Electronic cigarettes? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Electronic cigarettes?

Glock&KimberLady
08-12-2012, 02:03
Savd me from a 1.5 pack a day habit since November 2, 2011. Cheaper, and I used flavored juice.

Anyone else use these?

Many upsides...less cost, no cig stink on clothes/hair/breath/car, can breathe better (I'm at 6mg nicotine, about half of an ultralight cig) no freezing my hands off at 6000 feet while snowboarding (or on my deck in February), feel better, get sick less often, can grab a discreet hit in theater/plane/long doc office wait without going outside or jit-fitting, no lighter needed, on and on...

Downside...batteries going dead and having to explain that no, this is not a sneak-a-toke and no, you may not have a hit because no, this is not a sneak-a-toke!!!

GMAN12
08-12-2012, 04:50
I have been thinking about trying one, what brand is yours?

JBnTX
08-12-2012, 05:03
...and the non-smoking world thanks you very much.:bowdown:

jhoagland
08-12-2012, 05:18
Good to see you back and congratz on the smoking thing!

automatic slim
08-12-2012, 05:40
I just can't get into it, tried. I've rolled my own American Spirit for about 10 years, with filters, and I have to say that I actually enjoy smoking. It doesn't stink as bad as factory cigs, and they go out when you put them down.

The E-Cigs, I just don't know what it is that I'm "smoking". It seems to take away the enjoyment. I'm waiting for the news to come out that they're even worse for you than tobacco.

....Plus, how can you piss off smoke-nazis if they can't smell it?
:tongueout:

Glock&KimberLady
08-12-2012, 07:45
I have been thing about trying one, what brand is yours?

I don't buy the branded ones these days...I buy the batteries, cartridges, and e-liquid from different vendors.

If you want to try something that is simple, no-frills, and easy to start with, www.smoketip.com has the standard KR808-d1 batteries and prefilled "cartomizers" (cartridges with an atomizer attached, disposable)

Try the vanilla cartos...eventually you won't be able to use anything that tastes like tobacco.

@automatic: One of the main reasons I went to digicigs is because I spend a substantial portion of my time at altitude in winter. I can feel a definite difference in 'vaping' vs smoking when snowboarding or up on the mountain (or riding my dirtbike, or painting the deck, or navigating the stairs at my house all.day.long). Don't get me wrong, I smoked American Spirit yellows for YEARS, just figured it was time for a change.

GRIMLET
08-12-2012, 07:53
I always thought they looked ghey but if someone is trying to quit, I say go for it. And thanks for not lighting up around me.

Please explain how they work. I see on here they have different blends and amounts of nicotine?

GreenDrake
08-12-2012, 07:56
You can quit the day you get one, just don't buy a cheapo unit and you won't get frustrated with it. I bought the best one I could get and love it. You can start with extra high nictotine and every other month just step down the nicotine until your body naturally weans itself from it and you grow bored with it. Personally I find there is nothing better than the Silver Bullet from www.altsmoke.com and the Liquinator PHAT tank from www.vaporessence.com The tank allows you to use low resistance dual coil cartomizers for warmer vape and the ability to just fill the tank up wtih 5.5ml of juice and go for a week without having to fill anything, it also uses 18650 rechargeable batteries. It's big, but it's awesome.

Glock&KimberLady
08-12-2012, 08:10
I always thought they looked ghey but if someone is trying to quit, I say go for it. And thanks for not lighting up around me.

Please explain how they work. I see on here they have different blends and amounts of nicotine?

You can start with super high nicotine (32mg) and work your way down to 0mg if you have issues with hand-to-mouth (my main problem).

People just starting out usually use tobacco blend flavors, and then some get weird like me. I'm currently vaping, alternately, a sugar cookie flavor and a SweeTarts flavor. There's some amazing stuff out there.

Basically the e-liquid ("juice") is a mix of propylene glycol (the stuff used in inhalers), sometimes vegetable glycerin, and flavoring. When you inhale, the battery powers the atomizer ("atty" or the atomizer that is combined with the cartridge "cartomizer") which warms up and atomizes a small bit of the liquid, which is inhaled. When exhaled, the output is actually water vapor. No nicotine is emitted when you exhale, it is all absorbed by your lungs.

Have they done in-depth studies? Yes. Are there studies on the long-term? No. Do I feel better using these? Absolutely.
\
As far as people around me, if you hold the "hit" long enough, the water vapor mist is absorbed by your lungs and you smell/see nothing. Sometimes people will get a faint whiff of what I'm vaping (be it vanilla or cotton candy or whatever). I use a blue-LED-tipped battery so there's no mistaking that I'm not "smoking".

My biggest issue with smoking has never been nicotine or "jit fitting"...it's having something to do with my hands/mouth, especially when I'm bored. That's why I can alternate between 6mg and 0mg, because the hand-to-mouth habit has been shown to be just as - if not more - addictive than the nicotine drug reliance.

Oh, and the fun part? ATF cannot regulate these because they do *not* have tobacco in them, and FDA cannot regulate because they are not medical devices and aren't intended to diagnose, treat, cure blahblahblah a nicotine addiction. Naturally, lawmakers are going nuts about them and doing everything they can to regulate them (*SIGH*), keep them out of kids' hands (which I heartily agree with).

Big downside...cartos and batteries are made pretty much exclusively in China, so quality control can suck. I get my liquid made in USA by a nice couple in Wisconsin, so I can at least control where the solution that goes into my lungs is made. I get a bad cartomizer maybe 1 out of 20, but it's a fair trade overall.

GRIMLET
08-12-2012, 08:15
Ok. It seems it would be effective for reducing addiction to nicotine.

Once that is over, what is the plan for the hand mouth thing?
I would guess chewing a straw or eating hard candy?

I love the terms, vaping, juice.
I bet someone now is attempting to mix a blend with synthetic drugs.
Hahhahaha

MrKandiyohi
08-12-2012, 08:25
Your lungs are thanking you. Good job.

Now just kick the HtM addiction, and your bank account will thank you even more.

GreenDrake
08-12-2012, 08:29
Another nice thing is, no stink. You can take a couple quick tokes and the fix is in, no need to puff 20 times.

G17Jake
08-12-2012, 08:37
Electronic cigarette explodes in Muskogee woman's hand

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/Electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-Muskogee-womans/ek2x6P6rvkyLu5cMrvGwVQ.cspx

Electronic cigarette explodes in man's mouth, causes serious injuries
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57379260-10391704/electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-mouth-causes-serious-injuries/

NickC50310
08-12-2012, 08:54
I have been using a joy 510 for almost 3 years now. I still smoke very rarely. Since February i have had about 15 regular cigs. Regular cigs are not as enjoyable for me. I use them when out at the bar or somewhere i don't feel like explaining that no I'm not smoking weed like you stated. Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

gwalchmai
08-12-2012, 10:21
Addictions are interesting things. Societal attitudes to addictions are even more so. Who cares about someone using nicotine, especially if they do it in a manner that lets them "keep it to themselves"? I wonder how long before the nanny state comes after this form of nicotine delivery.

GRIMLET
08-12-2012, 10:35
Addictions are interesting things. Societal attitudes to addictions are even more so. Who cares about someone using nicotine, especially if they do it in a manner that lets them "keep it to themselves"? I wonder how long before the nanny state comes after this form of nicotine delivery.

I'm all for that. Personal responsibility. Unfortunately, smoking causes problems for others in the vicinity.
I prefer non smoking restaurants. That's just me. I don't want to infringe upon anyones decision to smoke, I just don't want to smell like an ash tray or develop issues due to second hand smoke.

gwalchmai
08-12-2012, 10:41
Does smoking these "electronic cigarettes" cause problems for others in the vicinity? I don't know, but it's logical that exhaling would expose them.

GRIMLET
08-12-2012, 10:49
I have been around a coworker a couple if times using this. It had no odor I could tell and I dont know about inhalation of anything.

They are very nonoffensive to me.

happy seal
08-12-2012, 11:07
Savd me from a 1.5 pack a day habit since November 2, 2011. Cheaper, and I used flavored juice.

Anyone else use these?

Many upsides...less cost, no cig stink on clothes/hair/breath/car, can breathe better (I'm at 6mg nicotine, about half of an ultralight cig) no freezing my hands off at 6000 feet while snowboarding (or on my deck in February), feel better, get sick less often, can grab a discreet hit in theater/plane/long doc office wait without going outside or jit-fitting, no lighter needed, on and on...

Downside...batteries going dead and having to explain that no, this is not a sneak-a-toke and no, you may not have a hit because no, this is not a sneak-a-toke!!!

Why not just buck up and quit all of it? :dunno:

Diesel_Bomber
08-12-2012, 11:14
OP: Well done sir!

Ecig is no more offensive than someone sucking on a Tootsie pop.

Edit: Sorry GKL, must have forgotten who started the thread, didn't mean anything by saying sir. :o

Glock&KimberLady
08-12-2012, 11:44
Electronic cigarette explodes in Muskogee woman's hand

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/Electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-Muskogee-womans/ek2x6P6rvkyLu5cMrvGwVQ.cspx

Electronic cigarette explodes in man's mouth, causes serious injuries
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57379260-10391704/electronic-cigarette-explodes-in-mans-mouth-causes-serious-injuries/

Hrm, guess I'll go back to real cigarettes then. :upeyes:

@grimlet & happy seal: not quitting all of it yet because I'm not there yet.

@gwalchmai: lab studies show exhaled nicotine is trace enough to be considered negligible. Exhalation is still almost entirely comprised of water vapor.

@Nick: I considered the 510 but went with the 808. The ony difference is the threading on the battery/carto. :)

G17Jake
08-12-2012, 11:45
Hrm, guess I'll go back to real cigarettes then. :upeyes:
@grimlet & happy seal: not quitting all of it yet because I'm not there yet.

@gwalchmai: lab studies show exhaled nicotine is trace enough to be considered negligible. Exhalation is still almost entirely comprised of water vapor.

@Nick: I considered the 510 but went with the 808. The ony difference is the threading on the battery/carto. :)

I'm not suggesting that.

Sporaticus
08-12-2012, 12:14
......and having to explain that no, this is not a sneak-a-toke and no, you may not have a hit because no, this is not a sneak-a-toke!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't smoke but have always wondered if those were a good alternative.

el_jewapo
08-12-2012, 12:19
I'm all for that. Personal responsibility. Unfortunately, smoking causes problems for others in the vicinity.
I prefer non smoking restaurants. That's just me. I don't want to infringe upon anyones decision to smoke, I just don't want to smell like an ash tray or develop issues due to second hand smoke.

I can't believe people actually think a passing breath, or even enclosed room exposure here and there is such a danger to their health. It usually takes a heavy smoker years and years to develop problems from smoking. I'm sure there's significant risk to a person that lives with a heavy smoker that smokes in the house. But going into a bar or restaurant here and there and smelling smoke is way down the list of health concerns. People are just too wrapped up in the propaganda.

Lampshade
08-12-2012, 12:25
I'm not suggesting that.

I'm curious, what was your point?

Sporaticus
08-12-2012, 12:28
BTW: I like the avatar. You have a pretty smile, and I don't understand why all your old avatars never had you smiling. Except the first one, where you had your hands over your eyes; if that was you.... and even as this is coming out, I wonder how I remember it so well.

jtmac
08-12-2012, 12:39
I'm not a smoker, but I grew up silently suffering (yes, suffering) with family and friends that smoked.

Recently my coworkers have taken up electronic cigarettes. Let me tell you, it's FANTASTIC. No irritation to my eyes/sinuses/lungs from second hand smoke. No stink in the air or on my clothes from second hand smoke--it actually smells good, the worst I've smelled having the pleasing aroma of a quality cigar.

And, extra bonus, they can smoke in the car, preventing us from standing around in the heat or cold on our lunch hour so they can get their fix.

Yeah, their health is important, too, but it's just a win all around is my point.

G17Jake
08-12-2012, 12:48
I'm curious, what was your point?

What was my point? Really?

I post two reports from regular established (MSM) news sources that tell of electronic cigarettes exploding. Is it sensationalism? I don't know. Is the risk extremely remote? Maybe. Was it the user failing to follow instructions? Perhaps?

But if you are putting something in your mouth that have been known to explode, you may want to investigate so you know the risk.

I don't smoke, so I have never considered using electronic cigarettes, but I remembered seeing news headlines of exploding electronic cigarettes, so I thought I would share, since it is on topic with the thread.

el_jewapo
08-12-2012, 12:53
I'm not a fan of frivolous law suits. But having a couple teeth knocked out from an exploding electronic cigarette would be like winning the lottery.

GRIMLET
08-12-2012, 12:56
I can't believe people actually think a passing breath, or even enclosed room exposure here and there is such a danger to their health. It usually takes a heavy smoker years and years to develop problems from smoking. I'm sure there's significant risk to a person that lives with a heavy smoker that smokes in the house. But going into a bar or restaurant here and there and smelling smoke is way down the list of health concerns. People are just too wrapped up in the propaganda.

Thank you for your thoughts. If one has asthma or another breathing related issue how long does the exposure take to affect them? Minutes?

How long does it take for a service industry worker who is around it 40 hours a week?

It is not so far down on the list of many nonsmokers health concerns. That, sir, is not propaganda.

joker42179
08-12-2012, 14:08
GKL you are my new bestest friend here :supergrin:. I am currently using a http://supertmanufacturing.com/id90.html Precise Plus 10440 with low res. cartos. Best e-cig purchase Ive made to date.

el_jewapo
08-12-2012, 14:32
Thank you for your thoughts. If one has asthma or another breathing related issue how long does the exposure take to affect them? Minutes?

How long does it take for a service industry worker who is around it 40 hours a week?

It is not so far down on the list of many nonsmokers health concerns. That, sir, is not propaganda.

Someone with asthma bad enough that a bit of smoke sets it off is just in a bad place in general. A lot of things probably give them asthma attacks throughout the day and I honestly hate it for them. But a healthy person thinking they're in serious danger being exposed to smoke over the coarse of a 30-60 minute meal is kind of silly.

As for the service industry worker. I mentioned living with a smoker that smokes inside is a health risk. Implying long term exposure. Do I really have to sit here and dream up every long term exposure scenario?

It just really bugs me that we as a society have the nerve to tell a business owner he can't have a smoke in his own joint because someone might be bothered by it. That's insane to me.

GreenDrake
08-12-2012, 16:49
I have converted a bunch of friends who smoked, they would go outside to have one and I would join them with my bullet, one bought hers minutes after trying mine. The only thing exhaled is water vapor. Choose your flavor, I like Apple Frost right now.

gwalchmai
08-12-2012, 17:32
The only thing exhaled is water vapor. Then I honestly can't see where it's anybody else's business. Assuming I don't have to pay for any nicotine associated health risks, of course, and I don't think I should. But if we're going to worry about that we're back to regulating french fries. :supergrin:

Gareth68
08-12-2012, 18:09
we're back to regulating french fries. :supergrin:

I really prefer tot's myself, and would wholeheartedly embrace outlawing fries....

:whistling:

Tim151515
08-12-2012, 18:19
when I quit smoking I used the lausenges and they worked great. that was a few years ago. Never really tried the electric cig. heard a horror story(on here I think) of one that blew up on a guy. Im sure it was more than a freak accident though. But damn, 1.5 packs a day? thats a lot. At least your taking the innitiative to quit. If for no other reason, youll see a lot more disposable income when you kick that habbit.

Lampshade
08-12-2012, 18:31
What was my point? Really?

I post two reports from regular established (MSM) news sources that tell of electronic cigarettes exploding. Is it sensationalism? I don't know. Is the risk extremely remote? Maybe. Was it the user failing to follow instructions? Perhaps?

But if you are putting something in your mouth that have been known to explode, you may want to investigate so you know the risk.

Thank you for explaining, I was genuinely curious what point you were trying to make.

I wouldn't worry about my vaporizer exploding any more than my cell phone, lighter, or other such product.

I see that you are genuinely not familiar with the technology and were just trying to share what you thought might be relevant information.

To those familiar with vaporizers, your post came across much like someone posting a picture of a kaboomed Glock in a "got a new Glock" thread.

G17Jake
08-12-2012, 18:43
Thank you for explaining, I was genuinely curious what point you were trying to make.

I wouldn't worry about my vaporizer exploding any more than my cell phone, lighter, or other such product.

I see that you are genuinely not familiar with the technology and were just trying to share what you thought might be relevant information.

To those familiar with vaporizers, your post came across much like someone posting a picture of a kaboomed Glock in a "got a new Glock" thread.

Thanks.

You are correct... I am not familiar with the electronic cigarette technology, but I have witnessed batteries exploding. Lithium batteries can explode with quite a force. But I am not saying that
is likely with the elec. smokes.

Glock&KimberLady
08-12-2012, 20:21
BTW: I like the avatar. You have a pretty smile, and I don't understand why all your old avatars never had you smiling. Except the first one, where you had your hands over your eyes; if that was you.... and even as this is coming out, I wonder how I remember it so well.

Yes, hands reversed over my eyes to make "glasses" and marginally hide my face. That was backin the day when I was still worried about weirdos on the Internetz. :whistling: and hmm, that WAS an old avatar. I don't normally smile in photos because...hrm...yannow, my mom complains about the same thing. :tongueout:

As far as exploding Li batteries, I figure the risk is about the same as any rechargeable battery...including my cell, iPad, Jawbone and XBox remotes. I'll take my chances.

The sarcasm when I said I'd go back to regular cigarettes was the fact that there's always someone wanting to do the squash down when you're doin' something new. No exception in this case.

And yeh, 1.5 packs a day is a lot of cigarettes (2 packs a day if things were particularly stressful). Hence the switch! I urge you, if you are a smoker, to at least try the "digital" version. You may end up with a less expensive habit, if nothing else.

GreenDrake
08-12-2012, 20:51
Nicotine causes no damage to anyone. In fact with an e-cig you get no carcinogens and no tar, no harm no foul.

Bow Commander
08-13-2012, 13:48
I tried my cousin's E-cig with Cinnamon flavoring and it was delicious! Anything that helps a person even ATTEMPT to quit smoking cigarettes is A-OK in my book :wavey:

mcaz
10-24-2012, 11:28
I want to sincerely thank glock&kimberlady and the rest of you for this thread. My wife and I smoked for nearly 22 years. After reading your success stories, I decided to pick up a couple of cheap e-cigs to see if we could at least cut down on smoking. They weren't great, but we were able to cut back. There was definitely potential.

After a few days, we decided to order a better set-up and found ourselves smoking less and less. Eventually, an entire day went by without a cigarette. Then another and another.

It has now been 18 days and 12 hours since our last cigarette! We truly can't believe how easy the transition was. Neither of us have any cravings and enjoy vaping so much more. We are absolutely thrilled!

So, again, a huge and sincere THANK YOU!

mcaz
10-24-2012, 11:30
Oops...double tap

NightTrainHD
10-24-2012, 11:49
I have been using an E-cig for a little over a year. Went from 2 packs a day to about 5 cigarettes a day since day one. I mix my own flavors and found cinnamon red hots and peppermint mixed together tastes like big red chewing gum. I still smoke regular cigs now and then out of pure habit. I have a tacklebox full of flavors I mix for people.

Dennis in MA
10-24-2012, 12:32
I'm pretty sure you are REQUIRED to have an E-cig after using this:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449293

:rofl:

gatorboy
10-24-2012, 13:08
My GF uses them. She's tried a few different kinds. Some of them make an impressive smoke-like exhale. What is that, steam?

gatorboy
10-24-2012, 13:10
I want to sincerely thank glock&kimberlady and the rest of you for this thread. My wife and I smoked for nearly 22 years. After reading your success stories, I decided to pick up a couple of cheap e-cigs to see if we could at least cut down on smoking. They weren't great, but we were able to cut back. There was definitely potential.

After a few days, we decided to order a better set-up and found ourselves smoking less and less. Eventually, an entire day went by without a cigarette. Then another and another.

It has now been 18 days and 12 hours since our last cigarette! We truly can't believe how easy the transition was. Neither of us have any cravings and enjoy vaping so much more. We are absolutely thrilled!

So, again, a huge and sincere THANK YOU!

Good for you, that's awsome!

VinnieD
10-24-2012, 13:30
As a non-smoker, I thing they're brilliant. I don't have to smell cigarette smoke nearly as much now, and I much less often get smoke blown in my face when leaving a business because of employees smoking right outside the door and blowing smoke on people exiting (seriously this has been a problem in many places.)

I'm fine if someone wants to smoke. They should respect that I choose not to smoke. E cigs seem to be the best compromise. They can smoke, I don't have to have smoke forced on me. It's a win win.

Glock&KimberLady
10-24-2012, 13:41
@mcaz: :dancingbanana: I was amazed how nasty actual tobacoo smoke smells now. Mr. GKL tried out a regular cigarette at a friend's in CA back in April, and he said it was like sucking smoky water through a straw, with a concomitant burn. :shocked: 11/02/11 is my quite date, coming up on a year!

My e-liquid supplier is www.sweet-vapes.com

I don't get a kickback or anything to recommend them, Dana is just really good. You can select flavoring strength (regular, extra or double), nicotine strength, and PG/VG blend. I usually get my order within 3 days and she's in Wisconsin, I'm in Idaho.

Right now, my all-day vape is Sugar Cookie, extra flavoring, 70PG/30VG, 6mg. She'll do custom nic blends, i.e., 3mg or 1.5 if you can't commit to 0mg yet. :cool: They do 6ml samples to try out a flavor, I'm going to try out Cinnamon Red Hots and Melon Bubblemint next...

GreenDrake
10-24-2012, 17:38
GKL, try the Apple Frost from www.altsmoke.com it's delicious.

Glock&KimberLady
10-24-2012, 18:06
GKL, try the Apple Frost from www.altsmoke.com it's delicious.

I may check out some of their flavors...I am absolutely not a menthol/freeze fan, but some of the fruit flavors look good. As long as it isn't that godawful DeKang juice!!!

Side note - do you shop at Costco in CdA? May have seen you vaping, black tank, a few months back? If it was you, we shared an ironic grin and hoisted our Es at each other.

If not, some random other vaper. Still pretty rare to see one in the wild... :supergrin:

mcaz
10-24-2012, 20:52
@mcaz: :dancingbanana: I was amazed how nasty actual tobacoo smoke smells now. Mr. GKL tried out a regular cigarette at a friend's in CA back in April, and he said it was like sucking smoky water through a straw, with a concomitant burn. :shocked: 11/02/11 is my quite date, coming up on a year!

My e-liquid supplier is www.sweet-vapes.com

I don't get a kickback or anything to recommend them, Dana is just really good. You can select flavoring strength (regular, extra or double), nicotine strength, and PG/VG blend. I usually get my order within 3 days and she's in Wisconsin, I'm in Idaho.

Right now, my all-day vape is Sugar Cookie, extra flavoring, 70PG/30VG, 6mg. She'll do custom nic blends, i.e., 3mg or 1.5 if you can't commit to 0mg yet. :cool: They do 6ml samples to try out a flavor, I'm going to try out Cinnamon Red Hots and Melon Bubblemint next...

After a relatively short amount of time not smoking, we caught a whiff of a cigarette and couldn't believe how strong, and bad, the smell was. I was always aware of the smell, just didn't realize it was that bad.

Thanks for the link. Going to order some samples right now.

We've been trying different liquids from different vendors. So far vapedudes.com has been our favorite. They also allow you to customize strength, pg/vg ratio, etc. The Buttery Nip*le and Blue Honey (tastes kind of like grape hubbabubba) are awesome. Also, you get 40% off first time orders by using "vapedudes" as a coupon code.

Congrats on going on a year!

GreenDrake
10-25-2012, 06:24
I may check out some of their flavors...I am absolutely not a menthol/freeze fan, but some of the fruit flavors look good. As long as it isn't that godawful DeKang juice!!!

Side note - do you shop at Costco in CdA? May have seen you vaping, black tank, a few months back? If it was you, we shared an ironic grin and hoisted our Es at each other.

If not, some random other vaper. Still pretty rare to see one in the wild... :supergrin:

Nope, that wasn't me. I do shop at the CDA Costco once in a while, when picking up meats for bbq competitions. I will check out your juice site too, always looking for a good new flavor.

xrmattaz
10-25-2012, 06:56
Nicotine causes no damage to anyone. In fact with an e-cig you get no carcinogens and no tar, no harm no foul.

Does nicotine no longer cause loss of surfactant, even in the adult lung?

xrmattaz
10-25-2012, 07:01
:supergrin:I'm vaping in my avatar, back in 2001!

Glock&KimberLady
10-25-2012, 12:54
For those who down on e-cigs versus traditional, I will give you that neither is totally safe.

However, I consider the subtraction of ash, tar, irritant particulate smoke, formaldehyde and benzene make e-cigs more desirable right off the bat.

They are also socially more acceptable. I can 100% assure you ALL of my friends and family FAR prefer the slight vanilla scent to traditional smoke, and ALL of them have TOLD me to vape away while inside their houses or cars. I was a "polite" smoker even with regular cigs, and want to make sure I am not annoying anyone. I have been told time and time again that the vape smell is pleasant and barely noticeable. That is a bonus as well.

Big B in Big D
10-25-2012, 14:23
Just started smoking again a few months ago. :sigh:

I've been on the fence about these for a year. I've been worried about the fluid used in the carts from China...I had no idea you could get American made fluid. I think I'm in! Thanks for the info in this thread; very helpful!

Glock&KimberLady
10-25-2012, 15:04
Just started smoking again a few months ago. :sigh:

I've been on the fence about these for a year. I've been worried about the fluid used in the carts from China...I had no idea you could get American made fluid. I think I'm in! Thanks for the info in this thread; very helpful!

Most batteries and carts are made in China...there are some tank and tank mods that are made in the USA if you are anti-Chinese hardware. The tanks and mods are expensive, though (natch).

And yeh, I hate Chinese liquid too...for the fact that I have no idea what is in it and it's essentially flavorless and thin. Compromise - Chinese made cartos and American liquid. You still get 1 dud carto out of every 20, but at least you control what's actually being vaporized.

hd67xlch
10-25-2012, 16:30
And to think, it was pot smokers who started the vaping thing 20 years ago, and now they have possibly saved your lives. Who would have thought.

Von Hayes
05-12-2013, 05:07
I just ordered some blu e-cigs (premium 100's).

Should have it in 2 days.

This thread and one over on abovetopsecret.com have convinced me its the way to go.

I figure Blu seems.tohavewon

Big Dog Dad
05-12-2013, 05:41
After trying a few cheap brands, I bought the V2 starter kit and haven't had a cigarette since 4-14-13. I was a 1 to 1 1/2 pack a day smoker. The e-cigs are a great money saver and I love to watch the reactions of people when I pull one out and start puffing in public places. I know someone in the govt is going to throw a tree-hugger pissy fit just because I look like I'm enjoying doing something and it seems there are people these days who dedicate their lives to trying to make your life miserable. If you want to quit smoking, I definitely recommend e-cigs!

-=BDD=-

got_metal
05-12-2013, 10:37
I've been using e-cigs for a little over a year. First tried one of those cheap gas station disposables while I was still smoking to see what it was all about. It was horrible. Bad taste, little to no throat hit and almost no vapor. Eventually got to try some of the better ones.

Currently using the KGO batteries from http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=5

With a tank setup http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=199

This is one of my main vendors. I find their liquids to be one of the best. All made in the USA. Their RY4 is one of my favorites.

Just ordered a couple Vivi Nova tanks to try em out, they seem to get good reviews. http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=311

ETA: I haven't touched a cigarette since day one of using the good e-cigs. They work great. I hadn't realized until after I quit just how bad smokers smell. I don't miss it at all.

meleors
05-12-2013, 22:45
Tagged

Mr KV
05-12-2013, 22:52
Using a Provari mini with a Cobra genesis tank on top with SS mesh and 30 gauge.

Been vaping for 1.5 yrs, best thing to happen to me :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/13/8ave9e3e.jpg

Folsom_Prison
05-12-2013, 22:56
Never have bought my own E cig but have tried one. Honestly made me want the real deal, didn't do anything for me.

Mr KV
05-13-2013, 01:25
Never have bought my own E cig but have tried one. Honestly made me want the real deal, didn't do anything for me.

That's what happens when you buy those cig-alike looking ecigs. First timers should try to start off with an Ego type battery paired with a clearomizer or vivi nova type tank. Also juice selection along with nicotine mg's and pg/vg ratios. It took me a while to get where I'm at now, but if I had another chance with all the knowledge I have now, I probably could've saved more money on my start up. I've had the pleasure of converting more than 10 analog smokers, and they've gone off to convert their friends/family. It's a rewarding feeling.

sdsnet
05-13-2013, 01:38
Be careful where you buy the "juice". My wife suffered a near fatal arrhythmia after smoking a new juice she found on the Internet she suspects may have been from china. After 11 days in the hospital and 5 in the cardiac ICU she never picked up another one - real or electronic. And her defibrillator has never logged a problem with her heart since it was installed during that stay.

sdsnet

Mr KV
05-13-2013, 02:56
Be careful where you buy the "juice". My wife suffered a near fatal arrhythmia after smoking a new juice she found on the Internet she suspects may have been from china. After 11 days in the hospital and 5 in the cardiac ICU she never picked up another one - real or electronic. And her defibrillator has never logged a problem with her heart since it was installed during that stay.

sdsnet

Glad your wife is okay and on the right path now. I'm curious, can you tell me exactly what juice caused this reaction for her? Also what juice she was vaping before with no problems?

eccho
05-13-2013, 04:20

Anyone else use these?

Rock on:wavey:

I wish my mother would start using these. Grandma too actually....

Kevin108
05-13-2013, 05:35
Does smoking these "electronic cigarettes" cause problems for others in the vicinity? I don't know, but it's logical that exhaling would expose them.

Some of the "flavors" dissipate better than others. There's a guy at work who huffs and puffs on one of these things all day and his vehicle reeks to me but others say smells like cappuccino.

I've not known anyone to actually quit with the e-smokes. Most spend more on parts and batteries than they did when smoking tobacco and many "smoke" more with these than cigarettes because they feel free to do it anywhere they want.

Maybe an alcoholic could start watering down his drinks.
Maybe a crackhead could burn smaller spoonfulls.

Call me crazy, but with any addiction, it seems like the best way to quit is to stop. :dunno:

gwalchmai
05-13-2013, 06:15
Call me crazy, but with any addiction, it seems like the best way to quit is to stop. :dunno:I have to agree, especially after reading posts like Using a Provari mini with a Cobra genesis tank on top with SS mesh and 30 gauge.

Been vaping for 1.5 yrs, best thing to happen to me

Sounds like Steve Martin's parody of yuppies ordering coffee at Starbucks. :supergrin:

Dennis in MA
05-13-2013, 08:49
LA Story Ordering Coffee - YouTube

Bilbo Baggins
02-20-2014, 07:36
Just made the jump to an E-Cigg. (of course the bosses making the shop nonsmoking kinda forced it)
Did a bit of research and talked to a few people I know who use them and I ended up going with a Volcano Inferno starter kit.
2 days in and so far I am very pleased with it, I do not even crave a real cigg as long as I hit it every so often, still have the same pack of cigarettes from when I purchased the E-cigg

rilkil23
02-20-2014, 08:26
I'm running the Innokin Itaste and it's been fantastic. I'm down to one bottle with 6mg of nicotine, for emergency, and different flavors with 0mg nicotine. Haven't smoked in over 2 years and vaping was a huge help.

mattallamerican
02-20-2014, 08:29
dont worry the libtards and tobacco nazis dont like them.they need complete control of your actions and a means to tax you

Dalton Wayne
04-02-2014, 19:34
Just got my first vaper, haven't smoked a real cigerette in 2 days:cool:

NeverMore1701
04-02-2014, 19:38
That's most people's results, even if they have no intention of quitting cigs.

SunsetMan
04-02-2014, 19:55
Just got my first vaper, haven't smoked a real cigerette in 2 days:cool:

What did you get?

Dalton Wayne
04-02-2014, 19:58
Started with the R1 cheap China made to try at first

G30SF/F-250
04-02-2014, 19:58
That's most people's results, even if they have no intention of quitting cigs.

I agree!

I didn't plan to stop smoking but after two days of vaping I couldn't stand the taste of a cig.

8 months, 27 days, 7 hours, $2,365.29 not spent on smokes, 9,461 cigs avoided.

Yep, there is an app for that.:supergrin:

Rizzo
04-02-2014, 20:32
What, pray, is "jit-fitting"? I googled that term but I just got a bunch of pages about hydraulic-line repairs.