Use Duty Holster on Narrower Gunbelt? Need Adapter/Clamp/Block or Something [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Use Duty Holster on Narrower Gunbelt? Need Adapter/Clamp/Block or Something

BamaBud
08-12-2012, 14:34
I have several Safariland Duty holsters that I would like to use on a narrower (1.5 or 1.75 inch) gunbelt.

I saw once (a long time ago) a pair of small clamps that fit the slots and allowed you to adjust them to make the slot fit the narrower belt.

Anyone point me to something (anything!) that will let me do this?

TIA :wavey:

BamaBud
08-13-2012, 06:12
Anybody?

Crickets...

RussP
08-13-2012, 07:12
Did you contact Safariland?

ATW525
08-13-2012, 08:24
What model of Safariland holster? Many of the newer designs have three screws holding on the duty belt loop to the holster body. This can be removed and swapped for a belt loop backing designed to fit a normal belt. This doesn't apply for older holsters like the 070, however.

BamaBud
08-13-2012, 11:48
What model of Safariland holster? Many of the newer designs have three screws holding on the duty belt loop to the holster body. This can be removed and swapped for a belt loop backing designed to fit a normal belt. This doesn't apply for older holsters like the 070, however.

Thanks. I got the Safariland replacement backer that has smaller belt loops. It changes the drop and cant of the holster. What I'm looking for would keep the drop as a low-ride, and straight/zero cant.

Safariland says tough noogies.

But I saw some small clamps made of brass once that would block the slots at any width I wanted. I just haven't seen the clamps again (and I can't remember where I saw them).

collim1
08-13-2012, 16:40
I was bored and gave it the best of my searchfu and came up with nothing.

I think we would have better luck if we knew what it was called.

BamaBud
08-15-2012, 15:38
I was bored and gave it the best of my searchfu and came up with nothing.

I think we would have better luck if we knew what it was called.

Yeah, I've tried search six ways from Sunday, to no avail.

It would make it easier if they were named something.