.C. criminal charges you can muster.

Country85: you're forgiven. If you look hard enough on this forum, you'll see a thread dedicated to pictures of an old geezer being surrounded by hot Colorado babes. Then there's posts about how harmful and not-fit-for-human-consumption cow milk actually is (I started that one actually). Farther back, you'll see photos of a reloader's baby, hot babes, not so hot reloader dudes, and just other craziness. Welcome and enjoy the show!

shotgunred
08-10-2012, 09:25
Man how come mistake like that never happen to me.

Bren
08-10-2012, 10:02
Not sure why it would be "scary" It's an unloaded rifle. If he already has ammo for it, then he's already got a rifle and, if not, it isn't going to hurt anything. If he wants to kill somebody he can get a gun or use a baseball bat or kitchen knife from Walmart, so getting a rifle in the mail isn't going to turn him into a psycho killer.

janice6
08-10-2012, 10:04
Crap! All I ever get is what I order. What am I doing wrong?

El_Ron1
08-10-2012, 18:42
Funny or Scary: Order TV, Get Sig Assault Rifle

http://cdn.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachments/f97/52311d1343173739-culture-death-mr_burns_excellent.jpg

dkf
08-10-2012, 19:10
The UPS drivers get like 30 seconds per stop. The label on the package said it was to go to that nerd so to the nerd it went.

I'd love to have a free rifle like that but I would have had the police come and pick the gun up also.

Gun Shark
08-10-2012, 19:33
neither really, and after I called the people I knew(that I know are responsible) to come and check what just happened(and one of them just happens to be a police officer) I would see if he wanted to take it in. or if he didn't want anything to do with it, I would just call the police non-emergency number, and ask what they wanted me to do with it.

njl
08-10-2012, 20:28
UPS drops packages at the wrong addresses all the time. What I don't get is how the rifle would get this guy's name and address on the shipping label. It's not like Amazon ships firearms (AFAIK). I wonder if this was actually a bug in UPS's online shipping label generator and somehow two simultaneous requests got swapped and neither place had anyone checking to make sure the label slapped on the box matched the order in their system. This actually wouldn't surprise me at all...but if it is what happened, I'd think this sort of thing would happen more often.

PsychoKnight
08-11-2012, 23:06
Not sure why it would be "scary" It's an unloaded rifle. If he already has ammo for it, then he's already got a rifle and, if not, it isn't going to hurt anything. If he wants to kill somebody he can get a gun or use a baseball bat or kitchen knife from Walmart, so getting a rifle in the mail isn't going to turn him into a psycho killer.

Mmmm, I think if you show 10 random neighbors and co-workers of yours a photo of the Sig rifle, explain its a real gun, not a toy, and how they would feel if it was shipped to their neighbor by mistake; most reactions would be very negative. Think of all the people who want to ban "assault" rifles, all the people who openly ask "why would a normal citizen have a need, or a right, to own military style rifles." Heck, they feel the same way about 16, or 30 round handgun magazines (like the restrictions here in Kalifornia). You and I don't think its scary because we are comfortable around these kinds of guns. I think the majority of Americans are still freaked out. This is one reason I've recently begun supporting a local gun owner's group whose main purpose is to attract newbies, teach them safety, range procedures, practice with all types of firearms, especially AR's and AK's, and cultivate an interest the purchase of their own guns (after the 3rd session, they are prohibited from further attendance unless they bring their own firearm, we help with purchase advice, doc requirements, etc).

We figure the best way to protect our interests is not so much by direct political action, but by getting the general public out shooting guns, handling and feeling them, and building relationships so that they don't think the only people who have these types of rifles are anti-gov, doomsday, nut-job survivalists. Two of the four certified rangemasters who run this group were guys actually I introduced to shooting when we started college together, lost track of them, them found them 25 years later, and woh, find out they've got such an organized program going on. Best part is they work to get all the participants' girlfriends, spouses, and sisters involved (in one case, even the mom!).

youngdocglock
08-11-2012, 23:07
That is a rifle. Not an "assault rifle". Just sayin.

PsychoKnight
08-11-2012, 23:34
That is a rifle. Not an "assault rifle". Just sayin.

That's why I use the word in quotes. Some people see evil in pistol grips, retracting stocks, bi-pods, handguards, flash suppressors, night vision scopes, compensators, and higher capacity detachable mags. About a year ago, I needed one of the range members to show me what the bullet button was for. I kept swinging between incredulity and rage. Right now there's a CA bill trying to get out of committee that just flat out bans all types of rifles that have any one or more of the above features, with no grandfathering, compensation, nothing (SB249 senator Yee).

youngdocglock
08-11-2012, 23:37
That's why I use the word in quotes. Some people see evil in pistol grips, retracting stocks, bi-pods, handguards, flash suppressors, night vision scopes, compensators, and higher capacity detachable mags. About a year ago, I needed one of the range members to show me what the bullet button was for. I kept swinging between incredulity and rage. Right now there's a CA bill trying to get out of committee that just flat out bans all types of rifles that have any one or more of the above features, with no grandfathering, compensation, nothing (SB249 senator Yee).

Thats rediculous.

Someone can shoot someone just as well with a Marlin Lever Action .30-30 as they can with a AR type rifle.

Iron sights are just as accurate as red dots if used correctly.

A pistol grip on a shotgun actually reduces accuracy, especially if the stock is removed.

A Flashlight on a rifle just makes the shooter more visible.

The anti-gun people are outright stupid.