Match ammo from Atlanta Arms Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Match ammo from Atlanta Arms Ammo

misunderestimated
08-10-2012, 14:02
Atlanta Arms had a free shipping sale last week

Well I took advantage of there free shipping special from last week, I received my ammo already. I originally set out to purchase the new ammo as I did not know they also sold reloaded ammo.The fellow I spoke to on the phone had asked weather I wanted the new or the reloaded. I mentioned to the guy at Atlanta Ammo my reservations of purchasing re-loaded ammo as most of the malfunctions I see with a stock Glock are caused by re-loads. He said if you have any problems he would refund my money, the guy was so confident in his product I ordered the reloads instead. Last night I was able to get to the range and practice. These loads have barely any recoil compared to the factory stuff I been shooting. I ran about 150 rounds thru my G17 and my G34 with zero problems. I shot a magazine slow and deliberate and had an expected tight group. I shot a magazine as fast as I could and had the same tight group only slightly lower and I attribute that to me slapping the trigger not an ammo problem. The lack of recoil kept me in the same tight group on the target. I really feel these are going to give me an unfair advantage in a match as compared to people shooting Factory ammo . Topton will be my next event next week end and I will see how it affects my scores. I all ready need another case as I will be sharing the ammo with my brother inn law so he can get a feel for it. Also my 90lb 17 year old daughter has been shooting with me since she was 14, I cant get her past a 22 cal . Every time she shoots a 9mm the recoil bothers her. I think I will be able to get her shooting a 9mm now. I will update this post after Topton. But no matter what I love the loads. I shoot an Indoor Combat league during the winter and these will absolutely improve my score immediately. I just wish I would have tried these last year so I could have used them all this season at the matches.I have been holding out for a free shipping special

Roadkill_751
08-10-2012, 15:01
Danny Wisner of Atlanta Arms & Ammo is a class act for the shooting sports.

His product is reliable and he stands behind it.

His company sponsors many matches and is well known in USPSA, IDPA and GSSF.

:perfect10:

SARDG
08-10-2012, 15:12
Atlanta Arms had a free shipping sale last week...

Well I took advantage... I really feel these are going to give me an unfair advantage in a match as compared to people shooting Factory ammo...
Shhh... it's hard enough winning a match - quit telling everyone, Larry

My reloads are essentially identical to AA's match stuff and I estimate that they are good for reducing my times by 10-15% - just ammo alone.

SARDG
08-10-2012, 15:16
...These loads have barely any recoil compared to the factory stuff I been shooting...
If I could just shoot a Glock revolver in a match, I could even make mine a little softer shooting, but we got to get that big ol' slide moving. :)

BamaTrooper
08-10-2012, 16:05
Danny Wisner of Atlanta Arms & Ammo is a class act for the shooting sports.

His product is reliable and he stands behind it.

His company sponsors many matches and is well known in USPSA, IDPA and GSSF.

:perfect10:

So if I order a few cases, can you pick it up and bring it to the Mobile match:whistling:

SARDG
08-10-2012, 16:31
So if I order a few cases, can you pick it up and bring it to the Mobile match:whistling:
Good ribbing... but you're not gonna spend the money and ditch your steel Monarch after all your successes. :whistling:

Why don't you ask Phil to get you some free samples.

Roadkill_751
08-10-2012, 17:12
Good ribbing... but you're not gonna spend the money and ditch your steel Monarch after all your successes. :whistling:

He couldn't afford my delivery fees for the free samples..:whistling:

If Bama makes it Conyers, he can get some there.

PM720
08-10-2012, 17:19
+ a bunch more from me! I have been using and bragging about AAA's .40 minor loading (the reloads) and I absolutely love it. I am sure this is part of the reason why I shot under 100 at Davis and my 490+ indoor scores. :thumbsup:

Scott

todd river
08-10-2012, 17:31
I checked the website & I saw you have to call them
to order since there is nowhere close to Mobile. I know
the free shipping is over, but can anyone tell me what
the prices are for 9mm reload & new. Thanks

mikesull415
08-10-2012, 18:16
Their reloads are what one of the local ranges sell for range ammo. I absolutely love the stuff

DannyR
08-10-2012, 19:25
Call or E-mail for the latest prices.

Apprentice
08-10-2012, 21:21
Do they sell different grades? It's been years since I've used their stuff at ATL area indoor ranges. Surely they don't sell match grade stuff at such a price a public range can sell it for $15/box of 50.

Is match grade marked "match"?

SARDG
08-10-2012, 21:37
Do they sell different grades? It's been years since I've used their stuff at ATL area indoor ranges. Surely they don't sell match grade stuff at such a price a public range can sell it for $15/box of 50.

Is match grade marked "match"?
Disclaimer: I have never used their ammo, BUT their site has the new 'match' ammo as JHP and the reloads (remanufactured) as FMJ - both developing the same PF by claiming 880 fps. Their new match ammo uses Starline brass.

In my extremely accurate ~882 fps (G17) reloads, I use Starline brass and Montana Gold 147 CMJs.

I only use JHP (124s) in my racegun because in my dreams, JHP are more accurate.

BamaTrooper
08-12-2012, 08:54

I am running low on steel case. If academy doesn't run a sale soon, I don't know what I will do.:tongueout:

Seriously, I have an unlimited gun I don't take advanatge of because I don't reload. If they reload a load that is soft and will run it, why not use it, price allowing of course. Besides, I will have a lot of 9mm brass after the Mobile match and I won't even have to pick it up. Prisoners will be cleaning the range.

Apprentice
08-14-2012, 14:00
Disclaimer: I have never used their ammo, BUT their site has the new 'match' ammo as JHP and the reloads (remanufactured) as FMJ - both developing the same PF by claiming 880 fps. Their new match ammo uses Starline brass.

In my extremely accurate ~882 fps (G17) reloads, I use Starline brass and Montana Gold 147 CMJs.

I only use JHP (124s) in my racegun because in my dreams, JHP are more accurate.

Thanks! I need to track some of the match grade down to test guns' potential.

bryandover
08-14-2012, 14:26
Besides, I will have a lot of 9mm brass after the Mobile match and I won't even have to pick it up. Prisoners will be cleaning the range.

I am loading up my junk brass to leave you. :supergrin:

Roadkill_751
08-14-2012, 15:54
I am loading up my junk brass to leave you. :supergrin:

I hope that he loves my beer can ammo I am bringing!!! :tongueout:

BamaTrooper
08-14-2012, 16:31
I hope that he loves my beer can ammo I am bringing!!! :tongueout:

That'sok, I've left enough steel case to build a 57 Chevy laying in GA:rofl:

Roadkill_751
08-15-2012, 10:25
That'sok, I've left enough steel case to build a 57 Chevy laying in GA:rofl:

We actually made a Caterpillar D-9 dozer with all of that steel case ammo casings after you left. We got most of it from the plate racks... Those were pretty tough for you to hit....:tongueout::supergrin:

Fisherman
08-15-2012, 11:01
For those who have used both, does the match grade really make a difference for the average shooter? :fishing: