Rep. Paul Ryan Passed Two Bills During 13 Years As Congressman [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Paul Ryan Passed Two Bills During 13 Years As Congressman

Flintlocker
08-13-2012, 16:23
Paul Ryan, recently announced as Mitt Romney‘s running mate, has spent about 13 years in Congress. During that time, only two of his bills have become law.

One of those bills came in July 2000 and renamed a post office in Ryan’s district. As the Huffington Post notes, the “post office on 1818 Milton Ave. in Janesville, Wis., is now known as Les Aspin Post Office Building.”

The other came in December 2008, when Ryan tackled the excise tax on arrows (bows and arrows). His bill “amended the Internal Revenue Code to impose a 39-cent tax per arrow shaft, instead of a 12.4 percent tax on the sales price.” (Ryan himself is a bowhunter and took a personal interest in passing that bill.)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rep-paul-ryan-passed-two-bills-during-13-years-as-congressman/

countrygun
08-13-2012, 16:27
What was his percentage of simply voting "present", as compare to oh, say, Obama's as an example?

Blaster
08-13-2012, 16:33
And your point is???

The less Congress does the better! Gridlock is a good thing. Virtually everything the Congress does takes away liberty, rights or private property.

PaulMason
08-13-2012, 16:36
I'm thinking less laws are a good thing for our freedom. :supergrin:

countrygun
08-13-2012, 16:38
I'm thinking less laws are a good thing for our freedom. :supergrin:

That isn't a very leftist way of thinking

:supergrin:

Flintlocker
08-13-2012, 16:45
Here's one of his first votes in Congress:

HR 2122 - Mandatory Gun Show Background Check Act - Key Vote

National Key Votes
[/URL]
Paul Ryan voted Yea (Passage) on this legislation.

[URL]http://votesmart.org/bill/3005/8155/26344/mandatory-gun-show-background-check-act (http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/26344/paul-ryan)

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 16:50
The fewer times any congressional idiot votes on anything, the better off we all are. I don't hold this against Ryan. Rather, I view him with contempt for being an enemy of the common citizen, and a champion of an ever-growing government.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 16:51
:yawn:

You still aren't coming close to making Obama/Biden look any less a threat to the Country than they were a week ago.

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 17:01
:yawn:

You still aren't coming close to making Obama/Biden look any less a threat to the Country than they were a week ago.
The threat is our out of control federal government. Neither candidate will work to change the fact that we're dead set on a course to financial ruin. Their policies differ slightly, but the outcome remains the same in the end.

Kablam
08-13-2012, 17:09
I don't know the numbers exactly, but since they're small statisitically I'd say it sounds about like Ron Paul's success at influencing the outcome of the gov through passing, or blocking, meaningful legislation.

By the way, what do you machine?

LASTRESORT20
08-13-2012, 17:18
The threat is our out of control federal government. Neither candidate will work to change the fact that we're dead set on a course to financial ruin. Their policies differ slightly, but the outcome remains the same in the end.

And who caused Triple the most Damage.....?
Their Policies are completely opposite of one another....Only a Lemming or a `sly` foolish (Closet Liberal) would throw in the towel and accept 4 more years of Berry....:yawn:

series1811
08-13-2012, 17:19
Poor Flintlicker. Only a liberal Democrat could possibly think that less laws are bad.

Talk about a DU fail!!!

What part of "conservative" do you not understand? We all think there are too many laws. Two laws passed in 13 years is two laws too many for most of us.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 17:23

And your plan to replace the political system that includes politicians would be?

Oh and by the way the rules say you have to do it with the support of, at least nearly, the majority of voters.

So far, you seem to be lacking a plan or the needed support, so what do you have in mind, a coup to replace them with you and your "elite" buddies?

All you are doing is howling at the moon. Other people, like the TEA party are trying to make significnt changes because they are still part of the process, unlike the Rongoloids who have taken there ball and gone home.

Flintlocker
08-13-2012, 17:59
Poor Flintlicker. Only a liberal Democrat could possibly think that less laws are bad.

Talk about a DU fail!!!

What part of "conservative" do you not understand? We all think there are too many laws. Two laws passed in 13 years is two laws too many for most of us.

That's not to say he didn't try. Since 1999 he's sponsored 75 laws.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 18:16
That's not to say he didn't try. Since 1999 he's sponsored 75 laws.

You really don't know much about how it works, do you?

madbaumer
08-13-2012, 18:18
Its not his job or duty to create, sponsor or vote yes on bills just to show numbers. Its his job to "protect the citizens of his district from an overbearing and oppressive federal government!"

Many fail to understand this including the ones sitting in Congress.

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 19:16
By the way, what do you machine?
Mostly parts for Xerox, Intel, and Nike, lately. The machines they use for R&D can't be bought in stores, so they design things from scratch, and utilize local machine shops and to build nearly every component imaginable to hold silicon wafers, heat up printer's ink, or stomp a new shoe 10,000 times. Actually, I do mostly programming these days. I have plantar fasciitis in my feet, and I can't run mills and lathes all day. So I program them, and make more money, to boot. :supergrin:

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 19:27
And your plan to replace the political system that includes politicians would be?
My plan is simply to do what one man alone can do - vote my conscience, and not be taken in by obvious party hacks who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Do you understand what dire financial straits this country is in? Do you have an inkling of what's going to happen to the way of life as we know it when our economy collapses? You could tax every American at 100% and not pay for the future entitlement spending in the years to come. Did you see the mobs forming around local Atlanta human services offices when welfare checks went out one day late? Imagine the chaos to come when it vanishes entirely.

It's a mathematical certainty. Romney is no different than Obama in this regard. As I said before, neither of than have plans to do anything other than spend us into higher and higher debt.

I get that Obama is scum. Truly, I do. Personally, I don't even believe he's an American citizen. But he's an obvious enemy. His intentions are broadcast from miles away. Romney, on the other hand, tells you what you want to hear. Ryan does the same thing, yet neither of these men's policies spell anything other than financial ruin for us. For them to charge headlong into disaster, while telling us they're going to "save America", means their nothing but a 5th column. I look upon that with even more contempt than Obama's naked aggression.

No, that does not mean I'm a shill for him. I would pound my balls flat with a rubber mallet before I ever voted for him - or Romney.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 19:46
My plan is simply to do what one man alone can do - vote my conscience, and not be taken in by obvious party hacks who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Do you understand what dire financial straits this country is in? Do you have an inkling of what's going to happen to the way of life as we know it when our economy collapses? You could tax every American at 100% and not pay for the future entitlement spending in the years to come. Did you see the mobs forming around local Atlanta human services offices when welfare checks went out one day late? Imagine the chaos to come when it vanishes entirely.

It's a mathematical certainty. Romney is no different than Obama in this regard. As I said before, neither of than have plans to do anything other than spend us into higher and higher debt.

I get that Obama is scum. Truly, I do. Personally, I don't even believe he's an American citizen. But he's an obvious enemy. His intentions are broadcast from miles away. Romney, on the other hand, tells you what you want to hear. Ryan does the same thing, yet neither of these men's policies spell anything other than financial ruin for us. For them to charge headlong into disaster, while telling us they're going to "save America", means their nothing but a 5th column. I look upon that with even more contempt than Obama's naked aggression.

No, that does not mean I'm a shill for him. I would pound my balls flat with a rubber mallet before I ever voted for him - or Romney.

ItI certainly is your right to have no effect if you don't want to.

It is certainly your right to tell yourself you hold some moral high ground and engage in some ethical ************ fantasy.

But, here is the thing I don't get. I haven't seen you acquire one new convert to your philosophy here. We are basically slugging it out over who will actually win the election. So what, besides self pleasuring, are you accomplishing by chanting for the the political apocalypse that you pray will bring about paradise, when two sides are going at it in the real world for real stakes?

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 20:05

It is certainly your right to tell yourself you hold some moral high ground and engage in some ethical ************ fantasy.

But, here is the thing I don't get. I haven't seen you acquire one new convert to your philosophy here. We are basically slugging it out over who will actually win the election. So what, besides self pleasuring, are you accomplishing by chanting for the the political apocalypse that you pray will bring about paradise, when two sides are going at it in the real world for real stakes?
That's nice, but I'm curious to how you respond to the fact that Romney will only add to our debt, and has no plan to reign in spending. Are you even capable of acknowledging that, and are you even the least bit aware of how this economic shell game is going to play out?

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:08
That's nice, but I'm curious to how you respond to the fact that Romney will only add to our debt, and has no plan to reign in spending. Are you even capable of acknowledging that, and are you even the least bit aware of how this economic shell game is going to play out?

In the words of RAH's character "Lazarus Long"

"Of course the game is rigged, but you can't win if you don't play"

JFrame
08-13-2012, 20:10
Between Joe Biden and Matchlock, it's evident that the left has already scraped the bottom of the barrel in ways to attack Paul Ryan. :cool:

Bruce H
08-13-2012, 20:19
In thirteen months Flintlocker has passed more hot air than the sahara desert.

samurairabbi
08-13-2012, 20:23
The phrasing of the report about "only two bills" misleads; what really happened is that there were only two bills carrying Ryan's name in the TITLE of the bill. Getting one's name on the bill is really a bureaucratic ego trip thing.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:38
The phrasing of the report about "only two bills" misleads; what really happened is that there were only two bills carrying Ryan's name in the TITLE of the bill. Getting one's name on the bill is really a bureaucratic ego trip thing.

Indeed, the media coverage of high profile bills has given the unknowing in the public a distorted view of how the process proceeds for most legislation.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:47
Let's look at either ron Pauls record or Obama's and compare.

Ryan is only the VP candidate and has a better record than either of them.

One again, flintlicker delivers

:upeyes:

QNman
08-13-2012, 21:29

Don't buy into the graphs and projections too thoroughly. Ryan's budget and Obama's graph similarly given the same growth in the economy, but the nuts and bolts of the two plans figure far differently in that regard. Ryan's plan at least starts the conversation about Medicare and Social Security. Obama's "plan" addresses neither.

Woofie
08-13-2012, 21:33
Mostly parts for Xerox, Intel, and Nike, lately. The machines they use for R&D can't be bought in stores, so they design things from scratch, and utilize local machine shops and to build nearly every component imaginable to hold silicon wafers, heat up printer's ink, or stomp a new shoe 10,000 times. Actually, I do mostly programming these days. I have plantar fasciitis in my feet, and I can't run mills and lathes all day. So I program them, and make more money, to boot. :supergrin:

So does that mean you are proficient as a PLC programmer?

Glock30Eric
08-14-2012, 04:55

That's why Obama is going to win. Those people doesn't want to lose their Gov't candies, so they will vote Obama.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ChuteTheMall
08-14-2012, 05:35
My plan is simply to do what one man alone can do - vote my conscience..... I would pound my balls flat with a rubber mallet before I ever voted for him - or Romney.

Do whatever you like, you are already politically impotent and your futile sanctimonious gesture won't turn even one of your state's electoral votes.....assuming that you are even a likely voter on Obama's "The Left Coast."

Your vote doesn't count. Your opinion means nothing. Noise.

Wait, let him finish with the rubber mallet.:shocked:

Let's look at either ron Pauls record or Obama's and compare.

Only ONE bill authored and sponsored by Ron Paul ever passed, and it sold a small government building to a museum; but he has served in Congress a lot longer than that upstart Paul Ryan. Maybe someday he could have passed a second bill if he hadn't run out of time.
:fred:

The Machinist
08-14-2012, 05:41
Your vote doesn't count. Your opinion means nothing. Noise.
Since you're an advocate of a big government, and increased debt to fund it, then I guess your vote will count toward that end. Congratulations.

Lethaltxn
08-14-2012, 05:50
Since you're an advocate of a big government, and increased debt to fund it, then I guess your vote will count toward that end. Congratulations.

So now if we aren't for your position, we're automatically for the complete opposite end of the spectrum?

That tactic sounds familiar, absolutes.

Skyhook
08-14-2012, 06:28
Wait!

Didn't Ryan accomplish something the entire Democrat mob could not accomplish in three (3) (almost four ) years?

Something about a national budget?:whistling:

series1811
08-14-2012, 06:30
Wait!

Didn't Ryan accomplish something the entire Democrat mob could not accomplish in three (3) (almost four ) years?

Something about a national budget?:whistling:

Oh, SNAP! You just had to bring that up didn't you? :supergrin:

Obama plans to submit a budget..... in his next term. He promises!

Bren
08-14-2012, 07:56
Paul Ryan, recently announced as Mitt Romney‘s running mate, has spent about 13 years in Congress. During that time, only two of his bills have become law.

One of those bills came in July 2000 and renamed a post office in Ryan’s district. As the Huffington Post notes, the “post office on 1818 Milton Ave. in Janesville, Wis., is now known as Les Aspin Post Office Building.”

The other came in December 2008, when Ryan tackled the excise tax on arrows (bows and arrows). His bill “amended the Internal Revenue Code to impose a 39-cent tax per arrow shaft, instead of a 12.4 percent tax on the sales price.” (Ryan himself is a bowhunter and took a personal interest in passing that bill.)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rep-paul-ryan-passed-two-bills-during-13-years-as-congressman/

Seems like I read that Ron Paul has been in 8 terms and only 1 bill he sponsored ever became law. I'd imagine a very large percentage of U.S. Representative never sponsor a bill that becomes law.

However, "how many bills he sponsored have become law" is a pretty meaningless measure of what a congressman does. They are there to make laws, but it makes no difference whether they are the sponsor of a particular law. They collectively debate and pass laws for the whole country - it's not like each one shows up with a bunch of laws just for his district - other than things like renaming post offices.

Kablam
08-14-2012, 09:01
So now if we aren't for your position, we're automatically for the complete opposite end of the spectrum?

That tactic sounds familiar, absolutes.

Alinski's "Rules for Radicals"

whoflungdo
08-14-2012, 09:09
You really don't know much about how it works, do you?

You could of stopped there... Flintlocker loves the weather reports though...

JFrame
08-14-2012, 09:10

RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

FFR Spyder GT
08-14-2012, 09:13
The threat is our out of control federal government. .

Isn't Ryan a big part of that Gov't?

kirgi08
08-14-2012, 09:57
:popcorn:

She's about ta get her arse kicked.'08.

countrygun
08-14-2012, 10:09
Seems like I read that Ron Paul has been in 8 terms and only 1 bill he sponsored ever became law. I'd imagine a very large percentage of U.S. Representative never sponsor a bill that becomes law.

However, "how many bills he sponsored have become law" is a pretty meaningless measure of what a congressman does. They are there to make laws, but it makes no difference whether they are the sponsor of a particular law. They collectively debate and pass laws for the whole country - it's not like each one shows up with a bunch of laws just for his district - other than things like renaming post offices.

I completely agree and the only reason I went for comparing records was to show what a tool Flintlicker is. Although it is hard to believe that he is so stupid as to use congressional record as a yardstick when measure in this manner, since, by his standard of measure, neither Obama or Paul measure up.

Methinks the little tool is actually doing test sampling for Democratic Underground, and finding out which topics they are weak on.

Of course, in the case of attacking Ryan, their S***s going to be weak all the way around.

(ps, I don't think Flintlicker is the only DU stooge in the place , just a hunch dontcha know)

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 10:12
In thirteen months Flintlocker has passed more hot air than the sahara desert.

And used up at least two screen names.

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 10:29

Big?? He's only one of 536 members of congress, which is only one branch.

Now Barry has a high profile job, and his mistakes are easily seen.

Ruble Noon
08-14-2012, 10:45

So that's what all the statists on GT are doing to those that disagree with their big government aspirations, employing Alinski's tactics on them.

Thanks, I'll remind them of that the next time they call one of GT's libertarians an obama supporter for not voting for Romney.

kirgi08
08-14-2012, 10:46
Doc,sense has no reason.'08.

JFrame
08-14-2012, 10:47
Big?? He's only one of 536 members of congress, which is only one branch.

Now Barry has a high profile job, and his mistakes intentional acts of graft and nation-hamstringing policies are easily seen.

Sorry, Doc -- but I didn't think you'd mind a bit of judicious editing. :)

Kablam
08-14-2012, 10:58
So that's what all the statists on GT are doing to those that disagree with their big government aspirations, employing Alinski's tactics on them.

Thanks, I'll remind them of that the next time they call one of GT's libertarians an obama supporter for not voting for Romney.

No. I don't think that your comparison holds. You know why so I won't get into a parsing discussion with you.

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 11:51
Sorry, Doc -- but I didn't think you'd mind a bit of judicious editing. :)

For you? No problem, I like yours better.

Cavalry Doc
08-14-2012, 11:59
A little birdie told me that about 3000 union members are planning on marching on the Venetian hotel in Vegas, from the Paris hotel. Paul Ryan is supposed to be there.

Anyone know anyone in the Romney Campaign?

JFrame
08-14-2012, 12:01
For you? No problem, I like yours better.

:cheers:

countrygun
08-14-2012, 12:03

Get with it, don't you know we have have renounced the term "statist" We prefer to be called "the Man" or "The Establishment" like you hippies used to when we oppressed you years ago.

Skyhook
08-14-2012, 12:14
And Obama said, 'Present'.

:whistling:

series1811
08-14-2012, 12:23
And Obama said, 'Present'.

:whistling:

And, was a Senator for a whole 143 days before running for President.

And, yet, enough morons were lead in the same direction to elect him.

The strange thing isn't that Obama doesn't have a clue, with his background and experience. The strange thing would be if did with that resume.

Skyhook
08-14-2012, 12:55
And, was a Senator for a whole 143 days before running for President.

And, yet, enough morons were lead in the same direction to elect him.

The strange thing isn't that Obama doesn't have a clue, with his background and experience. The strange thing would be if did with that resume.

Reminds me of a poster I recently saw: 'Obama, you didn't do that, Soros did that".

Money, propaganda, massive ignorance, voting based upon 'Hope-n-Change'. Who saw that coming?:faint:

The Machinist
08-14-2012, 19:03
Yeah. In case you missed it, his buddy Romney isn't getting my vote. Neither is Obama.

jakebrake
08-14-2012, 19:06
What was his percentage of simply voting "present", as compare to oh, say, Obama's as an example?

or, the amout of defecit spending.

feather, you're gonna waste all of this time thinking anyone believes your d.u. talking points at this stage?

The Machinist
08-14-2012, 19:11
Get with it, don't you know we have have renounced the term "statist" We prefer to be called "the Man" or "The Establishment" like you hippies used to when we oppressed you years ago.
It's simply astonishing at how wrong you can be, and how wide you always miss the mark. A statist is someone who advocates, and votes for, more government authority. That would be someone like you.

Speaking of "getting with it", this isn't the 60's anymore. The country you remember is no more. It's been hacked at the roots by progressives for a hundred years now, and you just keep voting for them. That's the difference between you and me. You'll vote for liberals all day long, and I won't.

stopatrain
08-14-2012, 19:35
So what!

Fed Five Oh
08-14-2012, 19:54
It's simply astonishing at how wrong you can be, and how wide you always miss the mark. A statist is someone who advocates, and votes for, more government authority. That would be someone like you.Your 3rd party vote could cause more government authority, so, wouldn't that make you a statist?

Pretty sure 0bama would refer to third party voters as useful idiots. I wouldn't refer to you as that though.

series1811
08-15-2012, 06:41
Yeah. In case you missed it, his buddy Romney isn't getting my vote. Neither is Obama.

So, you're just shouting out plays from the bench? :dunno:

Cavalry Doc
08-15-2012, 12:16
Your 3rd party vote could cause more government authority, so, wouldn't that make you a statist?

Pretty sure 0bama would refer to third party voters as useful idiots. I wouldn't refer to you as that though.

In this case, the means justify the end, to some.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 12:20

No, he isn't on the bench of anyone in the game. He is just shouting from the cheap seats.

:faint:

The Machinist
08-15-2012, 16:52
Your 3rd party vote could cause more government authority, so, wouldn't that make you a statist?

In this case, the means justify the end, to some.

No, he isn't on the bench of anyone in the game. He is just shouting from the cheap seats.

:faint:
Are any of you guys going to tell me why people like Romney and Ryan deserve my vote? It's not because they're good with money. It's not because they believe in limited government. For what reason should I discard my principles to give my sanction to people who undermine the Constitution?

Lethaltxn
08-15-2012, 17:12
Are any of you guys going to tell me why people like Romney and Ryan deserve my vote? It's not because they're good with money. It's not because they believe in limited government. For what reason should I discard my principles to give my sanction to people who undermine the Constitution?

Who are you voting for or congress?
Let's remember even if Ron Paul had won, he would not have total authority to do everything you want.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 17:17

How about we try a novel approach.

Why don't you explain what great changes your vote, for someone not even in the race, will make in the Country?

I don't mean self-gratification-wise or "I'll show them", but what policy, program, will it change?

If it doesn't why are you wastng other people's time talking about how you re going to do nothing?

QNman
08-15-2012, 18:14

Because they're currently the only pair that have an opportunity to unseat Obama and Uncle Joe. Because with all their warts, they are an improvement over the alternative. Because as much big spending as they will certainly do, they will reduce it, if only marginally.

But the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. At the very, very least, Ryan's selection makes fiscal responsibility and a real address of the entitlement programs, a part of the GOP lexicon. We are DISCUSSING it... and regardless of the fact that Ryan's plan barely puts a scratch on Medicare, the leftists are already out scaring Grandma that the "mean old Republican" is going to cost them money.

My daily fiction from the campaign headquarter of the Chicago machine today reads, in part:

Friend --

This weekend, Mitt Romney chose the intellectual leader of the Tea Party as his nominee for vice president. By doing so, Romney catered to the far right and doubled down on the failed top-down economic policies that crashed our economy and hurt the middle class.

It's our job to make sure the voters get the facts about their plans -- and to get President Obama's back as Romney and his new running mate Paul Ryan launch more misleading attacks. Take a look at the items below, and be sure others do too:

#1 Ending Medicare as we know it

Romney and Ryan are committed to a plan that would end Medicare as we know it. They would create a voucher system that would increase seniors' health costs. Ryan even proposed a plan, which Romney endorsed, that would increase costs for seniors by $6,350 a year. To cover for their own plan, they have been distorting the President's record. They have labeled the $700 billion that Obamacare saved from trimming excessive payments to corporate insurance companies as "Medicare cuts." That's false, as Paul Ryan should know -- he includes these savings in his own budget. Check out this video of Florida voters responding to the Romney-Ryan plan to end Medicare as we know it to pay for a tax break for millionaires and billionaires, and share it with others:

Clearly, even though this is complete bullspit, this is where we are. How much more of a proposal would gain ANY traction?

Let's keep our eyes on the prize and take the small victories where we can. Who knows, enough small victories, we may be talking "real money"... The only thing for certain is where the current path ends.

frizz
08-15-2012, 18:17

Talk about a DU fail!!!

Yet another ad hominem "argument."

A new GTer with a few posts or an established GTer with over 300 posts...
EITHER ONE MUST BE A DU PLANT BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME 100%!!!! GAAAA!! MY HEAD HURTS!!! WHERE ARE MY PILLS? LIB-RULS ARE EVERYWHERE!! LEFTISTS CAN FLY!! LIB-RULS FEAR FRUIT!!! MY DOG IS A DU AGENT!! GAAAAH!!
\
:tinfoil:

Accusing people who disagree with you of being from the DU doesn't help your credibility.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 18:26
Yet another ad hominem "argument."

A new GTer with a few posts or an established GTer with over 300 posts...
EITHER ONE MUST BE A DU PLANT BECAUSE THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME 100%!!!! GAAAA!! MY HEAD HURTS!!! WHERE ARE MY PILLS? LIB-RULS ARE EVERYWHERE!! LEFTISTS CAN FLY!! LIB-RULS FEAR FRUIT!!! MY DOG IS A DU AGENT!! GAAAAH!!
\
:tinfoil:

Accusing people who disagree with you of being from the DU doesn't help your credibility.

You obviously haven't been around long enough to to know the players and the game that has been going on here, or you are choosing to ignore it.

I would hold back my grandiose exclamations were I you.

frizz
08-15-2012, 18:52
You obviously haven't been around long enough to to know the players and the game that has been going on here, or you are choosing to ignore it.

Point taken.

But I have seen the same pattern on other discussion sites.

What is such a shame is that the people who hold views are very insulting towards those with other views, and they don't have a chance of winning anyone over. I think some of the super-abrasive here have some worthwhile observations, but it isn't worth wading through the picket of insults to see them.

Ruble Noon
08-15-2012, 20:36

Why don't you explain what great changes your vote, for someone not even in the race, will make in the Country?

I don't mean self-gratification-wise or "I'll show them", but what policy, program, will it change?

If it doesn't why are you wastng other people's time talking about how you re going to do nothing?

You just can't stand it can you? You can't stand the fact that people would actually stand for small government and vote accordingly. Not you though, certainly not you. No, you just play lip service to the idea of conservatism while whoring yourself out to the liberals and progressives that have infiltrated the republican party.

Ruble Noon
08-15-2012, 20:38

And you have been around here how long? Looks like March of 2012, unless of course, your current screen name is not your first on GT. :whistling:

countrygun
08-15-2012, 20:47
And you have been around here how long? Looks like March of 2012, unless of course, your current screen name is not your first on GT. :whistling:

Unlike you I still have my original name. And unlike you I am trying to get Obama out of the White House.

The Machinist
08-15-2012, 20:55
How about you stop dodging questions by responding with more inane questions? :upeyes:

coastal4974
08-15-2012, 20:59

Who gives a crap. :yawn:

Ruble Noon
08-15-2012, 21:11
Unlike you I still have my original name. And unlike you I am trying to get Obama out of the White House.

Unlike you, I am trying to get a conservative in the Oval office. You know, some of us are really conservatives. I'm sure you can't understand that though and will still scream liberal at whomever dares to challenge you neocons.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 21:12
How about you stop dodging questions by responding with more inane questions? :upeyes:

The answers you seek are in the threads around you. grasshopper. Besides you are not seeking answers or looking to understand you are merely looking for things to post false arguments about.

as to asking you a question, an answer from you would be inane, what was I thinking:dunno:

kirgi08
08-16-2012, 00:08
Unlike you, I am trying to get a conservative in the Oval office. You know, some of us are really conservatives. I'm sure you can't understand that though and will still scream liberal at whomever dares to challenge you neocons.

There is not an electable "conservative" running.As ta your "neocon" comment,we are voting ta remove obama.Youse gotta start somewhere.

As ta the rest of the noise out and about,it's non-sensical.He must go if their is even a chance ta salvage this nation.If the election goes the way we plan/pray for,the houses can forestall any out the way thing Romney tries.

The main goal is ta keep obama away from the scotus,that should be our end game.'08.

chickenwing
08-16-2012, 01:38
Ryan gets a plus in my book for this in regards to the OP.

series1811
08-16-2012, 04:43

It does when I'm right.

kirgi08
08-16-2012, 05:00
:whip:

QNman
08-16-2012, 06:50
Because they're currently the only pair that have an opportunity to unseat Obama and Uncle Joe. Because with all their warts, they are an improvement over the alternative. Because as much big spending as they will certainly do, they will reduce it, if only marginally.

But the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. At the very, very least, Ryan's selection makes fiscal responsibility and a real address of the entitlement programs, a part of the GOP lexicon. We are DISCUSSING it... and regardless of the fact that Ryan's plan barely puts a scratch on Medicare, the leftists are already out scaring Grandma that the "mean old Republican" is going to cost them money.

My daily fiction from the campaign headquarter of the Chicago machine today reads, in part:

Clearly, even though this is complete bullspit, this is where we are. How much more of a proposal would gain ANY traction?

Let's keep our eyes on the prize and take the small victories where we can. Who knows, enough small victories, we may be talking "real money"... The only thing for certain is where the current path ends.

Ahem... Anyone? Ruble? Machinist? No comment at all?

Ruble, I get your position. I, for one, will not participate in calling fellow conservatives "liberals" if the libertarians will try to refrain from labeling all those with a willingness to take incremental steps as "neocons".

We all fight for a common cause - movement back to the right. How we fight and how far we wish to move right is a matter for debate, but not a matter which should divide us. The left does not suffer from division within the party as to HOW much left they are going, so long as it doesn't move back to the right. At some level, we must do the same, if only in civil discourse amongst one another.

BuzznRose
08-16-2012, 07:08
We all fight for a common cause - movement back to the right. How we fight and how far we wish to move right is a matter for debate, but not a matter which should divide us. The left does not suffer from division within the party as to HOW much left they are going, so long as it doesn't move back to the right. At some level, we must do the same, if only in civil discourse amongst one another.

Agree! We may never get back to full constitutionalism, so any progress towards the Jeffersonian Governing will be positive IMHO.

This election offers an opportunity to gain significant ground back from the liberal progressives.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JFrame
08-16-2012, 08:39
Ruble, I get your position. I, for one, will not participate in calling fellow conservatives "liberals" if the libertarians will try to refrain from labeling all those with a willingness to take incremental steps as "neocons".

Well said, Q. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_clap.gif

SMSTRICK
08-16-2012, 11:57
Paul Ryan,....
Voted for the Patriot Act.
Voted to make the Patriot Act permanent in 2005.
Voted for the NDAA
Voted YES on allowing electronic wiretapping without warrant.
Voted for CISPA (cyber security / Privacy bugaboo)
Voted YES on 700 Billion TARP
Voted YES on 15 Billion bailout for GM and Chrysler.
Voted YES on "BIG GOV" expansion of education on "No Child Left Behind."
Voted YES for 192 Billion additional anti recession stimulus spending in 2009.
Voted NO on removing "indefinite detainment" in the NDAA.
Ryan supports NAFTA and WTO as stated in a speech that he gave in 2009 at the Council On Foreign Relations (CFR)
He voted YES on the massive highway spending bill,.."The Bridge To Nowhere."

Ryan has done everything that real conservatives and TEA PARTY members have been fighting against for the past four to five years. Ryan IS NOT a conservative,...PERIOD. He has a voting record to prove it,...I do not have to, it speaks for itself.

Every reason for why so many have fought so hard against Obama from getting elected the first go around,...Ryan has done. Ryan is BIG GOVERNMENT,...IS NOT a conservative and spends like a three dollar whore on crack.

I DO NOT want to see Obama re-elected. On the other hand,....I am not so stupid as to either think or believe that we stand a snow balls chance in hell with this little yahoo pip squeak and his flip flopping "Mr. Nice Guy" running mate who just so happens to support homosexuals in becoming Boy Scout leaders in protest of this Christian organization setting standards.......YEA,...I guess that ole Mitt is a conservative too,.....right ? (He never has been,....never will be)

The Machinist
08-16-2012, 17:00
Ahem... Anyone? Ruble? Machinist? No comment at all?
I hear what you're saying. Truly, I do. But honestly, I tire of hearing it every election. "This one means everything!" "You have to vote the lesser of two evils!" "If you don't vote for the R, you're no better than a D!"

All the while, this country does nothing but slide further left, and accrue more debt, resulting in less and less freedom. It's been a losing proposition, and I it's safe to say that the incremental approach to conservatism is a day late and a dollar short. A lot of conservatives think I'm a traitor, or a secret Obama supporter, but those are just dishonest attempts to mask even more dishonesty. None of them will admit that their efforts to ratchet the country rightward are failing.

Since my first presidential election in 2000, I have lost more freedom than I have gained. The one freedom I did regain was after the AWB expired. Mind you, that happened on it's own, and was not the result of anyone in Congress actually representing the people. Other than that, my list of freedoms has dwindled under both parties. The liberties we do have, all have strings attached to them.

I'm done with these clowns. I'm not playing their game. They took my lunch, and want me to beg them to give it back as they toss it back and forth over my head. Well the corrupt bastards can keep it. I'm done.

QNman
08-16-2012, 17:19
I hear what you're saying. Truly, I do. But honestly, I tire of hearing it every election. "This one means everything!" "You have to vote the lesser of two evils!" "If you don't vote for the R, you're no better than a D!"

All the while, this country does nothing but slide further left, and accrue more debt, resulting in less and less freedom. It's been a losing proposition, and I it's safe to say that the incremental approach to conservatism is a day late and a dollar short. A lot of conservatives think I'm a traitor, or a secret Obama supporter, but those are just dishonest attempts to mask even more dishonesty. None of them will admit that their efforts to ratchet the country rightward are failing.

Since my first presidential election in 2000, I have lost more freedom than I have gained. The one freedom I did regain was after the AWB expired. Mind you, that happened on it's own, and was not the result of anyone in Congress actually representing the people. Other than that, my list of freedoms has dwindled under both parties. The liberties we do have, all have strings attached to them.

I'm done with these clowns. I'm not playing their game. They took my lunch, and want me to beg them to give it back as they toss it back and forth over my head. Well the corrupt bastards can keep it. I'm done.

I get that. I know where you are... I was there too. In 1992.

I do not hold you in any contempt for following your heart. Having been there and done that, I will not cast stones for your doing the same.

Too, I agree with you. Truly, and 100%, as to direction. Neither side is a "solution", but rather a very bad and a not so bad.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make - is that we have more in common than we don't. We just see different paths to the future. So let's agree not to resort to name-calling (not "you" Machinist, but "you" in the general sense), and agree that we are all fighting for the right cause. Instead, let's debate the merits of our personal positions, using thoughtfulness and facts, and may the better side of the argument win over the most voters.

Gundude
08-16-2012, 17:25
Only ONE bill authored and sponsored by Ron Paul ever passed, and it sold a small government building to a museum; but he has served in Congress a lot longer than that upstart Paul Ryan. Maybe someday he could have passed a second bill if he hadn't run out of time.
:fred:

Only a liberal Democrat could possibly think that less laws are bad.

Chute, you gonna take that insult lying down?

QNman
08-16-2012, 18:48
Chute, you gonna take that insult lying down?

Perhaps chute recognizes the comment for what it was, and realizes he does not need to defend any such claim.

Why stick your ladle into it? Let it be.