Looking for advise on gun consolidation. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advise on gun consolidation.

fgutie35
08-12-2012, 23:33
Well, I want to merge two weapons into one that can fullfill both functions. First off, I have a WASR-3(5.56) as my medium range weapon and a Savage 112BVSS(30-06) as my long range tack driver weapon. Which weapon could I buy that could do both jobs at a realistic price?(SCAR-17 is way out of my budget, even if I sell both weapons mentioned above).

Cole125
08-12-2012, 23:38
I would recommend the Rock River Arms LAR-8, its a high quality .308 AR10 style rifle for a reasonable price. Its available in quite a few configurations, from tactical to bull barrel hunter. Check them out.

http://rockriverarms.com

WoodenPlank
08-12-2012, 23:41
Well, I want to merge two weapons into one that can fullfill both functions. First off, I have a WASR-3(5.56) as my medium range weapon and a Savage 112BVSS(30-06) as my long range tack driver weapon. Which weapon could I buy that could do both jobs at a realistic price?(SCAR-17 is way out of my budget, even if I sell both weapons mentioned above).

My first thought would be something along the lines of the Mk. 12 SPR. 18" stainless (preferably ion bonded) barrel, free-float handguard, good stock, and a quality, variable power scope on top. Loaded with 69 or 77 grain OTM/BTHP ammo, you can easily reach several hundred yards with respectable accuracy, and still have plenty of other cheaper ammo options to pick from.

fgutie35
08-12-2012, 23:50
Thanks guys. Good advise so far.