Anyone Else Notice Maines Crime Increasing? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Notice Maines Crime Increasing?

youngdocglock
08-11-2012, 23:47
So i live in S. Maine...........on a very quiet Non trafficked street. In a otherwise "safe" town.

However every night for the last week or so i've seen a local squad car very slowly inching up the road, and about half way he turns on his spotlight, illuminating the woods and coasts down the road, shining back and forth. He gets to the end of the road, and heads back doing the same thing, shining in driveways, houses, cars. Sometimes he stops and focuses on one specific part.

Now i've lived here on and off in this community my whole life. I've never seen this before last week.

Which leads me to believe one thing. There have been some break ins or violent crimes on my once peaceful road in the middle of nowhere.

Also when i visit places like Old Orchard Beach.......i see more gang bangers, hooligans and tough guys than i ever have before.

Its sad to say but this state is quickly turning to crap.:faint:

dhoomonyou
08-12-2012, 07:36
Canadians.

Sadly, no such thing as a GOOD area anymore.

ColdSteelNail
08-12-2012, 16:33
Nah...they're just spotlighting moose.

HalfHazzard
08-13-2012, 14:43
Far from Maine, but I think in general, crime in America is increasing. I think it's also leaving the cities and hitting the suburbs more and more. I think it relates strongly to the apathy in the country that seems to be going around.

Numismatist
08-13-2012, 14:52
I live in Camden on the coast where it is still very nice; however, a few towns down Warren/Rockland/Thomaston there is a tremendous amount of drugs, pharmacy robberies, etc.

It's always hard to tell if the crime is the same, or if the media has decided to 'tell' it more than before.

Chesafreak
08-13-2012, 15:14
I just got back to VA from my vacation to the Portland/Scarborough area to visit my fiance's family. We are planning on moving there in the next 3 to 4 years. (We have to wait for her daughter to finish college first.) This was my second visit there. On the first trip we drove the Kancamagus Hwy and did some hiking in that area.

We attended my fiance's HS reunion and I met a LEO that is a member of the Violent Crimes Task Force in Portland.

I noticed that some towns, like Biddeford seem very poor compared to where I live now. I'm not too worried about crime there. It can't be any worse than the Hampton Roads VA area that I'm used to. I plan on getting my non-resident CHP ahead of time.

youngdocglock
08-13-2012, 20:49
I just got back to VA from my vacation to the Portland/Scarborough area to visit my fiance's family. We are planning on moving there in the next 3 to 4 years. (We have to wait for her daughter to finish college first.) This was my second visit there. On the first trip we drove the Kancamagus Hwy and did some hiking in that area.

We attended my fiance's HS reunion and I met a LEO that is a member of the Violent Crimes Task Force in Portland.

I noticed that some towns, like Biddeford seem very poor compared to where I live now. I'm not too worried about crime there. It can't be any worse than the Hampton Roads VA area that I'm used to. I plan on getting my non-resident CHP ahead of time.

My car was broken into today in scarborough. In broad daylight.....scarborough is the new biddeford :(

Chesafreak
08-14-2012, 03:43
My car was broken into today in scarborough. In broad daylight.....scarborough is the new biddeford :(

That sucks. Did you have anything in sight that would entice someone to break in? After my last car break in, I leave the doors unlocked and nothing inside. Gives them no reason to break the windows and nothing to entice them to enter the car.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

youngdocglock
08-14-2012, 11:03
That sucks. Did you have anything in sight that would entice someone to break in? After my last car break in, I leave the doors unlocked and nothing inside. Gives them no reason to break the windows and nothing to entice them to enter the car.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

They watched me and another person lock our cars and leave. We were targeted because we were driving nice cars i believe. They watchdd the other victem hide her purse. Watched my gf too...however i didnt see them do so....they knew exactly where it was

Chesafreak
08-14-2012, 11:49
How did you know you were watched?

I lived in upstate NY in a small town with very low crime a few years ago. In over three years I lived there, the only time that I ever left anything in my truck in plain sight, it was gone the next morning. They also stole a rifle out of the Police Chief's truck right down the road from me that same night.

I would guess that no matter where you live, with unemployment being so high there is bound to be a rise in crime.

youngdocglock
08-15-2012, 13:01
How did you know you were watched?

I lived in upstate NY in a small town with very low crime a few years ago. In over three years I lived there, the only time that I ever left anything in my truck in plain sight, it was gone the next morning. They also stole a rifle out of the Police Chief's truck right down the road from me that same night.

I would guess that no matter where you live, with unemployment being so high there is bound to be a rise in crime.

Witness statement from the other victem who had saw them watch her hide her purse. But forgot to let anyone else know.