Oregon CCW laws? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oregon CCW laws?

DR. HOUSE
08-10-2012, 10:07
Someone is trying to tell me that in Oregon, if you show your CCW weapon, take it out in public or press your shirt against it, they can REVOKE your CCW.

This does not make sense to me unless it starts something that needs to go to court.

It also does not make sense because Oregon is a friendly state for open carry.

Can someone that knows the Oregon laws give me some facts here?

DR. HOUSE
08-10-2012, 10:45
No one?

I am quite frankly shocked.

Angry Fist
08-10-2012, 11:09
Don't go doing **** like that. Where ya been, Doc?

DR. HOUSE
08-10-2012, 11:18
Don't go doing **** like that. Where ya been, Doc?

Oh, I agree. It's really dumb to do **** like that. All it does is start **** and it usually ends in a bad way.

Oh.......Just keeping busy really.

How ya been bud?

Angry Fist
08-10-2012, 11:19
Just screwin' the pooch, as usual.

DR. HOUSE
08-10-2012, 11:23
Just screwin' the pooch, as usual.

I see there are a lot of new people here as expected.

Any of the old farts still around besides Okie?

Darkangel1846
08-11-2012, 11:08
Doc. once again this is in the eye of the beholder LEO. Many places in Oregon the Soccer Moms will automatically call the law if they see you with a gun. The law will always respond and question you. If you have a valid permit, no they won't yank your permit for accidentally printing. Now if you pull your handgun for some reason they will investigat why you pulled your handgun and may revoke you permit. Once again it depends where this happens. Also you have to be aware of the "gun free zones" and no weapon signs. If you open carry in eugene , Portland, Corvallis...you will be stopped by the Law. Every som often the law will be called to WalMart here where I live to "Investigate" a person packing heat.....The police or sheriff never do anything if you have a permit and were not causing a problem.

avenues165
08-11-2012, 18:37
I am curious Darkangel, how hard is it for a non-resident to obtain an Oregon CCW permit? Oregon will not recognize a permit from my state, Utah, or the permit I am applying for soon, AZ.

The AZ permit helps me pick up 4 states, but no dice for Oregon. I really enjoy the Oregon coast and would like to be able to carry loaded in the car through Oregon. Is it just a total no-go?

MikeG36
08-12-2012, 02:04
I am curious Darkangel, how hard is it for a non-resident to obtain an Oregon CCW permit? Oregon will not recognize a permit from my state, Utah, or the permit I am applying for soon, AZ.

The AZ permit helps me pick up 4 states, but no dice for Oregon. I really enjoy the Oregon coast and would like to be able to carry loaded in the car through Oregon. Is it just a total no-go?

http://www.usacarry.com/oregon_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Oregon Revised Statutes (http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html) 166.291
(8) The county sheriff may waive the residency requirement in subsection (1)(c) of this section for a resident of a contiguous state who has a compelling business interest or other legitimate demonstrated need.

Out Of State Permit Issue:
Oregon will only issue permits to people who are residents of states that border Oregon. Those states are Washington, California, Idaho and Nevada. A non resident from the states listed can go to any sheriff in Oregon and apply.

Darkangel1846
08-12-2012, 13:26

Its gonna depend on the county sheriff you make application to.....If your an honest citizen some will say sure, if your in a heavy Democrat area don't count on getting a permit. Mike G 36 is a correct post.:wavey:

Few states accept Oregon for that matter...had to get a Utah Lic for CCW in Washington.

bear62
08-12-2012, 16:28
Someone is trying to tell me that in Oregon, if you show your CCW weapon, take it out in public or press your shirt against it, they can REVOKE your CCW.

This does not make sense to me unless it starts something that needs to go to court.

It also does not make sense because Oregon is a friendly state for open carry.

Can someone that knows the Oregon laws give me some facts here?

Not friendly on the liberal coast side.....