Breaking: FoxNews 2:00AM…Its Ryan. Announce Norfolk VA 8AM Sat [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: FoxNews 2:00AM…Its Ryan. Announce Norfolk VA 8AM Sat

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 00:02
Just in...

cowboy1964
08-11-2012, 01:21
Ugh, really?

And why are they doing this at 9am on a SATURDAY?

I swear the Romney campaign is doing everything possible to lose this election. It's McCain all over again.

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 01:27
Ugh, really?

And why are they doing this at 9am on a SATURDAY?

I swear the Romney campaign is doing everything possible to lose this election. It's McCain all over again.

Not a thing in this post makes any sense whatsoever unless you're an Obama voter.

There's nothing wrong with Saturday.

Its an excellent pick.

It helps the electoral math.

Ryan counter balances the RINO factor.

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 01:27
I believe it changes the electoral math for a win!

If Ryan brings his home state…

We can win without NV, OH or PA.

With the usual suspects,

and

CO (ahead 5 points)
NH
FL
NC
VA

It's OVER. 277-261, Romney.

It Romney can bring MI, add 16.
OH, 18
PA and its bitter clingers 20

And its a landslide, 311-227

270towin.com

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 04:53
It is a wise choice. It will reunite the GOP for the following reasons I just posted in the other thread:

As a former Ron Paul supporter, I'd say Paul Ryan is the best possible choice. If Romney gets elected, we know that the new V.P. will have a real job--driving the budget overhaul. RP's primary appeal was his seriousness about doing something real about cutting spending, balancing the budget and reducing the this country's mortal debt trajectory. The choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate shows that Romney is serious about these top priorities of the Tea Party. In addition, it reinforces in no uncertain terms that Romney will be a very different president than Obama. All those who like to say there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the candidates or parties now have nothing to say because their premise has been proven false. I was never going to vote for Obama but was toying with the idea of voting LP. But, if Ryan's on the ticket, my enthusiasm for the GOP will increase 10-fold and I will happily support it.

JBnTX
08-11-2012, 05:17
:woohoo:..

Dexters
08-11-2012, 05:26
There's nothing wrong with Saturday.

Its an excellent pick.

It helps the electoral math.

Ryan counter balances the RINO factor.

I think Mitt did it now to shift the focus off all the negatives - taxes, Bane - that Obama has been putting off.

So, now Ryan can get his proctology exam from the media. And that can be out of the way before the convention.

PettyOfficer
08-11-2012, 05:34
Ryan is a solid fiscal conservative (which is apparently what the tea party wants to be). Romney isn't a conservative, he's a rich white guy... He's clueless, but Ryan at least fights for fiscal reform and can speak intelligently on the subject, on his own, without pre-determined talking points that don't actually talk about anything.

I'm still not there yet, Romney is running for Pres, so he still has to sell me because the VP still has zero power.

zeke501
08-11-2012, 05:37
It is a wise choice. It will reunite the GOP for the following reasons I just posted in the other thread:

As a former Ron Paul supporter, I'd say Paul Ryan is the best possible choice. If Romney gets elected, we know that the new V.P. will have a real job--driving the budget overhaul. RP's primary appeal was his seriousness about doing something real about cutting spending, balancing the budget and reducing the this country's mortal debt trajectory. The choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate shows that Romney is serious about these top priorities of the Tea Party. In addition, it reinforces in no uncertain terms that Romney will be a very different president than Obama. All those who like to say there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the candidates or parties now have nothing to say because their premise has been proven false. I was never going to vote for Obama but was toying with the idea of voting LP. But, if Ryan's on the ticket, my enthusiasm for the GOP will increase 10-fold and I will happily support it.

AMEN!!! Great pick!!!!:supergrin:

71Commander
08-11-2012, 05:55
DUmb, DUmb, DUmb.

While I like the guy, IMHO, this is a big mistake.

In order to keep obama in check in case he does win, we need to take the Senate. We need power to reject his Marxist SCOTUS nominations. We can only do that with 50 Senators,

This opens up WI to a democrat party pick-up.

Allen West would have been the safer choice.

G17Jake
08-11-2012, 06:05
The media has a target now that they can begin to zero in on.

Dexters
08-11-2012, 06:08
DUmb, DUmb, DUmb.

In order to keep obama in check in case he does win, we need to take the Senate. We need power to reject his Marxist SCOTUS nominations. We can only do that with 50 Senators,

How does losing a R congressman affect the Senate composition of R/D?

ModGlock17
08-11-2012, 06:14
DUmb, DUmb, DUmb.

That's why I wouldn't pick a senator like Portman nor Rubio. I would have pick Ryan as he's a Congressman not a Senator. We've got plenty of Congressman and least likely to lose majority there in the US House. This is very good.

Been working 12 hr days like a dog, but I just have to get in on this. Very exciting!

ModGlock17
08-11-2012, 06:20
The media has a target now that they can begin to zero in on.

Can you imagine a debate between a loud mouth VP and Ryan ?

It would be like the Dream Team in Barcelona Olympic against Venezuela basketball team.

One goes off the cuff with fictitious items, and the others with real statistical facts. I think the VP's pants is real wet and muddy right now, and it's not from excitement.

So now the press will push the image that "Statistics can fool you", which is true, but only for one who tries to be more intelligent can he's capable of.

71Commander
08-11-2012, 06:21
That's why I wouldn't pick a senator like Portman nor Rubio. I would have pick Ryan as he's a Congressman not a Senator. We've got plenty of Congressman and least likely to lose majority there in the US House. This is very good.

Been working 12 hr days like a dog, but I just have to get in on this. Very exciting!

Yeah. I've since been set straight,

Born and bred in Jonesborough, TN. What can I say.:tongueout:

ModGlock17
08-11-2012, 06:24
Yeah. I've since been set straight,

Born and bred in Jonesborough, TN. What can I say.:tongueout:

Your concern is well taken, though. Many times, people promote from within the rank to a higher level, only to leave a void that can become destructive and undermind the whole thing.

Happens in the corporate world all the times. Just to prove Mitt's experience is working for us.

Skyhook
08-11-2012, 06:33
Perfect ticket? No.

Great ticket? Possibly.

What we will see is the Democrat version of Animal House in death throes against the reasoned adult Republican efforts to right the ship of state Obama has managed to steer onto the shoals of failure.

What will be really fun will be hearing the accusations of old dead, neglected people piled like cord wood along every highway and byway even though the Medicare changes as proposed by Ryan have nothing to do with anyone over the age of 55.:supergrin:

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 06:44
One of the best aspects of this pick is that it lays the groundwork for the future direction of GOP leadership. Ryan is only 41 and much more conservative than McCain/Romney. If Romney loses, Ryan will instantly be the frontrunner for the top spot in 2016. If Romney wins, Ryan will have eight years as VP under his belt and become POTUS in 2020.

This pick has far-reaching and, AFAIC, a greatly beneficial impact on returning the GOP to it's conservative roots.

G17Jake
08-11-2012, 06:51

That should be entertaining.

Goaltender66
08-11-2012, 06:59

There's actually a real life analogy: The health care summit when Ryan went into clear detail about the fiction behind the CBO's scoring of Obamacare, to Obama's face, and all Obama could do was sit there and glare since he couldn't grasp the plan facts and knowledge Ryan was putting to him...and the audience.

I think there's video on YouTube for interested parties.

Dems will try, but they won't be able to credibly portray Ryan as a dimwit.

Goaltender66
08-11-2012, 07:00
Oh, and great joke I heard this morning:

Biden's SAT scores - Math MCLV, Verbal MXLIII

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 07:00
Krauthammer:

"Democrats may rue the day they think this is great for them...They are vastly underestimating Ryan and what he does to the ticket...the best analogy is when Reagan became the candidate and democrats though it was a real opportunity for them to paint him as far right, an easy target...Ryan has that Reagan-like quality...They assume Ryan will be a target, on the defensive about Medicare and the budget...but they don't understand how good Ryan is at attacking on substance..."

Music to my ears.

Goaltender66
08-11-2012, 07:01
Paul Ryan represents Obama's most horrifying nightmare: Math.

callihan_44
08-11-2012, 08:01
I like the choice, however the dems are going to RAMP UP the claims the gop is going to make grandma and grandpa fend for themselves, both ryan and romney will personally pump toxins into the air to assure that we all die a quick death if they are elected. I personally cant wait till the debates.

eracer
08-11-2012, 08:03
As a libertarian, I say, "Bravo, Mittens...Bravo."

Sporaticus
08-11-2012, 08:26
I don't dislike Ryan, but that pretty much assures Obama a second term.

jdavionic
08-11-2012, 08:32
I wish the ticket was reversed, but hey...it's good to see Ryan in there, even if it is in the VP slot.

barbedwiresmile
08-11-2012, 08:37
Ah, Paul Ryan. The deficit hawk... Let's see:

2002: votes for Iraq War resolution. MIC cheers.

2003: Votes for Medicare Part D. Pharma cheers.

2004-5: Advocates for privatization (not dismantling) of Social Security. Wall Street cheers.

2008: Votes for TARP... Wall Street cheers some more.

This ticket consists of the best representation lobbyists can buy. Suck it up, boys.

ICARRY2
08-11-2012, 08:40
Krauthammer:

"Democrats may rue the day they think this is great for them...They are vastly underestimating Ryan and what he does to the ticket...the best analogy is when Reagan became the candidate and democrats though it was a real opportunity for them to paint him as far right, an easy target...Ryan has that Reagan-like quality...They assume Ryan will be a target, on the defensive about Medicare and the budget...but they don't understand how good Ryan is at attacking on substance..."

Music to my ears.

As usual Krauthammer is right on target. :)

Glock30Eric
08-11-2012, 08:45
Romney sealed the election for Obama.

Ryan Paul, he voted for no child behind, auto bail-outs, blank checks to Israel, etc.

Have fun.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 08:46
I thought this was the best part of Ryan's speech:

"But America is more than just a place…it’s an idea. It’s the only country founded on an idea. Our rights come from nature and God, not government. We promise equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

This idea is founded on the principles of liberty, freedom, free enterprise, self-determination and government by consent of the governed. This idea is under assault. So, we have a critical decision to make as a nation. We are on an unsustainable path that is robbing America of our freedom and security. It doesn’t have to be this way.

The commitment Mitt Romney and I make to you is this:
We won’t duck the tough issues…we will lead!
We won’t blame others…we will take responsibility!
We won’t replace our founding principles…we will reapply them!"

Paul Ryan
August 11, 2012

barbedwiresmile
08-11-2012, 08:50

Ryan Paul, he voted for no child behind, auto bail-outs, blank checks to Israel, etc.

Have fun.

But Eric, see, republicans don't care about that stuff. They care that he has an 'R' after his name. And they like to read uber-RINO Krauthammer and they like to be lied to. Repeatedly.

Ruble Noon
08-11-2012, 08:51
2008 with no boobs.

barbedwiresmile
08-11-2012, 08:57
The irony of modern economics is the common misunderstanding that when looters outnumber producers, the system begins to collapse. In reality, it's when rent-seekers outnumber producers that the foundation begins to collapse. The democratic party represents the looters. The republican party represents the rent-seekers.

Glock30Eric
08-11-2012, 09:14
But Eric, see, republicans don't care about that stuff. They care that he has an 'R' after his name. And they like to read uber-RINO Krauthammer and they like to be lied to. Repeatedly.

Exactly.

IvanVic
08-11-2012, 09:18

Have fun.

Which candidate that voted against these bills should Romney have chosen for his VP?

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 09:23

Uh, no.

Ryan is in the House, not the Senate.

And it may cause WI to go Red in the election.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 09:41
Back when the "health care" debates were taking place and they had that across-the-table face-off in Congress, Krauthammer suggested that against the 15-20 Democrats that would be rolled out, the GOP should just send in Ryan.

Aside from the David vs. Goliath image that it would evoke, Krauthammer said that Ryan had more knowledge, and ability to express that knowledge, than any 15-20 GOP reps they could muster.

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 09:43
The irony of modern economics is the common misunderstanding that when looters outnumber producers, the system begins to collapse. In reality, it's when rent-seekers outnumber producers that the foundation begins to collapse. The democratic party represents the looters. The republican party represents the rent-seekers.

But you miss the point entirely. Your perfect candidate is, in all likelihood, only you. Since you aren't running, you are inevitably forced to pick a candidate that is less than perfect in your eyes. So, the question for each of us becomes, which candidate best aligns with our individual political priorities?

With a large field of candidates in the primaries, we are able to get closer to our ideal candidate. When that number is whittled down to a single representative of those diverse interests, it is more than likely (unless your favorite candidate prevails) that the single candidate is somewhat further from matching your position on every issue. So, we must prioritize those issues that are most important to us, then re-evaluate our options based on the final candidates the voting populace has chosen. This is the nature of our electoral system.

As I've observed before, no one in this forum was a Romney supporter a year ago when they had a lot of candidates from which to choose. We no longer have that luxury, but we do have a choice, a very clear choice.

You talk about the economics of politics. Paul Ryan is a disciple of Jack Kemp, the architect of "Reaganomics". His selection as VP is a very strong commitment by Romney to smaller government, balanced budgets, lower taxes, less regulation, and a reversal of the mortal debt trajectory our country is currently on. Is there any doubt in your mind that Romney/Ryan will course-correct more toward a path you favor than the incumbents?

I complained along with you over my own personal disappointment in Romney's nomination. I've never liked any politician coming out of Massachusetts because they inevitably see the world differently than I do as a lifelong midwesterner. But, I've studied the policy positions he has put forth for this election. He is saying all the right things about starting the turnaround from our profligate spending and borrowing. That's a step in the right direction. With the Ryan choice confirming this, it is very clear to me how I will vote to help the country begin to regain it's economic footing. Remaining a backbench sniper does nothing to help solve this country's problems. The options are now clear. Make your choice or stay home. Just quit complaining. The time for that is over.

Ruble Noon
08-11-2012, 10:17
You talk about the economics of politics. Paul Ryan is a disciple of Jack Kemp, the architect of "Reaganomics". His selection as VP is a very strong commitment by Romney to smaller government, balanced budgets, lower taxes, less regulation, and a reversal of the mortal debt trajectory our country is currently on. Is there any doubt in your mind that Romney/Ryan will course-correct more toward a path you favor than the incumbents?

He is saying all the right things about starting the turnaround from our profligate spending and borrowing. That's a step in the right direction. With the Ryan choice confirming this, it is very clear to me how I will vote to help the country begin to regain it's economic footing.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nCpW63uh0nk/T3S6tMtwH7I/AAAAAAAAOu8/-XwszqOoq2k/s400/public%2Bdebt%2Bobama%2Bvs%2BRyan.png

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/03/obama-vs-ryan-budget-showdown-deficit.html

:woohoo:

:faint:

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 10:48
:woohoo:

Less is better, no?

You've no doubt heard the expression 'Figures lie and liars figure', right? These charts don't do Ryan's first budget justice as both his and Obama's assume the same growth. One of the pillars of Kemponomics is that cutting taxes accelerates growth. Growth is key to reducing any deficit projections.

And I emphasize first. Once the reins of power are taken, spending cuts can be more aggressive than advertised. I'm no Romney lover but,I believe Ryan's the real deal. Another practical side of politics (which Ron Paul proved this year) is that the American voters are only going to accept a certain degree of conservatism. I said it in 1980 and it's held true: Reagan will be the most conservative electable politician in my lifetime.

How do you eat an elephant?

jakebrake
08-11-2012, 10:52
I said it in 1980 and it's held true: Reagan will be the most conservative electable politician in my lifetime.

i wholeheartedly agree. at some point, conservative can equal problems just as much as liberal.

and how? ummm.......ketchup?

Ruble Noon
08-11-2012, 11:02
Less is better, no?

You've no doubt heard the expression 'Figures lie and liars figure', right? These charts don't do Ryan's first budget justice as both his and Obama's assume the same growth. One of the pillars of Kemponomics is that cutting taxes accelerates growth. Growth is key to reducing any deficit projections.

And I emphasize first. Once the reins of power are taken, spending cuts can be more aggressive than advertised. I'm no Romney lover but,I believe Ryan's the real deal. Another practical side of politics (which Ron Paul proved this year) is that the American voters are only going to accept a certain degree of conservatism. I said it in 1980 and it's held true: Reagan will be the most conservative electable politician in my lifetime.

So America turns into Greece in 2021 instead of 2020. Let's celebrate.

jakebrake
08-11-2012, 11:06

you think we get to 2020 if the idiot gets re-elected?

i don't.

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 11:15
i wholeheartedly agree. at some point, conservative can equal problems just as much as liberal.

and how? ummm.......ketchup?

One bite at a time.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 11:17
One bite at a time.

One trillion here...A couple trillion there...Eventually, we're talking real money... :cool:

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 11:23

I just don't think it's a fait accompli quite yet. Our problems can still be solved with leadership, which this country is crying out for. I see those qualities in Ryan. If Romney is the great business leader he claims to be, well, the successful ones I've been around all my life surround themselves with uber competent individuals, give them the game plan, then turn them loose. Ryan could accomplish much more than the first budget which was designed not to scare everyone off. He is smart enough to turn the screws tighter as circumstances warrant.

But, again, I'll go back to my earlier point. You've got two choices. Which one is closer to your ideal? One has to be.

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 11:25
One trillion here...A couple trillion there...Eventually, we're talking real money... :cool:

If Ryan can get the chance to start giving the patient his medicine, the patient will see it is working and want larger doses. It's a leadership issue, not some unfathomable riddle.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 11:28
If Ryan can get the chance to start giving the patient his medicine, the patient will see it is working and want larger doses. It's a leadership issue, not some infathomable riddle.

Yup -- and the problem with a lack of leadership pertaining to the economy seemed to be a key element of Ryan's speech today.

Gunnut 45/454
08-11-2012, 11:41
Well as predicted the RPbots are not happy -can never be happy with anything the GOP does. I also see the Dumocrats are going absolutely BAT**** CRAZY! So obviously Ryan is a great choice!:supergrin:

evlbruce
08-11-2012, 11:43
Bad choice; Mittens needed better window dressing, not a running mate that highlights his lack of substance.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 12:49
For a real laugh, go back and read this thread again.

The paulbot Obama fans, and the straight forward Obama fans are dumping bricks out their backsides and trying to downtalk Ryan, no loss, they wouldn't have voted for Romney no matter who he chose anyway. The amount of silly negatives they have tried to post shows this, but it also shows how worried they are. They know Ryan was an excellent choice and all they can do is throw weak insults like children on the playground.

Ryan's speech was a "come out running" event. No "aw shucks, glad to be here" thing. He came out swinging.

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 13:18
Bad choice; Mittens needed better window dressing, not a running mate that highlights his lack of substance.

Lack of substance? You're either cognitively impaired or not paying attention.

Or thinking of Biden.

This would be the House Republican chairman of the budget committee who's frankly more qualified to be President than Obama and actually knows what a budget IS as well as how to perfect one.

evlbruce
08-11-2012, 13:22
Lack of substance? You're either cognitively impaired or not paying attention.

Or thinking of Biden.

This would be the House Republican chairman of the budget committee who's frankly more qualified to be President than Obama and actually knows what a budget IS as well as how to perfect one.

Psst... your cognition skills are impaired, I was referring to the top of the ticket.

Paul Ryan makes Willard look bad. What's more the Ryan nomination opens a host of uncomfortable policy questions that Mittens hasn't and isn't inclined to answer.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-11-2012, 13:26
Certainly a momentous occasion. I alert everyone I know.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWU1TIPZYOteQO-K1ys_JF69X1F75Ozc0lD5ijZ-59jkRCVt6Q

QNman
08-11-2012, 13:53
An email from BarackObama.com (yes, I signed up... if the enemy is broadcasting his strategies, I figure we ought to pay attention):

"Paul Ryan will be Mitt Romney's running mate.

What you need to know right now: This election is about values, and today Romney doubled down on his commitment to take our country back to the failed policies of the past." (Yep - that old saw again. Still waiting for Obama to proclaim - again - that Romney is just Bush II --Q)

"Congressman Paul Ryan is best known as the author of a budget so radical The New York Times called it "the most extreme budget plan passed by a House of Congress in modern times." (My take, this is correct; as it is the ONLY budget plan passed by a House of Congress in modern times --Q)

With Mitt Romney's support, Ryan would end Medicare as we know it and slash the investments we need to keep our economy growing -- all while cutting taxes for those at the very top." (Scare the old folks? Check. Class warfare? Check. --Q)

Blah-de-blah-blah, please send us your cash.

Clearly, BO is already trying to frame the discussion. And clearly, he's trying to relive 2008 with the same empty rhetoric, dragging of Bush into a race he is not in, scare the old folks, and create resentment for anyone more affluent than you.

Personally, I like the choice. However, time will tell if it was wise. Watch the polls for the next coupla weeks to see if there's a spike or a dip.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 14:09
What you need to know right now: This election is about values, and today Romney doubled down on his commitment to take our country back to the failed policies of the past." (Yep - that old saw again. Still waiting for Obama to proclaim - again - that Romney is just Bush II --Q)

"Congressman Paul Ryan is best known as the author of a budget so radical The New York Times called it "the most extreme budget plan passed by a House of Congress in modern times." (My take, this is correct; as it is the ONLY budget plan passed by a House of Congress in modern times --Q)

Those two are priceless coming from Obama.

Obama should be very careful about rhetoric involving the past. The Country was built by the policies of the past, you know, when people built their businesses themselves, and the past 3 1/2 years are not exactly a winning record.

For Obama to talk about "radical budgets" after the complete fail of the largest Government "throwaway money" (stimulus) in history, I don't really think Obama has a great record to stand on as "keeper of the cookie jar".

AFAICS, Obama just made the greatest case FOR Romney/Ryan that he could have.

Oh BTW look at Ryan's history in elected office. Obama never completed a term as a dogcatcher before the machine put him in the White House.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 14:44
I think it's as shrewd a decision as Romney has made thus far. Ryan is a sign, an indicator that the intent is behind the rhetoric. I for one, have felt Ryan's plan didn't go far enough. But it shaped the conversation. It made the flapping mouths open and close with increasing abandon. It brought budgetary matters and the point of balancing the budget center stage to the American people.

Ryan is a symbol of that belief and that hope. He is a man like any other. And many people here will attempt (like Obama) to trot out this and that which will "disprove" my notion.

Politics is a dirty business, one beset with a gauntlet no different than getting through high school. You survive, you prevail, and you're surrounded on all sides by constant spin and ceaseless deception. Ryan has made mistakes. But he isn't Barrack Obama. To make that claim, indicates your frustration, your bias, and a forfeiture of something essential.

There is more than rhetoric here. And your failure to see that, scares me. Ryan like Paul, are both men. Not gods, not mystical perfect figures, but mortal. We can not get perfection. Those that thought they did, ended up with Barrack Obama. We risk in demeaning Paul Ryan, to just accept decline. Like Obama.

So I ask you, what side are you on?

Ryan indicates a commitment on fiscal restraint that has been deficient in the conversation for some time. He is the next link in the return towards Conservative/Libertarian governance. As Jesus once said, "Let those without sin cast the first stone."

So I'm telling you, if you plan to vote for Obama or intend not to vote. My words to you are to sit down and leave the work for the rest of us. Because we want our country back, and if you’re too crippled by your cynicism and superiority to help. Get out of the way. This “to hell with it philosophy” is for the DNC.

cowboy1964
08-11-2012, 14:49
First, we don't need to "reunite" the GOP. We need the OTHER voters. Who is Ryan going to appeal to other than Tea Partiers (who what, were going to vote for Obama or just stay home?)

Second, Romney will win without Ohio? I haven't heard one pundit not say that would be impossible.

Third, can you honestly say Romney has been running a good campaign so far? He should be 10 points ahead of Obama at this point.

Fourth, why was announcing this on Saturday some stroke of genius?

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 14:52
Ways of the past?

If the past is what was before Obama, its lookin pretty good from here.

Frankly I think any restraint in cutting the budget more than Ryan already proposed was just a constraint of who he was dealing with in congress, the dems.

If we got a decent mix in the senate and house next time, Ryan could really craft something even more effective.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 14:55
Note: Beforeobamabans, I agree with you completely. And I’m glad to see your faith restored. This situation isn’t perfect. But it’s good to see you active in the fight. We’ll need everybody before this is through. Thanks.

cowboy1964
Less is better, no?

So Ryan did NOT give his plan optimistic growth assumptions? Suuuuuure. He would be the first politician in history to not do that.

G29Reload
Fourth, why was announcing this on Saturday some stroke of genius?

I don't think anyone proclaimed it was.

Actually, I think most VEEP announcements are on Saturday.

Its more appropriate. It throws the sunday am shows into a tailspin and seizes control of the conversation, it gives folks at home spending time with each other more than the rest of the week a chance to discuss, and its the opening shot of the news cycle for the week ahead. It overshadows anything else on monday morning short of a nuke going off somewhere.

Gives them the whole week to be about them. Not a brilliant move, just an appropriate one.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 14:59
Ways of the past?

If the past is what was before Obama, its lookin pretty good from here.

Frankly I think any restraint in cutting the budget more than Ryan already proposed was just a constraint of who he was dealing with in congress, the dems.

If we got a decent mix in the senate and house next time, Ryan could really craft something even more effective.+1 I agree. But try telling that to those who have already cashed it in and prefer to opine.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8kt4te9WCcWn4-o7vkoJxwp7ZAurwnqLuthZO7WEhGgw8PQqy

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 15:00
Psst... your cognition skills are impaired, I was referring to the top of the ticket.

Actually yours still are, even more if that's what you meant.

I'm not agreeing with you, but if for sake of argument you were correct and he lacks substance, would it have been smart to bring someone else in with a lack of substance? Just to take the contrast out of it?

That's actually what Obama did, bringing in Biden. Incompetence and inexperience, then abetted by a Doofus. One way to actually make Obama look smart by comparison.

Just Brilliant.

Ryan is a counterweight, balance and substance. Its' moving the back bench up, because succeed or fail in the venture, he's groomed to move ahead in either 2016 or 2020.

IF he can bring his home state into the electoral math, its downright genius. Actually creates a scenario where we could win without OH and PA. No fooling. But I think we can get OH if not PA.

cowboy1964
08-11-2012, 15:01
I believe it changes the electoral math for a win!

If Ryan brings his home state…

We can win without NV, OH or PA.

With the usual suspects,

and

CO (ahead 5 points)
NH
FL
NC
VA

It's OVER. 277-261, Romney.

It Romney can bring MI, add 16.
OH, 18
PA and its bitter clingers 20

And its a landslide, 311-227

270towin.com

This election is going to come down to one or two states probably. Probably Ohio. (Florida is a MUST WIN for Romney). If Romney can win Wisconsin he's in pretty good shape but he still has to win VA and NC and such. Far from certain at this point. If Romney can't win Wisconsin or Ohio he's done, even with Florida. He's not going to win Michigan.

concretefuzzynuts
08-11-2012, 15:03
Bumper stickers:

https://www.mittromney.com/donate/romney-ryan-bumper-sticker?sc=INTVP030&utm_medium=email&utm_source=et&utm_content=img_body_bumper+sticker&utm_campaign=1573288_231278_Ann%2520Romney

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:09
Actually yours still are, even more if that's what you meant.

I'm not agreeing with you, but if for sake of argument you were correct and he lacks substance, would it have been smart to bring someone else in with a lack of substance? Just to take the contrast out of it?

That's actually what Obama did, bringing in Biden. Incompetence and inexperience, then abetted by a Doofus. One way to actually make Obama look smart by comparison.

Just Brilliant.

Ryan is a counterweight, balance and substance. Its' moving the back bench up, because succeed or fail in the venture, he's groomed to move ahead in either 2016 or 2020.

IF he can bring his home state into the electoral math, its downright genius. Actually creates a scenario where we could win without OH and PA. No fooling. But I think we can get OH if not PA.PA will be interesting. In the past, when analysts thought it would go our way, it wouldn't. I think PA is in play. Based on the 2010 elections, the devastation to the economy, and the same tired talking points of the administration on the evening news every night, people can see the signs.

When you look at Scott Walker winning the recall, Ted Cruz winning the Texas Republican primary, and Richard Lugar getting beat by Richard Murdock, the “Silent Majority” (as Nixon called them) have spoken. Time will tell, I guess.

cowboy1964
08-11-2012, 15:10
Now that Ryan has been selected I'm sure the polls (at least the unbiased ones) will show a HUGE Romney jump in the coming days. :whistling:

Rubio must have had some real skeletons in his closet.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 15:12
Well as predicted the RPbots are not happy -can never be happy with anything the GOP does. I also see the Dumocrats are going absolutely BAT**** CRAZY! So obviously Ryan is a great choice!:supergrin:

Actually a very good summary

:elephant:

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:14
Now that Ryan has been selected I'm sure the polls (at least the unbiased ones) will show a HUGE Romney jump in the coming days. :whistling:

Rubio must have had some real baggage in his closet.For the record, almost all the polls I've seen have a sampling base that leans 9 percent towards Democrat participants in the polls. I'm not sure which polling agencies don't show that. Do you?

Limedust
08-11-2012, 15:14
I think it's as shrewd a decision as Romney has made thus far. Ryan is a sign, an indicator that the intent is behind the rhetoric. I for one, have felt Ryan's plan didn't go far enough. But it shaped the conversation. It made the flapping mouths open and close with increasing abandon. It brought budgetary matters and the point of balancing the budget center stage to the American people.

Ryan is a symbol of that belief and that hope. He is a man like any other. And many people here will attempt (like Obama) to trot out this and that which will "disprove" my notion.

Politics is a dirty business, one beset with a gauntlet no different than getting through high school. You survive, you prevail, and you're surrounded on all sides by constant spin and ceaseless deception. Ryan has made mistakes. But he isn't Barrack Obama. To make that claim, indicates your frustration, your bias, and a forfeiture of something essential.

There is more than rhetoric here. And your failure to see that, scares me. Ryan like Paul, are both men. Not gods, not mystical perfect figures, but mortal. We can not get perfection. Those that thought they did, ended up with Barrack Obama. We risk in demeaning Paul Ryan, to just accept decline. Like Obama.

So I ask you, what side are you on?

Ryan indicates a commitment on fiscal restraint that has been deficient in the conversation for some time. He is the next link in the return towards Conservative/Libertarian governance. As Jesus once said, "Let those without sin cast the first stone."

So I'm telling you, if you plan to vote for Obama or intend not to vote. My words to you are to sit down and leave the work for the rest of us. Because we want our country back, and if you’re too crippled by your cynicism and superiority to help. Get out of the way. This “to hell with it philosophy” is for the DNC.

I'll vote for Obama. There's no way I'm sitting down to watch you lot "do the work" because to you, work is rolling back progress in order to resurrect some illusion of the past that was much ****tier than you remember.

You want your country back . . . too bad. And by the way, superiority doesn't cripple me; it just makes me better than you.

concretefuzzynuts
08-11-2012, 15:17
I'll vote for Obama. There's no way I'm sitting down to watch you lot "do the work" because to you, work is rolling back progress in order to resurrect some illusion of the past that was much ****tier than you remember.

You want your country back . . . too bad. And by the way, superiority doesn't cripple me; it just makes me better than you.

Your bitterness is showing....

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:18

You want your country back . . . too bad. And by the way, superiority doesn't cripple me; it just makes me better than you.No. It just makes you angry. Emotion is a powerful tool. The only one left.

Limedust
08-11-2012, 15:18

Not bitterness or any other emotion . . . just the way it is.

JohnnyReb
08-11-2012, 15:20
Ryan has a reputation in the media about being a conservative budget hawk. Some research behind the matter reveals something else.

I'm not voting for Romney, because in my eyes, the man has no integrity. He has flip floped on many issues, like a well oiled weathervaine.

Those who accuse people like myself of being a Obama supporter, simply because we refuse to vote for the canidate the GOP chose, are butthurt the GOP didn't pick a better canidate. The attempted guilt trip is designed to make you feel bad that a better canidate choice was not given to you by our two party system.

I'll place my vote based upon my core beliefs, and values. I will not waiver from my beliefs.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:21
Not bitterness or any other emotion . . . just the way it is.Another day in moving it "FORWARD."

Limedust
08-11-2012, 15:23
Another day in moving it "FORWARD."

Yup. You got that part right.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 15:26

"Progress" to you is

Gitmo still open for business.

A financial waste called a "stimulus"

An auto bailout to keep unions at work when it was the unions that made it unprofitable to manufacture cars in the US

A massive healthcare farce that his own beancountrs say will cost 3X what he said.

A President who sides with disgruntled black professors based on race.

A President whos Atty Gen refuses to prosecute the NBP's for voter intimidation because of their race.

A President who takes credit for the end result of a program, to nail a known enemy, started by his predecessor.

A President who locks up oil exploration and then takes credit for the oil brought in by his predecessors decisions.

That is your "progress"?

I hope you take it personally when I say I am voting for a different kind of progress, the kind that moves us forward.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:29
Ryan has a reputation in the media about being a conservative budget hawk. Some research behind the matter reveals something else.

I'm not voting for Romney, because in my eyes, the man has no integrity. He has flip floped on many issues, like a well oiled weathervaine.

Those who accuse people like myself of being a Obama supporter, simply because we refuse to vote for the canidate the GOP chose, are butthurt the GOP didn't pick a better canidate. The attempted guilt trip is designed to make you feel bad that a better canidate choice was not given to you by our two party system.

I'll place my vote based upon my core beliefs, and values. I will not waiver from my beliefs.Fair enough Johnny. But I will repeat what Beck has said on this, someone who has been and will continue to be critical of Romney. "He is not a Communist." I am voting as a referendum to remove the incumbent. I think that’s something all of us should share.

Regan believed only through a revitalized Republican party, can the system really change. Your choice is your choice Johnny. And I respect it.

I would have preferred Santorum. But Romney picked someone that has fundamental conservative credentials on the issue that matters most this election. Spending and the Federal Budget. This indicates a change from the Rockerfeller Republican status-quo. Which is why I will vote for Romney. I’m sorry you feel all is lost Johnny. But I believe there's hope. Hence my support for this choice. Time will tell.

Limedust
08-11-2012, 15:32
"Progress" to you is

An auto bailout to keep unions at work when it was the unions that made it unprofitable to manufacture cars in the US

A massive healthcare farce that his own beancountrs say will cost 3X what he said.

A President whos Atty Gen refuses to prosecute the NBP's for voter intimidation because of their race.

A President who takes credit for the end result of a program, to nail a known enemy, started by his predecessor.

A President who locks up oil exploration and then takes credit for the oil brought in by his predecessors decisions.

That is your "progress"?

I hope you take it personally when I say I am voting for a different kind of progress, the kind that moves us forward.

I don't take it personally; you're nothing but a forum name. Vote for whatever you like, however you choose to think about it.

JohnnyReb
08-11-2012, 15:41
I would have preferred Santorum. But Romney picked someone that has fundamental conservative credentials on the issue that matters most this election. Spending and the Federal Budget. This indicates a change from the Rockerfeller Republican status-quo. Which is why I will vote for Romney. I’m sorry you feel all is lost Johnny. But I believe there's hope left. Hence my support for this choice. Time will tell.

I don't feel all is lost, but we are definately in a bad position right now. I really feel if true fiscal conservatives unite, we can make a difference. My primary focus, is not on the presidancy right now. Neither want to do what is necessary, and thats limiting the size and scope of federal government, and ultimately eliminating entitlement programs.

My focus is on Congress. A good conservative congress is vastly more important, as they will pass the legislation necessary to get this country back on a good track. Congress will also have the ability to keep a president in check, ensuring they are staying within the scope, and constitutional limitations of the oval office.

This, is where our political battles should be based on.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 15:53
"Progress" to you is

That is your "progress"?

I hope you take it personally when I say I am voting for a different kind of progress, the kind that moves us forward.+ 1

A President that says to private business, "You didn't build that. Someone else made that happen."

And then repeated it again, almost word for word, after his people said that wasn't what was meant.

A President that returns Winston Churchill's bust back to Great Britain almost the moment he gets into office.

A President that allows an Air Force 2 jumbojet to fly over NYC for publicity shots, scarring New York half to death in the process.

A President who's handpicked Attorney General pushed hard for civilian criminal trials for terrorists in New York City itself.

A President that permits a $744,000 soccer field to be built for detainees at Gitmo.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/28/2666083/744000-buys-cooperative-guantanamo.html

A President who uses Executive Privildege to stop Congressional demands for paperwork on the Department of Justice's Fast and Furious program. Something that brings back the ghost of Nixon.

A President who invests billions in the Brazillian Oil Program, and tells them "We'll be your best customer."

And these are just the tip of the iceberg.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 16:02
I don't feel all is lost, but we are definately in a bad position right now. I really feel if true fiscal conservatives unite, we can make a difference. My primary focus, is not on the presidancy right now. Neither want to do what is necessary, and thats limiting the size and scope of federal government, and ultimately eliminating entitlement programs.

My focus is on Congress. A good conservative congress is vastly more important, as they will pass the legislation necessary to get this country back on a good track. Congress will also have the ability to keep a president in check, ensuring they are staying within the scope, and constitutional limitations of the oval office.

This, is where our political battles should be based on.+ 1

I agree with you. A good conservative congress is the key. If the Tea Party and conservatives can win enough elections in the legislature. It will make all the difference.

Especially the Senate, Harry Reid must go. If Congress can be led by a more conservative leaning GOP, then Romney or whoever, will be seriously constrained. That is the invisible fourth rail of this election, winning the Congress and finishing what was started in 2010. I'm with you. If Congress becomes fiscally conservative. Then that's the start.

JohnnyReb
08-11-2012, 16:08
+ 1

I agree with you. A good conservative congress is the key. If the Tea Party and conservatives can win enough elections in the legislature. It will make all the difference.

Especially the Senate, Harry Reid must go. If Congress can be led by a more conservative leaning GOP, then Romney or whoever, will be seriously constrained. That is the invisible fourth rail of this election, winning the Congress and finishing what was started in 2010. I'm with you, if Congress becomes fiscally conservative. Then that's the start.

We would certainly has much less to fear, if we were in a better position with congress. From both the liberal aspects of Romney, and the Marxist aspects of Obama.

This is where we should be focused IMHO.:wavey:

ModGlock17
08-11-2012, 16:09
Years from now, History will show a picture of Rom and Ryan as a picture of two US Presidents.

And you heard that from GT thread first.

sugarcreek
08-11-2012, 16:10
Ryan. Excellent choice. I like the ticket as compared to the alternative. By a UNIVERSAL margin. PR is a very good choice in my book.

MartinRiggs1987
08-11-2012, 16:16
We would certainly has much less to fear, if we were in a better position with congress. From both the liberal aspects of Romney, and the Marxist aspects of Obama.

This is where we should be focused IMHO.:wavey:Amen.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 16:25
The very next time someone blasts "trickle down" economics ask them,

"If that is such a bad idea then how come, in the GM bailout, Obama didn't just give the money to the workers?

Why didn't he give the Solyndra money to the employees of the company?

Why did the money go to the top of the company first if "trickle down doesn't work and why is that different from letting the company keep more of their profit to reinvest in the company? Then ask them where the Solyndra money went?"

We need more jobs in this Country, not more handouts.

Government does not effectively or efficiently create jobs.

Government does not create wealth. I am sorry to tell you but the wealthy do that by creating jobs. That is the true and efficient method of "sharing the wealth". Obama and his drooling, hands-out-for-freebies followers don't get that, or they don't care, either way it's time to push them to the side and get on with the BUSINESS of building the economy.

hogship
08-11-2012, 16:27
I was hoping to be a little more emotionally charged by the VP pick, but Ryan is a choice for the positive. The choice clearly makes our financial condition the focal point of the discussion.

One thing that Obama supporters aren't acknowledging, is that a very large percentage of the vote in November, will not be for Romney/Ryan......it will be against Obama. They can plan their anti-Ryan attack, and they will, but it could have been Mickey Mouse, and it wouldn't have changed things much.

ooc

countrygun
08-11-2012, 16:33
I was hoping to be a little more emotionally charged by the VP pick, but Ryan is a choice for the positive. The choice clearly makes our financial condition the focal point of the discussion.

One thing that Obama supporters aren't acknowledging, is that a very large percentage of the vote in November, will not be for Romney/Ryan......it will be against Obama.

ooc

I think one of the mistakes in American politics has been voting for personality over policy (not that it's like to hugely change) but I think that this may be a turning point FROM the "Voting against Obama" philosophy. Ryan can put forward an economic plan that people will vote FOR.

hogship
08-11-2012, 16:43
I think one of the mistakes in American politics has been voting for personality over policy (not that it's like to hugely change) but I think that this may be a turning point FROM the "Voting against Obama" philosophy. Ryan can put forward an economic plan that people will vote FOR.

Well, I hope so........Obama would be the height of personality over substance. BTW: There is nothing wrong with electing someone with a great personality, and substance!

The VP choice is more of a figurehead than anything else, and Ryan is no exception. What's important is he represents the thinking that our country's financial condition is something that will be dealt with.

What I'd like to know is: If Romney is our next president, and he manages to make improvements to the economy.........will he have inherited a Bush, or Obama economy? :dunno: I also wonder if the MSM will ever admit their bias the past few years......? Maybe we'll have to wait until the current MSM key players die off before any admission comes. :upeyes:

ooc

countrygun
08-11-2012, 16:51
Well, I hope so........Obama would be the height of personality over substance.

The VP choice is more of a figurehead than anything else, and Ryan is no exception. What's important is he represents the thinking that our country's financial condition is something that will be dealt with.

What I'd like to know is: If Romney is our next president, and he manages to make improvements to the economy.........will he have inherited a Bush, or Obama economy? :dunno: I also wonder if the MSM will ever admit their bias the past few years......? Maybe we'll have to wait until the current MSM key players die off before any admission comes. :upeyes:

ooc

That is a very interesting and novel point. The unmentioned factor in American politics. at least from the viewpoint you have put forth. The media and their impact. Will it change in the next few years with both viewer disinterest in the MSM (as shown by the ratings) and with their overlords need for evil capitalist profits (as shown by advertising)?

I may be a turning point in the war on attrition against the neo-socialist MSM.

GAFinch
08-11-2012, 16:55

What progress are you talking about? Making birth control free? Nationalizing GM? Buying votes with increased welfare spending? Gutting Medicare while raising the cost of healthcare 20% already? Being the first President to never pass a budget? His so-called budget plan has been rejected by the Senate 99-0 and 97-0. It was rejected by the House 414-0. Not a single Democrat voted for it. He's in over his head. All ideas and ideology, but no common sense or work ethic.

rgregoryb
08-11-2012, 16:56

I was thinking idiocy instead of bitterness

QNman
08-11-2012, 17:06

Please. Explain. WHAT progress?

We'll see who feels "too bad" in November. That's why they hold elections.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 17:25
What progress are you talking about? Making birth control free? Nationalizing GM? Buying votes with increased welfare spending? Gutting Medicare while raising the cost of healthcare 20% already? Being the first President to never pass a budget? His so-called budget plan has been rejected by the Senate 99-0 and 97-0. It was rejected by the House 414-0. Not a single Democrat voted for it. He's in over his head. All ideas and ideology, but no common sense or work ethic.

I think you are talking to an idealogue who wants to believe in the fancy words despite their lack of foundation. Purely a waste of time.

"The Dream, The Promises man, that's what's important, I don't want "reality" it's bad, just tell me good things and promise me stuff. That's what makes me happy"

Dexters
08-11-2012, 17:28
Well, I hope so........Obama would be the height of personality over substance. BTW: There is nothing wrong with electing someone with a great personality, and substance!

ooc

Since FDR several presidents have positioned themselves as the saviors of the economy.

Presidents have little power in that area.

People have come to look at the presidency as a powerful and that it can be a savior in many areas.

This eventually will lead to a dictator as people give up their freedom for security.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 17:40
Since FDR several presidents have positioned themselves as the saviors of the economy.

Presidents have little power in that area.

People have come to look at the presidency as a powerful and that it can be a savior in many areas.

This eventually will lead to a dictator as people give up their freedom for security.

That is about a half-step to the truth.

Presidents are not "saviors" of the economy BUT if they use their power to limit the amount of oil we can recover from our own resources they can make us dependent on other Countries.

Their foriegn policy can effect our trade balance with other Countries.

Their appointees can have serious effects on things like the timber industry.

and they can always ram a "stimulus" through and throw the money away and increase the debt.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 17:52
That is about a half-step to the truth.

Presidents are not "saviors" of the economy BUT if they use their power to limit the amount of oil we can recover from our own resources they can make us dependent on other Countries.

Their foriegn policy can effect our trade balance with other Countries.

Their appointees can have serious effects on things like the timber industry.

and they can always ram a "stimulus" through and throw the money away and increase the debt.

Evidently, they can also induce the federal agencies to not enforce laws that are in the books (illegal immigration), or enforce laws that no one even remembers ("illegal" wood for guitars).

countrygun
08-11-2012, 17:57
Evidently, they can also induce the federal agencies to not enforce laws that are in the books (illegal immigration), or enforce laws that no one even remembers ("illegal" wood for guitars).

Yah, it's amazing how "little" power they have

:whistling:

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 18:10
So Ryan did NOT give his plan optimistic growth assumptions? Suuuuuure. He would be the first politician in history to not do that.

My point was the charts did not appear to factor in a growth differential between Obama and Ryan thereby making the outcome closer than it should have been. Do you think the economy will grow as fast under Obama as under Romney/Ryan?

beforeobamabans
08-11-2012, 18:24
I'll place my vote based upon my core beliefs, and values. I will not waiver from my beliefs.
Then, you'll never vote. Because unless you run, you'll never find a candidate that perfectly matches up with your core beliefs. No one is asking you to waiver from from your core beliefs. Compromising your principles has nothing to do with voting. You are given two choices which you had little to nothing to do with influencing their selection. If you're going to vote, your ONLY OPTION is to choose one who is closest to your dearly held core beliefs even if that closest one is quite far away. You do so only because the other option is even further from your beliefs or perhaps even counter to your beliefs.

This is nothing new. It's always been this way. Quit pouting and get on with it.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 18:33
Then, you'll never vote. Because unless you run, you'll never find a candidate that perfectly matches up with your core beliefs. No one is asking you to waiver from from your core beliefs. Compromising your principles has nothing to do with voting. You are given two choices which you had little to nothing to do with influencing their selection. If your going to vote, your ONLY OPTION is to choose one who is closest to your dearly held core beliefs even if that closest one is quite far away. You do so only because the other option is even further from your beliefs or perhaps even counter to your beliefs.

This is nothing new. It's always been this way. Quit pouting and get on with it.

The idealists always amaze me. How did they grow up thinking that they are not going to play if the game isn't "perfect" to them?

How did they learn that the political system is all about getting just what you want?

How do they figure it is going to ever produce a decent result if nobody compromises and, as a result the winner is actually the favorite of the 5% that got one more vote than the other 20 groups?

Those folks really sound like grade-schoolers talking about the election for class President.

Bruce H
08-11-2012, 18:33
Every four years the all symbolism, no substance idiots show up to disparage everybody.

Right on que as usual.

jdavionic
08-11-2012, 18:39
You can just see the hate on Obama's face toward Ryan. It just reads 'you have the audacity to talk to me this way'
http://www.teaparty.org/article.php?id=4036

G29Reload
08-11-2012, 18:54
You can just see the hate on Obama's face toward Ryan. It just reads 'you have the audacity to talk to me this way'

Thank you for this. It's stunning.

First off, Ryan is clearly no doofus. Biden doesnt' even belong in the same room with him.

Ryan is highly intelligent. If he had to take over the Presidency tomorrow, he could. He's already smarter than the guy who's in their now.

The only real problem I see with this tape is that Ryan is talking to the guy as if he's actually interested in solving problems. Ryan is, Obama is not.

I firmly beleive Obama is on the Clowerd-Piven path and creating a monstrosity that's unsustainable was the point. Though in fairness, if Ryan knows this, he's basically calling him out by exposing the charade.

Ryan is great at speaking truth to power. After 14 years in, he's got his nose to the grindstone and not interested in feathering his nest. He's a technocrat. and competent.

I am highly pleased and if Romney is going this direction, he can be worked with. I don't expect for one second there won't be stuff I regret later, but I',m not gonna let the desire for perfect be the enemy of good enough, right now. Get the criminal out of the White house and we can hammer out the details later.

Dexters
08-11-2012, 19:02

It is stunning - it is like two different species talking to each other.

Obama - talks feelings and generalities

Ryan - numbers and specifics

That will be the challenge for Ryan - to humanize the numbers so that Obama's supports can relate to him. If he sticks to the presentation style in the video to won't go well.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 19:02
Yah, it's amazing how "little" power they have

:whistling:

Yeah -- just look at what the Executive Office calls the shots on...Heaven only knows what the prez can do if he actually had some clout... :whistling:

http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Federal/Executive.shtml

JFrame
08-11-2012, 19:05
It is stunning - it is like two different species talking to each other.

Obama - talks feelings and generalities

Ryan - numbers and specifics

That will be the challenge for Ryan - to humanize the numbers so that Obama's supports can relate to him. If he sticks to the presentation style in the video to won't go well.

I think Ryan was bean-counting there because of the target group of that summit. Having seen him on the tube speaking more to the masses, I believe he can be flexible and make his message accessible.

Dexters
08-11-2012, 19:08
I think Ryan was bean-counting there because of the target group of that summit. Having seen him on the tube speaking more to the masses, I believe he can be flexible and make his message accessible.

Yes, this Saturday's speech was good. And I'm guessing he will be getting coaching. He probably will come across warmer then Mitt.

jdavionic
08-11-2012, 19:10

First off, Ryan is clearly no doofus. Biden doesnt' even belong in the same room with him.

Ryan is highly intelligent. If he had to take over the Presidency tomorrow, he could. He's already smarter than the guy who's in their now.

The only real problem I see with this tape is that Ryan is talking to the guy as if he's actually interested in solving problems. Ryan is, Obama is not.

I firmly beleive Obama is on the Clowerd-Piven path and creating a monstrosity that's unsustainable was the point. Though in fairness, if Ryan knows this, he's basically calling him out by exposing the charade.

Ryan is great at speaking truth to power. After 14 years in, he's got his nose to the grindstone and not interested in feathering his nest. He's a technocrat. and competent.

I am highly pleased and if Romney is going this direction, he can be worked with. I don't expect for one second there won't be stuff I regret later, but I',m not gonna let the desire for perfect be the enemy of good enough, right now. Get the criminal out of the White house and we can hammer out the details later.

You're welcome...and I agree with your subsequent statements.

I don't like Romney for many reasons, including his signing of an AWB bill in his state with his ignorant statements made in doing so. However I contributed to his campaign tonight for two reasons - 1) a statement (albeit small) that I support his VP choice, and 2) because I firmly believe Obama can destroy this country if he gets re-elected.

The only other viable choice to Obama is Romney. Yes...the lesser of two evils. However if we don't get Obama out of the WH, we are in for "Change" that may truly destroy our country. Whereas, I see Romney with Ryan as having the potential to make economic improvements without furthering attacks against capitalism.

hogship
08-11-2012, 19:15

After you watch that video, be sure to click on the video with Ryan and Debbie Wasserman Schultz........really enjoyed that, he nailed her good......

Paul Ryan debates Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Social Security Reform - YouTube

ooc

countrygun
08-11-2012, 19:22
After you watch that video, be sure to click on the video with Ryan and Debbie Wasserman Schultz........really enjoyed that, he nailed her good......

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrltAkTf38)

We have to come up with a better phrase than that when talking about her.

(shudder)

Kingarthurhk
08-11-2012, 19:24

The trust-fund kid, who never had to work an honest day in his life? How could that be unappealing.:upeyes:

I agree with you, I can't stand Ryan either. It pretty much took any enthusiasm I found in this election right out of the sails.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 19:27

Paul Ryan debates Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Social Security Reform - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrltAkTf38)

ooc

...Great clip!

I guess there's no problem with Ryan being animated. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

He also looks like he's up to the task of getting in the faces of people who deserve to have their faces gotten into...

Kingarthurhk
08-11-2012, 19:29
...Great clip!

I guess there's no problem with Ryan being animated. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

He also looks like he's up to the task of getting in the faces of people who deserve to have their faces gotten into...

The upstairs maids?

concretefuzzynuts
08-11-2012, 19:39
The upstairs maids?

He has upstairs maids? Or are you just being snide to make a point?

IvanVic
08-11-2012, 19:41
Please. Explain. WHAT progress?

We'll see who feels "too bad" in November. That's why they hold elections.

The only people who believe this disaster of a President has made progress are the true ideologues who really believe that more government handouts are what's needed. Then you have the younger crowd who supported Obama because it was the first time they paid attention to politics and didn't know any better. Ask them about Obama today and you'll quickly realize they haven't watched the news in 3.5 years, yet at least half of them will turn out for him again.

hogship
08-11-2012, 20:22
Ask them about Obama today and you'll quickly realize they haven't watched the news in 3.5 years, yet at least half of them will turn out for him again.

The ironic part to that, is many of them HAVE been watching the news.......MSM

ooc

MrGlock21
08-11-2012, 21:26
...I'm not voting for Romney, because in my eyes, the man has no integrity. He has flip floped on many issues, like a well oiled weathervaine.

"Integrity" issues, is that right?

You are not voting for Romney because of ... "your core believes ...and values"...woo-hoo.

Oh, you are so pure, so untarnished and upright, your vote needs to be impeccable, immaculate.

You talk like a teenager in the state of enlightened fanatasy.

The reality is: You don't vote for Romney, Obama wins.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 21:37
The trust-fund kid, who never had to work an honest day in his life? How could that be unappealing.:upeyes:

I agree with you, I can't stand Ryan either. It pretty much took any enthusiasm I found in this election right out of the sails.

And tell me again about all of Obama's hard work? I missed that part.

Oh wait, I get it doing nothing on entitlement money is "noble" right?

QNman
08-11-2012, 22:05

Running a business isn't an honest days work? Do you have to have dirt under your fingernails for a days work to be honest?

As opposed to Obama or Uncle Joe's honest days of work?

Kingarthurhk
08-11-2012, 22:08
And tell me again about all of Obama's hard work? I missed that part.

Oh wait, I get it doing nothing on entitlement money is "noble" right?

My point is, I never liked the trust fund idiot who had his seat bought for him at 25. He has been around for about one term and isn't even eligble to be president should Romney die. Romney really really dropped the ball on this one.

Had he earned his own way in life and wasn't some wet behind the ears know it all who has never been in the real world I would say great.

Right now I feel reduced to the following:

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1207/obama-romney-obama-romney-2012-statism-sucks-politics-1343752213.jpg

I am so excited about November's offerings.:upeyes:

Kingarthurhk
08-11-2012, 22:15
Running a business isn't an honest days work? Do you have to have dirt under your fingernails for a days work to be honest?

As opposed to Obama or Uncle Joe's honest days of work?

I've worked long before it was even legal for me to work, and then when I turned 16 I kept on working. I've put myself through college, and been to the toughest academy in the country, and worked the rough and tumble border, I've spent my blood sweat, tears, and broke my body serving my country.

Ryan gets a rich dad to hand him everything and suddenly he has dirt under his fingernails?

Hardly.

Ruble Noon
08-11-2012, 22:18

That doesn't bother me. His support of the Stimulus, Tarp, Medicare part D, the Patriot Act, TSA, the United Nations, the WTO, VAT taxes do however.

QNman
08-11-2012, 22:20
I've worked long before it was even legal for me to work, and then when I turned 16 I kept on working. I've put myself through college, and been to the toughest academy in the country, and worked the rough and tumble border, I've spent my blood sweat, tears, and broke my body serving my country.

Ryan gets a rich dad to hand him everything and suddenly he has dirt under his fingernails?

Hardly.

Ryan's father died when Ryan was 16. He worked at Oscar Meyer, among other places. What trust fund?

My first job was as a stable hand at 14. Put myself thru college at night. Been there, done that. Now I am part owner in a small business, working 60+ per week. I consider all my days honest ones.

If you know something about a trust fund, please cite it. And please include the relevance while you're at it.

JFrame
08-11-2012, 22:24

You missed evlbruce's point. He was saying that Ryan would overshadow Romney.

Otherwise, your attitude is running perilously close to class envy. And that's coming from a guy who worked in a butcher shop when he was 13.

countrygun
08-11-2012, 22:27
My point is, I never liked the trust fund idiot who had his seat bought for him at 25. He has been around for about one term and isn't even eligble to be president should Romney die. Romney really really dropped the ball on this one.

Had he earned his own way in life and wasn't some wet behind the ears know it all who has never been in the real world I would say great.

Right now I feel reduced to the following:

I am so excited about November's offerings.:upeyes:

I grew up scratching for everything and put myself through school and built my own business, but I don't carry a chip on my shoulder about it.

I wouldn't vote for an idiot just because he used to dig ditches. It seems,as far as the political circus goes Ryan has held his own and put in a lot more time at it, and been reelected a lot more times than Obama, and has finished his terms in the process. That puts him in good standing.

As far as Romney in the top spot, would you like to tell me exactly how many Presidents have met your stringent requirements?

Until you get in a position to make the big decisions without input from others you end up picking from the same pool in the primaries as everyone else. I am not going to be a bigot and hold the circumstances of someones birth against them.

Limedust
08-11-2012, 23:45
The only people who believe this disaster of a President has made progress are the true ideologues who really believe that more government handouts are what's needed. Then you have the younger crowd who supported Obama because it was the first time they paid attention to politics and didn't know any better. Ask them about Obama today and you'll quickly realize they haven't watched the news in 3.5 years, yet at least half of them will turn out for him again.

Yeah, keep painting everything with the broad brush. It's much easier to think that those of differing opinions don't have varied and valid reasons for them.

Many, many assumptions here . . . and little substance or thought.

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 02:00
Yeah, keep painting everything with the broad brush. It's much easier to think that those of differing opinions don't have varied and valid reasons for them.

We will.

I mean, if the shoe fits.

There is no valid reason to vote for Obama, unless you like

-failure and failed ideologies
-govt hand outs
-excessive taxation and govt control over your daily life
-lawlessness (DOMA, immigration, voting rights act, etc)

doesn't have an economic plan and has failed miserably at it
lies like a rug
economic illiterate

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 02:11

Everything in this post is demonstrably false.

He has been around for about one term

He has been around for seven terms. re-elected continuously to his house seat.

and isn't even eligble to be president should Romney die.

How would that be? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Lack of education?

Ryan is Constitutionally qualified, being over 35 years of age.
Politically, he has more sense than BHO
He has more government experience by far than BHO, who had only half a term in the Senate when elected.
He's Chairman of the House budget committee.

He could be President tomorrow.

Romney really really dropped the ball on this one.

First decision of his Presidency and its an out of the park home run.

Had he earned his own way in life

He has. You're clearly talking out of your …hat.

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 02:23
I'm not voting for Romney,

Those who accuse people like myself of being a Obama supporter, .

Ok, all you rocket scientists out there.

You're not voting for Romney, and are concerned people will accuse you of being an Obama supporter.

IF you're not voting for Romney, there's only one choice left.

See what I did there?

Two things on the menu. Two.

Pick.

Wait, you eliminated one, Romney.

So with one left, theres' only Obama. With only him to vote for and standing on your core beliefs and values, you're an Obama supporter.

Enjoy.:upeyes:

IvanVic
08-12-2012, 04:10

By all means, please list your reasons so you can successfully categorize my arguments as generalizations.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 05:39
Ok, all you rocket scientists out there.

You're not voting for Romney, and are concerned people will accuse you of being an Obama supporter.

IF you're not voting for Romney, there's only one choice left.

See what I did there?

Two things on the menu. Two.

Pick.

Wait, you eliminated one, Romney.

So with one left, theres' only Obama. With only him to vote for and standing on your core beliefs and values, you're an Obama supporter.

Enjoy.:upeyes:

Wow. Don't you realize that we have few more candidates other than Obama and Romney? Well they don't have a chance but their names will be on the ballot.

I'm not going to join the idiot's wagon ride to vote only between Obama or Romney. Ron Paul is the man I will vote. Have fun.

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 05:49
Ryan's father died when Ryan was 16. He worked at Oscar Meyer, among other places. What trust fund?

My first job was as a stable hand at 14. Put myself thru college at night. Been there, done that. Now I am part owner in a small business, working 60+ per week. I consider all my days honest ones.

If you know something about a trust fund, please cite it. And please include the relevance while you're at it.

My bad, father-in-law:

Janna Ryan also individually reported a living trust fund worth $1 million to $5 million, that ranks as the largest asset they collectively reported for last year.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79611.html#ixzz23Kcz44Gd

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 05:50

My bad father-in-law:

Janna Ryan also individually reported a living trust fund worth $1 million to $5 million, that ranks as the largest asset they collectively reported for last year.

QNman
08-12-2012, 06:45
My bad, father-in-law:

OK, so now his sin is... marrying well. What a bastard. I see your point now.

Too bad he married 8 years after he graduated college and two years after he first got elected to the House. He should have planned that better. Then he'd be a "trust fund baby who never worked an honest day in his life".

Get your facts straight before determining who the real bastards are. :wavey:

jdavionic
08-12-2012, 06:53
Wow. Don't you realize that we have few more candidates other than Obama and Romney? Well they don't have a chance but their names will be on the ballot.

I'm not going to join the idiot's wagon ride to vote only between Obama or Romney. Ron Paul is the man I will vote. Have fun.

A vote for anyone other than Romney at this stage is a vote for Obama. The time to fight for other candidates was during the primaries. Your candidate lost and so did mine. There are two viable choices to choose from for president - Obama or Romney.

Fed Five Oh
08-12-2012, 07:13

Had he earned his own way in life and wasn't some wet behind the ears know it all who has never been in the real world I would say great.So, are you dishonest, ignorant or a combination of both when it comes to Paul Ryan?

Skyhook
08-12-2012, 07:21
a vote for anyone other than romney at this stage is a vote for obama. the time to fight for other candidates was during the primaries. Your candidate lost and so did mine. There are two viable choices to choose from for president - obama or romney.

word.

jdavionic
08-12-2012, 07:22

Paul Ryan debates Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Social Security Reform - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrltAkTf38)

ooc

She is back on FoxNews Sunday today...this time without Paul Ryan being there. Her chances of prevailing are much greater when she is allowed to attack without him being present to address the attacks.

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 07:29
OK, so now his sin is... marrying well. What a bastard. I see your point now.

Too bad he married 8 years after he graduated college and two years after he first got elected to the House. He should have planned that better. Then he'd be a "trust fund baby who never worked an honest day in his life".

Get your facts straight before determining who the real bastards are. :wavey:

Yeah, he lived on Social Security as a kid until an adult, but doesn't think anyone else should get it. Married a rich lady, bought a seat in congress, thinks anyone else who earns a check from the government is evil and should be punished, a really great guy.

One of my least favorite people in Congress this side of Pelosi.

ModGlock17
08-12-2012, 07:30
So, are you dishonest, ignorant or a combination of both when it comes to Paul Ryan?

+1.

Some people can't comprehend complexity. Make it simple for them:

Everything Romney touched, turned into GOLD. Including the Olympics. That's why he's rich.

Everything O touched, turned into junk. Including the Housing project in Chicago where he was community organizer. Our economy turned into junk.

Ryan had nothing. Had to grow up fast. Did his job as a Congressmen more than I can say for a runaway senator to be Prez. Look at where he is.

Look at the money in your bank account. If you can't comprehend that, then your issue is one that we can't help.

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 07:35
+1.

Some people can't comprehend complexity. Make it simple for them:

Everything Romney touched, turned into GOLD. Including the Olympics. That's why he's rich.

Everything O touched, turned into junk. Including the Housing project in Chicago where he was community organizer. Our economy turned into junk.

Ryan had nothing. Had to grow up fast. Did his job as a Congressmen more than I can say for a runaway senator to be Prez. Look at where he is.

Look at the money in your bank account. If you can't comprehend that, then your issue is one that we can't help.

Really, he drew a big boy check of Social Security for several years, that he thinks no one else should get, married a rich woman, bought himself into politics, and then declared no one else should get social security like he did, and if you work for the government, like he does, (well, not quite like him) the actual working people, that they are all to blame for the Stimulous and Pork debacle actions of Congress and should all be penalized.

No, I think he sucks out right, and wreaks of hypocrisy.

I like Romney, I can't stand Ryan.

Skyhook
08-12-2012, 07:40
Really, he drew a big boy check of Social Security for several years, that he thinks no one else should get, married a rich woman, bought himself into politics, and then declared no one else should get social security like he did, and if you work for the government, like he does, (well, not quite like him) the actual working people, that they are all to blame for the Stimulous and Pork debacle actions of Congress and should all be penalized.

I sure hope this discussion goes on long enough to expose the true reason for KingauthurX's real reason for his/her/its magnificent hatred.

Meanwhile the histrionics and pure fiction has proven to be quite entertaining. :whistling:

Thanks to all.:wavey:

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 07:43
I sure hope this discussion goes on long enough to expose the true reason for KingauthurX's real reason for his/her/its magnificent hatred.

Meanwhile the histrionics and pure fiction has proven to be quite entertaining. :whistling:

Sorry, I have read the bio, I have done the research. I think Romney made really really bad decision. He went with inexperience and unlikability. He couldn't have done worse had he selected Sarah Palin again. He should have gone with an actual track record and actual experience for his running mate. He might as well be running by himself.

Why he didn't select someone like Rubio I'll never know.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 08:19

Yeah -- it's a little over the top.

You know how they say everything in life can be associated to a Seinfeld episode?

He kind of reminds me of the coach who had a burning hatred for Costanza, and called him, "Can't-stand-ya." At the end of the episode, with his mania having driven him to becoming an embittered homeless person, he sits huddled in his rags in an alley, muttering, "Can't-stand-ya! Can't-stand-ya! Can't-stand-ya!" http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

QNman
08-12-2012, 08:31
Yeah, he lived on Social Security as a kid until an adult, but doesn't think anyone else should get it. Married a rich lady, bought a seat in congress, thinks anyone else who earns a check from the government is evil and should be punished, a really great guy.

One of my least favorite people in Congress this side of Pelosi.

Except you got it wrong...

He did collect his fathers social security - AFTER HE DIED - and until he was 18 only. And he is NOT proclaiming to end social security; in fact proposing not to touch it for those 55 and older.

THEN he graduated college and got a job... THEN he got elected... THEN he married well.

And if you've got a source where he states anyone who EARNS a paycheck from the government is anything below standard, please post that now. Sucking on the government teat, though, is hardly EARNING a government check.

If you want to hate on Ryan, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. However, do so with the facts, not with whatever talking points you've picked up on whatever leftist site you frequent.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 08:32

He did collect his fathers social security - AFTER HE DIED - and until he was 18 only. And he is NOT proclaiming to end social security; in fact proposing not to touch it for those 55 and older.

THEN he graduated college and got a job... THEN he got elected... THEN he married well.

And if you've got a source where he states anyone who EARNS a paycheck from the government is anything below standard, please post that now. Sucking on the government teat, though, is hardly EARNING a government check.

If you want to hate on Ryan, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. However, do so with the facts, not with whatever talking points you've picked up on whatever leftist site you frequent.

Word.

QNman
08-12-2012, 08:36

How did he "buy himself" into politics? Got ANY resources other than your own envious imagination?

Sorry, I have read the bio, I have done the research. I think Romney made really really bad decision. He went with inexperience and unlikability. He couldn't have done worse had he selected Sarah Palin again. He should have gone with an actual track record and actual experience for his running mate. He might as well be running by himself.

"Inexperience and unlikeability"? How does a Republican congressman win SEVEN terms in office in a BLUE state if he is "unlikeable"? And how does 14 years as a sitting congressman, as well as the Budget Chairman equate to "inexperienced"?

Methinks you are buying into Obama's class warfare tripe. Jealousy is an ugly trait.

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 08:37

Yes, the classic, "I gone mines".

THEN he graduated college and got a job... THEN he got elected... THEN he married well.[/qoute]

Wow, he actually eventually got a job, congratulations, exactly how long as he worked? Not very.

In that case Ryan should pay back his salary and benefits while in elected office, as sucking on the government teat is all he has done since his youth. With as many recesses as legislators take with the huge paycheck for doing nothing, unlike the people in the trenches.

Inexperience, arrogance, and a sense of entitlment with hypocrisy, what's not to adore in an elected leader?

QNman
08-12-2012, 08:41
Yes, the classic, "I gone mines".

In that case Ryan should pay back his salary and benefits while in elected office, as sucking on the government teat is all he has done since his youth. With as many recesses as legislators take with the huge paycheck for doing nothing, unlike the people in the trenches.

Inexperience, arrogance, and a sense of entitlment with hypocrisy, what's not to adore in an elected leader?

So its paying congressmen in general you are opposed to? Or just Ryan in particular?

Should Ron Paul return all his pay as well? How about Uncle Joe Biden? Are senators allowed to collect pay for their services?

You know damn well what we are all talking about, yet you dance around it, trying to make Ryan into your own personal bogeymen. I'm thru - hate all you want - haters gotta hate. But try to keep your baseless comments to a minimum.

QNman
08-12-2012, 08:44
So, are you dishonest, ignorant or a combination of both when it comes to Paul Ryan?

I think we've determined which. Ignorance can be removed through education.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 08:50
kingarthurhk, you are way off base about experience here. and work ethic

JFrame
08-12-2012, 08:51
I think we've determined which. Ignorance can be removed through education.

It's occurring to me that it's more convenient to go after Romney as a silver-spoon elitist if one paints Ryan with the same narrative -- a duplicitous ploy given the realities, but I guess it's worth a shot for some people.

QNman
08-12-2012, 09:19
It's occurring to me that it's more convenient to go after Romney as a silver-spoon elitist if one paints Ryan with the same narrative -- a duplicitous ploy given the realities, but I guess it's worth a shot for some people.

Some need to justify, if only to themselves, the decision to support a failed presidency for another four years. Class envy is a strong motivator for some, and the opposition (though themselves millionaires) have done a great job convincing the electorate it is evil to be successful, and even more so if the wealthy had any advantage or luck in their success.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 09:26
Some need to justify, if only to themselves, the decision to support a failed presidency for another four years. Class envy is a strong motivator for some, and the opposition (though themselves millionaires) have done a great job convincing the electorate it is evil to be successful, and even more so if the wealthy had any advantage or luck in their success.

Very well put.

Limedust
08-12-2012, 09:28
We will.

I mean, if the shoe fits.

There is no valid reason to vote for Obama, unless you like

-failure and failed ideologies
-govt hand outs
-excessive taxation and govt control over your daily life
-lawlessness (DOMA, immigration, voting rights act, etc)

doesn't have an economic plan and has failed miserably at it
lies like a rug
economic illiterate

Well done. Exceptionally specific. Just pure objective fact right there.

Lethaltxn
08-12-2012, 09:31

You're free to dispute and intelligibly argue against.

Ruble Noon
08-12-2012, 09:32
A vote for anyone other than Romney at this stage is a vote for Obama.

I don't know. It would seem that the number of people who claim they won't vote for Romney is sizable. A vote for Romney just may be a vote for Obama.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 09:39

Oh don't bother this clown poster with facts those aaren't important to a wanna-be smearmeister.

Ryan has been in the house HOW MANY TERMS?, and the biggest asset he and his wife have is her 1-5 mil, trust fund.

HELLO MCFLY!!! That would make him one of the POOREST politicians in DC.

jdavionic
08-12-2012, 09:42
I don't know. It would seem that the number of people who claim they won't vote for Romney is sizable. A vote for Romney just may be a vote for Obama.

If that were true, Ron Paul would have been the nominee. People are often upset that their ideal or close-to-ideal candidate is not in contention. However the facts are indisputable - the next POTUS will either be Romney or Obama. I admit it's a crappy choice, but it is what it is. Stay home and you put your future in the hands of a radical socialist. Vote for anyone other than Romney, and you put your future in the hands of a radical socialist. Vote for Romney and you're working to replace the radical socialist with a liberal that favors capitalism. It's really that simple.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 10:02
If that were true, Ron Paul would have been the nominee. People are often upset that their ideal or close-to-ideal candidate is not in contention. However the facts are indisputable - the next POTUS will either be Romney or Obama. I admit it's a crappy choice, but it is what it is. Stay home and you put your future in the hands of a radical socialist. Vote for anyone other than Romney, and you put your future in the hands of a radical socialist. Vote for Romney and you're working to replace the radical socialist with a liberal that favors capitalism. It's really that simple.

Both are radical. What's the point to vote one of them? I know you'll bring up with the SCOTUS issue. However, it won't matter because people will vote for liberal SCOTUS. If you are against liberal then you will be called as a terrorist, nazi, hate, racism, etc.

I'll stand my head up and vote for Ron Paul because he represents me. None of Obama or Romney could represent for me, therefore they won't have my vote.

If the majority of Americans want Obama or Romney as POTUS then so be it, they will reap for what they have sown.

Have fun.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 10:04
I know you'll bring up with the SCOTUS issue. However, it won't matter because people will vote for liberal SCOTUS.

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_thinking.gif :headscratch: :dunno:

Lethaltxn
08-12-2012, 10:06
I know you'll bring up with the SCOTUS issue. However, it won't matter because people will vote for liberal SCOTUS.

When is that election?

JFrame
08-12-2012, 10:11
When is that election?

Now that I think of it -- it takes place on Feb. 30, every 3 years... :whistling:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 10:13
I'll stand my head up and vote for Ron Paul because he represents me.

Kind of funny coming from a shill, who's every post is an advertisement for '"Outdoor Hub"

Methinks you just live to have something to advertise for.

OH, you are right, Ron Paul does represent you. He is off in his own world and has been made insignificant by his own actions and words.

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 10:16

I wouldn't matter if I produce 100+ footnoted pages, you're an intellectually dishonest idealogue who will vote for the Clowerd-Piven socialist if you had to walk over broken glass and nails to do it.

He could be hung with his own Dept of Labor if you need enumerated details.

Disregarding the fact that he's undercounting by a least 1 and a half percentage points, we've been close to 10% unemployment for most of his administration, never below 8.2% and just increased to 8.3%.

U6 is at 15% and has been closer to 18% for most of his administration.

Gasoline is DOUBLE what it was when he took over. Lisa Jackson at EPA, the most satisfying termination to come with a Romney win, has been sitting on energy companies and restraining drilling and other energy related activities. Small wonder.

He can't get it done, and furthermore isn't trying to. Destruction of the system by overloading it is his goal. Not gonna let him finish.

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 10:21

Clue HERE. And no, their names WON't be on the ballot. You have to prove your intransigence by writing them in.

Looks like you're already on it.:rofl:

jdavionic
08-12-2012, 10:22
Both are radical. What's the point to vote one of them? I know you'll bring up with the SCOTUS issue. However, it won't matter because people will vote for liberal SCOTUS. If you are against liberal then you will be called as a terrorist, nazi, hate, racism, etc.

I'll stand my head up and vote for Ron Paul because he represents me. None of Obama or Romney could represent for me, therefore they won't have my vote.

If the majority of Americans want Obama or Romney as POTUS then so be it, they will reap for what they have sown.

Have fun.

No...not going to attempt to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong. I actually like some of Ron Paul's positions. However I think it's highly unrealistic and wishful thinking to believe there is any other viable choice in this election.

I expect you'll cast your vote for RP. It's certainly your perogative. Many people died fighting for that right, so I applaud you in voting. I only hope that the opinion I presented sways others that are on the fence to actually vote for Romney and keep Obama from achieving his goals.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 10:22
Looks like you're already on it.:rofl:

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/biggrin.gif

countrygun
08-12-2012, 10:40
So what is this "Ron Paul" they speak of running for? Are these folks so worked up about their local election for dogcatcher? It seems like he has enough support to make that a possibility from what I see.

Well good luck to those that support him for that position, but it seems like people here are more concerned with the candidates in the Presidential election.

thanks for playing though.

Sam Spade
08-12-2012, 10:46

Bull. You called, and are calling, a 14-year Congressman and the Chairman of the Budget Committee "inexperienced". You attributed his wife's condition to him. You don't know what the Constitutional requirements are for office. You think "7" is the same thing as "1". You think he's rich and buying his office when he doesn't even crack the top 100 in Congress. You couldn't pick him out of a lineup if he was standing next to three dwarves, Mr. Peanut and a demon from hell.

Whatever you've done only qualifies as "research" if you're licking the windows on the short bus.

QNman
08-12-2012, 11:21
Bull. You called, and are calling, a 14-year Congressman and the Chairman of the Budget Committee "inexperienced". You attributed his wife's condition to him. You don't know what the Constitutional requirements are for office. You think "7" is the same thing as "1". You think he's rich and buying his office when he doesn't even crack the top 100 in Congress. You couldn't pick him out of a lineup if he was standing next to three dwarves, Mr. Peanut and a demon from hell.

Whatever you've done only qualifies as "research" if you're licking the windows on the short bus.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 11:26

:perfect10:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhkhttp://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19298685#post19298685)
Sorry, I have read the bio, I have done the research.

I'm sorry, but you lied on your applicaton as a "research assistant". You're Fired.

:rofl::rofl:

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 13:03
When is that election?

Senators and House Reps.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 13:05
No...not going to attempt to convince you that I'm right and you're wrong. I actually like some of Ron Paul's positions. However I think it's highly unrealistic and wishful thinking to believe there is any other viable choice in this election.

I expect you'll cast your vote for RP. It's certainly your perogative. Many people died fighting for that right, so I applaud you in voting. I only hope that the opinion I presented sways others that are on the fence to actually vote for Romney and keep Obama from achieving his goals.

1st part of the comment is very true, and thank you for defending my position.

Glotin
08-12-2012, 13:37
And no, their names WON't be on the ballot. You have to prove your intransigence by writing them in.:rofl::rofl:

When is that election?

Senators and House Reps

The President appoints SCOTUS justices...

As for Ron Paul, yes, he has some great things to say and I'm glad he is in Congress.

However, he will NEVER be the POTUS. He is not electable. Fortunately I think a lot of his followers are young people who will hopefully step up to replace him, and hopefully one day reach the Presidency. That day is not now.

Today we have a simple choice. We can either choose to try and return to the path that brought us from the third world to wealthiest nation in less than 200 years, OR we can choose "four more years" and continue our path towards destruction. It will be similar to what is happening in Europe right now (That is where this President is taking us... European style socialism) except for the fact that there is no one who can keep us afloat like Germany is doing for the EU.

A vote for anyone other than Mitt Romney is an abdication of the responsibility we all have to our country and future generations.

Lethaltxn
08-12-2012, 15:13
Senators and House Reps.

And when do WE elect the scotus again?

QNman
08-12-2012, 15:18

Easy, his green card doesn't expire for another couple years. Then he'll study for the citizenship test, and THEN maybe he can talk more intelligently.

ModGlock17
08-12-2012, 15:55

So you like the noodles but don't like the broth. Does it make sense then, if you should skip dinner in entirety ? Hungry people would just take them all. You like Cindy Crawford but didn't like the mole? LOL

I am OK with that.

You can vote for 4 more yrs of hypocrisy and transparency if you'd like. And your bank acct. status.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 16:31

Don't you get it? We elect our senators and house reps. They have the power to approve or reject the President's nominate for SCOTUS.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 16:34
Easy, his green card doesn't expire for another couple years. Then he'll study for the citizenship test, and THEN maybe he can talk more intelligently.

Hey, you might want to take your personal attack to some other places.

I'm 100% US citizen. Thank you.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 16:39
Don't you get it? We elect our senators and house reps. They have the power to approve or reject the President's nominate for SCOTUS.

and voting for Ron Paul will have any effect on that process how?

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 17:01
and voting for Ron Paul will have any effect on that process how?

0.000.......1% Ron Paul will have the effect on it.

I am going to vote him because he represents me best than all other candidates.

QNman
08-12-2012, 17:27

I'm 100% US citizen. I work for a gov. I have a ****** *********. Thank you.

You thought THAT was a personal attack? Must be too close.

I believe you work for A government. I may even be convinced you have some ****** *********. Just not here.

Say hello to squirrel for me.

Glock30Eric
08-12-2012, 17:48
You thought THAT was a personal attack? Must be too close.

Say hello to squirrel for me.

Hahaha, that's funny. You must be a really nice person.

QNman
08-12-2012, 19:54
Hahaha, that's funny. You must be a really nice person.

Actually, I'm not. My friends hate my guts. My best buds are my worst enemies.

JFrame
08-12-2012, 19:58
Deleted by request

QNman
08-12-2012, 20:03
:rofl::rofl:

:mememe:

:bunny:

:drunk:

Skyhook
08-13-2012, 07:06
Well, here's just one of the travesties Ryan will be attempting to end.. betcha.

http://biggeekdad.com/2012/04/parasites-are-devouring-the-host/

IvanVic
08-13-2012, 09:25
You're free to dispute and intelligibly argue against.

That's odd, he or she disappeared.

Skyhook
08-13-2012, 14:09

POOF!

:supergrin:

Kablam
08-13-2012, 17:04

Could be because Ryan has an actual track record and experience as opposed to Rubio's what, two years in the senate?....sound familiar?

Syclone538
08-13-2012, 23:06
Clue HERE. And no, their names WON't be on the ballot. You have to prove your intransigence by writing them in.

Have you ever voted?

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 05:55

I'm 100% US citizen. I work for a gov. I have a secret clearance. Thank you.

Um, you realize that announcing that you have a secret clearance is pretty much against the rules under which you agreed to operate prior to being granted a clearance, right?

Lethaltxn
08-14-2012, 05:56

Funny how that happens, huh?

Glock30Eric
08-14-2012, 06:12

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 06:23
That's not true. You could put it down on a resume. However, you can't tell what you are doing or working on a project.

You can put it on a resume because a potential employer has a valid need to know (and an employer operating under a clearance is bound not to talk about it anyway...), but announcing it on an Internet forum in an attempt to achieve moral authority is improper. It's akin to using it as a pickup line in a bar, and by doing so alerting others in the vicinity that you may have classified info...and can therefore be targeted.

You may want to read the guidelines again.

Glock30Eric
08-14-2012, 06:44
deleted

Skyhook
08-14-2012, 06:52
Do you know that we ************** Anyway, it's too late because it is out. Anyway, next time I won't do it again.

:headscratch:

You do realize, don't you, that if you don't do it again, there will be no 'next time'?

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 06:55
Do you know that we have 4 different levels of secret clearance? Anyway, it's too late because it is out. Anyway, next time I won't do it again.

Non sequitur, but basic conduct guidelines don't change based on clearance level.