View Full Version : breaking news......Ron Paul lost

Pages : [1] 2

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 09:22
Now, Get over it

countrygun
08-12-2012, 09:28
Now, Get over it

The large print in the OP was a good idea, but there were to many words in the thread title and the paulbots couldn't remember what it was about by the time they finished reading it.

G29Reload
08-12-2012, 10:09
Who is this Ron Paul of which you speak? Never heard of him.

Cavalry Doc
08-12-2012, 10:16
Haven't you heard, he was robbed, the election was stolen, and there is a lawsuit (2nd try) pending that will fix everything and make him the nominee.

Hope springs eternal in some.

Cambo
08-12-2012, 10:45
Ron Paul supporters are probably praying for an act of God to take out Mitt Romney so their man can run and then.....LOSE.

Ruble Noon
08-12-2012, 10:51
Now, Get over it

I have. I'm voting for Gary Johnson. :wavey:

Ruble Noon
08-12-2012, 10:53
Haven't you heard, he was robbed, the election was stolen, and there is a lawsuit (2nd try) pending that will fix everything and make him the nominee.

Hope springs eternal in some.

http://libertycrier.com/politics/maine-gov-lepage-threatens-rnc-boycott-if-ron-paul-delegates-are-not-seated/

JBnTX
08-12-2012, 10:54
Now, Get over it

You must be a pro big government statist that hates the constitution and has no concept of what true liberty is.

You call yourself a conservative, but you're really a progressive liberal.

It's people like you that have destroyed this country.

Don't you know that Ron Paul is the ONLY person that can save this country?

Don't you know that Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are the same person?

I refuse to vote because I'm standing up for my principles.

I refuse to vote so I can teach you and the republican party a lesson.

I'll vote for Obama before I'll vote for a progressive like Mitt Romney.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 10:57
http://i45.tinypic.com/qs4191.jpg

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 11:15
http://i50.tinypic.com/10rplxz.jpg

:music:

Kingarthurhk
08-12-2012, 11:47
Now, Get over it

Nothing to get over, he was nuts.

walt cowan
08-12-2012, 12:17
You forgot the convention. Busy burning bridges Hun?

countrygun
08-12-2012, 12:19

"The dogs bark, but the caravan move on"

G-19
08-12-2012, 12:42

Don't forget the secret delegate strategy. It must be done, they must save us from ourselves. We must not be allowed to decide what is right for us, the the enlightened few will tell us how to live. They will led us into a "higher" state of being.

MartinRiggs1987
08-12-2012, 12:58
Don't forget the secret delegate strategy. It must be done, they must save us from ourselves. We must not be allowed to decide what is right for us, the the enlightened few will tell us how to live. They will led us into a "higher" state of being.Reminds me of the board hitting friars in Holy Grail.

Snowman92D
08-12-2012, 14:09
http://i50.tinypic.com/10rplxz.jpg

I hope the paulbots had their maxi-pads on before they saw that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Machinist
08-12-2012, 14:35
Posting in an epic thread.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 14:55
You must be a pro big government statist that hates the constitution and has no concept of what true liberty is.

well, knock yourself out. if you have young children, explain the yoke of slavery you just threw over their shoulders with the new debt obozo adds. pat yourself on the back for being so true to your cause.

and obozo still wont legalize weed for you...too bad.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 14:56
I hope the paulbots had their maxi-pads on before they saw that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

he's actually rick astley?????

they must have changed his features on the mother ship.

steveksux
08-12-2012, 14:57
Lost? Are you sure? That doesn't sound right, do you have a link to back that up? :whistling::tongueout::supergrin:

I think there are more Paul bumper stickers than Romney bumper stickers...

Randy

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 14:59

really? how many terms have i served in congress? how many dollars of debt did i allow to happen under my watch in congress?

why don't you ask ronny boy that question.? afraid of the answer? he'll say "smeep smeep smeep" which is ronulan for "make another donation"...you'll comply. and maybe then, you'll wise up...but i doubt it.

beforeobamabans
08-12-2012, 15:00
How to make friends and influence voters you have a chance to win over. :whistling:

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 15:14
How to make friends and influence voters you have a chance to win over. :whistling:

"Why do you hate the constitution?" has been posted too many times here on GlockTalk for me to ever respect an unrepentant Ronulan.
:tinfoil:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 15:30
"Why do you hate the constitution?" has been posted too many times here on GlockTalk for me to ever respect an unrepentant Ronulan.

You don't get it. The folks who backed "I have the perfect answer for everything and my platform is already built with no need for input from the Republican party and I will not compromise" Ron Paul,

are now throwing a hissy fit because nobody is compromising for them.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 15:47

beforeobam bans, these folks are very vocal about "i'll never vote for romney....i'd rather vote for obama"

part of me can respect that, however, when you are willing to enslave your own children with more needless debt because ron paul lost the primary, well....that respect wanes in a hurry.

some of these guys are the type you'd have a great day at the range with great conversation over a cup of coffee, and, if politics was left out of it, probably really get along great.

others, well.... may as well be liberal hacks.

but, if you think kindness will win them over, think again.

Harbour
08-12-2012, 15:50

Good that you make it extremely clear how much you disrespect Ron Paul, and everything he stood for.

Helps to illuminate the vast difference in values between unquestioning Republican loyalists and those who supported Paul.

You certainly won't mind when the "Paulbot" votes don't end up in the Romney column.

They won't be voting for Obama either.

You see.....unlike you, the "Paulbots" simply will not vote for a Liberal. :cool:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 15:54
Good that you make it extremely clear how much you disrespect Ron Paul, and everything he stood for.

Helps to illuminate the vast difference in values between unquestioning Republican loyalists and those who supported Paul.

You certainly won't mind when the "Paulbot" votes don't end up in the Romney column.

You see.....unlike you, the "Paulbots" simply will not vote for a Liberal. :cool:

Oh yah, thse are the uncompromising folks that expect everyone to compromise for them.

Oh yes and they won't vote for Romney so it doesn't really look like we lose anything by telling them to take a hike.

If we want to hear from the paulbots from here on we can look in the Sunday Funnies.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 15:54

and that's fine, but again...if you are willing to enslave your children with more debt to "prove your loyalty", you may want to question your loyalties.

i was a paul supporter. i saw that he wasn't going to win. i didn't jump ship.

i was thrown overboard by rabid paulites.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 16:01
and that's fine, but again...if you are willing to enslave your children with more debt to "prove your loyalty", you may want to question your loyalties.

i was a paul supporter. i saw that he wasn't going to win. i didn't jump ship.

i was thrown overboard by rabid paulites.

Yah but you get a great view as the "Ship of Fools" sails off into the sunset:supergrin:

Harbour
08-12-2012, 16:39
Oh yes and they won't vote for Romney so it doesn't really look like we lose anything by telling them to take a hike.

If we want to hear from the paulbots from here on we can look in the Sunday Funnies.

You're right, you don't lose a thing by telling them to take a hike.

What's really funny is that it is not the "Paulbots" who keep bringing the subject up. Note the title of this thread.

Although the OP expresses it in a very clumsy way, the underlying message is "RP lost, so now you have to vote with us Mittenites."

Not going to happen, Liberal Breath. :rofl:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 16:47
You're right, you don't lose a thing by telling them to take a hike.

What's really funny is that it is not the "Paulbots" who keep bringing the subject up. Note the title of this thread.

Although the OP expresses it in a very clumsy way, the underlying message is "RP lost, so now you have to vote with us Mittenites."

Apparently you are only capable of reading one thread a day, OR you choose to ignore the paulbot shots a ryan and romney in the other threads. I will give you the benefit of believing you are honest and the answer is the former.

BTW if you were asleep in class, the primary system is designed to pick the nominee of the party, not for a group to come in, lie to get free publicity, and run off when they lose. It really makes them look like they were trying to damage the party in the first place.

Harbour
08-12-2012, 16:58
BTW if you were asleep in class, the primary system is designed to pick the nominee of the party, not for a group to come in, lie to get free publicity, and run off when they lose. It really makes them look like they were trying to damage the party in the first place.

Got it....the "Paulbots" were always lying. And everyone else was always telling the truth. :whistling:

Thank goodness they all "ran off," before they could "damage" the Republican Party any more.

Certainly, nominating Mitt could never "damage" the Republican Party. It's All Good Now. :cool:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 17:07
Got it....the "Paulbots" were always lying. And everyone else was always telling the truth. :whistling:

Thank goodness they all "ran off," before they could "damage" the Republican Party any more.

Certainly, nominating Mitt could never "damage" the Republican Party. It's All Good Now. :cool:

The paulbots, and their annointed one, came into the Republican Party and ran in the primary, Paul lost and now they run off crying and won't support the winner because it wasn't their annointed one.

I'd call that two-faced and not really the kind of people i give two rat droppings about.

I just like to give them:wedgie:

when they have delusions of relevance

LASTRESORT20
08-12-2012, 17:08
I have. I'm voting for Gary Johnson. :wavey:

Who is he? Voting for Mickey-Mouse....is a vote for "dear Leader":wavey:

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 17:20

Assuming that you are a California voter, your vote doesn't count therefore your opinion doesn't really matter.:tongueout:

Harbour
08-12-2012, 17:47
Assuming that you are a California voter, your vote doesn't count therefore your opinion doesn't really matter.:tongueout:

What about the "Paulbots" who are registered in Red states, or in states that are too close to call?

Surely, you totally disrespect them too.....right? :wavey:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 17:49
What about the "Paulbots" who are registered in Red states, or in states that are too close to call?

Surely, you totally disrespect them too.....right? :wavey:

i don't know about him, but I call them

"Obama Supporters"

Harbour
08-12-2012, 18:09
i don't know about him, but I call them

"Obama Supporters"

You can call them anything you want.

The truth is that most "Paulbots" won't vote for a Democrat Liberal any more than they will vote for your Liberal.

You're not insisting that "a 3rd party vote is a vote for Obama" ....or are you?

Basic math proves that is literally a LIE.

The Machinist
08-12-2012, 19:02
and won't support the winner because it wasn't their annointed one.
Completely wrong. We don't support him, because he's a liberal clown.

The Machinist
08-12-2012, 19:04
And what do you think voting for Romney is going to do? Shrink our debt?

Yessir How High
08-12-2012, 19:27
The post I was commenting on was deleted. Thus, I delete my post.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 19:32

Are you speaking in the group or the royal "we"?

Well, either way, I am sure you are going to enjoy your pointless little circle-stroke.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 19:33

Thank you for posting that so I didn't have to.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 19:35
And what do you think voting for Romney is going to do? Shrink our debt?

better shot at slowing it down than getting obama re-elected. or, since neither are super ron, we should just all roll over, and play dead?

countrygun
08-12-2012, 19:41
better shot at slowing it down than getting obama re-elected. or, since neither are super ron, we should just all roll over, and play dead?

Jake,

I can understand why Paul seemed like a plausible choice but, now that you see what the folks like this are like, you must feel, kind of "dirty". I feel for ya but I am impressed that you aren't still one of those monkeys with the cymbals chattering and falling off the table.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 19:46
Jake,

I can understand why Paul seemed like a plausible choice but, now that you see what the folks like this are like, you must feel, kind of "dirty". I feel for ya but I am impressed that you aren't still one of those monkeys with the cymbals chattering and falling off the table.

like i said. i felt the need for a long shower. average age of a pauilte must be about 22 years old.

guys..... google "ross perot" . like i told the population of my ignore list, some of us were liberterians, before there were liberterians.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 19:49

Playing dead and not giving the stamp of approval to another big spender is a better alternative. Stamping this big spender just tells those at the top that you're ok with passing on unpayable debt to your grandchildren until the money is worthless.

Better shot based on what exactly? What has Romney EVER done to even think he'll slow anything down? He left huge deficits in Massachusetts. Bain ran up huge corporate debts and then ran most of them into bankruptcy. Only difference is that Romney will act like running up more debt is a conservative thing to do to save 'Murrica. If by some miracle he wins, I can't wait to hear his speeches about "Investing in America" by spending more money borrowed from the Fed and the Chinese.

Yessir How High
08-12-2012, 19:51
like i said. i felt the need for a long shower. average age of a pauilte must be about 22 years old.

guys..... google "ross perot" . like i told the population of my ignore list, some of us were liberterians, before there were liberterians.

I will be 69 in less than two weeks, a viet nam era veteran and I am a (sic) Paul Bot.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 19:57

That would be a fair assessment.

I fail to see one speck of political acumen among them. Just idealistic and useless rhetoric.

The only people they will impress are each other.

I still think the whole plan was to eliminate the effectiveness of the Libertarian party forever.

Can they really be so dumb they didn't learn from Ross Perot, or are they so young their handlers have kept them in the dark?

countrygun
08-12-2012, 20:00
I will be 69 in less than two weeks, a viet nam era veteran and I am a (sic) Paul Bot.

You had better watch your back. I am only 52 and one of the paulbots told me a couple of days ago, on this forum, that they were going to sweep the old folks out of the way.

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 20:03
Can they really be so dumb they didn't learn from Ross Perot, or are they so young their handlers have kept them in the dark?

i'm beginning to think both. remember just how horrifying it was, seeing ole' slick willy win with less than 50 percent of the vote...twice?

after that, how fast did the rumors surface that it was all a plant to give the win to clinton?

perot vanished, what... a day later?( not that kind of vanished....) just disappeared. all but destroying the liberterian movemnet. what did it bring us? 8 years of clinton, and 8 years of bush. and now look what we get stuck with.

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 20:04

Your vote doesn't matter either, assuming you are voting in CA, OR, or WA, so neither does your anti-GOP opinion.

I just like pushing rusty old Slinkys down the stairs again and again.

http://i46.tinypic.com/23ws5fb.jpg

Lawnmower, meet anthill.

:rofl:

Ruble Noon
08-12-2012, 20:12
r.

Can they really be so dumb they didn't learn from Ross Perot,

It would appear that you are the one that didn't learn from Perot.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 20:14

I fail to see one speck of political acumen among them. Just idealistic and useless rhetoric.

The only people they will impress are each other.

I still think the whole plan was to eliminate the effectiveness of the Libertarian party forever.

You have more conspiracy theories ready to roll than any Paul supporter I've ever met. You should borrow one of those foil hats from the FreeRepublic people that made that picture above.

You "still think"? Hmm...the last time you "still thought" it was that Paul was put there to give Obama a second term. Now it's that it's to destroy the libertarian movement? Make up your mind. Oh wait, you let the tv do that for you. Scratch that.

On a serious note, seems to me you'd be happy with the Libertarian Party being eliminated. So shouldn't you support us? You're all over the map.

Btw, Perot was RIGHT and should have been Pres. Shame you folks once again voted yourselves more misery while ignoring the TRUTH when it was right in front of you. Sounds like Einstein's definition of insanity. I heard something very telling at a convention that fits with your schizo stuff. "Never overestimate the intelligence of the average American voter."

countrygun
08-12-2012, 20:14
It would appear that you are the one that didn't learn from Perot.

It appears as though jakebrake, myself and others have learned a lot more from that fiasco than you are capable of.

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 20:15

People learn and mature at different rates.:fred:

http://i49.tinypic.com/9sx6rb.jpg

Ruble Noon
08-12-2012, 20:18
It appears as though jakebrake, myself and others have learned a lot more from that fiasco than you are capable of.

Your post proves different.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 20:23
Your post proves different.

The irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 20:29
http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2lnow.jpg

G19G20
08-12-2012, 20:33
There should be limits on how many stolen gifs someone can post.

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 20:33
http://i45.tinypic.com/14bt9g7.jpg

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 20:36
There should be limits on how many stolen gifs someone can post.

Power hungry statists always trying to stifle, infringe, and censor.:crying:

http://i46.tinypic.com/28rlglg.jpg

:animlol:

countrygun
08-12-2012, 20:39
Sad little pathetic people like the "rebels" in high school acting differently, as a group, to prove they were individuals, so they could have pity parties.

Never has a third party, or as in this case a group of turncoats, ever had the effect on America's political system that their handlers promised them.

This election is a prime example. The paulbots are "claiming" to be so anti-Romney, but it was their idol that handed him the victory in the primary. If Ron Paul had been sane and realized that he had almost no chance of winning the primary and absolutely NO chance of winning the general election, he could have used the early delegates he had to leverage a candidate, that did stand a chance and could have effected the Republican platform in return for his support. That is the way primaries work to the rational.

No Paul refused to use his delegates because the poor fool refused to see he couldn't win. (In case you are slow folks--He Lost). Now he and his followers are powerless and worse yet some of his delusional followers are trying to scream "but we matter,...we matter..you'll see" as their ship slips beneath the waves.

The ship of change they wanted to sail was scuttled by the delusional fools at the helm and the cargo that once held promise is now a water soaked ruin.

greatwun
08-12-2012, 20:54

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

G19G20
08-12-2012, 21:01
No Paul refused to use his delegates because the poor fool refused to see he couldn't win. (In case you are slow folks--He Lost). Now he and his followers are powerless and worse yet some of his delusional followers are trying to scream "but we matter,...we matter..you'll see" as their ship slips beneath the waves.

That's not a ship, it's a submarine.

You're so worried about this one particular presidential election that you're missing that Paul supporters are running for and, so far, winning many local, state, and federal offices around the country. The list of candidates is very long. You're a very small picture thinker countrygun. That's why this is a movement to us not just a single election.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 21:02
Power hungry statists always trying to stifle, infringe, and censor.:crying:

http://i46.tinypic.com/28rlglg.jpg

:animlol:

Bwahahaha.

And the "LIBERTARIAN" calls for censorship

Bwahahahahahah true colors

:rofl::rofl:

greatwun
08-12-2012, 21:04

RP has more support from military personnel that any other candidate. Are these the Paulites you speak so highly about?

jakebrake
08-12-2012, 21:05
RP has more support from military personnel that any other candidate. Are these the Paulites you speak so highly about?

let me pretend i'm a paulbot

link please.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 21:12
That's not a ship, it's a submarine.

You're so worried about this one particular presidential election that you're missing that Paul supporters are running for and, so far, winning many local, state, and federal offices around the country. The list of candidates is very long. You're a very small picture thinker countrygun. That's why this is a movement to us not just a single election.

So this has nothing to do with the presidential election?

Oh you clever puppeteers, pulling all these strings behind the curtains. Is this some more of that "wait 'till the rebellion at the convention" drizzle we heard before?

Idealogues are always talking about "the greater cause we serve that the masses never understand"

Yup sounding more like liberal fanatics every day.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 21:12
Bwahahaha.

And the "LIBERTARIAN" calls for censorship

Bwahahahahahah true colors

:rofl::rofl:

Internet forums are private property and censorship is perfectly acceptable on private property. Apples and oranges. But I didn't expect either of you to know the difference.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 21:16
Internet forums are private property and censorship is perfectly acceptable on private property. Apples and oranges. But I didn't expect either of you to know the difference.

Oho

So, there is no "principle" behind your belefs. censorship is right if it serves you and it is wrong when that serves you.

Of course, how much more "Obama-like" you sound when you are off the paulbot teleprompter.

greatwun
08-12-2012, 21:16

Harbour
08-12-2012, 21:19

It is amusing that you would bring up Ross Perot, because the moral of that story is obvious... beyond dispute. When a political party abandons its core values so badly that a large number of its natural constituents feel compelled to take their votes elsewhere......that party is probably going to lose.

Opinions can differ about who to blame.

You apparently would blame the voters who left.

Others would blame those in the party who caused, or willingly allowed, it to abandon its core values.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 21:19
So this has nothing to do with the presidential election?

Im getting pretty tired of trying to explain it to you in thread after thread. This election is the short term goal. Taking over the party is the long term goal.

Oh you clever puppeteers, pulling all these strings behind the curtains. Is this some more of that "wait 'till the rebellion at the convention" drizzle we heard before?

Remains to be seen since no convention held yet. Someone sure is scared of our convention participation though.

Idealogues are always talking about "the greater cause we serve that the masses never understand"

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.” - Mark Twain

Yup sounding more like liberal fanatics every day.

Whatever helps you sleep at night for supporting a pro-choice, anti-gun liberal from Massachusetts. I think the experts call that "projection".

Oho

So, there is no "principle" behind your belefs. censorship is right if it serves you and it is wrong when that serves you.

Of course, how much more "Obama-like" you sound when you are off the paulbot teleprompter.

Respecting private property rights is a core principle, actually. Not sure what you're getting at.

ChuteTheMall
08-12-2012, 21:20
That's why this is a movement to us not just a single election.

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out.
And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

:music:

greatwun
08-12-2012, 21:22
let me pretend i'm a paulbot

link please.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/soldiers-choice/

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/287960/ron-pauls-appeal-among-military-david-french

Your welcome

countrygun
08-12-2012, 21:27
Im getting pretty tired of trying to explain it to you in thread after thread. This election is the short term goal. Taking over the party is the long term goal.

Oh you sneaky guy you, how clever and you are part of the elite team that is going to take the Party over? Oh you must be so proud

Remains to be seen since no convention held yet. Someone sure is scared of our convention participation though.

Uhm no, not that I've heard. Maybe it's those "special" voices telling you

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. - Mark Twain

You guys are relly into "let's pretend, aren't you? Do you have your uniforms picked out yet?

Whatever helps you sleep at night for supporting a pro-choice, anti-gun liberal from Massachusetts. I think the experts call that "projection".

You are planning on throwing away your votes and having absolutely no effect on the election or the future of the Country, as part of a "Secret Plan", and you want to accuse someone else of "projection?

Have you had a CAT scan lately?

G19G20
08-12-2012, 21:30
You are planning on throwing away your votes and having absolutely no effect on the election or the future of the Country, as part of a "Secret Plan", and you want to accuse someone else of "projection?

Wait, which is it? Are we going to elect Obama or are we irrelevant? Your talking point changes from thread to thread. And yes, I am proud. Thank you for asking.

Have you had a CAT scan lately?

Unfortunately, Romneycare has already dictated that I have to wait 6 months before I can see any doctors.

JBnTX
08-12-2012, 21:30
well, knock yourself out. if you have young children, explain the yoke of slavery you just threw over their shoulders with the new debt obozo adds. pat yourself on the back for being so true to your cause.

and obozo still wont legalize weed for you...too bad.

My post was making fun of Ron Paul supporters.
That list I posted has been their mantra for the last six months.

You really should read my posts before you start slamming me for things I post. This makes three times now.

Learn to read, please.

G19G20
08-12-2012, 21:35

You really should read my posts before you start slamming me for things I post. This makes three times now.

Learn to read, please.

Pardon him. He hasn't been brainwashed into following the neocon mantras of GTPI yet.

Repeat after me jakebrake:
- War is peace, death is life, bombing brown children is a good cause
- Debt is prosperity, TARP is bad, unless a Republican voted for it
-Health care reform by a D is bad, even if it's the same plan written by an R
-Your vote is counted and your opinion matters
-Ron Paul is crazy
-All hail Israel

That should get your started for fitting in around here.

countrygun
08-12-2012, 21:46
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTXhttp://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19299255#post19299255)

QUOTE=G19G20;19301004]Thank you for posting that so I didn't have to.[/QUOTE]

He was making fun of you folks.

smooth move there, Ex-lax.

Cheezits Crisp:faint:

hogfish
08-13-2012, 05:12
i'm beginning to think both. remember just how horrifying it was, seeing ole' slick willy win with less than 50 percent of the vote...twice?

after that, how fast did the rumors surface that it was all a plant to give the win to clinton?

perot vanished, what... a day later?( not that kind of vanished....) just disappeared. all but destroying the liberterian movemnet. what did it bring us? 8 years of clinton, and 8 years of bush. and now look what we get stuck with.

16 years (+3.5 with Obama) that you "get stuck with", and you're still willing to stay stuck.

:wow:

Cavalry Doc
08-13-2012, 07:07

Here we have another example of the lack of integrity from the Paul camp. Yes he got more donations, from a very small number of donors. But he is basing this on a voluntary claim of employer, that cannot be verified. There is no way to tell whether the donor was active duty, civilian or reserve.

Check out the primary results for bell county Texas, home of Fort Hood, largest military base in the free world, and no large metropolitan city to dilute their numbers, in pauls own home state, he got less than 10% of the vote.

The troops rejected Ron Paul, he never was their choice as a CINC.

This is just another paulbot fantasy, and an often repeated lie from the Paul campaign.

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 08:40

I got it, but I can easily see how someone else might have misunderstood.

:cool:

Why do you hate the constitution?:okie:

Cavalry Doc
08-13-2012, 08:40

Ron Paul voted against Ronald Reagan in 1984

greatwun
08-13-2012, 21:00
The troops rejected Ron Paul, he never was their choice as a CINC.

Could you please show evidence to support this statement? Not calling you a liar but there are many articles that say otherwise including one from the New York Times. But remember that if you find that these aren't credible sources you must show evidence of why.

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 22:11
http://i47.tinypic.com/kcfaro.jpg

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 22:14
http://i48.tinypic.com/41c78.png

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 22:16
http://i50.tinypic.com/2dawokh.png

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 22:19
http://i46.tinypic.com/sbq1xd.jpg

ChuteTheMall
08-13-2012, 22:38
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6593/382ys.gif

domin8ss
08-13-2012, 23:14
Lol. This thread is full of fail. I think some truth needs to be injected.

What has Romney EVER done to even think he'll slow anything down? He left huge deficits in Massachusetts. Bain huge corporate debts and then ran most of them into bankruptcy. Only difference is that Romney will act like running up more debt is a conservative thing to do to save 'Murrica. If by some miracle he wins, I can't wait to hear his speeches about "Investing in America" by spending more money borrowed from the Fed and the Chinese.

1) The 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City is the only Winter Olympics in the history of the world that has ever made a profit. All the twisting of truth and lies the Obama admin has injected about this has pissed off a lot of Dems and Reps in Utah, including former Democrat Mayor Rocky Anderson.

2) Massachusetts is, and was, a Democrat state, even while Romney was Governor. They were spending tons of money they didn't have before and after Romney. So, how did Romney being governor change anything? Just something to think about.

3) I can't comment on Bain because I don't know the facts. All I've seen is what the Obama camp advertises on TV.

RP has more support from military personnel that any other candidate. Are these the Paulites you speak so highly of.

If Ron Paul knew squat about the military personnel he claims that support him than he needs to think hard and long. In his concession speech after losing the Iowa caucus he gave some time to an Army soldier to speak. A few minutes prior RP allowed CNN to interview this same soldier. I learned A few things that made me concerned.

1) He had been in the Army for 10 years and only made E-4. That's an unusually long time to be that low in rank. That's also the highest rank an enlisted person can make before becoming an NCO in the Army. NCOs are the start of leadership positions in the Army.

2) The man was wearing a uniform at RPs party quarters in Iowa. All military personnel have been under orders since before voting started to not wear uniforms to campaign events. I know this because my wife is active duty.

My opinion of the guy in the Army is that he had obvious disciplinary problems. That doesn't bode well for RP.

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.” - Mark Twain

Wow! A Mark Twain quote that doesn't mention cats. I suspect its authenticity.

As for Romney being anti-gun, I very seriously doubt that. He's Mormon. Mormons are so pro gun that the state of Utah has even declared an official state gun, just like most states declare trees and flowers. Btw, that gun of choice is Browning.

Also, Romney isn't from Massachusettes. He's from Michigan.

I cannot speak about Romney's stance on abortion since I haven't heard from him what it is. However, I'm pro choice, so if what you say is true than that's more reason for me to support him.

Unfortunately, Romneycare has already dictated that I have to wait 6 months before I can see any doctors.

Lol. How short your memory is. It wasn't Romneycare until Romney said he was running for office of president. When Obamacare was being shoved down our throats it was called Kennedycare by Democrats and touted as a model of healthcare that everybody should have. It was named after the late senator from Massachusettes, Ted Kennedy. And, look at how the voting went when the state government voted for it. Romney didn't stand a chance if he vetoed it. There was enough support to vote it into law after a veto, so Romney signed it into law and said it was because that's what the people wanted. Btw, when Clinton was in office it was called Hillarycare.

Now, it may seem like I'm a Romney supporter, but the truth is I'm more of an anti-Obama voter. If that means voting for Romney, then fine. I think he's the lesser of 2 evils, and that'll allow my vote to be counted for something. I voted for McCain in the last election for the same reason. The thing that excites me the most about Romney is his religion. They preach fiscal responsibility. Just look at Utah's current unemployment rate. I was told last month it was about 4%. Sure beats 9.4% in Illinois and a national average of 8.something%. I fear under RP it would have only gone higher. He wanted to bring troops home, which would have shrunk the military, thus increasing unemployment. How's that for economic growth?

Or, did I make too much sense and some heads just exploded?

countrygun
08-13-2012, 23:41

1) The 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City is the only Winter Olympics in the history of the world that has ever made a profit. All the twisting of truth and lies the Obama admin has injected about this has pissed off a lot of Dems and Reps in Utah, including former Democrat Mayor Rocky Anderson.

2) Massachusetts is, and was, a Democrat state, even while Romney was Governor. They were spending tons of money they didn't have before and after Romney. So, how did Romney being governor change anything? Just something to think about.

3) I can't comment on Bain because I don't know the facts. All I've seen is what the Obama camp advertisers on TV.

If Ron Paul knew squat about the military personnel he claims to supports him than he needs to think hard and long. In his concession speech after losing the Iowa caucus he gave some time to an Army soldier to speak. A few minutes prior RP allowed CNN to interview this same soldier. I learned A few things that made me concerned.

1) He had been in the Army for 10 years and only made E-4. That's the highest rank an enlisted person can make before becoming an NCO in the Army.

2) The man was wearing a uniform at RPs party quarters in Iowa. All military personnel have been under orders since before voting started to not wear uniforms to campaign events. I know this because my wife is active duty.

My opinion of the guy in the Army is obvious disciplinary problems. That doesn't bode well for RP.

As for Romney being anti-gun, I very seriously doubt that. He's Mormon. Mormons are so pro gun that the state of Utah had even declared an official state gun, just like most states declare trees and flowers. Btw, that gun of choice is Browning.

I cannot speak about Romney's stance on abortion since I haven't heard from him what it is. However, I'm pro choice, so of what you say is true than that's more reason for me to support him.

Lol. How short your memory is. It wasn't Romneycare until Romney said he was running for office. When Obamacare was being shoved down our throats it was called Kennedycare by Democrats. It was named after the late senator from Massachusettes, Ted Kennedy. And, look at how the voting went when the state government voted for it. Romney didn't stand a chance if he vetoed it. There was enough support to vote it into law after a veto, so Romney signed it into law and said it was because that's what the people wanted. Btw, when Clinton was in office it was called Hillarycare.

Now, it may seem like I'm a Romney supporter, but the truth is I'm more of an anti-Obama voter. If that means voting for Romney, then fine. I think he's the lesser of 2 evils, and that'll allow my vote to be counted for something. I voted for McCain in the last election for the same reason. The thing that excites me the most about Romney is his religion. They preach fiscal responsibility. Just look at Utah's current unemployment rate. I was told last month it was about 4%. Sure beats 9.4% in Illinois and a national average of 8.something%. I fear under RP it would have only gone higher. He wanted to bring troops home, which would have shrunk the military, thus increasing unemployment. How's that for economic growth?

Well done!:wavey:

domin8ss
08-14-2012, 00:03
Thank you. I made a few edits after your quote, but no meaning was changed. It was to fix some minor grammatical errors and improve clarity.

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 06:19
Could you please show evidence to support this statement? Not calling you a liar but there are many articles that say otherwise including one from the New York Times. But remember that if you find that these aren't credible sources you must show evidence of why.

He did. Look at voting results from districts with high military populations. Doc mentioned Fort Hood, located in Paul's home state of Texas.

More to the point, the articles you reference all hinge on one faulty point (which, as far as I can tell, came from a press release out of the Paul campaign...and the talking point actually originated around 2007...), that is the self-reported employment data given by donors to campaigns which is not verified by anyone. There is simply no way to determine if the data is true or not. Given that General Order #1 of the Ronulan seems to be "game anything that is gameable to inflate perceived support" (see "Delegate Strategy, Stealth," "Poll, Internet," and "Spam, Forum, Internet"), it's really not hard to wonder if a bunch of those donors aren't fudging a little bit when they put "US Army" in the "employer" field.

However, even if you want to believe it's all 100% correct, there are donations received by other candidates where no employer is given (it's not a requirement to give it, it's only a requirement that the committee ask for it...), and typically those dollar amounts are higher than the total of so-called troop donations on Paul's side.

In short, however you want to slice it, Paul is using a very shaky claim on the US Armed Forces in an attempt to give him credibility and thereby assert absolute moral authority, and in my opinion that's a pretty reprehensible thing to do.

greatwun
08-14-2012, 06:51
He did. Look at voting results from districts with high military populations. Doc mentioned Fort Hood, located in Paul's home state of Texas.

More to the point, the articles you reference all hinge on one faulty point (which, as far as I can tell, came from a press release out of the Paul campaign...and the talking point actually originated around 2007...), that is the self-reported employment data given by donors to campaigns which is not verified by anyone. There is simply no way to determine if the data is true or not. Given that General Order #1 of the Ronulan seems to be "game anything that is gameable to inflate perceived support" (see "Delegate Strategy, Stealth," "Poll, Internet," and "Spam, Forum, Internet"), it's really not hard to wonder if a bunch of those donors aren't fudging a little bit when they put "US Army" in the "employer" field.

However, even if you want to believe it's all 100% correct, there are donations received by other candidates where no employer is given (it's not a requirement to give it, it's only a requirement that the committee ask for it...), and typically those dollar amounts are higher than the total of so-called troop donations on Paul's side.

In short, however you want to slice it, Paul is using a very shaky claim on the US Armed Forces in an attempt to give him credibility and thereby assert absolute moral authority, and in my opinion that's a pretty reprehensible thing to do.

It seems that you just don't know for sure, which can be said for everyone else. I'm even willing to say that it MAY or MAY NOT be true. However there is no direct evidence to prove the statement is false about military personnel DONATIONS to RP's campaign. Who has come forward publicly with proof that it is not true? Surely someone must so that RP can refrain from using that statement in the future, right?

The reason I belived it is because most of my active military friends who follow the presidential campaign stand behind RP than any other candidate. I know their views may not represent the entire military personnel population but it is a strong trend that I noticed.

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 07:05
It seems that you just don't know for sure, which can be said for everyone else. I'm even willing to say that it MAY or MAY NOT be true. However there is no direct evidence to prove the statement is false about military personnel DONATIONS to RP's campaign. Who has come forward publicly with proof that it is not true? Surely someone must so that RP can refrain from using that statement in the future, right?

The reason I belived it is because most of my active military friends who follow the presidential campaign stand behind RP than any other candidate. I know their views may not represent the entire military personnel population but it is a strong trend that I noticed.

Your burden is backward. That there is no evidence something is false doesn't mean it is evidence making something true. Citing the rationale that the evidence is unknown/unknowable does not make a claim based on that evidence true. So, it seems that you allow that at best the claim isn't quite as definitive as it seemed earlier.

Besides, I think you misread...the rebuttal isn't that it's untrue (and, indeed, to rebut I don't *have* to prove it's untrue...), but that it's unproven and not able to be proven. My opinion based on the unknown nature of the data is that the claim is false, because of past behavior of Ronulan supporters.

Inre your second paragraph, the plural of anecdote is not "data." Doc has significant military experience and he reports something quite different than what you do.

greatwun
08-14-2012, 07:18
Your burden is backward. That there is no evidence something is false doesn't mean it is evidence making something true. Citing the rationale that the evidence is unknown/unknowable does not make a claim based on that evidence true. So, it seems that you allow that at best the claim isn't quite as definitive as it seemed earlier.

Besides, I think you misread...the rebuttal isn't that it's untrue (and, indeed, to rebut I don't *have* to prove it's untrue...), but that it's unproven and not able to be proven. My opinion based on the unknown nature of the data is that the claim is false, because of past behavior of Ronulan supporters.

Inre your second paragraph, the plural of anecdote is not "data." Doc has significant military experience and he reports something quite different than what you do.

If the RP campaign holds evidence to support this statement through their donation records, how did you find their evidence to be invalid? Did 10% of the donors lie? 20%? 50%? 100%? Did the actual campaign workers fix the numbers? Where is the direct evidence that says their donation records have been falsified?

Btw, I'm not doubting Doc's Fort Hood facts but I'm asking about the campaign donations.

Goaltender66
08-14-2012, 08:17
If the RP campaign holds evidence to support this statement through their donation records, how did you find their evidence to be invalid? Did 10% of the donors lie? 20%? 50%? 100%? Did the actual campaign workers fix the numbers? Where is the direct evidence that says their donation records have been falsified?

Btw, I'm not doubting Doc's Fort Hood facts but I'm asking about the campaign donations.

Because what they (and you) call "evidence" isn't. It's unsupported, unverified, and unverifiable. Basic FEC regulations and enabling law makes this clear. Simply put, there is no mechanism to verify self-supplied employment information on a donation form. Nothing. None. Nada. That is all one needs to show the data to be anything but. It's a claim, not fact.

That's all that needs to be shown to rebut this meme. Your demand for percentages and evidence of "falsification" is irrelevant to the nature of the data itself, namely that it's not able to support the claim.

inre Doc, the voting of military districts is a useful check. If we are to believe that Paul has such overwhelming support in the military, it does stand to reason he'd attract overwhelming support in vote totals in those districts. That he hasn't tends to support the argument that the military donations meme is inaccurate at best (and, again IMO, manufactured at worst).

jakebrake
08-14-2012, 15:20

in that case, i wholeheartedly apologize.

understand, when i said i was thrown overboard by rabid paul supporters, i wasn't kidding. it's becoming a cult, and the ones that are left are either not smart enough to know they are being used, or, well....not smart enough to figure out that they are being used.

PawDog
08-14-2012, 17:38
in that case, i wholeheartedly apologize.

understand, when i said i was thrown overboard by rabid paul supporters, i wasn't kidding. it's becoming a cult, and the ones that are left are either not smart enough to know they are being used, or, well....not smart enough to figure out that they are being used.

.....and ol' Ronnie laughs all the way to the bank with "money bomb" proceeds as he marches toward retirement.

I wonder if he'll be doing those Goldline stock or AARP commercials after retiring? :rofl:

ChuteTheMall
08-14-2012, 18:34
.....and ol' Ronnie laughs all the way to the bank with "money bomb" proceeds as he marches toward retirement.

I wonder if he'll be doing those Goldline stock or AARP commercials after retiring? :rofl:

No doubt he'll continue peddling shiny trinkets:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2jeus9f.jpghttp://i49.tinypic.com/30xda9y.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/5agmyc.jpg
copper, silver, gold....the stuff that dreams are made of.

domin8ss
08-14-2012, 18:49
I'll add that my wife is active duty military. We know of only 1 person that'll admit to being a RP supporter. Imo, he's a whiny complainer that has a problem with everything. We currently live in military housing in Illinois and I haven't noticed a single sticker showing support for RP. We also just moved from the Norfolk, VA area. I didn't see very many RP stickers, especially on cars that have base clearance stickers on them.

Also, based on how this thread is going, I'm starting wonder if the people on here that can't get over the fact that Ron Paul lost the primaries have some sort of mental illness, thus making their ownership of firearms something we all should be concerned about for reasons of our own safety.

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 19:14

http://www.redstate.com/kudzu630/2012/01/21/ron-pauls-lack-of-military-support/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2829075/posts

Paul got only about $65,000 from donors that claim to be emotes by the DoD and subordinate agencies. The claims are voluntary, unverifiable, and are completely unable to determine if the donations are from active duty, reserve, or civilian employees.

The Paul campaign intentionally distorted this data to make wild claims.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Ron Paul TV Ad Troops Support Ron Paul - YouTube

That's a flat out lie. Paul approved the message. So either he cannot evaluate data, or he is a liar.

Now, the results. Look at Fort Hood. Largest military post in the free world. Bell county is the home of Fort Hood. There are no large cities to dilute their numbers. This is a large per capita active duty Soldier population.

He got 9.29% in a two way race. It's his home state. Ouch.

http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/results/may29_160_county13.htm

I'd be willing to look at anything that you have to show that Paul enjoyed any significant support by the troops, except the flimsy donor data, that's statistically insignificant.

:popcorn:

countrygun
08-14-2012, 19:26
I'll add that my wife is active duty military. We know of only 1 person that'll admit to being a RP supporter. Imo, he's a whiny complainer that has a problem with everything. We currently live in military housing in Illinois and I haven't noticed a single sticker showing support for RP. We also just moved from the Norfolk, VA area. I didn't see very many RP stickers, especially on cars that have base clearance stickers on them.

Also, based on how this thread is going, I'm starting wonder if the people on here that can't get over the fact that Ron Paul lost the primaries have some sort of mental illness, thus making their ownership of firearms something we all should be concerned about for reasons of our own safety.

I have a hunch not all of them are the gun owners the would have us think. But they are acting a lot like children who got some bad news about Santa Claus, aren't they?

Like others have said, either they are trying to pull votes away from romney for Obama's benefit or they are a few fries short of a "Happy Meal"

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 19:28

The reason that I know it is false is from every primary result from every county that has a military base in it. Most of the active duty and veterans I've talked to, and I talk to them, including new ones that I previously have not met, showed that most didn't even know who Paul was, in his home state.

You've fallen for an intentional deception.

Yessir How High
08-14-2012, 20:02
You authoritarian neocon warmongering republican fools.

It just struck me.

I was here back in 2008 listening to all of you telling me how

McCain was going to save us from them dastardly democrats and how we must vote for the lesser of two evils in order to keep the state.

The maniacal McCain.

Yes, I gave up trying to communicate with you........It's like casting pearls before swine.

I will once again give up........it's hopeless.

You will go on slavishly voting the republican line, and I, expectedly, will probably

go down with the ship.

I feel so sorry for you fools.

Yessir How High

countrygun
08-14-2012, 20:33
You authoritarian neocon warmongering republican fools.

It just struck me.

I was here back in 2008 listening to all of you telling me how

McCain was going to save us from them dastardly democrats and how we must vote for the lesser of two evils in order to keep the state.

The maniacal McCain.

Yes, I gave up trying to communicate with you........It's like casting pearls before swine.

I will once again give up........it's hopeless.

You will go on slavishly voting the republican line, and I, expectedly, will probably

go down with the ship.

I feel so sorry for you fools.

Yessir How High

This, folks, represents the Rongoloid in full bloom.

Is it any wonder people don't want to be one of them?

Yessir How High
08-14-2012, 20:48
Pooh, Punch your magazine release all you want, but you will be firing at a Vietnam veteran who swore to protect and defend our constitution.

Ouch!, Ouch!

Them moribund republicans.

When Obamer takes the thrown in 2013 it will be too late and you all and we all will be responsible.

Enjoy.

countrygun
08-14-2012, 20:53
Pooh, Punch your magazine release all you want, but you will be firing at a Vietnam veteran who swore to protect and defend our constitution.

Ouch!, Ouch!

Them moribund republicans.

When Obamer takes the thrown in 2013 it will be too late and you all and we all will be responsible.

Enjoy.

wasn't John Kerry "a combat hardened veteran"?

whee

Yup we got us a live one here.

ChuteTheMall
08-14-2012, 21:30

Enjoy.

Thrown.:rofl::animlol:

hogfish
08-15-2012, 05:02
Thrown.:rofl::animlol:

"Thrown" off the cliff by those racing towards it. :wow:

Snowman92D
08-15-2012, 05:07
Stoners...you gotta love them. :smoking:

PawDog
08-15-2012, 18:58
Stoners...you gotta love them. :smoking:

http://dudespaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ronpaulstoned.jpg

Snowman92D
08-15-2012, 19:23

http://dudespaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ronpaulstoned.jpg

I haven't seen one of those since the last narco warrant service I was on. :rofl:

domin8ss
08-15-2012, 21:06
I have a hunch not all of them are the gun owners the would have us think. But they are acting a lot like children who got some bad news about Santa Claus, aren't they?

Like others have said, either they are trying to pull votes away from romney for Obama's benefit or they are a few fries short of a "Happy Meal"

I sure hope you are right.

I'm really starting to enjoy the episode of Comedy Central this thread is. If you ask me, the Obama and Ron Paul nutswingers don't know a thing concerning American History. The 1920s are a prime example in history of why Romney is better than Obama to be president.

The 1920s began in the middle of a recession that also had a Progressive in the White House. The next election a conservative was elected president. Just like Romney wants to do, that president reduced taxes on the upper class. This freed up money for the upper class to create jobs, which ended the recession. So many jobs were created, in fact, that the unemployment rate went down to around 3.0%. Money was so good that that era became known as The Booming 20s. Something to think about liberals.

It should also be noted that while this conservative president was in office, the illiteracy rate was around 2% in this country. Yes, people were being educated. This country, even to this day, has never been able to achieve such a low rate of illiteracy.

The next president to follow this conservative president was FDR. FDR was so bad that unemployment skyrocketed, and remained around, 20% until after his death. Additionally, after FDRs death a Constitutional Amendment was passed limiting presidential terms to 2. A Constitutional Amendment requires a 67% majority approval. This means it was a bipartisan agreement. Even liberals hated FDR.

Give Obama enough time and he'll hang himself.

And, just like FDR, Obama has made people more dependent upon the government.

It should also be noted that this country was created so that people wouldn't be dependent upon the government. What do you think the American Revolution was about? The British represented to much government, and didn't represent the American Colonies. Progressives want more government and for the government to provide. A large portion of Americans don't want that.

Imo, if liberals and progressives want a government that provides everything for them, I encourage them to move to a country that does that, such as England. Conservatives founded this country, and conservatives don't want that here.

Ruble Noon
08-15-2012, 21:16
I'm starting wonder if the people on here that can't get over the fact that Ron Paul lost the primaries

You do know that Paul has enough delegates to be on the Tampa ballot?

domin8ss
08-15-2012, 21:31

Does it matter? Somebody always has to be the first loser, aka second place. Without losers there would never be winners.

Sounds like Ron Paul is just volunteering to be the biggest loser.

Ruble Noon
08-15-2012, 21:45
Does it matter? Somebody always has to be the first loser, aka second place. Without losers there would never be winners.

Sounds like Ron Paul is just volunteering to be the biggest loser.

If I remember correctly, Perry was the first loser, however, Paul will still be on the Tampa ballot. Does it matter? Not really, I was just correcting your incorrect assertions.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 22:53

But not in his home district where he has been representing them, hmmmm.

domin8ss,

"Imo, if liberals and progressives want a government that provides everything for them, I encourage them to move to a country that does that, such as England. Conservatives founded this country, and conservatives don't want that here."

of course you are right but be careful. as a result of the education deficiencies that began when the left started controlling education, the are trying to introduce a new definition of "conservative" that moves it farther to the left.

you will notice how the manipulators throw the phrase "Neo-con" around when they refer to traditional conservatives. They are trying to replace conservative values with they "whatever dude, it's cool" ethic. To that end they are trying to label traditionalists as "neos" to confuse those left ignorant by the education system.

chickenwing
08-16-2012, 01:07
But not in his home district where he has been representing them, hmmmm.

domin8ss,

"Imo, if liberals and progressives want a government that provides everything for them, I encourage them to move to a country that does that, such as England. Conservatives founded this country, and conservatives don't want that here."

of course you are right but be careful. as a result of the education deficiencies that began when the left started controlling education, the are trying to introduce a new definition of "conservative" that moves it farther to the left.

you will notice how the manipulators throw the phrase "Neo-con" around when they refer to traditional conservatives. They are trying to replace conservative values with they "whatever dude, it's cool" ethic. To that end they are trying to label traditionalists as "neos" to confuse those left ignorant by the education system.

You can't be cereal :rofl:

You throw DU troll, Obama supporter, and liberal at anyone who dares disagrees with you, or has something they don't like about Mitt/Ryan. Yet have the nerve to whine about being labeled a neo-con, get real.

And please, tell me what a traditional conservative is. I'm all eyes. I'm seriously curious.

kirgi08
08-16-2012, 01:40
I have plenty I don't like about Romney,however,the list I have on obama is a 100mi longer.'08.

chickenwing
08-16-2012, 02:00

kirgi08
08-16-2012, 03:40
Depends on whether or not Romney will be a warder and step aside after 4yrs.I don't know if his ego or "peer" pressure will allow it.

We need the likes of Jindal/Rubio/West in the mix.Ryan is a great start,how the dust settles will depend on a love of country.Remember a pres can suggest,congress must agree.'08.

Goaltender66
08-16-2012, 06:25

How do you figure?

Latest count I have has Paul with 157 delegates, of which 100 are formally pledged or otherwise bound, and 57 are unbound/unpledged. To get on the ballot the candidate must show a plurality of support in five states. He has a plurality in one state in bound or otherwise pledged delegates:

State, formally pledged/bound to Paul, total state delegation (inc at large)

Minnesota, 32, 40
Texas, 18, 155
Alaska, 6 ,27
North Carolina, 6, 55
Nevada, 5, 28
Washington, 5, 43
Missouri, 4, 52
Rhode Island, 4, 19
Vermont, 4, 19
Hawaii, 3, 20
New Hampshire, 3, 12
Oregon, 3, 28
Virginia, 3, 49
Nebraska, 2, 35
Virgin Islands, 1, 9
Wyoming, 1, 29

If we are kind and count unpledged/unbound (assuming those break toward Paul), the picture looks like this:

State, Paul delegates(pledged/bound/unpledged/unbound), total delegation (inc at large)

Minnesota, 32, 40
Iowa, 23, 28
Maine, 21, 24
Texas, 18, 155
Nevada, 8, 28
Alaska, 6, 27
North Carolina, 6, 55
Pennsylvania, 5, 72
Washington, 5, 43
Missouri, 4, 19
Rhode Island, 4, 19
Vermont, 4, 17
Hawaii, 3, 20
New Hampshire, 3, 20
Oregon, 3, 28
Virginia, 3, 49
Colorado, 2, 36
Nebraska, 3, 35
North Dakota, 2, 28
Louisiana, 1, 46
Virgin Islands, 1, 9
Wyoming, 1, 29

It's not a function of "enough delegates," but enough delegates to have a plurality of the delegation in at least five states.

Cavalry Doc
08-16-2012, 06:35

And almost all of them are bound to vote for Romney between one to three times after he is nominated. If they do violate their pledges to vote according to the will of their neighbors, they should be identified to their neighbors.

It will be very entertaining to watch how much ruckus the Paul leg of the party causes. I'm likely to be disappointed. You have to admit the Paul camp has vastly overestimated their influence frequently.

series1811
08-16-2012, 07:21
Remember the terms of President Wallace, President Nader, and President Perot?

Yeah, me neither.

Snowman92D
08-16-2012, 07:27
RP is the last, shining hope of anarchy for this country. (At least until he starts begging for money bombs and promising drug legalization again in four years.) The sadness and sense of being disenfranchised by his myrmidons in this thread is touching. :crying:

greatwun
08-16-2012, 07:58
RP is the last, shining hope of anarchy for this country. (At least until he starts begging for money bombs and promising drug legalization again in four years.) The sadness and sense of being disenfranchised by his myrmidons in this thread is touching. :crying:

Getting rid of the Federal Reserve actually seems like a good idea.

countrygun
08-16-2012, 11:15
Remember the terms of President Wallace, President Nader, and President Perot?

Yeah, me neither.

If some of the folks, that think they are so "bright" would flex their minds a bit and if they had a decent historical education in politics, they could take today's situation, reverse the "D" and the "R" and look at Wallace and what happened in that election. The similarities are almost eerie.

But history and critical thinking aren't stressed these days and the first thing you would hear from the idiocracy generation is "But Wallace was a Democrat, totally different thing":upeyes:

Funny thing about that too. The conspiracy theorists should/could have a field day with the shooting of Gov Wallace and the changes in the Democratic party that it potentially prevented vis-a-vis the Southern conservative movement.

G19G20
08-16-2012, 16:47

Who cares about the Olympics in 2002? Maybe you're forgetting that Romney collected a bunch of earmarked federal money for the show. How conservative of him. (That's particularly aimed at those that bash Paul on earmarks....or are you all just hypocrites?)

But how is he going to change anything at the federal level when he couldn't even accomplish it at the state level? All the while carrying a history of acting like a Democrat? You're twisting yourself into knots trying to defend the guy. I ask again, how does he slow anything down??? Your excuse is that he couldn't do it in his state so I don't see your logic.

3) I can't comment on Bain because I don't know the facts. All I've seen is what the Obama camp advertises on TV.

Shocker. Do some research then open your mouth. At least you admitted you don't do anything but watch tv for your information.

If Ron Paul knew squat about the military personnel he claims that support him than he needs to think hard and long. In his concession speech after losing the Iowa caucus he gave some time to an Army soldier to speak. A few minutes prior RP allowed CNN to interview this same soldier. I learned A few things that made me concerned.

1) He had been in the Army for 10 years and only made E-4. That's an unusually long time to be that low in rank. That's also the highest rank an enlisted person can make before becoming an NCO in the Army. NCOs are the start of leadership positions in the Army.

My opinion of the guy in the Army is that he had obvious disciplinary problems. That doesn't bode well for RP.

You forgot the part where CNN cut the soldier's mic when he brought up how these wars are being fought for Israel and how Israel can defend itself. That's when CNN had "technical difficulties" and when that interview ended. Not following your point though. Why attack a single soldier? Are you a collectivist that labels everyone based on the actions of a few? Sounds like it. The fact is, Paul got the most cash donations from persons identifying themselves as being with the 4 branches of military. More than the rest of the GOP candidates COMBINED. It's politics so it will be spun this way or that way but that's the basis of the statement that Paul gets the most support from the military.

Whatever. You suspect what? You can't "suspect authenticity". That makes no sense. You can be suspect of the authenticity or you can suspect it is not authentic. You can't suspect authenticity unless you mean you believe the quote to be true. I don't usually bash people on grammar but after the "thrown" posts above, it's only fair.

As for Romney being anti-gun, I very seriously doubt that. He's Mormon. Mormons are so pro gun that the state of Utah has even declared an official state gun, just like most states declare trees and flowers. Btw, that gun of choice is Browning.

He only signed an AWB in Massachusetts and went on record that no one needs "assault weapons". Remember in 2008 when he was asked in a debate if he owned a gun? He said NO.

There's that pesky spelling again. He lives in Massachusetts and his campaign is HQed there.

I cannot speak about Romney's stance on abortion since I haven't heard from him what it is. However, I'm pro choice, so if what you say is true than that's more reason for me to support him.

Honest question. What the hell do you actually KNOW about Romney? Your entire post is a lot of "I don't knows" regarding his stances and record, yet you're advocating others to vote for him and calling Paul supporters names? You started your post with "injecting some truth" then quickly proved to everyone that you don't know a damn thing about Romney or the truth. Nice work. I guess you didn't say who would be injecting the truth....

Lol. How short your memory is. It wasn't Romneycare until Romney said he was running for office of president. When Obamacare was being shoved down our throats it was called Kennedycare by Democrats and touted as a model of healthcare that everybody should have. It was named after the late senator from Massachusettes, Ted Kennedy. And, look at how the voting went when the state government voted for it. Romney didn't stand a chance if he vetoed it. There was enough support to vote it into law after a veto, so Romney signed it into law and said it was because that's what the people wanted. Btw, when Clinton was in office it was called Hillarycare.

Romney's administration wrote the exact blueprint that Obamacare is based on. Romneycare was NOT a creation of the Mass legislature, nor a creation of Hillary or Kennedy. The idea of socialized medicine has been around a long time and in many countries. It was Romney that put it onto paper for THIS country.

Now, it may seem like I'm a Romney supporter, but the truth is I'm more of an anti-Obama voter. If that means voting for Romney, then fine. I think he's the lesser of 2 evils, and that'll allow my vote to be counted for something. I voted for McCain in the last election for the same reason.

Here's another quote you should look into. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Liberal Republicans can't beat liberal Democrats. It's a political fact. Time to wake up and realize this, lest you do the same thing and get the same result as when you voted for McCain.

The thing that excites me the most about Romney is his religion. They preach fiscal responsibility.

They also preach that Jesus lived in Missouri and there's gods living on other planets that rule over the Earth. You're also one of the few excited about anything Mormon, since polling indicates that a full 25% of Republicans won't vote for a Mormon. I don't have anything in particular against Mormons since Im 100% non-religious but if that's the best you can come up with then we're in trouble.

Just look at Utah's current unemployment rate. I was told last month it was about 4%. Sure beats 9.4% in Illinois and a national average of 8.something%.

The Mormon church itself has a lot to do with that figure since it employs so many people. When one of the largest corporations in the state is also tax exempt, that's a bad measure of employment in a sparsely populated state.

I fear under RP it would have only gone higher. He wanted to bring troops home, which would have shrunk the military, thus increasing unemployment. How's that for economic growth?

How does bringing them home shrink the military? Explain. When someone is enlisted, they are a member of the military whether they are home or abroad. I'd rather see them placed along the borders HERE, wouldn't you? Also, the reservists that are overseas now would be home working in the private sector and contributing to growth instead of consuming it overseas.

Sorry but your post doesn't impress me.

countrygun
08-16-2012, 16:53

You did, and g19g20's head exploded.

Goaltender66
08-16-2012, 17:02
If it's a "political fact" that liberal Republicans can't beat liberal Democrats, then George W Bush must not have been all that liberal....?

:)

ChuteTheMall
08-16-2012, 17:10
Who cares about .......

{ yada yada yada snipped}

You did, and g19g20's head exploded.

Unimpressed, yet spewing unrelenting verbosity with an exploded head. Awesome.

:yawn:

Ruble Noon
08-16-2012, 17:20
How do you figure?

No figuring to it.

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/04/ron-paul-will-be-on-the-ballot-in-tampa-2/

G19G20
08-16-2012, 17:23
If it's a "political fact" that liberal Republicans can't beat liberal Democrats, then George W Bush must not have been all that liberal....?

He didn't run as one, just ended up as one. Remember his 2000 foreign policy? Sounded a lot like Ron Paul's.

(That's ignoring the whole election decided by the courts part....)

GlockPistola
08-16-2012, 17:33
At this point in the race, I really don't think it matters so much that Ron Paul lost, but what I think does matter is how this may affect the outcome of the elections. Like it or not, Ron Paul does have many followers and from what I have been hearing from many Ron Paul supporters and reading online, many of them (who happen to identify as Republican) will be staying home on this election, which means that Romney (the Republican candidate) will not be getting those votes. If this election ends up being a close one, not getting those votes from Ron Paul supporters could translate into a victory for King Obama.

G19G20
08-16-2012, 17:43
At this point in the race, I really don't think it matters so much that Ron Paul lost, but what I think does matter is how this may affect the outcome of the elections. Like it or not, Ron Paul does have many followers and from what I have been hearing from many Ron Paul supporters and reading online, many of them (who happen to identify as Republican) will be staying home on this election, which means that Romney (the Republican candidate) will not be getting those votes. If this election ends up being a close one, not getting those votes from Ron Paul supporters could translate into a victory for King Obama.

Romney will get a small percentage, Obama will get a small percentage, Johnson will get a large percentage, and "staying home" will get a large percentage. What I don't get is how establishment GOP voters like those on this forum think they're actually helping Romney by being such pricks to Paul supporters here and elsewhere. If there's one thing that Paulites have proven this election, it's that we won't be ordered to do anything or brow-beaten into conformity. Very much the wrong strategy by the ABO voters if they're trying at all to win votes for Romney.

GlockPistola
08-16-2012, 17:48
Romney will get a small percentage, Obama will get a small percentage, Johnson will get a large percentage, and "staying home" will get a large percentage. What I don't get is how establishment GOP voters like those on this forum think they're actually helping Romney by being such pricks to Paul supporters here and elsewhere. If there's one thing that Paulites have proven this election, it's that we won't be ordered to do anything or brow-beaten into conformity. Very much the wrong strategy by the ABO voters if they're trying at all to win votes for Romney.

I agree! Alienating conservative Republicans does not help in getting Obama out of office.

greatwun
08-16-2012, 18:07

Well said!!

G-19
08-16-2012, 18:53

Go back over the last several months and see how the Paulbots treated others on this forum, then you will see why they are treated the way they are. Even warned by several people on this site that they were destroying their party they just bashed and insulted people even more. Then throw in the attempt of subverting the will of the people by trying to rig the delegate process, all the while saying that they, the few enlightened ones, should be the ones making the decisions for the rest of us. They have repeatedly made comments on how women and non land owners should not be allowed to vote. This type of thinking has ensured their irrelevance.

It is funny to see them cry about how everybody is being mean to them now. Poor babies.

I personally could not care less how they will vote. Everyone has the right to vote how they feel, even women and renters.

Snowman92D
08-16-2012, 18:54
What I don't get is how establishment GOP voters like those on this forum think they're actually helping Romney by being such pricks to Paul supporters here and elsewhere

You get what you give, Skippy.

Cavalry Doc
08-16-2012, 18:56

Don't whine about not being treated so kindly when paulbots have been soewing insults for a year now. Us statist neocon non concervative conservatives are just returning the favor. The Paul numbers were small enough last time to not have made any difference. Time will tell, maybe there will be more this time, maybe not. It's been a longstanding fact that Paul supporters have overestimated their influence in the past.

It will be entertaining to watch whether Paul can bring enough people together to make a numerically significant impact this time.

Goaltender66
08-16-2012, 19:01
He didn't run as one, just ended up as one. Remember his 2000 foreign policy? Sounded a lot like Ron Paul's.

(That's ignoring the whole election decided by the courts part....)
Yes, that whole "compassionate conservatism" thing just came out of nowhere.

Plus, Bush beat Kerry. :supergrin:

And as for the selected not elected jibe...disproven many times, even on this board. SCOTUS didn't decide the election...the voters did.

countrygun
08-16-2012, 19:01
Go back over the last several months and see how the Paulbots treated others on this forum, then you will see why they are treated the way they are. Even warned by several people on this site that they were destroying their party they just bashed and insulted people even more. Then throw in the attempt of subverting the will of the people by trying to rig the delegate process, all the while saying that they, the few enlightened ones, should be the ones making the decisions for the rest of us. They have repeatedly made comments on how women and non land owners should not be allowed to vote. This type of thinking has ensured their irrelevance.

It is funny to see them cry about how everybody is being mean to them now. Poor babies.

I personally could not care less how they will vote. Everyone has the right to vote how they feel, even women and renters.

Exceedingly accurate, but needs an update. Now most of them have SWORN they won't vote for Romney and yet act as though Republicans should still smootch their backsides.

"We won't vote for Romney, but you shouldn't alienate us"

WTF?

alienate this...

G-19
08-16-2012, 19:02

You need to go back and read the posts where some RPers say they will vote for Obama to teach the GOP a lesson for not doing it their way. Kind of like the spoiled kid on the street that don't get his way and takes his ball and goes home crying to mommy.

So not only will they not vote for Romney, they now hope Obama gets re-elected. Which I always felt they aligned more closely with the DNC than the GOP anyway. Fiscal issues are their only conservative aspect, the rest of their beliefs sound more liberal than conservative.

snewsoG22
08-16-2012, 19:03
the ones that are left are either not smart enough to know they are being used, or, well....not smart enough to figure out that they are being used.

Did somebody mention irony?

Goaltender66
08-16-2012, 19:08
No figuring to it.

http://frontporchpolitics.com/2012/04/ron-paul-will-be-on-the-ballot-in-tampa-2/

Hmmm:

From the "article" you post, dated April 2012 ( or four months ago...):

"In addition to that Paul will also win Minnesota. It is also very likely he will will Maine and Nevada and possibly Missouri and Colorado."

The only thing that turned out to be true in that passage is Minnesota and Maine.

In other words, what you posted started out with an assertion and then completely failed to support it.. Even what was offered as support is couched with qualifiers like "very likely" and "possibly."

So once again, Paul has but one state in his column on a formal basis, and three if you make some assumptions. What are your other two states?

ChuteTheMall
08-16-2012, 19:24
There aren't that many Ron Paul supporters, that's why he lost the nomination. It wasn't even close. Let me know if there is going to be a runoff, but the numbers are insufficient to deserve so much attention. Yet, they still whine.:crying:

The few diehards that remain anti-GOP RINOs were never going to support Romney or any other Republican anyway, so there is no need to grant them any courtesy whatsoever. They were always the enemy.

If they want their butts kissed, send them over to Obama for libertarian free dope and libertarian open borders; maybe if they Occupy Wall Street they might get out of Mom's basement long enough to watch somebody get lucky in a Wal-Mart tent, or at a Chick-Fil-A kiss-in. None for them, as usual.

For those who supported Ron Paul in the Republican primaries, but who will now vote for the only man who can defeat Obama, I say welcome to reality. Come on in.:wavey:

Obama and his party must be defeated.

ChuteTheMall
08-16-2012, 19:26
What are your other two states?

Probably fictional, like several of Obama's 57 states.:animlol:

G19G20
08-16-2012, 21:19
You get what you give, Skippy.

Maybe, but it doesn't change the outcome, now does it? No votes for Romney even if the motivation is just spite. Romney loses. If beating Obama is so important then swallowing your pride and smooching ass is exactly what you need to do. The politicians do it. Having said that, my comment was more related to the primary campaign itself. The Paulites have been treated horribly by the party at all levels throughout the primary. It's not like we just suddenly said today "no votes for Romney". It's been a work in progress by the people here and the party to get to this point.

Now, we've got the national GOP changing it's own rules at the last minute to let a couple sour grapes Maine establishment folks that LOST delegate spots to RP supporters, challenge the delegates AGAIN even after they GOP said the challenge was without merit. They're breaking their own rules, changing them on the fly, and just generally doing everything they can to drive us away. This sort of crap has been going on for a long time this primary season.

http://maineforronpaul.org/archives/2024

Portland, Maine August 15, 2012 - The RNC Committee on Contests found no evidence to support the contest against the Maine Delegation on Friday, yet failed to issue a ruling. Instead, they changed their own rules, which previously required a ruling, in order to grant the contestants a second test to retry their challenge.

“The RNC Committee on Contests could not find any evidence of fraud,” said Mark Willis, the incoming National Committeeman for Maine who holds a Doctor of Law Degree from George Mason University.

“According to their own rules, the RNC was obligated to recommend that the Maine delegates be certified,” Wilis added. ”Instead, the Committee on Contests had to create new rules to give the challengers a second chance. Such a decision is unprecedented, violates party rules and violates the due process rights of the duly elected Maine delegation. In a court of law, this challenge would have already been thrown out and dismissed.”

Is it any wonder Paulites are disgusted enough to not vote for Romney? This sort of crap has been going on the entire campaign! At least no one was arrested or injured like in some states....

btw
I've seen a lot more logical posts from the Paul people here than the neocon peanut gallery.

callihan_44
08-17-2012, 06:21
I believe one reason why RP didnt garner enough support is the fact his message sounds different from the norm politician...constitution this constitution that, and stop policing the world.....legal drugs etc. Too many sheep willing to accept the "safe" choice. Im not a bot by any means but I supported 90% of his message

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 06:54
Maybe, but it doesn't change the outcome, now does it? No votes for Romney even if the motivation is just spite. Romney loses. If beating Obama is so important then swallowing your pride and smooching ass is exactly what you need to do. The politicians do it. Having said that, my comment was more related to the primary campaign itself. The Paulites have been treated horribly by the party at all levels throughout the primary. It's not like we just suddenly said today "no votes for Romney". It's been a work in progress by the people here and the party to get to this point.

Now, we've got the national GOP changing it's own rules at the last minute to let a couple sour grapes Maine establishment folks that LOST delegate spots to RP supporters, challenge the delegates AGAIN even after they GOP said the challenge was without merit. They're breaking their own rules, changing them on the fly, and just generally doing everything they can to drive us away. This sort of crap has been going on for a long time this primary season.

http://maineforronpaul.org/archives/2024

Is it any wonder Paulites are disgusted enough to not vote for Romney? This sort of crap has been going on the entire campaign! At least no one was arrested or injured like in some states....

btw
I've seen a lot more logical posts from the Paul people here than the neocon peanut gallery.

So, what you are wanting is the RNC should just let Paulbots pledge to carry the votes of their neighbors to the convention, but then violate that pledge, and for all of us here to be nice to you about it?

Probably not going to happen. Paul diehard supporters are probably less than 1% of the population. You have to consider the majority of people don't vote in the primaries. Paul's guys probably voted near 100%. And then look at what you got. Barely over 2,000,000 votes. So, you figure after the primary, some will split for Johnson, some for Barry, some for mittens, and some for the living room couch. In the general, it will be surprising if there are 1 million voters left in the Paul camp, out of a likely 130 million voters. That is a very small constituency to worry about. When you consider that they aren't concentrated in a swing state, paying attention to them at all is a waste of resources.

The math simply does not support needing to give you any concessions at all.

kirgi08
08-17-2012, 07:27
:goodpost: :agree:

G-19
08-17-2012, 08:44
Good post Doc. I am all for a smaller government, it is their take on social issues that turned me away. When anyone expresses an opposing view they attack and name call, but when they get the same treatment they cry how unfair it is. As you pointed out they really are irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

Snowman92D
08-17-2012, 09:16
They deserve to be irrelevant. We've already got a "blame America first" president in the White House, no need to have another one.

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 09:39
They are a small minority pretending to matter. That sucks a bit, and around here they have chased more away from Paul than they brought to him.

They are a constant source of entertainment though. It will make it fun to watch the convention. They'll put the final nail in the coffin for Paul there.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 10:42
They are a small minority pretending to matter. That sucks a bit, and around here they have chased more away from Paul than they brought to him.

They are a constant source of entertainment though. It will make it fun to watch the convention. They'll put the final nail in the coffin for Paul there.

That is the truth they don't want to see. So far I havent seen one person say "Those Ron Paul people are making so much sense I am going to change my vote from Romney" but we have seen a number of folks say "you know, I used to support Paul but after thinking about it I think I will vote for Romney"

It is logical to think that the same effect takes place in the "audience" of those who read and don't post.

With some "groups" in this world the worst thing you can do for them is give them a place to make their case.

G19G20
08-17-2012, 16:14
So, what you are wanting is the RNC should just let Paulbots pledge to carry the votes of their neighbors to the convention, but then violate that pledge, and for all of us here to be nice to you about it?

Probably not going to happen. Paul diehard supporters are probably less than 1% of the population. You have to consider the majority of people don't vote in the primaries. Paul's guys probably voted near 100%. And then look at what you got. Barely over 2,000,000 votes. So, you figure after the primary, some will split for Johnson, some for Barry, some for mittens, and some for the living room couch. In the general, it will be surprising if there are 1 million voters left in the Paul camp, out of a likely 130 million voters. That is a very small constituency to worry about. When you consider that they aren't concentrated in a swing state, paying attention to them at all is a waste of resources.

The math simply does not support needing to give you any concessions at all.

That's just a civil yet long-winded way of saying "Screw the party's own rules, if we don't like who won the spots fair and square then we'll just keep changing the rules until someone we like does win." Doesn't matter whether Paul supporters are a minority. They turned out to the conventions and won. End of story. Not our fault that most of the Republican party is lazy and uninvolved. Then some wonder why A) Republican party is shrinking B) Country is in such bad shape, with people like this in control. Also consider that Paul may very well have beaten Romney in Maine if the votes were counted on time and by the book.

Since when is winning by the rules a "concession"?

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 17:15
That's just a civil yet long-winded way of saying "Screw the party's own rules, if we don't like who won the spots fair and square then we'll just keep changing the rules until someone we like does win." Doesn't matter whether Paul supporters are a minority. They turned out to the conventions and won. End of story. Not our fault that most of the Republican party is lazy and uninvolved. Then some wonder why A) Republican party is shrinking B) Country is in such bad shape, with people like this in control. Also consider that Paul may very well have beaten Romney in Maine if the votes were counted on time and by the book.

Since when is winning by the rules a "concession"?

You're a laugh riot. The voters vote, delegates pledge to carry those votes to the convention, and you want to violate that pledge, and you want to whine to me about not following the rules?? :rofl:

The true die hard paulbots represent less than one percent of the voting block. Thanks to gentlemen like you, I say screw 'em. They are a backstabbing bunch of miscreants. Let them drop into the historical abyss of insignificance.

It will be entertaining to watch Gilbert fail, and you either voting for Romney before I have to, or explain why you didn't to a jury.

Gundude
08-17-2012, 17:44
They are a small minority pretending to matter. That sucks a bit, and around here they have chased more away from Paul than they brought to him. By focusing so intently on the "Paulbots", you're failing to recognize the much larger percentage of the population who have aspirations of more freedom and smaller government, but who are a lot less vocal than the Paulbots. Yet they vote, and they see nothing in Romney to vote for.

How big a percentage of the population is it? Only 2 1/2 more months until we find out. My guess is it's enough to swing an election.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 18:20
By focusing so intently on the "Paulbots", you're failing to recognize the much larger percentage of the population who have aspirations of more freedom and smaller government, but who are a lot less vocal than the Paulbots. Yet they vote, and they see nothing in Romney to vote for.

How big a percentage of the population is it? Only 2 1/2 more months until we find out. My guess is it's enough to swing an election.

If we get four more years of Obama and the paulbots can be blamed it will be a bigger loss for the Libertarian/Paulites than you can possibly (obviously) imagine.

It is amazing that the paulbots manage to pack so much historical ignorance in to such a tiny package. Go all the way back to 1912 and Teddy Roosevelt and the "Bull Moose Party" and he had the advantage of having been President. Look at Perot and how he got buried in the dustpile of history. But paulbots think they are "special":upeyes:

When paulbot voters goe to pull out their precinct cards they will look at how empty their wallets are and they will say "We can't stand four more years of Obama".

Cavalry Doc
08-17-2012, 18:21
By focusing so intently on the "Paulbots", you're failing to recognize the much larger percentage of the population who have aspirations of more freedom and smaller government, but who are a lot less vocal than the Paulbots. Yet they vote, and they see nothing in Romney to vote for.

We'll have to wait and see. Almost 100% of the Paul guys voted in the primary. Total of 2 million votes. That is a ripple in a large pond.

I don't like Romney either, and I'm prepared for the vote to go either way. Screw 'em. Let the chips fall where they may, but enough of these cretins have convinced me to not care so much about their influence or their wishes.

Romney should try to win, and there is no chance that the paulbots are going to help him, so he should aim for significant voting blocks, not fringe desciples.

Gundude
08-17-2012, 18:29
If we get four more years of Obama and the paulbots can be blamed it will be a bigger loss for the Libertarian/Paulites than you can possibly (obviously) imagine. What's gonna happen? Both parties will shun them more? :rofl:

They have nothing to lose, and are acting accordingly.

G19G20
08-17-2012, 18:33
You're a laugh riot. The voters vote, delegates pledge to carry those votes to the convention, and you want to violate that pledge, and you want to whine to me about not following the rules?? :rofl:

Violate what pledge? No pledge to violate since "bindings" vary by state and even in certain states some delegates are "bound" while others are not. Maine doesn't even have bindings iirc. So what pledge exactly are Maine delegates violating? Keep on making excuses for the corruption in the party.

The true die hard paulbots represent less than one percent of the voting block.

Source? You're making things up to support a false narrative of why Paul supporters that won delegate spots should be stripped of their legitimate victories.

Thanks to gentlemen like you, I say screw 'em. They are a backstabbing bunch of miscreants. Let them drop into the historical abyss of insignificance.

Awwww seems like for all the talk about sour grapes, it's you establishment loving folks that sat on your asses while the conventions were ongoing that are the sour ones. Next time do more than play keyboard politico and you'll have less to complain about.

It will be entertaining to watch Gilbert fail, and you either voting for Romney before I have to, or explain why you didn't to a jury.

LOL! Speaking of laugh riots. JURIES? ROFL! Is that supposed to scare me? Your understanding of how the justice system in this country works is downright hilarious.

You've made this empty threat a few times now so let's hash it out, shall we? For sake of argument say that I live in Minnesota and I'm bound by Minnesota law to vote for Romney. If I'm in FLORIDA and don't vote for Romney, how does Minnesota law apply to my conduct at a convention in FLORIDA? Minnesota law doesn't follow me around the country! That's like saying that if it's illegal in Minnesota to shear a sheep, that I would be charged with a Minnesota crime for shearing a sheep while standing in Tampa. You see the flaw with your threats? They're unenforceable because state laws are only enforceable within that state. Get a Minnesota judge to put someone in front of a Minnesota jury for breaking a Minnesota law while in Florida? LOL! You have no clue wtf you're talking about. The only instances where laws cross state lines is federal laws and laws between states with express reciprocity agreements and those are very rare. That's it. Your threats and wishes are empty.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 18:33
What's gonna happen? Both parties will shun them more? :rofl:

They have nothing to lose, and are acting accordingly.

Like children throwing a tantrum? OK, I'll buy that.

Now let the adults get on with business.

ChuteTheMall
08-17-2012, 18:37
It would only take a silly publicity stunt by 3 or 4 dozen lunatics to absolutely guarantee that no libertarian RINOs will ever be taken seriously.

Go for it, show the world why you deserve to be despised.:tinfoil:

Validate our disdain. Riot.

ChuteTheMall
08-17-2012, 18:41
http://i45.tinypic.com/msc0p2.jpg:animlol::rofl:

G19G20
08-17-2012, 18:45
It would only take a silly publicity stunt by 3 or 4 dozen lunatics to absolutely guarantee that no libertarian RINOs will ever be taken seriously.

Validate our disdain. Riot.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110506214510/demoneyeproductions/images/9/92/U_mad_bro_Picture_Challenge_3-s469x428-160564-535.jpg

(btw, Im pretty sure inciting people to riot is against forum TOS and against the law.)

Gundude
08-17-2012, 20:03
Now let the adults get on with business.Yeah, they've done such a great job so far, let's just leave them to what they do best.

Gundude
08-17-2012, 20:20

Validate our disdain. Riot.They might suffer the same fate as those far-left liberals in 1968 rioting outside the Democrat convention. You certainly don't see any far-left planks in the Democrat platform anymore, thanks to those lunatics. :whistling:

ChuteTheMall
08-17-2012, 20:41
They might suffer the same fate as those far-left liberals in 1968 rioting outside the Democrat convention. You certainly don't see any far-left planks in the Democrat platform anymore, thanks to those lunatics. :whistling:

I didn't see Humphrey in the White House either; didn't see McGovern there 4 years later. Carter ran to the right of those pinkos, then got replaced by Reagan for 8 years and Bush 41 for 4.

Thanks to those hippies, the GOP captured the White House for the first time since Eisenhower left, and they held it for 20 for the next 24 years.

:nutcheck:

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww48/PillowPaper56/shut-up-hippie-nixon.jpg

domin8ss
08-17-2012, 21:27
You can't be cereal :rofl:

You throw DU troll, Obama supporter, and liberal at anyone who dares disagrees with you, or has something they don't like about Mitt/Ryan. Yet have the nerve to whine about being labeled a neo-con, get real.

And please, tell me what a traditional conservative is. I'm all eyes. I'm seriously curious.
He does have a point considering liberals taking over education though. Look into the 1930s textbooks and see how they differ from 1920s. Case in pont, George Washington, and a few other founding fathers, changed religions at that time. It's ironic though, since they were all dead.

If you want something more recent, look into the text book changes concerning slavery in Virginia Beach, Virginia. African-Americans didn't like the mention of black slave owners in their elementary school kids text books. Parents required the district to place a white sticker over it the part of a sentence mentioning black slave owners in brand new text books. The following year the district was ordered to purchase new text books. This time the requirement was that the publisher would remove the part that the district had to place stickers over. What's wrong with this? Minorities, who traditionally vote liberal Democrat, didn't like factual and proveable history because it seemed to portray a conservative tone.

domin8ss
08-17-2012, 21:34
Getting rid of the Federal Reserve actually seems like a good idea.

It wouldn't be the first time. Iirc, prior forms of a central US bank have been rid of twice. I believe it was Andrew Jackson the second time. When that occurred only hard currency (gold, silver, etc) were utilized. But, keep in mind that Jackson hated rich people too. Should history repeat itself, Obama would be more likely to get rid of the Federal Reseve.

domin8ss
08-17-2012, 23:02
Who cares about the Olympics in 2002? Maybe you're forgetting that Romney collected a bunch of earmarked federal money for the show. How conservative of him. (That's particularly aimed at those that bash Paul on earmarks....or are you all just hypocrites?)

Prior to 9/11 Olympic Security, and the funding for it, was nothing compared to what it is today. The 2002 Olympics were only 5 months after 9/11. Where else was the money going to come from in short order. Any Democrat in the same position would have done the same thing. Hell, Ron Paul would have done the same thing too. Regardless of political affiliation, there was international talk about either not having the Olympics, or moving them out of the U.S. for 2002. Democrats and Republicans alike declared Salt Lake City should keep the games, and threw their support behind them.

Should we be having this discussion pre-9/11, I guarantee you I would probably say the same thing too.

But how is he going to change anything at the federal level when he couldn't even accomplish it at the state level? All the while carrying a history of acting like a Democrat? You're twisting yourself into knots trying to defend the guy. I ask again, how does he slow anything down??? Your excuse is that he couldn't do it in his state so I don't see your logic.

Funny thing about knots, you're the one that's 'fraid.:tongueout:

Per capita there are more Republicans throughout the US, versus Massachusetts (look I spelled it how you wanted). Look at the push for a Republican controlled Legislative body at the federal level. If Romney gets that (And, that actually scares me. Not because I would be concerned about Romney, but look at what happened with Obamacare. No one group should have that much power.) he can do a lot.

Btw, did you consider that privatizing would actually decrease government jobs without affecting the employment rate? Not that I'm a big fan of that either, but it's all speculation at this point.

However, on the opposite side of the coin, the 2 best fiscally managed states in the country, according to Forbes (look a source, you should try citing these), are Virginia and Utah. Utah is so Republican that voting for the opponent is worthless, unless you're a blue-dog. Virginia is traditionally Republican at the state level. They usually hold the #1 spot for best fiscally managed state in the country, except when the Democrats take control. That's when Utah jumps over them. Nt bad considering that Utah can only collect taxes from people living in 40% of the state. The reason for that is 60% of Utah is considered federally protected land. Often times people or towns reside within the boundaries of these federally protected areas before a president decideds to claim it a national park or federal land. However, state tax dollars are utilized to educate 100% of the children in the state of Utah. Last president to declare a portion of land federally protected was Clinton. He created the Grand Escalante National Stairway. He didn't even have the balls to come to Utah to do that. He did it from Arizona.

Shocker. Do some research then open your mouth. At least you admitted you don't do anything but watch tv for your information.

Do yours. What little I've bothered to research so far tells me that Romney hasn't worked for Bain since ~2000, yet he's being blamed for everything Bain did after he left. Imo, that's like punishing a parent for something their child did after they turned 18 and left home.

Btw, when somebody states they don't know something about a particular subject they should be given credit for stating that and not making up some garbage. That's the difference between you and me. I have sources, and I quote them. You spew trash that can't be proven. Where's your sources?

You forgot the part where CNN cut the soldier's mic when he brought up how these wars are being fought for Israel and how Israel can defend itself. That's when CNN had "technical difficulties" and when that interview ended. Not following your point though. Why attack a single soldier? Are you a collectivist that labels everyone based on the actions of a few? Sounds like it. The fact is, Paul got the most cash donations from persons identifying themselves as being with the 4 branches of military. More than the rest of the GOP candidates COMBINED. It's politics so it will be spun this way or that way but that's the basis of the statement that Paul gets the most support from the military.

I saw the entire interview. It didn't look like CNN was trying to cover anything up anyways. Technical difficulties do happen. Besides, isn't CNN typically accused of being liberal? Don't liberal people (and conservatives alike) try to utilize tools (by definition, not slang referring to a person) to progress their agenda? A lot of people accuse CNN of being pro-Obama. Obama has shown he's not a fan of Isreal. When was the last time he was there? So, if CNN were a pro-Obama liberal, wouldn't they want anti-Isreali sentiment to air? You logic seems dumb-founding to me.

If I were to classify a whole group of people based on one soldier then I would be placing myself into that group. I am already on record in this forum as saying I am currently living in military housing and don't see RP stickers on any cars. And, I just found out all of the houses on the street behind mine have Texas tags on their cars. Not a single one has a RP sticker. Not only did I serve in the Marines, but my wife is currently commissioned in the US Navy. I'm trying to go back in, but commissioned this time, because the economy sucks so much. Not get into a rant here, but my wife's job in the Navy has us moving every 3 years. Imagine what a resume would look like because of that. I fel companies don't want to hire me because they see I won't be there for more than 3 years.

Btw, you have yet to prove your claim that Ron Paul collected more money from members of the armed forces than any other candidate. As you said, "It's politics so it will be spun this way or that way but that's the basis of the statement that Paul gets the most support from the military." You have managed to defeat your own claim with this. Ron Paul hasn't proven it. He's only claimed it. There is no way to prove it.

Whatever. You suspect what? You can't "suspect authenticity". That makes no sense. You can be suspect of the authenticity or you can suspect it is not authentic. You can't suspect authenticity unless you mean you believe the quote to be true. I don't usually bash people on grammar but after the "thrown" posts above, it's only fair.

Do some research on quotes from Mark Twain and you will see why I can "suspect the authenticity". You will see that he had an affinity cats. However, after doing some searching I will conceed that it is in fact a Mark Twain quote.

But since you like Mark Twain so much, try these on for size:
In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27598.html)

Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38698.html)

Truth is more of a stranger than fiction. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/13.html)

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/32948.html)

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23633.html)

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/1174.html)

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/223.html)

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't. (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/974.html)

He only signed an AWB in Massachusetts and went on record that no one needs "assault weapons". Remember in 2008 when he was asked in a debate if he owned a gun? He said NO.

Does it matter if he owns a gun? You can support gun rights and still not own a gun. I did until last year.

Also, there are a lot of things that people have that they don't need. Some of them have legislation passed against them, yet I don't see you making a point about those objects.

There's that pesky spelling again. He lives in Massachusetts and his campaign is HQed there.

Where he is living and where he is from are 2 different things, unless you've never left home. I'm from Utah. I currently live in Illinois. Before Illinois I lived in Virginia.

Do you see the difference?

Honest question. What the hell do you actually KNOW about Romney? Your entire post is a lot of "I don't knows" regarding his stances and record, yet you're advocating others to vote for him and calling Paul supporters names? You started your post with "injecting some truth" then quickly proved to everyone that you don't know a damn thing about Romney or the truth. Nice work. I guess you didn't say who would be injecting the truth....

The funny thing about truth is, "...it will be spun this way or that way but that's the basis of the statement...." And, don't bother calling me a liar, or mixed up, or confused. I've seen you calling people names. Hell, you did it in the post I'm responding to.:whistling:

As for my claim to truths, everything I said is provable, unlike your claims. I may seem pro-Romney, and I'll admit that I am, but I also hate it when people say falses that can be proven otherwise, yet try to pass them off as a truth. Every time somebody on here posts a provable fact with data your only response is, "Nuh-uh. This is what Ron Paul says." A claim isn't proof. It's only a claim. That's why courts allow Expert Testimony in order to prove or disprove a claim. Where's your factual data? Let me guess, you don't have any.

Romney's administration wrote the exact blueprint that Obamacare is based on. Romneycare was NOT a creation of the Mass legislature, nor a creation of Hillary or Kennedy. The idea of socialized medicine has been around a long time and in many countries. It was Romney that put it onto paper for THIS country.

Prove it. Seems eerily similar to Hillarycare.

Where's Herman Cain when you need him? He slammed, Hillarycare, Romneycare, and Obamacare. I'd be willin to bet he knows more about it than you and I combined.

Here's another quote you should look into. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

I have seen posted information that states there is nothing that proves Albert Einstein actually said or wrote this quote of yours. Ironically, quotationspage.com is showing the quote, exactly as you have posted it here (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Albert_Einstein/31). However, it also states it is attributed to him. If you look at some other quotes from him you will see specific references.

Fact is, The source isn't really known but current consensus is that it came from the author Rita Mae Brown in her book Sudden Death on Pg. 68 from 1983. This quote "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" appears in the Basic Text of Narcotics Anonymous which was copyrighted in 1982 and later published in 1983. It is found on page 11 of the final "Review Form" which was distributed to the fellowship in November of 1981. It is found on page 23 of the current sixth edition.

Liberal Republicans can't beat liberal Democrats. It's a political fact. Time to wake up and realize this, lest you do the same thing and get the same result as when you voted for McCain.

Sounds like an opinion and not a fact. Can you please provide some quantifiable data for this "proof"?

They also preach that Jesus lived in Missouri and there's gods living on other planets that rule over the Earth. You're also one of the few excited about anything Mormon, since polling indicates that a full 25% of Republicans won't vote for a Mormon. I don't have anything in particular against Mormons since Im 100% non-religious but if that's the best you can come up with then we're in trouble.

Ready to get schooled? Now you're on my turf.

They never said Jesus lived in Missouri. And, they don't say that today. They only said Zion was in Missouri. However, after being chased from there by mobs following a decree from Missouri Governor Boggs that gave standing orders to execute on sight anybody that was Mormon, even if they were not being violent in any way, they fled northeast from (modern day) Jackson County, Missouri to Nauvoo, Illinois. Back then the land was very swampy, yet the Mormons tried to settle there, and even built a temple. After much misery due to illnesses and persecution from non-Mormons that lead to their temple being burned down they decided to relocate further west, eventually settling in Salt Lake City, Utah. They then branched out and laid claims to "The State of Deseret." The area was so large that it encompassed all of modern day Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, and Western Wyoming. Over time the U.S. Government notched away at The State of Deseret until the map became what it is today. The transcontinental railroad, which was completed in Promontory, Utah (near Ogden, Utah).

Mormons don't preach that there are other Gods on other planets. That is Buddism. They do acknowledge that it is possible for other planets to exist that could have also been formed by God. However, it should be noted that there are no scriptures or docterine to dictate this claim.

Many Mormons believe that Evangelicals don't trust them due to the gross misunderstanding of the Mormon Religion. Even you have proven your lack of knowledge on the Mormon Church with the post I'm currently refuting.

If the best you can come up with is made-up lies about Mormons, no wonder 25% of Republicans won't vote for one. They don't know what a Mormon is. I've experienced this over the years as I have travelled all over the country. Anywhere I go east of the Mississippi I can count on 2 questions always being asked when I tell people I'm from Utah. They are, "Do you belong to that cult?" or "How many wives do you have?" It really makes me feel embarrased for those people, and the majority of people that don't like Mormons because they don't know what a Mormon is.

I will add that people also think that I'm either rich or supported by The Mormon Church to some capacity. This is definitely not the case. Mormons preach about not going into debt, and even try to help members with financial management classes taught for free by the members. The church doesn't pay the instructors. It is a volunteer instructor from the Ward or Stake the members needing help are also a part of. Calling it neighbors helping neighbors, because that's exactly what is. I've often been told that it seems the 2 religious groups where all the members seem to be rich are Jews and Mormons. Isn't it also strange that both religions have a strong stance on fiscal management? Momons can have be deemed Not Temple Worthy if they are discovered to be seriously in debt. The biggest clue is they stop paying tithing.

Btw, I'm Not Temple Worthy because I refuse to pay tithing. I see no point in giving away 10% of my income when I can use it for better (being subjective there) purposes, such as planning for my childrens' education or preparing for large purchases such as a new car or home repairs.

The Mormon church itself has a lot to do with that figure since it employs so many people. When one of the largest corporations in the state is also tax exempt, that's a bad measure of employment in a sparsely populated state.

The Mormon Church does not directly employ the majority of people you seem to think it does. The largest employers in Utah are The U.S. Government, Government contractors (ATK Thiokol, Northrup-Gruman, etc.) and Delta Airlines. Utah's economy survived because of economic diversity, religion preaching frugality, and the ability to prepare for the recession because they saw it coming. Utah didn't start to get impacted by the downturn in the economy until ~2009. That's 2 years after the east coast got hit. After the east coast, it was California, then trickled up through Vegas and into Utah. When the recession hit, the large business owners were encouraged to open their wallets and put people to work state tax incentives. To this day, Utah is still one of the largest new home construction markets and corporate financial banking hotspots in this country. Construction kept Utah going. Not the Mormon Church, although they did purchase 2 city blocks and start tearing down the buildings and reshaping the skyline before and during the recession. Look into "City Creek Center, Salt Lake City, Utah."

How does bringing them home shrink the military? Explain. When someone is enlisted, they are a member of the military whether they are home or abroad. I'd rather see them placed along the borders HERE, wouldn't you? Also, the reservists that are overseas now would be home working in the private sector and contributing to growth instead of consuming it overseas.

The military is already trying to shrink forces. Every 6 months my wife is fighting to keep her job. Since she is an officer she has to what is called a "Fit Rep". Right now, one bad Fit Rep and the officer can kiss their job goodbye. At the end of their current assignment they can pretty much count on being forced out.

As for enlisted, the military is doing anything and everything they can to downsize the number of personnel. Recruiting quotas have been slashed so that the number of people going in to the military is lower than the number of people getting out. The military is currently considering buying out contracts (my step-mother in-law works for Navy Finance). There is even a 15 year retirement plan currently on the table. One minor slip up, such as a failed PFT and the process to kick somebody out is started. Rules and regulations are getting tougher. Competition for jobs is tougher. I have a friend on the Enterprise right now. The Enterprise is on its final deployment. It will be decommissioned in the first half of 2013. Because of this he is trying to transfer to another ship in order to stay in. He's even tried to get on to the Abraham Lincoln, which is home ported in Bremmerton, WA, but is heading to dry dock in Newport News, VA (where my friend on the Enterprise actually lives) as soon as it gets back from its current deployment, also in the Persian Gulf with the Enterprise. The detailers are telling him transferring to the Lincoln would not be a good career move. He believes he is beng pushed out because he took some medical due to seriously injuring an ankle on his last ship. Because he was not sea-worthy in time for its deployment he was transferred to the Enterprise. Imo, he's a damn good sailor and even wants to commission. Since my wife is a medical officer she sees a lot of situations where people sustain injuries they can fully recover from, but are being pushed out of the Navy. I'm watching it happen with my next door neighbor right now. She's enlisted Marine.

Please forgive me master. I didn't realize it was my job to impress you.:rofl:

G19G20
08-18-2012, 02:31
Wow you spent a lot of time on that post. Good job.

I respect your dedication and research at least even if I disagree with most of your points. Post more but shorten it up a lil bit ;)

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 06:09
Violate what pledge? No pledge to violate since "bindings" vary by state and even in certain states some delegates are "bound" while others are not. Maine doesn't even have bindings iirc. So what pledge exactly are Maine delegates violating? Keep on making excuses for the corruption in the party.

Source? You're making things up to support a false narrative of why Paul supporters that won delegate spots should be stripped of their legitimate victories.

Awwww seems like for all the talk about sour grapes, it's you establishment loving folks that sat on your asses while the conventions were ongoing that are the sour ones. Next time do more than play keyboard politico and you'll have less to complain about.

LOL! Speaking of laugh riots. JURIES? ROFL! Is that supposed to scare me? Your understanding of how the justice system in this country works is downright hilarious.

You've made this empty threat a few times now so let's hash it out, shall we? For sake of argument say that I live in Minnesota and I'm bound by Minnesota law to vote for Romney. If I'm in FLORIDA and don't vote for Romney, how does Minnesota law apply to my conduct at a convention in FLORIDA? Minnesota law doesn't follow me around the country! That's like saying that if it's illegal in Minnesota to shear a sheep, that I would be charged with a Minnesota crime for shearing a sheep while standing in Tampa. You see the flaw with your threats? They're unenforceable because state laws are only enforceable within that state. Get a Minnesota judge to put someone in front of a Minnesota jury for breaking a Minnesota law while in Florida? LOL! You have no clue wtf you're talking about. The only instances where laws cross state lines is federal laws and laws between states with express reciprocity agreements and those are very rare. That's it. Your threats and wishes are empty.

Some states are unbound, some, there are actual legal requirements to vote a certain way (according to the pledge), or face jail time. I don't know if you will, but yes, I sincerely hope that a delegate that violates the trust of the voters, finds themselves in front of a jury.

I don't think you understand the difference between "sour grapes" and a loss of patience. Paulbots are her suggesting that we should be nice to them, and implying that if we don't. Barry will win. That's funny, and I'll tell you why.

You have to admit, paulbots are an active group. I doubt any of them that were physically able, missed a primary. Total popular vote for Paul in the primaries was barely over 2 million. That's all of them. As we have seen here, many that voted for Paul have taken a pragmatic view and are going to be voting for Barry or mittens, and a few are going to vote for johnson.

The split has already occurred. There aren't 2 million left. Over 120 million people voted in the last election. Saw a commercial yesterday that said a Christian Internet dating site had more members than that. Of the paulbots left that are the diehard core, they aren't going to be helping the republicans unless Paul miraculously was the nominee. So, why bother with them at all politically. Maybe they'll learn something about marketing their ideas, if they are not rewarded for bad behavior.

The math was never there to get Paul in, it would take cheating to do that.

And as far as the rules and what penalties you may or not face, that depends on your state, which you have refused to reveal so we can look up the rules to verify your long list of claims about your delegate rules. You've had a plethora of accuracy issues in previous challenges and claims. Until proven otherwise, I think you bound, and trying to conceal that here. Your legal acumen has proven, how shall I put this delicately? .... Lacking. How's a contract written in one state enforced if a person breaks it in another? Better get a real lawyer to give you some advice before you go, if you are still going.

Are you saying you are from Minnesota? Or are you attempting to be clever? Did you pledge for Santorum when you allegedly became a delegate??

domin8ss
08-18-2012, 10:11
Wow you spent a lot of time on that post. Good job.

I respect your dedication and research at least even if I disagree with most of your points. Post more but shorten it up a lil bit ;)

We can agree to disagree respectfully.

Gundude
08-18-2012, 11:52
I didn't see Humphrey in the White House either; didn't see McGovern there 4 years later. Carter ran to the right of those pinkos, then got replaced by Reagan for 8 years and Bush 41 for 4.

Thanks to those hippies, the GOP captured the White House for the first time since Eisenhower left, and they held it for 20 for the next 24 years.

:nutcheck:Therefore, since the parties are switched in this instance, it means if history repeats itself, we won't see Romney in the White House either, and over the next quarter century the Republican Party, tired of losing election after election, will adopt fully the platform of those lunatics rioting outside their convention. Works for me... :tongueout:

countrygun
08-18-2012, 12:11
Therefore, since the parties are switched in this instance, it means if history repeats itself, we won't see Romney in the White House either, and over the next quarter century the Republican Party will adopt fully the platform of those lunatics rioting outside their convention. Works for me... :tongueout:

Grasping much these days?

You are forgetting one little thing, it's kinda of the most important issue in this election,

"It's the economy..."

The egg is on the face of the man who said if he couldn't fix it in four years he (himself) would be a one term deal.

The '68 election and the '72 were social issue elections and, BTW the conservatives won and the economy was not in the condition of today.

Why do you think the liberals and their lackeys are spinning up this distracting BS about Romney being no different? to take the eyes off Obama's miserable economic performance and his overspending to no good end.

The Country generally likes social liberals but knows it needs fiscal conservatives to pay for it. That is why the libs are trying and lying so hard to paint Romney as being so close to Obama. Most folks can't really see Romney throwing money away on a phony stimulus or creating a health care system that will cost several more billions (or is it trillions, these small numbers escape me) evey year than was promised. especially not in the middle of an economic crisis.

There are strong historical similarities, but even with the deck stacked against them in the past election we were discussing, the Conservatives won, this time the deck is stacked in their favor.

Snowman92D
08-18-2012, 12:29
Therefore, since the parties are switched in this instance, it means if history repeats itself, we won't see Romney in the White House either, and over the next quarter century the Republican Party, tired of losing election after election, will adopt fully the platform of those stoners rioting outside their convention. Works for me... :smoking:

Fixed it for ya.

hogfish
08-18-2012, 13:15

You are forgetting one little thing, it's kinda of the most important issue in this election,

"It's the economy..."

The egg is on the face of the man who said if he couldn't fix it in four years he (himself) would be a one term deal.

The '68 election and the '72 were social issue elections and, BTW the conservatives won and the economy was not in the condition of today.

Why do you think the liberals and their lackeys are spinning up this distracting BS about Romney being no different? to take the eyes off Obama's miserable economic performance and his overspending to no good end.

The Country generally likes social liberals but knows it needs fiscal conservatives to pay for it. That is why the libs are trying and lying so hard to paint Romney as being so close to Obama. Most folks can't really see Romney throwing money away on a phony stimulus or creating a health care system that will cost several more billions (or is it trillions, these small numbers escape me) evey year than was promised. especially not in the middle of an economic crisis.

There are strong historical similarities, but even with the deck stacked against them in the past election we were discussing, the Conservatives won, this time the deck is stacked in their favor.

If the economy were the most important issue, Ron Paul would have been the Republican candidate, and his only competition would be Gary Johnson, no? :dunno:

countrygun
08-18-2012, 13:17
If the economy were the most important issue, Ron Paul would have been the Republican candidate, and his only competition would be Gary Johnson, no? :dunno:

No, Ron Paul is a loon.

hogfish
08-18-2012, 13:37
No, Ron Paul is a loon.

Then, the economy might be the most important issue, but there are too many other social issues to worry about. Correct?

countrygun
08-18-2012, 13:45
Then, the economy might be the most important issue, but there are too many other social issues to worry about. Correct?

Here is Ron Pauls record,

Bills proposed by Ron Paul

bills proposed by Ron Paul passed

It allowed a customs house building to be sold. presentation and debate= 2 minutes, vote= 8 seconds.

In the primary he got less than 11% in his home State and didn't even carry his home district.

He is out of it. One of the only people in the House ore Senate with a more useless record is the Azzclown in the White House and Paul stand no chance of repeating that phenomenon because Ron Paul is white.

hogfish
08-18-2012, 13:59
Here is Ron Pauls record,

Bills proposed by Ron Paul

bills proposed by Ron Paul passed

It allowed a customs house building to be sold. presentation and debate= 2 minutes, vote= 8 seconds.

In the primary he got less than 11% in his home State and didn't even carry his home district.

He is out of it. One of the only people in the House ore Senate with a more useless record is the Azzclown in the White House and Paul stand no chance of repeating that phenomenon because Ron Paul is white.

I know this thread is about RP but, why the obsession? There is the option of the Libertarian Party for those who believe the economy is the priority. Don't get me wrong: I was happy that the GOP was considering a Libertarian, but I wish people would get over worshiping an individual vs. the ideas he represents. There really is no difference (IMO) between those within the GOP who are butt-hurt because RP lost and will therefor vote Democrat, and those who will stick with the party no-matter-what.

Ruble Noon
08-18-2012, 13:59

"It's the economy..."

Yeah, Romney would never create anything like Romneycare, which was the basis for Obamacare or support bailing out Government Motors, Tarp, the stimulus etc. :upeyes:

countrygun
08-18-2012, 14:05
Yeah, Romney would never create anything like Romneycare, which was the basis for Obamacare or support bailing out Government Motors, Tarp, the stimulus etc. :upeyes:

Romney's health carre program was a State-level program in response to the requests of his constituency. Romney said it wasn't a great program for an entire Country.

You Obama shills don't want to face that one.

Oh, and lets talk about "Cash for clunkers":upeyes:

Why don't you try honesty and admit that Paul is out of it and you are an Obama minion. this false front of yours is thin. Tell everyone that you think four more years of OBama is a good idea in your mind and be done with it?

Ruble Noon
08-18-2012, 15:04
Romney's health carre program was a State-level program in response to the requests of his constituency. Romney said it wasn't a great program for an entire Country.

You Obama shills don't want to face that one.

Oh, and lets talk about "Cash for clunkers":upeyes:

Why don't you try honesty and admit that Paul is out of it and you are an Obama minion. this false front of yours is thin. Tell everyone that you think four more years of OBama is a good idea in your mind and be done with it?

Why don't you just admit that you are a paid Romney shill and that obama and romney are twinners policy wise.

countrygun
08-18-2012, 15:21
Why don't you just admit that you are a paid Romney shill and that obama and romney are twinners policy wise.

I am not paid.

Romney will offer "cash for Clunkers'?

Romney will waste money on a "stimulus"?

Romney will cover up the smuggling of guns into Mexico?

Romney will tell the Russian leader "I'll have more flexibility after the election" ?

Romney will tell small businesses "You didn't build that yourself"?

I think not.

Since Ron Paul is a complete failure your next best hope of getting Obama back in office is to discourage Republican voters by trying the "no difference" strategy.

I think people see right through that disguise.

G19G20
08-18-2012, 15:36
Some states are unbound, some, there are actual legal requirements to vote a certain way (according to the pledge), or face jail time. I don't know if you will, but yes, I sincerely hope that a delegate that violates the trust of the voters, finds themselves in front of a jury.

I already explained why this is laughable. State laws do not cross state lines. The only laws that matter in Tampa are FLORIDA (and federal) laws. Simple as that.

And as far as the rules and what penalties you may or not face, that depends on your state, which you have refused to reveal so we can look up the rules to verify your long list of claims about your delegate rules. You've had a plethora of accuracy issues in previous challenges and claims. Until proven otherwise, I think you bound, and trying to conceal that here. Your legal acumen has proven, how shall I put this delicately? .... Lacking. How's a contract written in one state enforced if a person breaks it in another? Better get a real lawyer to give you some advice before you go, if you are still going.

Again, doesn't matter one bit where I'm from since only Florida laws apply to conduct in Florida. A contract is an express agreement between parties to perform a service, usually in exchange for compensation. State law is not a contract, affidavits are not contracts, only contracts are contracts. I have signed no contracts agreeing to future conduct and such contracts aren't in the party rules any way. If my legal acumen is lacking, what does that make yours???

Are you saying you are from Minnesota? Or are you attempting to be clever? Did you pledge for Santorum when you allegedly became a delegate??

Maybe. Maybe not. Cracks me up that you're dying to know so badly. I didn't have to "pledge" anything. Only state who my preferred candidate is, per the rules.

G-19
08-18-2012, 16:08
Even those on the Daily Paul thinks the Libertatians are a failure.

http://www.dailypaul.com/246695/the-libertarian-party-is-a-total-failure-and

G19G20
08-18-2012, 16:16
I agree with some of the points, disagree with others. Not everyone is thrilled with the (big L) Libertarian Party. They nominated Bob Barr in 2008 ffs. Johnson is definitely a step up from that guy.

That's just a post by a random poster on that site. That's like implying that whatever you post here is the opinion of all GTPI members.

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 17:42
I already explained why this is laughable. State laws do not cross state lines. The only laws that matter in Tampa are FLORIDA (and federal) laws. Simple as that.

Again, doesn't matter one bit where I'm from since only Florida laws apply to conduct in Florida. A contract is an express agreement between parties to perform a service, usually in exchange for compensation. State law is not a contract, affidavits are not contracts, only contracts are contracts. I have signed no contracts agreeing to future conduct and such contracts aren't in the party rules any way. If my legal acumen is lacking, what does that make yours???

Maybe. Maybe not. Cracks me up that you're dying to know so badly. I didn't have to "pledge" anything. Only state who my preferred candidate is, per the rules.

So, did you have to lie to be made a delegate? Be sure to consult with a real attorney before you do anything you might regret.

Any chance you've committed fraud?

There are plenty of legal pitfalls. Some social ones too. What will all your pro-Santorum neighbors think?

PawDog
08-18-2012, 20:22
Why don't you just admit that Ruble Noon is a paid Obama shill and Ron Paul and Michael Moore are twins ideology wise.

This..................:shocked:

G19G20
08-19-2012, 02:07
So, did you have to lie to be made a delegate? Be sure to consult with a real attorney before you do anything you might regret.

Any chance you've committed fraud?

There are plenty of legal pitfalls. Some social ones too. What will all your pro-Santorum neighbors think?

Ive already destroyed your argument about "a jury" and "jail time" so just let it go. You're looking desperate here.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 02:16
Ive already destroyed your argument about "a jury" and "jail time" so just let it go. You're looking desperate here.

HE looks "desperate"?

Ahahahaha

you are the one still trying to keep Paul relevant. Now that's DESPERATION.

G19G20
08-19-2012, 02:27
Ok, countrygun's account has to be a fraud. Im calling it right here. Either you sit at your computer ALL DAY EVERY DAY refreshing threads here just to post in them (sad!) or you are a shill account that paid operatives use to constantly spam up this forum with mindless crap.

No matter what time of day I swing by GTPI, you're 5 seconds behind me and everyone else with a post. Over 4000 posts since March. That's not normal. I almost hope you're a shill account because if not you need to seek some professional help.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 07:22

You've destroyed your credibility.

What argument, it's speculation at best. I don't know what possible legal pitfalls you may face, I just hope there are some. You've repeatedly failed to support your claim that you are not pledged or bound in any way in your intentionally concealed state. Nothing personal. It's just a violation of trust and integrity as large as you are alleging to be partaking in, should have some repercussions to increase the entertainment value.

Bare minimum, your neighbors should learn of your deception, if in fact you've not been telling a fictitious story from the beginning about being a delegate.

Either way, in less than two weeks, this little bit of fun will be over, and you can get started on Dr. Paul's attempt to steal the libertarian nomination or run as an independant.

kirgi08
08-19-2012, 07:25

:faint:

Ok, countrygun's account has to be a fraud. Im calling it right here. Either you sit at your computer ALL DAY EVERY DAY refreshing threads here just to post in them (sad!) or you are a shill account that paid operatives use to constantly spam up this forum with mindless crap.

CG is usually right on with his analysis.:upeyes:

No matter what time of day I swing by GTPI, you're 5 seconds behind me and everyone else with a post. Over 4000 posts since March. That's not normal. I almost hope you're a shill account because if not you need to seek some professional help.

:animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 07:33

Phones make it much easier to check in. Like now, I was taking a crap and instantly thought about super patriots and Trojan horse delegates, so came to check on you.

kirgi08
08-19-2012, 07:43
:faint: :animlol:

Doc,you OWE me a keyboard.It's attached ta a mac.'08. :whistling:

Actually a Toughbook,so no harm no foul.

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 08:02
This..................:shocked:

That violates the TOS you know. I'm sure you don't care though as you got your dig in on someone that offends your statist sensibilities.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 08:43
That violates the TOS you know. I'm sure you don't care though as you got your dig in on someone that offends your statist sensibilities.

Gotta side with you on this one. Editing ones post in a quote is mildly rude to begin with, including the "fixes". There are ways to draw attention to them, and being polite about it. Changing it in such a way that it is not VERY EASY to notice the edits is poor form.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 10:40

Not that I really need to explain to you, but it does seem an opportunity help you be a fool.

I am semi-retired for the last 3 years, retired at 50 thanks to a lot of hard work and smart investing. I have a little farm/ranch/rental property thing going. I do as I please. I am also gifted with the ability to read between 700-800 wpm. I majored in Political Science and was on the Dean's list throughout college. If you ever managed to do anything other than post in the PI section you will notice that I am a daily poster in a number of gun related sections of this forum (imagine that, posting about guns on a gun forum?) including pictures of many of the guns in my collection

I live on the coast and enjoy long walks on the beach with my wife and dog, wonderful sunsets, the smell of a rainshower on a hot day, the fall season when all the colors of nature change. I like classic rock music, play guitar love working with wood and forging knves in my shop, I am a Libra with a whinsical nature and a great sense of humor but enjoy quiet nights curled up with a good book in front of the fireplace

but

I have been collecting and shooting since the young age of 13 and, next to firearms,and making money, deflating liberals, quasi-liberals, political phonies, and ignorant blind political fanboys and "followers" is probably my favorite hobby.

I would like to thank you for gving me the chance, so often, to practice that last hobby. You are a boundless source of opportunity to those who actually read your posts.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 11:11
:faint: :animlol:

Doc,you OWE me a keyboard.It's attached ta a mac.'08. :whistling:

Actually a Toughbook,so no harm no foul.

:whistling: sorry 'bout that. I have developed a reflex to turn my head to the left when spewing coffee.

PawDog
08-19-2012, 11:12

No worse than what you just posted, liberal. And mine is actually true, obviously by your "hurt" feelings.....

G29Reload
08-19-2012, 11:20
Phones make it much easier to check in. Like now, I was taking a crap and instantly thought about super patriots and Trojan horse delegates, so came to check on you.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LAugh so hard that you…. yourself? ROTFL

Ah just think of the Super Secret Hush Hush plan to stealthily take over the convention and then everyone will fawn and break rules and vote for the King, Ron Paul and the nation will cheer. If not, the R's will NEVER EVER FOR THE REST OF HISTORY WIN AN ELECTION, EVER AGAIN! They will lose this election and EVERY ELECTION in the future! The mental illness factor of that alone is a laugh riot.

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 11:28
No worse than what you just posted, liberal. And mine is actually true, obviously by your "hurt" feelings.....

I'm a liberal because I won't vote for the liberal Romney? Brilliant, I guess. :dunno:

G29Reload
08-19-2012, 11:35
To quote another poster's sig line:

If you can't stand Romney, then Obama's got you right where he wants you: apathetic and silent.

Which makes you a tool.

An Obama tool.

Gundude
08-19-2012, 11:38
To quote another poster's sig line:

If you can't stand Romney, then Obama's got you right where he wants you: apathetic and silent.

Which makes you a tool.

An Obama tool.:rofl:

So now you have to like Romney to avoid being Obama's tool?

Priceless. I can't wait to see what's next. :rofl:

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 11:44

Seems there has been an awful lot of "If you are voting or not voting for this guy, what you are really doing is __________."

That's been going on for quite a while, coming from all sides.

I personally think people should do whatever they want with their votes, then deal with the consequences. We live in interesting times.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 11:45

There are only two candidates, Romney and Obama, which one will your actions aid?

Are you going to vote to get Obama out, by voting for Romney or not.

No BS theoretical, idealistic answers. are you going to cast a vote that will help remove Obama or not?

G29Reload
08-19-2012, 12:02

No, you just have to vote for him. Or you're Obama's tool.

Unless you failed basic arithmetic, that's it. Two choices, one or the other. doesn't get any simpler.

PawDog
08-19-2012, 12:59
I'm a liberal because I won't vote for the liberal Romney? Brilliant, I guess. :dunno:

Liberals or Paulatarians, both the same, with 87% of the exact same ideology and attitude.

Both love to malign others who don't share their views, and then act all "butt hurt" and whine to the moderators when someone hurts their feelings with fact.

Especially when virtually everything the Paulatarian posts parrots the same lies and propaganda spewed by the liberal progressives and the Obama campaign, all anti-Conservative-Republican.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426933_10150554870997361_162625492360_8935183_1227185662_n.jpg

Ruble Noon
08-19-2012, 13:21
Liberals or Paulatarians, both the same, with 87% of the exact same ideology and attitude.

Both love to malign others who don't share their views, and then act all "butt hurt" and whine to the moderators when someone hurts their feelings with fact.

Especially when virtually everything the Paulatarian posts parrots the same lies and propaganda spewed by the liberal progressives and the Obama campaign, all anti-Conservative-Republican.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426933_10150554870997361_162625492360_8935183_1227185662_n.jpg

I think you got Libertarians and Rombies confused.

Yessir How High
08-19-2012, 19:25
Not that I really need to explain to you, but it does seem an opportunity help you be a fool.

I am semi-retired for the last 3 years, retired at 50 thanks to a lot of hard work and smart investing. I have a little farm/ranch/rental property thing going. I do as I please. I am also gifted with the ability to read between 700-800 wpm. I majored in Political Science and was on the Dean's list throughout college. If you ever managed to do anything other than post in the PI section you will notice that I am a daily poster in a number of gun related sections of this forum (imagine that, posting about guns on a gun forum?) including pictures of many of the guns in my collection

I live on the coast and enjoy long walks on the beach with my wife and dog, wonderful sunsets, the smell of a rainshower on a hot day, the fall season when all the colors of nature change. I like classic rock music, play guitar love working with wood and forging knves in my shop, I am a Libra with a whinsical nature and a great sense of humor but enjoy quiet nights curled up with a good book in front of the fireplace

but

I have been collecting and shooting since the young age of 13 and, next to firearms,and making money, deflating liberals, quasi-liberals, political phonies, and ignorant blind political fanboys and "followers" is probably my favorite hobby.

I would like to thank you for gving me the chance, so often, to practice that last hobby. You are a boundless source of opportunity to those who actually read your posts.

You forgot to mention your turn-ons.

You weren't by any chance a member of the 'Girls of the SEC' from back in 1979?

I still think he's right about the shill stuff.

LOL

Yessir How foolish to reload for a G29

countrygun
08-19-2012, 19:36
You forgot to mention your turn-ons.

You weren't by any chance a member of the 'Girls of the SEC' from back in 1979?

I still think he's right about the shill stuff.

LOL

Yessir How foolish to reload for a G29

How can I be a shill when I openly support Romney (whom I didn't vote for in the primary) because he is the nominee of my party, as opposed to those who want Obama reelected either out of spite or genuine interest, and try to siphon off Republican votes by either discouraging voters or getting them to waste votes on Paul?

No the shills are the ones trying to covertly support Obama.

Yessir How High
08-19-2012, 19:45
How can I be a shill when I openly support Romney (whom I didn't vote for in the primary) because he is the nominee of my party, as opposed to those who want Obama reelected either out of spite or genuine interest, and try to siphon off Republican votes by either discouraging voters or getting them to waste votes on Paul?

No the shills are the ones trying to covertly support Obama.

You must have made so many posts today that you forgot what you and G19G20 were talking about.

Hey, OK, all in a day's work.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 19:49
You must have made so many posts today that you forgot what you and G19G20 were talking about.

Hey, OK, all in a day's work.How so? I have always stated that the paulbots were shills for Obama.

Or developmentally disabled

or mentally ill.

Yessir How High
08-19-2012, 19:54
How so? I have always stated that the paulbots were shills for Obama.

or mentally ill.

Shoosh, right over your head.

Maybe you really were in the 'Girls of the SEC of 1979'

I yam sorry. I got drug into this string again. Like trying to teach a pig to sing.

Sorry again, I yam outta here.

LOL

countrygun
08-19-2012, 20:02
Hey, it's time for a confession that everyone might find amusing.

I live in Oregon which means that, pretty much my vote means squat, and as a Conservative, somewhat less.

i was actually going to vote for Paul in the primary and general as a futile protest (not for pity sakes to get elected) but two things got in the way.

1.) by our primary the rongoloids had already started getting too squirrely.

2.) the polls are showing so far that Oregon is leaning towards Obama, "LEANING but not in the pocket. Now for a lifetime republican in this State that catches your attention. That is a surprise. Now I want to show that my County is strongly Republican, as do most of the people in rural Counties so that we can break the discrimminatory "winner-take-all" apportionment of electoral votes.

Oh, and, the Rongoloids are just so screwy I don't want to encourage them or ,make people think there are too many of them, folks have enough to be scared of in this world.

G19G20
08-20-2012, 03:42
Gotta love countrygun's damage control posts. Your account is a fake.

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 04:31

Then go ahead and report him to the mods. Be aware that frivilous charges are not looked at kindly though.

Blast
08-20-2012, 04:43
http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/rp12-fema-camps.jpg?w=570

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared002.gif

kirgi08
08-20-2012, 07:57
:whistling: sorry 'bout that. I have developed a reflex to turn my head to the left when spewing coffee.

It was apple cider,my wife was ta the left of me.Not gonna happen.

There are only two candidates, Romney and Obama, which one will your actions aid?

Are you going to vote to get Obama out, by voting for Romney or not.

No BS theoretical, idealistic answers. are you going to cast a vote that will help remove Obama or not?

Not gonna happen.

How so? I have always stated that the paulbots were shills for Obama.

or mentally ill.

Perot effect,obama is counting on it.

That's funny,you seem ta be the one steppin and fetching.Damage control works both ways.He's been destroying yer posts/view quite regular.

http://2012patriot.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/rp12-fema-camps.jpg?w=570

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared002.gif

Kinda unknown my friend.It's a sampler pack.'08. :dunno:

ChuteTheMall
08-20-2012, 08:54
Shoosh, right over your head.

Maybe you really were in the 'Girls of the SEC of 1979'

I yam sorry. I got drug into this string again. Like trying to teach a pig to sing.

Sorry again, I yam outta here.

LOL

http://i48.tinypic.com/1gmzuq.jpg

countrygun
08-20-2012, 09:56

I am trying to figure out what damage I would be trying to control? seems like you are self-damaging, so that is not it.

hmmm

BTW I pointed out that I would have voted for Paul as a protest BUT there were more important things at stake, like reforming my State's electoral allotment rules so that all votes, not just the majority vote could be represented at the electoral college. Something I think would be important to the future of a third party someday.

But the immature paulbots can't think at that level and plan ahead (they say weed does that to folks).

Not that I paricularly care about a third party filled with the folks I am seeing at this juncture.

Gundude
08-20-2012, 12:59
No, you just have to vote for him. Or you're Obama's tool.

Unless you failed basic arithmetic, that's it. Two choices, one or the other. doesn't get any simpler.So no matter how you vote, you're either Romney's tool or Obama's tool? Is that what voting is about? Being some politician's tool?

ChuteTheMall
08-20-2012, 16:38
http://i48.tinypic.com/wbxcfr.jpg

Four years from today will be his 81st birthday,maybe you diehards can vote for him in 2016.
:fred:

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 17:05
So no matter how you vote, you're either Romney's tool or Obama's tool? Is that what voting is about? Being some politician's tool?

You can stay home on election day, and be a tool to no one.

Abstain. That is the only way to not work for the cause of another.

Think about it for a while, and you'll see that is true, to a certain point.

The other guy, the one you don't like, wants you to stay home. So staying home is being a tool for him.

Bottom line is that life is full of hard choices. Man the "F" up and pick a direction, then move. Don't apologize for it, just do it. Do it with reason and purpose, with the knowledge that each individual vote has a miniscule effect.

And then cast your vote the way you want to cast it anyway.

We all have our reasons. And we will all, well not all, most of us will be here to talk about it in a few years. Place your bets carefully.

countrygun
08-20-2012, 17:12
So no matter how you vote, you're either Romney's tool or Obama's tool? Is that what voting is about? Being some politician's tool?

Cry me a river. Is this your first election?

Maybe we can chug on over to mamby-pamby land and maybe we can find you some self confidence.

Jackwagon

ChuteTheMall
08-20-2012, 17:21
...each individual vote has a miniscule effect.

Some votes are less miniscule than others.

Such as in Floriduh in 2000, and probably in Virginia in 2012.

Ruble Noon
08-20-2012, 17:28
Hey, it's time for a confession that everyone might find amusing.

I live in Oregon which means that, pretty much my vote means squat, and as a Conservative, somewhat less.

i was actually going to vote for Paul in the primary and general as a futile protest (not for pity sakes to get elected) but two things got in the way.

1.) by our primary the rongoloids had already started getting too squirrely.

2.) the polls are showing so far that Oregon is leaning towards Obama, "LEANING but not in the pocket. Now for a lifetime republican in this State that catches your attention. That is a surprise. Now I want to show that my County is strongly Republican, as do most of the people in rural Counties so that we can break the discrimminatory "winner-take-all" apportionment of electoral votes.

Oh, and, the Rongoloids are just so screwy I don't want to encourage them or ,make people think there are too many of them, folks have enough to be scared of in this world.

Damn, I thought you were going to confess that you are not a conservative after all and admit to being nothing more than a neocon shill.

countrygun
08-20-2012, 18:10
Damn, I thought you were going to confess that you are not a conservative after all and admit to being nothing more than a neocon shill.

And there you go again with your "neocon" babble.

Naw, I leave being two-faced up to liberals, both Dems and rongoloid shills,

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 19:35
Some votes are less miniscule than others.

Such as in Floriduh in 2000, and probably in Virginia in 2012.

OK, I'll give you that.

I'm in a state and county that is virtually guaranteed to go red in November. If I was living around a bunch of fence sitters, I'd be even more determined to consider the ends, along with the means.

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 19:41
OK, time to go out on a limb here. Ruble and Country. You are both good guys. You both have a different idea about what is best for the country. Country, will probably go with me and vote for the guy that can beat Barry, and Ruble will probably be voting for that Johnson fellow.

And when it's all said and done, if we met in a coffee shop, I'd take you both to a bar and buy you a beer.

None of us is all that far apart, except for Flint/feather guy/gal and G19g20.

I'd rather hang with some guys that disagreed with me a little, than some that disagreed with me a lot. I can think of a lot of people in the world that make honest libertarians and war mongering conservatives seem like blood brothers.

Look left and right, see where the lines are drawn.

Go vote, and then when that is done, be prepared to support good causes peacefully.

countrygun
08-20-2012, 19:47
OK, time to go out on a limb here. Ruble and Country. You are both good guys. You both have a different idea about what is best for the country. Country, will probably go with me and vote for the guy that can beat Barry, and Ruble will probably be voting for that Johnson fellow.

And when it's all said and done, if we met in a coffee shop, I'd take you both to a bar and buy you a beer.

I'd rather hang with some guys that disagreed with me a little, than some that disagreed with me a lot. I can think of a lot of people in the world that make honest libertarians and war mongering conservatives seem like blood brothers.

Go vote, and then when that is done, be prepared to support good causes peacefully.

Well said but I fit into your previous post (236) For the first time in a long time, and despite the way folks fell for Obama, my State is listed as "Light Blue". I am fighting for every inch. Plus I am tired of being tolerant of liberals around here.

Thanks for the offer, I'll have a 7-Up though:supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 20:10
Well said but I fit into your previous post (236) For the first time in a long time, and despite the way folks fell for Obama, my State is listed as "Light Blue". I am fighting for every inch. Plus I am tired of being tolerant of liberals around here.

Fair enough. :wavey:

Ruble Noon
08-21-2012, 05:04

Wow, what intestinal fortitude you have. You have been here all of 5 months and you are tired of putting up with liberals. Which liberals would they be? The Republic? 1200 feather? Tommy 21? Nedediah? Jenkins? Adagenhart? Duck Face?

Cavalry Doc
08-21-2012, 05:25
Wow, what intestinal fortitude you have. You have been here all of 5 months and you are tired of putting up with liberals. Which liberals would they be? The Republic? 1200 feather? Tommy 21? Nedediah? Jenkins? Adagenhart? Duck Face?

Darn, there are a couple there that I don't even recognize.

Ruble Noon
08-21-2012, 15:24
Darn, there are a couple there that I don't even recognize.

You should but, maybe you didn't draw their ire like I did. Hell one of 'em even made me a nice video. :rofl:

Now it seems that I draw the ire of statists and neocons like countrygun.

jakebrake
08-21-2012, 15:26

not that i had noticed. then again, you don't just sit and insult anything that anyone else may have done for any extended period of time.

occasional dust-up? sure. who hasn't?

ymmv

countrygun
08-21-2012, 15:29

I was actually speaking of in my State, keeping in the form of the rest of my post, but I will be glad to include you, no matter what name you have used in the past.

countrygun
08-21-2012, 15:30
You should but, maybe you didn't draw their ire like I did. Hell one of 'em even made me a nice video. :rofl:

Lbaling, so you can redefine people is so Alinsky of you

Ruble Noon
08-21-2012, 15:32
Lbaling, so you can redefine people is so Alinsky of you

Just pointing out the obvious. :wavey:

countrygun
08-21-2012, 15:38
Just pointing out the obvious. :wavey:

Allow me to point out that, liberals say that labeling folks was the sign of ignorant bigotry, unless of course they are the ones doing the labeling.

Ruble Noon
08-21-2012, 17:20
Allow me to point out that, liberals say that labeling folks was the sign of ignorant bigotry, unless of course they are the ones doing the labeling.

Priceless. :rofl:

Let me point out that you are the one labeling everyone that disagrees with you as liberal. Going by your own post, I guess that makes you an ignorant liberal.

countrygun
08-21-2012, 17:32
Priceless. :rofl:

Let me point out that you are the one labeling everyone that disagrees with you as liberal. Going by your own post, I guess that makes you an ignorant liberal.

Not really and once again, you are wrong. I have not agreed with every one in the "conspiracy" threads and I don't call them "liberals" Just another example of your exaggeration.

I certainly believe that people who cast a vote that they know will do nothing to get Obama out of office are therefore assisting his liberal agenda.

"neocon" and "statist" are merely an update of "the Man" or "the establishment" from the sixties.

countrygun
08-21-2012, 17:35

Well, you tried to be reasonable about it, and while I explained my feelings I didn't disagree with your assesment and I tried to be nice.

See how it worked.

Go back and look at my reasoning for my position and see if it's clearer now.