Hermosa Beach Police Chief Defends $100,000 Union Meter Maids [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hermosa Beach Police Chief Defends $100,000 Union Meter Maids

snerd
08-13-2012, 12:37
Only in Commiefornia......................
No price of labor is too high if you are a supporter of public unions. Here is a case in point: In Hermosa Beach California, Police Chief Steve Johnson and Councilman Howard Fishman defended $100,000 meter maid positions on the grounds “When you outsource, you take away union jobs.”

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/mikeshedlock/2012/08/13/hermosa_beach_police_chief_defends_100000_union_meter_maids

JFrame
08-13-2012, 12:43
I guess we know which community will soon be announcing an imminent bankruptcy... :whistling:

TheExplorer
08-13-2012, 12:44
You're kidding, those guys probably bring in 10 times that in tickets each month.

JFrame
08-13-2012, 12:47
You're kidding, those guys probably bring in 10 times that in tickets each month.

And you don't think someone drawing a smaller salary will write out the same number of tickets? :dunno:

TheExplorer
08-13-2012, 12:48
And you don't think someone drawing a smaller salary will write out the same number of tickets? :dunno:

Sarcasm.

JFrame
08-13-2012, 12:50
Sarcasm.

Sorry... :embarassed:

You write with a very straight face... :supergrin:

TheExplorer
08-13-2012, 12:51
Sorry... :embarassed:

You write with a very straight face... :supergrin:

You should see me when I tell a joke. It freaks everyone out.:tongueout:

JFrame
08-13-2012, 12:53
You should see me when I tell a joke. It freaks everyone out.:tongueout:

:rofl::rofl:

Bren
08-13-2012, 13:10
Note that meter maid positions do not require much more than the ability to drive a standard transmission car and have a high school diploma.

There's the problem - how many people today can drive a standard? You have to pay top dollar for rare skills.

Brucev
08-13-2012, 13:20
Only in Commiefornia......................

Good. Nice to see a mere meter maid has managed to figure out how to take advantage of the system in exactly the same way as the wallstreet wingtipper have taken advantage of the system... or military retirees, etc.

Of course the real problem is that the meter maid is making more than minimum wage doing a minimum wage job because she is a LEO. Can't see any reason why that sort of job could not be filled by a part-time employee. A retired senior citizen in a golf cart would do the job just fine.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 13:24
Good. Nice to see a mere meter maid has managed to figure out how to take advantage of the system in exactly the same way as the wallstreet wingtipper have taken advantage of the system... or military retirees, etc.

Of course the real problem is that the meter maid is making more than minimum wage doing a minimum wage job because she is a LEO. Can't see any reason why that sort of job could not be filled by a part-time employee. A retired senior citizen in a golf cart would do the job just fine.

Having a hard time making a connection between a wallstreet private corporate employee, a military retiree, and a meter maid. I'll be darned if I see it.

Lethaltxn
08-13-2012, 13:27
Having a hard time making a connection between a wallstreet private corporate employee, a military retiree, and a meter maid. I'll be darned if I see it.

Bang your head against a brick wall for an hour, then you two will be on the same page.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 13:30
Bang your head against a brick wall for an hour, then you two will be on the same page.

Why, when talking to liberals, do I have to constantly compensate for the fact that I wasn't a slippery child and didn't get dropped, and my parents didn't let me eat paint chips?

JFrame
08-13-2012, 14:07

Why, when talking to liberals, do I have to constantly compensate for the fact that I wasn't a slippery child and didn't get dropped, and my parents didn't let me eat paint chips?

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC-hysterical.gif

...Youse guys... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/biggrin.gif

PaulMason
08-13-2012, 16:44
I feel like a real idiot for going to college.

Brucev
08-13-2012, 16:57
"Having a hard time..." Amazing how folks can scream, holler and whine about this sort of peanut stuff while turning a blind eye to and ignoring the rape of America by wall street wingtippers.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 17:14
"Having a hard time..." Amazing how folks can scream, holler and whine about this sort of peanut stuff while turning a blind eye to and ignoring the rape of America by wall street wingtippers.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here, would you please define what you mean by "wall street wingtippers"?

that is a slang term I am unfamiliar with.

If you are referring to someone who works for a company or business in the private sector, then don't bother. There really isn't a comparison to someone making $100,000 of TAXPAYER'S money for writing parking tickets.

Brucev
08-13-2012, 17:19
Just to make sure we are on the same page here, would you please define what you mean by "wall street wingtippers"?

that is a slang term I am unfamiliar with.

If you are referring to someone who works for a company or business in the private sector, then don't bother. There really isn't a comparison to someone making $100,000 of TAXPAYER'S money for writing parking tickets.

You can drive a blind man right up to a mountain, and he'll never see it. He can't. He's blind. He'll never understand. Because he is blind.

PaulMason
08-13-2012, 17:23

Does it make a difference if you are getting raped by a wingtipper or a meter man/maid - there is still a rape going on. :whistling::shocked:

countrygun
08-13-2012, 17:28
You can drive a blind man right up to a mountain, and he'll never see it. He can't. He's blind. He'll never understand. Because he is blind.

No you are the one that is so blind you can't see a difference, and yet you call me blind because I can.

You are just a sad envious hater who doesn't like anyone better off than yourself. they are all the same to you. You are a class warfare pawn.

There is a difference between business profits and union sponsored extortion of taxpayer money.

Brucev
08-15-2012, 22:26
Does it make a difference if you are getting raped by a wingtipper or a meter man/maid - there is still a rape going on. :whistling::shocked: Actually, it does make a difference. The metermaid will only affect the city she works for. The wallsteet wingtippers are one in the same with demokrats... domestic terrorists.

Brucev
08-15-2012, 22:30
No you are the one that is so blind you can't see a difference, and yet you call me blind because I can.

You are just a sad envious hater who doesn't like anyone better off than yourself. they are all the same to you. You are a class warfare pawn.

There is a difference between business profits and union sponsored extortion of taxpayer money.

You need a new leader. When the blind depend on the blind to lead them, both wind up in the ditch.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 22:37
You need a new leader. When the blind depend on the blind to lead them, both wind up in the ditch.

That would be an almost cute quip, if it had anything to do with my post.

You are the one who can't differentiate between two seperate circumstances. Apparently all you can see is two cases of people that have more than you and that is where your sight fails.