3 Arrested In Connection With Concealed Carry Permit Scheme [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 3 Arrested In Connection With Concealed Carry Permit Scheme

TBO
08-10-2012, 09:46
3 Arrested In Connection With Concealed Carry Permit Scheme

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/08/09/columbus-3-arrested-in-connection-with-concealed-carry-permit-scheme_.html

RussP
08-10-2012, 10:37
We had a thread about this earlier, didn't we?

No, this is a new batch of cheats and crooks...:faint:

janice6
08-10-2012, 10:43
I have a lot invested in my CCW and I don't like these criminal types cheapening my efforts.

jeanderson
08-10-2012, 10:55
In Ohio, the CCW course is 12 hours. Is that too much to ask? Fortunately, the folks who got their permit under false pretenses will have them revoked until they take a legit course. More than I can say for the illegals who got into this country illegally and are now being granted amnesty!

Gunnut 45/454
08-10-2012, 10:56
So just because the CCW holders didn't get a class that was tought to BS standards they are now walking around with invalid permits? Yet they met the standards for issuance by the Sheriff dept. The Cops issued the permit!! So how are they invalid!:faint:

jeanderson
08-10-2012, 11:15
So just because the CCW holders didn't get a class that was tought to BS standards they are now walking around with invalid permits? Yet they met the standards for issuance by the Sheriff dept. The Cops issued the permit!! So how are they invalid!:faint:

Essentially the cops (sheriff's office) issued the permits under false pretences.

Having just taken this course, I can tell you that yes, it is a lot of BS. The variances in state requirements and different reciprocity is just plain stupid. I can apply online for a Pennsylvania CCW with a copy of my Ohio CCW and $25. PA has no training requirement. What happens to these people if they applied to PA and have a PA license in anybody's guess.

RussP
08-10-2012, 17:11
So just because the CCW holders didn't get a class that was tought to BS standards they are now walking around with invalid permits? Yet they met the standards for issuance by the Sheriff dept. The Cops issued the permit!! So how are they invalid!:faint:You really must be kidding, right?

ColdSteelNail
08-10-2012, 17:38
In Ohio, the CCW course is 12 hours. Is that too much to ask? Fortunately, the folks who got their permit under false pretenses will have them revoked until they take a legit course. More than I can say for the illegals who got into this country illegally and are now being granted amnesty!

In Georgia we don't have to take a course or anything. Just pass the background check. I really wish we were required to take some kind of course. Carrying a loaded weapon is a very big responsibility.

HalfHazzard
08-10-2012, 17:59
Hey, I see both sides of the class/no class required. But I am mostly a libertarian, and have trouble understanding why you should have to take a class from the government to exercise a constitutional right.

But I agree that understanding your state's specific laws on self-defense, reciprocity, and off-limits is still valid.

But yet again, the criminals who carry concealed don't even bother to look up the laws, let alone follow them. In my state (no class required) I at least look them up.