Tennis Elbow Redux. Sucks. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Elbow Redux. Sucks.

Restless28
08-13-2012, 09:34
My MD diagnosed me with acute tennis elbow with a pretty severe case of inflammation. It has spread.

I got the pressure pad thingy again, and like a dummy, I chose to take the steroid shot in my upper affected arm. Damn, I forgot how bad those hurt!

He also wants to do a nerve test later this month to rule out carpal tunnel too.

No more hauling around the generator for me for awhile. That little Honda gets heavy after a hundred yards or so of hauling it to the boat, due to the jackasses that keep the dock cart on their slips. That's a whole other story. We love our boat, but hate our neighbors.

ETA: wrong forum!!! Sorry!

K.Kiser
08-13-2012, 16:22
Had d ecent case of tennis elbow in my early 20's, and it was a bummer but not nearly as severe as your case... On the other hand (no pun), I got golfers elbow a few months after ridding the tennis elbow and it is much worse... It's the connective tissues that connect to that knobby bone on the inside of the elbow... This was 15 years ago, and I still go to bed with and ice pack every night and the pain still persist with the lightest of work duties...

Anyway, I wear an elastic ACE elbow band everyday to keep the tennis away, and it does a fine job if I don't act like a fool...

faawrenchbndr
08-13-2012, 16:34
I'm 45,.......after 27 years of turning wrenches & screw drivers
TE is a reoccurring problem for me. It gets better, then it flares up.

Sorry to hear of your issues with it.

Restless28
08-13-2012, 18:09
I'm 45,.......after 27 years of turning wrenches & screw drivers
TE is a reoccurring problem for me. It gets better, then it flares up.

Sorry to hear of your issues with it.

How do you treat it?

faawrenchbndr
08-13-2012, 18:21
Motrin & a arm band with a pressure pad

Sporaticus
08-13-2012, 18:51
Motrin & a arm band with a pressure pad

This will sound crazy, but try cayenne supplements. TE is inflammation, and cayenne is great for inflammation. I had serious inflammation issues, and cayenne cleared it up. It's a vasodilator, but I'm not sure if the chemicals work on the inflammation, or the dilation just opens up the vessels and cells and the blood flow does it.

It's a base, so if it bothers your stomach, drink a soda or some lemonade, the acid will neutralize them.

ImpeachObama
08-13-2012, 19:42
Wear the band with a pressure pad around your forearm. You can get them from CVS. It has taken months for some, but its possible to heal without radical approaches.

Brucev
08-13-2012, 20:25
Just found this post. Sorry to read of your problem. Hope one of the suggestions helps.

Milhouse58421
08-13-2012, 21:02
My brother ended up having surgery on both elbows, it was the only thing that worked.