KKM custom threading cost? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KKM custom threading cost?

majors51
08-12-2012, 12:27
Looking into getting a KKM for my G20. Anybody know how much they are charging to get it threaded and provide the protector? I'm trying to stay away from LWD. Hoping the cost is no more than $224. Thanks!

Meathead9
08-12-2012, 13:01
Best bet is to call them.

majors51
08-12-2012, 15:44
Will be doing that tomorrow. My concern with the compensated barrel that KKM sells assembled already is whether or not the threads will match a typical 40. I would like to take the compensator off from time to time and put on whatever else I can come up with.

Yondering
08-12-2012, 22:34
That's a pretty legit concern, I think KKM uses an oddball thread that isn't common to many other manufacturers.

It might be cheaper to buy an extended barrel, and have a good local gunsmith thread it for you (9/16-24 assuming you're talking 10mm). I've had a bunch of barrels threaded for suppressors, usually around $50 or so.

Of course, if you want a KKM brake, they might not offer them in "custom" (industry standard) thread pitch.

majors51
08-13-2012, 12:33
Got in touch with them today. He recommended I talk to Carver to find out the exact threading that I would need to fit their compensator. He said their price was $50 as well, not too bad.

Any Cal.
08-14-2012, 01:22
When I was messing around with all that, my issue was the cost for an extended length threaded barrel. KKM has a good price on their comp and barrel kit, but you pay almost as much for just a threaded barrel. With the loads I shoot now, (heavy bullet,fast powder) I would get just an unthreaded 5.3" barrel and call it cool, unless you were planning on running a suppressor, or maybe pick up a threaded barrel from another manufacturer.