Rombama [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rombama

Yessir How High
08-13-2012, 17:17
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/118098.html

They are alike.

I guess Romney's supporters haven't figured that out yet.

LOL

JBnTX
08-13-2012, 17:20

But you Obama supporters sure have.

series1811
08-13-2012, 17:22

They are alike.

LOL

So, you will be voting for Romney then, right? No difference (except Romney actually has a resume, so that should break the tie, right?).

Kablam
08-13-2012, 18:26

They are alike.

LOL

Cause Lew says so. :rofl::rofl:

Cavalry Doc
08-13-2012, 19:13

They are alike.

LOL

They are alike in some ways. Ron Paul and Barry are alike in some ways.

Of the choices we have left, there are differences. If you choose to see, the differences are there.

Do whatever you want, but be honest about it.

G19G20
08-13-2012, 19:33
They are alike in some ways. Ron Paul and Barry are alike in some ways.

Name one way Ron Paul and Obama are alike. Show me one thing that Obama has done in his first term that coincides with Ron Paul's views. Just one.

Of the choices we have left, there are differences. If you choose to see, the differences are there.

Name one based on Romney's record and Obama's record. No identity politics crap.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 19:43
Name one way Ron Paul and Obama are alike. Show me one thing that Obama has done in his first term that coincides with Ron Paul's views. Just one.

I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot.

D

Lethaltxn
08-13-2012, 19:50
I tell you what, when you guys who are so upset with Romney find the perfect candidate, you tell us all about them and we'll vote them in.

sugarcreek
08-13-2012, 19:53
There is a WORLD of difference between Romney/Ryan and Obama/Biden.

It is BIG.

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 19:54

It is BIG.
Every Romney supporter says that, but they never articulate what the differences are.

Stubudd
08-13-2012, 19:56
Cause Lew says so. :rofl::rofl:

I didn't see Lew say a single word in that video

countrygun
08-13-2012, 19:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19304577#post19304577)
I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot.

Well guys here is what Romney put forth as his 5 point plan yesterday in High Point NC,

1. Energy independent North America using all resources including renewables.

2 .Education, give our children the skills to succeed.

3. Make international trade fair to America.

4. Reduce government spending and balance the budget.

5. Support small business. Make it good to build a business again.

So it you guys are right and Ron Paul is nothing like Romney, I would say that Romney IS the better choice since Ron Paul must be against those things according to you.

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 20:07
Well guys here is what Romney put forth as his 5 point plan yesterday in High Point NC,

:faint:

You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously going to take these super-vague campaign promises at face value?

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:09
:faint:

You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously going to take these super-vague campaign promises at face value?

what do you care? you're out of it anyway.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 20:10

It is BIG.

Indeed, the two sides of the equation look vastly different but, there is still an equal sign between the two. It's either welfare or warfare. Either way, the money gets spent and the nation suffers.

D

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 20:16
what do you care? you're out of it anyway.
So that's a yes. I'm a bit dismayed, but not at all surprised.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19304577#post19304577)

So it you guys are right and Ron Paul is nothing like Romney, I would say that Romney IS the better choice since Ron Paul must be against those things according to you.

All great ideas, save for #2 (I've got real issues with government schools), but what in Romney's political past makes you believe he will actually do anything he says? You don't really believe he's actually going to reduce government spending and balance the budget, do you? By balance the budget, does he mean he's going to keep increasing spending but only at the projected rates? What a farce.

D

IvanVic
08-13-2012, 20:29
Every Romney supporter says that, but they never articulate what the differences are.

If you start the conversation by claiming that they are the same politician, then I'm guessing that people just don't bother to waste their time.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:34
All great ideas, save for #2 (I've got real issues with government schools), but what in Romney's political past makes you believe he will actually do anything he says? You don't really believe he's actually going to reduce government spending and balance the budget, do you? By balance the budget, does he mean he's going to keep increasing spending but only at the projected rates? What a farce.

D

The question is still on the table,

"I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot."

So would Ron Paul support those things or not? If he did. wouldn't that make he and Romney alike?

Remember, Paul is just a politician too, no reason to take is word either, but would he SAY he supported those things?

The Machinist
08-13-2012, 20:37
If you start the conversation by claiming that they are the same politician, then I'm guessing that people just don't bother to waste their time.
I'm guessing instead, that there are no fundamental difference between the candidates.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 20:38

IvanVic, you fit the mold just perfectly. From your few posts here I can only conclude that the ONLY consideration you will ever make is the party line, media chosen dem or repub as the only viable candidate. Sadly, this is a huge part of the reason there will be no real change in this election cycle.

D

barbedwiresmile
08-13-2012, 20:39

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I especially like #4..... :rofl:

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 20:46
The question is still on the table,

"I was thinking the same thing. Then I thought of every thing an individual prefers, and that some smat ***** would say they are alike in the running shoes they wear. More than just generally speaking, they are not alike by a long shot."

So would Ron Paul support those things or not? If he did. wouldn't that make he and Romney alike?

Remember, Paul is just a politician too, no reason to take is word either, but would he SAY he supported those things?

Voting record, my friend. Voting record. Also has Mitt ever actually done any of the things he states he will do (mind you on a smaller scale)? Why don't you look up the budget of Ron Paul's congressional district while he has been at the wheel. To save you the time, he's returned money to the treasury every year.

I was going to tell you to look up their voting record but I'll go ahead and post links for you. Please take a close look at who voted on what and how they voted. Very telling.

Ron Paul
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/296/

Mitt Romney
http://votesmart.org/candidate/21942/mitt-romney

D

countrygun
08-13-2012, 20:54
Voting record, my friend. Voting record. Also has Mitt ever actually done any of the things he states he will do (mind you on a smaller scale)? Why don't you look up the budget of Ron Paul's congressional district while he has been at the wheel. To save you the time, he's returned money to the treasury every year.

I was going to tell you to look up their voting record but I'll go ahead and post links for you. Please take a close look at who voted on what and how they voted. Very telling.

Ron Paul
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/296/

Mitt Romney
http://votesmart.org/candidate/21942/mitt-romney

D

Just exactly how many bills did Ron Paul author, in all those years, that became law? isn't it close to "one"?

How many bills that he sponsored went no where, isn't it close to 900?

How many things DID he ACTUALLY accomplish in return for his paycheck? How much legislation did he puxh through that actually helped his constituency?

How much of it was idealistic pablum that couldn't get out of comittee?

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 21:03
Just exactly how many bills did Ron Paul author, in all those years, that became law? isn't it close to "one"?

How many bills that he sponsored went no where, isn't it close to 900?

How many things DID he ACTUALLY accomplish in return for his paycheck? How much legislation did he puxh through that actually helped his constituency?

How much of it was idealistic pablum that couldn't get out of comittee?

Because SO much of the legislation that comes through is SO great. Your implication that only good legislation gets passed is incredibly wrong. Clearly you don't appreciate the remarkable difference there would be in the current national landscape had the bills that he authored gone anywhere. He's a patriot among thieves.

D

countrygun
08-13-2012, 21:15
Because SO much of the legislation that comes through is SO great. Your implication that only good legislation gets passed is incredibly wrong. Clearly you don't appreciate the remarkable difference there would be in the current national landscape had the bills that he authored gone anywhere. He's a patriot among thieves.

D

"He is faster than a speeding bullet, he leaps tall buildings in a single bound, Yadda, yadda...............:upeyes:"

You need to meet a deprogrammer.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 21:52
"He is faster than a speeding bullet, he leaps tall buildings in a single bound, Yadda, yadda...............:upeyes:"

You need to meet a deprogrammer.

So who exactly are you quoting there? I know it's not me. Not once did I ever insinuate he was Superman, nor perfect. He is, though, far better then the two that big money want us to believe are the only options. Please tell me this; where have any of the party line individuals gotten us to this day? Dem or Repub, have they brought us closer to the Constitution? I think many can agree in the general direction Obama will continue to lead us. Will Romney be SIGNIFICANTLY different?

D

GAFinch
08-13-2012, 22:12

Come out in support of gay marriage and in support of repealing DOMA. Slash the military budget, twice. Prematurely pull out of Iraq. In process of prematurely pulling out of Afghanistan. (Partially) appease Iran. Appease Islamists in general. Have a budget proposal fail votes 99-0 and 414-0. Bad mouth Republicans non-stop.

http://thesteadyconservative.com/wordpress/2010/02/09/the-ron-paul-voting-record/

countrygun
08-13-2012, 22:23
So who exactly are you quoting there? I know it's not me. Not once did I ever insinuate he was Superman, nor perfect. He is, though, far better then the two that big money want us to believe are the only options. Please tell me this; where have any of the party line individuals gotten us to this day? Dem or Repub, have they brought us closer to the Constitution? I think many can agree in the general direction Obama will continue to lead us. Will Romney be SIGNIFICANTLY different?

D

I suppose, if one has a completely negative view of our Counrtry one might want to find someone or something to blame. I look with a "half-full" view. Most of our rights are actually still intact. No invading armies patrol the streets. Our "poor" are the envy of a lot of of the world. I could go on, but my point is our system has worked pretty darned well at those things. Yes there are problems but we are still intact and we can fix what is broken. It seems that the best bet is to vote for the person who seems to be willing to try and correct it rather than the one telling us we need more of whats broken to fix it.

ConcealedG23
08-13-2012, 23:05
It seems that the best bet is to vote for the person who seems to be willing to try and correct it rather than the one telling us we need more of whats broken to fix it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were interested in voting for the same person.

D

countrygun
08-13-2012, 23:13
I couldn't have said it better myself. If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were interested in voting for the same person.

D

Not quite. The guy I am voting for is actually in the race.

greentriple
08-13-2012, 23:15
So, you will be voting for Romney then, right? No difference (except Romney actually has a resume, so that should break the tie, right?).

Romney, resume? Obama's says POTUS! Ain't much better Thant that.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

domin8ss
08-13-2012, 23:24
Yeah, of you think POTUS isn't some funny joke now days.

If you want to know the differences between Romney and Obama just go to Chicago. There are actually a lot of Romney supporters that will speak up on this one.

countrygun
08-13-2012, 23:44

Jimmy Carter's did too
Once.

Big Mad Dawg
08-14-2012, 04:39
Jimmy Carter's did too
Once.

They will share about the same legacy too, dismal failures.

IvanVic
08-14-2012, 04:50
I'm guessing instead, that there are no fundamental difference between the candidates.

IvanVic, you fit the mold just perfectly. From your few posts here I can only conclude that the ONLY consideration you will ever make is the party line, media chosen dem or repub as the only viable candidate. Sadly, this is a huge part of the reason there will be no real change in this election cycle.

D

In reality, both of you are probably Ron Paul supporters who, like half the Paul supporters out there, throw a fit and claim that "we're all doomed" because every other politician is the same, except Ron Paul, of course.

The main reason that the massive reduction in the size of government can't happen overnight like both of you want is because the economy has millions of working pieces. It's fragile, and that kind of drastic change happening all at once would have catastrophic consequences to the U.S. and global economies. A gradual, grated approach to reducing the size of the federal government over time is what's needed to ensure that the entire economy isn't compromised.

The differences between Romney and Obama are far more nuanced than you're making them out to be, probably because generalizing and spitting out gloomy, ominous phrases is easier and more fun for you.

JFrame
08-14-2012, 05:04
Jimmy Carter's did too
Once.

:rofl:

It was stamped "Rejected"... :supergrin:

series1811
08-14-2012, 07:55

And, before that?

(That's okay, I'm just screwing with you. We know Obama's resume begins at 2006 and it's kind of a sore subject with Democrats because nobody thought to vet him).

Bren
08-14-2012, 08:31

They are alike.

LOL

if what you say is true, we'd still know Obama is running for a second term and Romney for a first. The difference between those is more than enough reason to vote Romney.

If you can't figure that out, you have no business implying that anybody else is too dumb to figure out a political issue.

You and Greentriple can report our response back to DemocraticUnderground now.:upeyes:

Kablam
08-14-2012, 09:04
I didn't see Lew say a single word in that video

"Posted by Lew Rockwell..."

FFR Spyder GT
08-14-2012, 14:39

Resume? What resume?

Oh, the one where he bought businesses, looted them, borrowed heavily against them then filed for bankruptcy?

Is that the one you're talking about?

Or how about the one where he implemented RomneyCare?

Or how about the one where he implemented some of the strongest Anti-Gun Laws of any state in the USA?

Or how about the one where he, single handedly, sent 100,000 US jobs overseas?

So, which one do you want to use?

Myself I'll roll them all into a ball and ask for another candidate.

We, as voting Americans, have already pass on Romney twice in the last 8 years.

jakebrake
08-14-2012, 14:58

reminds you of people that have worked at ibm forever. don't know squat, but work for ibm....you know the type.

his resume is filled with failed policy after failed policy. i guess you haven't noticed.

Flying-Dutchman
08-14-2012, 14:58
They are alike.
No, they are not alike at all.

Obama is so radioactive his supporter’s only strategy is to say, “They are both the same so vote for Obama, waste your vote on a protest candidate or stay home election day.”

You need to read up on Romney. The news media has kept his incredible story a secret

The more I learn about Romney’s past the more I am impressed with him.

The more I learn about Obama’s past the more frightened I am for this Country.

Kablam
08-14-2012, 15:17
Resume? What resume?

Oh, the one where he bought businesses, looted them, borrowed heavily against them then filed for bankruptcy?

Or how about the one where he implemented some of the strongest Anti-Gun Laws of any state in the USA?

With the exception of Romneycare, which has no effect on you unless you live if Mass, you're making things up like the rest of the progressive left, or at the very least distorting the heck out of the facts.

series1811
08-14-2012, 15:33
Resume? What resume?

You're just a walking Debbie Wasserman Schultz made up talking points memo, aren't you?

IvanVic
08-14-2012, 16:26
Resume? What resume?

I bet you never heard the words "Private Equity" before this election cycle. If you think that's what they do, you're a bumbling oaf.

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 16:46
In reality, both of you are probably Ron Paul supporters who, like half the Paul supporters out there, throw a fit and claim that "we're all doomed" because every other politician is the same, except Ron Paul, of course.

First, I'm not real big on throwing fits. I've got little ones (7yo, 4yo, 2yo and one on the way) and I appreciate that fits get an individual nowhere. Since you mentioned the "we're all doomed" assertion, to be truthful with you, it's sounds remarkably similar to what the repubs have been screaming since Obama got elected. It also seems to be their outlook if he should happen to get re-elected.

The main reason that the massive reduction in the size of government can't happen overnight like both of you want is because the economy has millions of working pieces. It's fragile, and that kind of drastic change happening all at once would have catastrophic consequences to the U.S. and global economies. A gradual, grated approach to reducing the size of the federal government over time is what's needed to ensure that the entire economy isn't compromised.

I believe this to be true, which is why this "massive reduction in the size of government" won't happen over night. Ron Paul himself even said it wouldn't, nor should it. The point is, Ron Paul (or other similar minded politician) WILL make it happen. If you really think Romney will do anything to reduce the size of government to any significant extent, I think you're sadly mistaken. History will tell you he won't do anything to cut back government.

The differences between Romney and Obama are far more nuanced than you're making them out to be, probably because generalizing and spitting out gloomy, ominous phrases is easier and more fun for you.

We will have to agree to disagree on this. Yes, where they spend the money may, indeed, be different. The fact that they both spend the money is quite the same. Where they increase the breadth of government may, indeed, be different. The fact that they both increase government is quite the same.

As a side note, have you looked at who are the top campaign contributors for Romney, Obama, and Paul? Feel free to look it up. Follow the money and you'll find who their soul belongs to.

Here you go:
Romney
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00000286

Obama
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?cycle=2012&id=N00009638

Paul (To be fair, Paul's numbers are from the 2008 election cycle but, I have no reason believe there would be any change.)
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cid=N00005906

I'm far from an Obama fan but, his top contributors look far less ominous than Romney's.

D

countrygun
08-14-2012, 17:10
[QUOTE=ConcealedG23;19307664

I'm far from an Obama fan but, his top contributors look far less ominous than Romney's.

D[/QUOTE]

I'd look a little closer at who is behind the names. Not trying to go all Beck on you but between Soros, SEIU, Spike Lee/Michael Moore types, I'll stick with Romney

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 17:18
I'd look a little closer at who is behind the names. Not trying to go all Beck on you but between Soros, SEIU, Spike Lee/Michael Moore types, I'll stick with Romney

Let's just agree that both are backed by an ominous crowd that has anything but my and your best interests at heart. The same can not be said with regard to Ron Paul.

D

countrygun
08-14-2012, 17:31
Let's just agree that both are backed by an ominous crowd that has anything but my and your best interests at heart. The same can not be said with regard to Ron Paul.

D

Yah, but I don't look at people who eat the grapes off the wallpaper as a viable alternative to Romney.

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 17:54
Yah, but I don't look at people who eat the grapes off the wallpaper as a viable alternative to Romney.

Your elementary slander takes nothing away from the fact that the candidate you support is a terrible choice for America. Every time I point something out with facts backed by history or numbers, you have digressed to name calling. Is that really the way to persuade someone that your candidate is the most appropriate?

D

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 18:00
Here's a bit of Ron Paul propaganda. I'm going to go out on a ledge here and guess this isn't going to change 30% of your minds. Careful, the very end gets real thick with cheese. I do, though, want anyone that has an interest to point out to me where Ron Paul is wrong about anything. Please point out where he is wrong and what in his logic is failed.

D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5I0E75G8-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

countrygun
08-14-2012, 18:08
Here's a bit of Ron Paul propaganda. I'm going to go out on a ledge here and guess this isn't going to change 30% of your minds. Careful, the very end gets real thick with cheese. I do, though, want anyone that has an interest to point out to me where Ron Paul is wrong about anything. Please point out where he is wrong and what in his logic is failed.

D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5I0E75G8-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Please point out to me how he is suddenly going to get the millons of votes he needs to unseat Obama by election time?

You guys have a secret plan to sprinkle fairy dust over the Country?

Folks, Schmegel/Gollum isn't going to get "The Precious" so come back to reality and get in the election that is going on in the real world.

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 18:14
Come out in support of gay marriage..

Please educate yourself. Support gay marriage, Ron Paul does not. What he does believe is that it should not be a Federal issue. It should be in the hands of the individual States.

Slash the military budget

Again, please educate yourself. One must be able to discern the difference between across-the-board/indiscriminate cuts and pointed cuts and policies changes that increase efficiency and cut waste. I'm not in the military but I am very close to some that are. Some low ranking, some relatively high ranking, some active, some retired. ALL of them have remarkable stories of policies and procedures that lead to HUGE waste. I appreciate that there is waste everywhere but the military seems to have more than it's fair share.

Bad mouth Republicans non-stop.

Let's be fair. He bad mouths both dems and repubs, as such he should for what they have done to the country.

D

Flying-Dutchman
08-14-2012, 18:27
I do, though, want anyone that has an interest to point out to me where Ron Paul is wrong about anything. Please point out where he is wrong and what in his logic is failed.

I like Ron Paul. I agree with most of the libertarian platform but I am a realist.

Ron Paul did not get any traction and with 49% of the population dependent on Government it is easy to see why.

We need to take small steps in the right direction and replacing Obama with Romney an attainable goal.

This election is not between 2 moderates such as JFK and Eisenhower.

This is more like Chairman Mao versus Henry Ford.

ConcealedG23
08-14-2012, 18:29
Please point out to me how he is suddenly going to get the millons of votes he needs to unseat Obama by election time?

You guys have a secret plan to sprinkle fairy dust over the Country?

This is exactly what gets me so bummed out. You, yourself, have pretty revealingly just distilled this down to the perception of ones ability to get votes. That's all this is? Who cares about one's policies as long as they can get votes? No one here has come up with a rational argument against Ron Paul's politics. Not one. Just assertions of "speeding bullets" and "eating grapes". There is a LOT of money being spent on both sides that has the intent to perpetuate this type of logic.

Let me ask this, why is it that McCain flat murdered Romney in 2008 (1378 to 148 delegates) but now Romney is the best candidate the repubs can offer up? Has anything in his politics changed?

D

countrygun
08-14-2012, 18:30
I like Ron Paul. I agree with most of the libertarian platform but I am a realist.

Ron Paul did not get any traction and with 49% of the population dependent on Government it is easy to see why.

We need to take small steps in the right direction and replacing Obama with Romney an attainable goal.

This election is not between 2 moderates such as JFK and Eisenhower.

This is more like Chairman Mao versus Henry Ford.

As I said somewhere.

it's a battle between free enterprise and free government cheese.

08-14-2012, 18:36
Obama is endorsed by the Communist Party. Obviously Obama's philosophy is close enough for them to endorse the Obama Campaign.

Says something doesn't, it?

Flying-Dutchman
08-14-2012, 18:48
Obama is endorsed by the Communist Party. Obviously Obama's philosophy is close enough for them to endorse the Obama Campaign.

Says something doesn't, it?
That’s crazy.

Lech Walesa, the old Polish solidarity leader against the communists, just endorsed Romney.

This election should not be this close.

I must be living in the Twilight Zone.

Flying-Dutchman
08-14-2012, 18:49
it's a battle between free enterprise and free government cheese.
That nails it. I have to remember that.

08-14-2012, 18:54
That’s crazy.

Lech Walesa, the old Polish solidarity leader against the communists, just endorsed Romney.

This election should not be this close.

I must be living in the Twilight Zone.

It's amazing! Obama supporters happily join the Communists! Is it ignorance or something else?

jakebrake
08-14-2012, 18:57
. Is that really the way to persuade someone that your candidate is the most appropriate?

D

ok, let's try this...

self-preservation. obama will have nothing to lose during a second term. you think he won't lay an awb edict down? and you can forget the congressional approval. he'll do it by executive order. he will be much more flexible after the election (that sound familiar?)

he will crank up spending. making sure that future generations of a country he sees as wrong pay the price.

he will cut billions from medicare to support obamacare...which is destined to fail.

after that, who knows...maybe that pesky 22nd amendment stands in the way of emporer obama.

sugarcreek
08-14-2012, 19:21
Social Justice (a demographic group), vs Justice for All (the individual)
Minority Victim Status vs The Individual, the greatest minority of them all...

countrygun
08-14-2012, 19:47
This is exactly what gets me so bummed out. You, yourself, have pretty revealingly just distilled this down to the perception of ones ability to get votes.

HEY POLLYANNA, IT ISN"T A "PERCEPTION".

LOOK

AT

THE

PRIMARY

NUMBERS

THEY ARE A THING YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH-----REALITY

That's all this is? Who cares about one's policies as long as they can get votes?

Uhm, well, yah

VOTES WIN ELECTIONS, LOSERS DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

No one here has come up with a rational argument against Ron Paul's politics.

YES THEY HAVE, YOU JUST CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT MOST AROUND HERE HATED HIS FOREIGN POLICY AND ISOLATIONISM. IT WAS ALL OVER THE THREADS

Not one. Just assertions of "speeding bullets" and "eating grapes". There is a LOT of money being spent on both sides that has the intent to perpetuate this type of logic.

THERE IS A LOT OF MONEY ( AND YOU ARE RIGHT, THERE ARE ONLY TWO SIDES) BEING SPENT BY BOTH SIDES ON THEIR CANDIDATES, NO KIDDING? HAPPENS EVERY ELECTION.EVE ONE"S THAT RON PAUL ISN"T IN. YOU SEEM TO THINK EVERYTHING IS AIMED AT RP.

Let me ask this, why is it that McCain flat murdered Romney in 2008 (1378 to 148 delegates) but now Romney is the best candidate the repubs can offer up? Has anything in his politics changed?

FOUR YEARS OF OBAMA WOULD BE WHAT WE CALL "A CLUE". DOES IT SEEM RATIONAL TO YOU, THAT WANT RID OF OBAMA ARE GOING TO THROW AWAY THEIR VOTES TO PUT HIM BACK IN OFFICE BY MAKING A FUTILE GESTURE VOTING FOR SOME LOSER WHO COULDN"T WIN A PARTY PRIMARY?

D

Pardon me for shouting folks, but it seems that some people need a little help grasping the blatantly obvious.

Yessir How High
08-14-2012, 20:32
You authoritarian neocon warmongering republican fools.

It just struck me.

I was here back in 2008 listening to all of you telling me how

McCain was going to save us from them dastardly democrats and how we must vote for the lesser of two evils in order to keep the state.

The maniacal McCain.

Yes, I gave up trying to communicate with you........It's like casting pearls before swine.

I will once again give up........it's hopeless.

You will go on slavishly voting the republican line, and I, expectedly, will probably

go down with the ship.

I feel so sorry for you fools.

ETA...

Crossposted, but because I am done with these neocon warmongers.

Yessir How High

countrygun
08-14-2012, 20:55

It just struck me.

McCain was going to save us from them dastardly democrats and how we must vote for the lesser of two evils in order to keep the state.

The maniacal McCain.

Yes, I gave up trying to communicate with you........It's like casting pearls before swine.

You will go on slavishly voting the republican line, and I, expectedly, will probably

go down with the ship.

ETA...

Yessir How High

I will have you know that it's

'Whoremonger" thank you very much

08-14-2012, 21:10

It just struck me.

The maniacal McCain.

go down with the ship.

ETA...

Yessir How High

What are you talking about?

You do realize that Paul is an establishment Republican who collects Social Security?

It's over. He's not getting the nomination. He admits it. His son knows it, too. Move on with your life.

I voted for him in my state's primary.

rgregoryb
08-14-2012, 21:34

Israel

G19G20
08-15-2012, 02:35
Israel

Ron Paul doesn't want foreign aid to Israel or Israel's enemies. Obama hasn't stopped any of it.

I need something more specific than the name of a country.

G19G20
08-15-2012, 02:42
Come out in support of gay marriage and in support of repealing DOMA.

Leaving social issues to the states is not something Obama has come out for.

Slash the military budget, twice.

Source please. Military budget has not been slashed.

Prematurely pull out of Iraq.

Pretty sure Ron Paul called to bring them all home. Still 50k troops there. What is your definition of prematurely?

In process of prematurely pulling out of Afghanistan.

It's been over 10 years and we're STILL in Afghanistan. Paul has called for ALL troops back home to protect this country instead of foreign borders.

(Partially) appease Iran. Appease Islamists in general.

Appeasing them with drone attacks and acts of warlike sanctions? Pretty sure Paul doesn't advocate sanctions, which are acts of war. without a Declaration of War from Congress, backed by the people.

Have a budget proposal fail votes 99-0 and 414-0. Bad mouth Republicans non-stop.

http://thesteadyconservative.com/wordpress/2010/02/09/the-ron-paul-voting-record/

You may have that one right. Should tell you something when budget cuts get voted down. Kinda the problem, isn't it?

Snowman92D
08-15-2012, 05:25

Um...Obama is an America-hating doctrinaire Marxist, and Romney isn't? :whistling:

series1811
08-15-2012, 05:38

It just struck me.

The maniacal McCain.

go down with the ship.

ETA...

Yessir How High

So, you really think picking McCain over O-Nothing was a bad vote? I think O-Nothings' record has shown it was the better choice. We just have reached the point where more people expect the government to be their master and caretaker, rather than their servant and employee.

Listening to the arguments to vote for Obama remind me of the arguments to vote for Carter in 1980 over Reagan.

"Yes, Carter may be an incompetent buffoon without a clue, but Reagan is DANGEROUS. HE WILL KILL US ALL."

Funny, it didn't work out that way.

Paul7
08-15-2012, 08:03

Scaling back our support for Israel.

You really think Romney would have appointed Kagan or Sotomayor to the SCOTUS?

G19G20
08-16-2012, 18:01
Scaling back our support for Israel.

Love the vagueness but I still need more specifics. That's not a "policy" that can be discussed. What exactly has Obama done to scale back support for Israel? And mind you, Ron Paul isn't calling for scaling back support. He's calling to end it entirely and let Israel defend herself. That alone is one of the biggest reasons that some in the GOP hate Paul. All hail Israel.

You really think Romney would have appointed Kagan or Sotomayor to the SCOTUS?

Maybe. The guy has a liberal record and appointed liberals to the Mass courts as governor. I don't see how anyone could ascribe any positions to Romney or speculate what he would do, particularly conservative, since there's a 20 minute video of all of his flip flops posted on this very forum.

Glock30Eric
08-16-2012, 21:17
And mind you, Ron Paul isn't calling for scaling back support. He's calling to end it entirely and let Israel defend herself. That alone is one of the biggest reasons that some in the GOP hate Paul. All hail Israel!

Deleted. I lost control with my angry over this comment.

rgregoryb
08-17-2012, 07:23
Deleted. I lost control with my angry over this comment.

thanks Boris, how is Natasha?

countrygun
08-17-2012, 11:49
thanks Boris, how is Natasha?

Was "Glock30Eric" waging more of his Jihad against Israel again?

G29Reload
08-17-2012, 11:55

It just struck me.

The maniacal McCain.

go down with the ship.

ETA...

Yessir How High

So, you don't want to vote for Romney.

Which means you're an Obama Supporter. We get it already.

I guess you really like the past 4 years. Since they've worked so well.

G29Reload
08-17-2012, 11:58
Love the vagueness but I still need more specifics. He's calling to end it entirely and let Israel defend herself. That alone is one of the biggest reasons that some in the GOP hate Paul. All hail Israel.

so, why do you hate israel? How long have you been an anti semite, and what brought it on?

Paul7
08-17-2012, 12:26
Love the vagueness but I still need more specifics. That's not a "policy" that can be discussed. What exactly has Obama done to scale back support for Israel?

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/ben-shapiro/obamas-anti-israel-sell-out-continues/

And mind you, Ron Paul isn't calling for scaling back support. He's calling to end it entirely and let Israel defend herself. That alone is one of the biggest reasons that some in the GOP hate Paul. All hail Israel.

Yes, the only democracy in the Middle East and our only real ally there. Ron Paul is an idiot. The Muslims must love him.

Maybe. The guy has a liberal record and appointed liberals to the Mass courts as governor. I don't see how anyone could ascribe any positions to Romney or speculate what he would do, particularly conservative, since there's a 20 minute video of all of his flip flops posted on this very forum.

So why is Judge Robert Bork Romney's legal advisor?

G19G20
08-17-2012, 14:30
so, why do you hate israel? How long have you been an anti semite, and what brought it on?

Still race baiting eh? No where did I mention anything "semitic" so hang it up. That line has gotten so old that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

How long have you hated negroes G29Reload and what brought it on? Since you disagree so much with Obama then clearly you're just racist against blacks. Right? :whistling:

countrygun
08-17-2012, 14:37
Still race baiting eh? No where did I mention anything "semitic" so hang it up. That line has gotten so old that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

How long have you hated negroes G29Reload and what brought it on? Since you disagree so much with Obama then clearly you're just racist against blacks. Right? :whistling:

You are the one that made the classification for people who support Israel for any reason,

" All hail Israel."

You seem to want to classify people.

Hate it when they classify you though, don't you?

G19G20
08-17-2012, 14:43
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/ben-shapiro/obamas-anti-israel-sell-out-continues/

So because this Jewish blog author speculates that the Obama administration is openly discussing war news to scuttle an attack on Iran, this means Obama is backing away from supporting Israel. That's your premise? First, the article is pure speculation on the part of the author and contains no quotes. Second, not participating in the creation of yet another war doesn't equate to losing support. Israel doesn't need our permission to attack Iran in the first place. Once again, I asked about POLICY. Has the aid stopped? Have we broken diplomatic ties with Israel? Have we stopped sending Israel weapons? Speculative articles about motivations isn't worth anything.

Yes, the only democracy in the Middle East and our only real ally there. Ron Paul is an idiot. The Muslims must love him.

We have treaties with allies. What treaty do we have with Israel and why does Israel have to check with us before acting?

So why is Judge Robert Bork Romney's legal advisor?

Because Romney is acting like he's conservative now? He didn't appoint conservative judges in Mass and has a bad record. Why are you distracting with stuff about current advisors?

Acujeff
08-17-2012, 17:29
It is understandable that Obama supporters are going to come to gun forums and try to persuade us to avoid supporting and voting for Romney. The liberal mainstream media and politicians are using the same strategy to desperately misrepresent and revise Romney's record in all arenas and distract us from Obama's record and agenda. Expect to see a lot more leading up to the election.

Of course, Romney is significantly different than Obama. Romney is campaigning on repealing Obamacare and halting illegal immigration - two issues that can permanently change our country. However, as this is a gun forum so let's focus on the RKBA record:

Obama's Record:
Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harrass gun shops out of business, promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty, appointing two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and appointing 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

If Obama gets a second term it will be a "mandate" for more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. The Democrats are already campaigning on another AWB and ammo limits and reporting.

Here’s the rest of Obama’s record:
http://www.gunbanobama.com/GettheFacts.aspx

Romney's record:
As MA Gov 2002-2006, Romney met and worked with Gun Owners’ Action League (the Mass. based pro-2A group) and no anti-second amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk. Romney signed a bill that amended the permanent MA AWB and made it less strict. In addition, he removed any anti-second amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006, and signed five pro-second amendment bills into law.

Romney‘s entire record:
http://www.goal.org/newspages/romney.html

Romney is not "the same as Obama", the "lesser of evils" or "Obama-lite". In 2008 he was rated "B" by the NRA and Obama was rated "F". Since then, Romney has only become more pro-gun and Obama anti-gun. Romney would be a much better President for gun-owners than Obama.

Especially if we get Republican majorities in the House and Senate we can expect Romney to dismantle Obama's anti-gun actions in the UN and on the Southern border, appoint a new Attorney General, get all the Fast and Furious records and make sure it is successfully investigated and prosecuted, stop the abuses of the ATF, and appoint up to four more pro-RKBA Supreme Court Justices.

Go to Romney's website and compare his positions to Obama and make up your own mind.

Romney‘s positions:
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/gun-rights
http://www.mittromney.com/issues/courts-constitution

It's up to individual gun-owners to to get the facts and make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 18:29
They play they are trying to make is so obvious that it's laughable.

they know if they point out the differences it will only help Romney----a lot, so they are trying the "no diffenerence" ploy to cover the differences and hope to lower Republican voting numbers.

In an honest strategy they would be trying to point out the superioirity of their candidate, but.....opps....that won't work with Obama.

That is what makes the paulbots so obviously the shills of the Democrats, they ae both using the exact same argument.

Duh. They both look like two rat droppings in a sugar bowl.

G19G20
08-17-2012, 18:50
Whatever helps you fellas sleep at night, knowing you're voting for a pro-choice, anti-gun, Obamacare inventing, liberal flip-flopper from Massachusetts. Yeah, it's gotta be that those Paul people, all 2-3 million of them, are just undercover Obama operatives. Maybe you should bring that up to Alex Jones. I hear he likes conspiracy theories.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 18:58
Whatever helps you fellas sleep at night, knowing you're voting for a pro-choice, anti-gun, Obamacare inventing, liberal flip-flopper from Massachusetts. Yeah, it's gotta be that those Paul people, all 2-3 million of them, are just undercover Obama operatives. Maybe you should bring that up to Alex Jones. I hear he likes conspiracy theories.

Don't take it so hard. we know you have good intemtions you are just so comitted to them that you can't see you are being used.

Just like you were convinced to hammer on Romney about gun control on gun-related sites in hopes that the people there would be one issue voters. You have yet to notice it isn't working. repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result.......not good......no, no, not good at all.

The Machinist
08-17-2012, 19:46
repeating the same action over and over expecting a different result.......not good......no, no, not good at all.
Ironic, coming from a slave of the lesser of two evils.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 19:51

C'mon Mr. Biden, didn't you learn anything this week?

G29Reload
08-17-2012, 20:02
So because this Jewish blog author speculates that the Obama administration is openly discussing war news to scuttle an attack on Iran, this means Obama is backing away from supporting Israel.ing

No, it NOT speculation, its public record. The Admin leaked the news of Israel cutting a deal with Azerbaijan to use their bases in the event of a strike on Iran. The Obama administration is actively working against Israel. This happened a couple of months ago.

Because Romney is acting like he's conservative now? He didn't appoint conservative judges in Mass and has a bad record. Why are you distracting with stuff about current advisors?

Ok so you're actively working against Romney cause you don't like him, so you're trying to get Barack re-elected.

G29Reload
08-17-2012, 20:04

As opposed to what other game in town? Maybe we'll do it your way if you tell us what other game there is. do enlighten us, you who want a pony.

You can't, because there ISN't another game in town.

It's the only one.

and since you don't want the LESSER of two evils, you clearly prefer the greater of two evils.

And with the first act of his administration picking Paul Ryan, Romney's showing he's less and less evil every day. Things might actually work out well.

Glock30Eric
08-17-2012, 20:45
As opposed to what other game in town? Maybe we'll do it your way if you tell us what other game there is. do enlighten us, you who want a pony.

You can't, because there ISN't another game in town.

It's the only one.

and since you don't want the LESSER of two evils, you clearly prefer the greater of two evils.

And with the first act of his administration picking Paul Ryan, Romney's showing he's less and less evil every day. Things might actually work out well.

The only one is already gone when the mainstream media took Ron Paul out.

Now, it's nothing. Two faces on a same coin. You could spin the coin but you still get the same result.

countrygun
08-17-2012, 21:14
Obama fans are trying a new tactic. They don't dare try and point out the differences between the candidate because Obama will lose that debate in short order, so now they are trying to reverse it and claim that there is no difference between the two to discourage Republican voters and lower the turnout numbers. They've conned the paulbots into playing along with them.

It's all about keeping Obama in office.

stevelyn
08-18-2012, 01:47
I'll take my chances with a senate-confirmed, Romney SCOTUS nominee long before i would one of Zero's picks. He's already picked two and one is a proven liar and the other is a confirmed Marxist.

Since it's very likely that there will be more appointments in the next four years the prospect of Zero loading the bench with fellow Marxist travelers is a scary thought indeed.

G19G20
08-18-2012, 02:17
Ok so you're actively working against Romney cause you don't like him, so you're trying to get Barack re-elected.

Ive been working against Romney since 2007 when I quickly saw that he's a snake oil salesman, trying to look like Reagan but appeal to everyone with his flip flopping. Just because he has an R next to his name doesn't mean my principles and my sense goes away. Whether Obama gets re-elected is irrelevant to me because Romney's policies are the same as Obama's.

I may have target fixation but it is what it is. Ive always hated Romney more than the other challengers in the 2008 and 2012 campaigns. The guy is a snake.

G29Reload
08-18-2012, 03:49
The only one is already gone when the mainstream media took Ron Paul out.

Still blaming everyone but the one responsible. Now you and your ilk are professional victims. Wah Wah Wah. No wonder you support Zero with your actions.

He was a flawed, failed, unelectable crackpot. His failure to break radar cover only confirms he was NOT your saviour, but incompetent and unable to produce.

Now, it's nothing. Two faces on a same coin. You could spin the coin but you still get the same result.

Still buying and pushing that blatantly false myth. Absolutely NOT the case and now they're more different by the day. You'll call a blue sky green all day long despite the evidence.

BHO is a criminal, lawless marxist thug bent on Clowerd Piven.

Romney just showed he's seen the light by selecting Paul Ryan. The Tea Party is cheering and now the polls are moving.

The two couldn't be more different.

So, you're obviously wrong on all counts.

G29Reload
08-18-2012, 03:54
Whether Obama gets re-elected is irrelevant to me because Romney's policies are the same as Obama's.

Except they're not.

BHO = Marxist, lawless thug. Sonia SotoMayor, Elena Kagan.

Romney: First executive decision: Paul Ryan

The Fail and The Stupid are really strong with the "they're the same" tantrum.

And obviously false.

We get it. You're pissed that your cult of personality was defeated by his Crazy and unelectability and you're out for revenge.

Yessir How Petulant

G19G20
08-18-2012, 04:00
Except they're not.

BHO = Marxist, lawless thug. Sonia SotoMayor, Elena Kagan.

Romney: First executive decision: Paul Ryan

Ryan, a guy that voted for all of Democrats spending packages and Republican war spending bills, regardless of which party was in control. Still not seeing the difference.

And obviously false.

You can't possibly be this dense. Are you a paid shill? Some of you guys seem so averse to truth that you must be getting paid to act so naive.

We get it. You're pissed that your cult of personality was defeated by his Crazy and unelectability and you're out for revenge.

Yessir How Petulant

It is a dish best served cold.

The Machinist
08-18-2012, 07:00

And obviously false.
Even though they all stand behind the same policies? NDAA, TARP, etc. Picking a big-government apparatchik doesn't make Romney fundamentally different than the Kenyan squatter. Ryan is nothing more than younger and more handsome Lyndsey Graham, who just rubber stamps every bill that increases government authority and spending.

tgmr05
08-18-2012, 07:28
They are the same? Ok, both are male, both have wives, both voted for some same bills, but did Romney/ryan vote for Obamacare? Did Romney/Ryan sit in a hate America church spewing hate for this country for 20 years? Do Romney/Ryan have terrorist friends as mentors? Do Romney/Ryan believe business owners did not build their businesses on their own? Do Romney/Ryan think we should punish achievement/achievers to be fair? Did Romney/Ryan approve of Obama operating with no budget as president for years? Is that the Romney/Ryan platform, fiscal responsibility through stimulus and excessive spending? Are Romney/Ryan claiming we should spend trillions to keep unemployment under 9 percent? Does Romney/Ryan fundamentally agree with Obama policies, even though Obama has clearly stated he does not Fundamentally agree with Romney?

The left and antiRomney folks are wearing thin. Instead of debating ideology/issues, the best some can do is try to equate Romney with Obama, to either make themselves feel better for making a clearly stupid choice of voting for Obama again, or justify/make themselves feel better about supporting Obama by voting third party which is basically voting for Obama

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 10:05
Funny, liberals are talking as if it would be the end of the world as we know it if Mittens gets in. Just for the pleasure of watching them squirm, it would be nice to see him get it.

Any guy that would support Holder, Napolitano, and now Suzanne Barr, I'm not fond of. I'd like to have someone else picking cabinet members and supreme court justices.

Cavalry Doc
08-18-2012, 10:06
Dbl tap. Bandwidth lag at the airport.

G19G20
08-18-2012, 16:05
They are the same? Ok, both are male, both have wives, both voted for some same bills, but did Romney/ryan vote for Obamacare? Did Romney/Ryan sit in a hate America church spewing hate for this country for 20 years? Do Romney/Ryan have terrorist friends as mentors? Do Romney/Ryan believe business owners did not build their businesses on their own? Do Romney/Ryan think we should punish achievement/achievers to be fair? Did Romney/Ryan approve of Obama operating with no budget as president for years? Is that the Romney/Ryan platform, fiscal responsibility through stimulus and excessive spending? Are Romney/Ryan claiming we should spend trillions to keep unemployment under 9 percent? Does Romney/Ryan fundamentally agree with Obama policies, even though Obama has clearly stated he does not Fundamentally agree with Romney?

The left and antiRomney folks are wearing thin. Instead of debating ideology/issues, the best some can do is try to equate Romney with Obama, to either make themselves feel better for making a clearly stupid choice of voting for Obama again, or justify/make themselves feel better about supporting Obama by voting third party which is basically voting for Obama

The biggest difference here is that I pay attention to the candidate's records and accept that past performance usually is a strong sign of future performance. You're caught up in lots of media-fueled identity politics that's separate from actual policy actions as public figures. Rhetoric is worthless and politicians prove why over and over.

For example, Romney can claim NOW that's he all pro-gun and whatnot but seeing how he signed gun control laws in Massachusetts, I can't seriously believe that he's s staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment now. His record on that issue, like many others, shows that he's either A) lying now or B) has no balls to stand up to even his state legislature. Neither is a trait I'd like in a Pres. This same theme can be found all over Romney's record.

countrygun
08-18-2012, 16:18
The biggest difference here is that I pay attention to the candidate's records and accept that past performance usually is a strong sign of future performance. You're caught up in lots of media-fueled identity politics that's separate from actual policy actions as public figures. Rhetoric is worthless and politicians prove why over and over.

For example, Romney can claim NOW that's he all pro-gun and whatnot but seeing how he signed gun control laws in Massachusetts, I can't seriously believe that he's s staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment now. His record on that issue, like many others, shows that he's either A) lying now or B) has no balls to stand up to even his state legislature. Neither is a trait I'd like in a Pres. This same theme can be found all over Romney's record.

And Obama, the guy you are trying so hard to get reelected, voted "present" how often in his short stay in the Senate?

Acujeff
08-18-2012, 16:38

Except for the fact you are misrepresenting Romney's record.

Romney's record:
As MA Gov 2002-2006, Romney met and worked with Gun Owners’ Action League (the Mass. based pro-2A group) and no anti-second amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk. Romney signed a bill that amended the permanent MA AWB and made it less strict. In addition, he removed any anti-second amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006, and signed five pro-second amendment bills into law.

Romney‘s entire record:

Funny how G19G20 doesn't apply the same standards to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul:
Voted NO on prohibiting frivolous product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers.
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-534 on Oct 20, 2005

Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

G19G20
08-18-2012, 16:39
And Obama, the guy you are trying so hard to get reelected, voted "present" how often in his short stay in the Senate?

Many times. I already know why Obama sucks. He's been Pres for almost 4 years so everyone knows. I was telling anyone that would listen in 2008 that Obama was a snake and Hope and Change was bullshiz. How did I know this? His crap record and his list of top donors. I see the same with Romney. Replacing one sucky Pres with another sucky Pres isn't victory to me. It means one of the candidates wins, but the American people still lose.

fwm
08-18-2012, 16:41

Romney has never come out and stated that the 'papers of our founding fathers' (The Constitution and bill of rights) are in the way of what he wants to do and he is trying ti find a way around them. Obama did.

Heard him say that with my own ears on an interview.
Romney is not my favorite either, but at least he is willing to work within the Constitution is stead of around it.

countrygun
08-18-2012, 16:44
Except for the fact you are misrepresenting Romney's record.

Romney's record:

Romney‘s entire record:

Funny how G19G20 doesn't apply the same standards to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul:
Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-534 on Oct 20, 2005

Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

Don't bother G19G20 with those pesky "fact" thingies, he is on a holy crusade:upeyes:

G29Reload
08-18-2012, 19:13
Ryan, a guy that voted for all of Democrats spending packages and Republican war spending bills, regardless of which party was in control. Still not seeing the difference.

You can't possibly be this dense. Are you a paid shill? Some of you guys seem so averse to truth that you must be getting paid to act so naive.

Well, since they're so alike, why are you so upset that anyone would push one over the other? Doesn't matter, so back to your woodshop, or mountain biking, or marble collecting, whatever?

For no difference between the two candidates, you sure seem concerned about the outcome, mostly that it not be the one that's not been a lawless, marxist thug.

Me thinks thee doth protest too much.

Yessir How Phony

G29Reload
08-18-2012, 19:22

So there you have it people, the hard evidence.

The dish best served cold, Shakespearean if I recall, is…

Revenge.

So now we have it. In plain English. Totally butthurt that his boy couldn't produce, and in the spirit of true victimhood and bitterness, like a woman scorned, he's so self absorbed that its all about what's good for him and not what's good for his country. It didn't matter that his candidate was an abysmal reject, his failure to make it across the finish line means its everyone else's fault but his own, and to satisfy his childish petulance, he's willing to see his own country hurt to satisfy the blood lust of revenge. The old "take his ball and going home", if I cant' win, nobody can.

Ah, the fecal immaturity representative of the Ron Paul Anal Retentive Crowd. What an advertisement to never even listen to these people again.

Says it all.

countrygun
08-18-2012, 19:25
Well, since they're so alike, why are you so upset that anyone would push one over the other? Doesn't matter, so back to your woodshop, or mountain biking, or marble collecting, whatever?

For no difference between the two candidates, you sure seem concerned about the outcome, mostly that it not be the one that's not been a lawless, marxist thug.

Me thinks thee doth protest too much.

Yessir How Phony

SOOOOO, someone else has noticed that these folks who claim that Romney and Obama are twins are spending a lot of their time trying to convince people not to vote for Romney and, in fact, are spending a lot of time talking him down.

Strange behavior methinks for people who claim they aren't trying to help Obama.

Somethin is afoul in Denmark most assuredly.

countrygun
08-18-2012, 19:28

Revenge.

So now we have it. In plain English. Totally butthurt that his boy couldn't produce, and in the spirit of true victimhood and bitterness, like a woman scorned, he's so self absorbed that its all about what's good for him and not what's good for his country. It didn't matter that his candidate was an abysmal reject, his failure to make it across the finish line means its everyone else's fault but his own, and to satisfy his childish petulance, he's willing to see his own country hurt to satisfy the blood lust of revenge. The old "take his ball and going home", if I cant' win, nobody can.

Ah, the fecal immaturity representative of the Ron Paul Anal Retentive Crowd. What an advertisement to never even listen to these people again.

Says it all.

Oh, come now. the next thing you know someone is going to come along and suggest that people as childish as that didn't have an opinion worth listening to in the first place.

Somebody is likely to tell them to take their toys and go out and play and let the adults handle things.

G29Reload
08-18-2012, 21:05
SOOOOO, someone else has noticed that these folks who claim that Romney and Obama are twins are spending a lot of their time trying to convince people not to vote for Romney and, in fact, are spending a lot of time talking him down.

Strange behavior methinks for people who claim they aren't trying to help Obama.

This. + 1000

If there was no difference between the two, they wouldn't bother saying not to vote for one over the other. Instead they insist on the sophistry that because Romney doesn't meet some ideological test one shouldn't vote for him, which in the same breath means support for Obama. But if they're the same then it doesn't matter, why would you care unless you were out for revenge, G1920 showing a little ankle above, exactly that. They want the R's to lose so Obama gets re-elected as punishment because they're so butthurt over their boy losing.

Yessir how gradeschool

G19G20
08-19-2012, 01:53
Romney has never come out and stated that the 'papers of our founding fathers' (The Constitution and bill of rights) are in the way of what he wants to do and he is trying ti find a way around them. Obama did.

Heard him say that with my own ears on an interview.
Romney is not my favorite either, but at least he is willing to work within the Constitution is stead of around it.

Just for reference, George W Bush called the Constitution "Just a ******* piece of paper". See a trend? That's the problem. Both R and D Presidents in recent times view the Constitution as a hurdle, not an ally. Ron Paul is the only one claiming the document and the ideals as an ally and has been his entire political career. That's worth a hell of a lot to me.

G19G20
08-19-2012, 01:59

There hasn't been a convention yet, Romney is not the nominee yet, Ron Paul hasn't ended his campaign, and his supporters will continue to work to elect him until it's a done deal. There's still a presidential primary election underway if you haven't noticed. Then after that they'll keep working. Get used to it. We're not going anywhere.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 02:08
This. + 1000

If there was no difference between the two, they wouldn't bother saying not to vote for one over the other. Instead they insist on the sophistry that because Romney doesn't meet some ideological test one shouldn't vote for him, which in the same breath means support for Obama. But if they're the same then it doesn't matter, why would you care unless you were out for revenge, G1920 showing a little ankle above, exactly that. They want the R's to lose so Obama gets re-elected as punishment because they're so butthurt over their boy losing.

Yessir how gradeschool

I think that is it for a bunch of them, but i still feel the hands of Obama fns pulling some of their strings.

It becomes obvious if you look at the actual rhetoric they use and how very close it is to that of Obama fanboys. Not actually like a Republican at all. It makes it difficult to believe, that if Obama isn't to their liking that they don't see Romney as an improvement.

I got the clue when one of our "usual suspects" tried to say, in a convoluted post, that liberals would have voted for Paul but wouldn't vote for Romney, and the next day the same poster was saying the Romney was liberal as Obama and that Paul was the true conservative.

If you think about that for long the flaw is obvious.

By and large I think they re young, inexperienced idealists with a touch of immaturity and perhaps spoiled and used to getting their way, but I think there are some Obamites playing the pipe they dance to.

G19G20
08-19-2012, 02:16

Revenge.

Says it all.

Wait, I thought we were irrelevant? I can't figure out which day Paulites are kingmakers and which day Paulites are afterthoughts. Can you send me the schedule G29Reload?

I understand that you're ok with voting for a Massachusetts liberal calling himself a conservative while doing everything he can to beat up the newest blood in the party, but you can't keep kicking your dog and then act indignant when it bites you.

Btw, if anyone wants to judge the millions of people that support Paul and the Liberty movement based on my comments on this forum alone then they should expand their minds. Im just one individual voicing my opinion. Supporters do not equal the candidate and/or the platform. I notice that most of the attacks against Paul are actually veiled attacks against his supporters, while the attacks against Romney are attacks against....Romney. Some people see others being headstrong as something to fear and attack accordingly.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 09:02
I have to agree with G19G20 here, the paul camp is much more likely to be irrelevant.

Certainly, almost 100% of the pro-Paul diehards voted in the primaries, dragging as many friends along as possible. They are too committed to not vote.

Barely over 2 million votes. That might sound like a lot, but out of 350+ million, it's a small number.

Alcoholics anonymous has over 2 million members.
Knights of Columbus has 1.8 million members.
PETA has 2 million members.

There are plenty of more special interest groups, with much larger numbers.

NRA has 4.3 million members.
AARP has 38 million members.

Hmmm. Bend over farther for the 2 million paul guys, or talk about Barry screwing up Medicare, which makes more sense?

G29Reload
08-19-2012, 11:14
Wait, I thought we were irrelevant?

Yep. Your candidate was, and you've marginalized yourself.

I can't figure out which day Paulites are kingmakers and which day Paulites are afterthoughts. Can you send me the schedule G29Reload?

WTF? No one ever said this. Kingmaker? You maybe, so enthralled with your failed candidate.

Not even close. Wrote himself off early in the primary season with his whackamole comments…just a couple of subs to defend the country, nothing wrong with Iran, etc.

Not a kingmaker, never has been, never will be. Always has been in the freak parade, out on the tinfoil hat margin.

So your schedule? Solid afterthought…marginal, followers only vaguely problematic with stated intent to vandalize the process or cause trouble on the fringe.

I understand that you're ok with voting for a Massachusetts liberal calling himself a conservative while doing everything he can to beat up the newest blood in the party, but you can't keep kicking your dog and then act indignant when it bites you.

You are so yesterday. By his actions, he's changed his tune. And I've never said anything BUT I'm voting AGAINST obama, who is clearly worse than anything onstage. Have been impressed with his picking Ryan, at the rate he's going you're going to be eating a lot of crow.

I always said Romney was a zipcode populist. He rolls how/who he represents. His audience has broadened beyond MA and he knows the country is more conservative in the aggregate and has modified accordingly.

Old "used to be" is dead and buried as an old college professor once told me. You're the one beating a dead horse.

And since you're against one guy, you're clearly for the other since thats the only choice left. Don't have a dog to kick and haven't been bitten. But you're clearly butthurt about losing and definitely acting indignant!

Supporters do not equal the candidate and/or the platform. I notice that most of the attacks against Paul are actually veiled attacks against his supporters, while the attacks against Romney are attacks against....Romney. Some people see others being headstrong as something to fear and attack accordingly.

They sure march in lockstep and parrot his lines. If the shoe fits…

Yessir how Butthurt

Glock30Eric
08-19-2012, 12:39
I have to agree with G19G20 here, the paul camp is much more likely to be irrelevant.

Certainly, almost 100% of the pro-Paul diehards voted in the primaries, dragging as many friends along as possible. They are too committed to not vote.

Barely over 2 million votes. That might sound like a lot, but out of 350+ million, it's a small number.

Hmmm. Bend over farther for the 2 million paul guys, or talk about Barry screwing up Medicare, which makes more sense?

Keep that in the mind: Many Americans don't vote cuz they didn't care about it, their schedule was full not educated, or couldn't vote due to a felony on their record. Therefore, I believe about 25% of American actually votes: most of them are seniors and rich folks.

Why don't we let the ballot last for a week? Why don't we educate Americans that the privilege to vote is the most valuable thing we have in America? If they don't vote, then we should disown them.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 13:17
Keep that in the mind: Many Americans don't vote cuz they didn't care about it, their schedule was full not educated,

Liberal elitism

or couldn't vote due to a felony on their record.

Let felons vote, another liberal "broadening their base" strategy

Therefore, I believe about 25% of American actually votes: most of them are seniors and rich folks.

Liberal stereotyping

Why don't we let the ballot last for a week?

In the technology age there is no reason to

Why don't we educate Americans that the privilege to vote is the most valuable thing we have in America?

The education system is flawed? I am shocked I tell you, shocked!

If they don't vote, then we should disown them.

Vote or die, kinda takes away their freedom not to, doesn't it?

Don't really know it there was a point there, but thanks for the exercise:supergrin:

G19G20
08-19-2012, 14:39

That analysis is all fine and dandy until....oooh until voting demographics are considered. Young voters are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable voters. They don't turn out to vote. The college kids that love Ron Paul are inconsistent voters and often don't show up for primaries and caucuses. It's a proven fact that under 30 is the hardest group to get to the polls, for a variety of reasons. Yall love to claim that all Paulites are college kids, which is the least likely demographic to actually vote, then you turn around and say that every Paulite voted so you know the strength of our numbers in real terms. I know for a fact that a lot of Paul fans did NOT vote. Even personal friends of mine that are Paul supporters didn't vote. Some for registration reasons, some were out of town, some don't believe their votes count anyway so they don't bother. Myriad of reasons. Young people just don't vote in large numbers and that's a fact.

You're welcome to have the opinion that we're irrelevant. At least it's a consistent position. Just don't go blaming us later when Romney loses...

G19G20
08-19-2012, 14:49
Yep. Your candidate was, and you've marginalized yourself.

WTF? No one ever said this. Kingmaker? You maybe, so enthralled with your failed candidate.

Actually, many have said this in various ways.

Same goes for you then. I don't want to hear a word of blame on Paul and his supporters when Romney loses. We're irrelevant, after all.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 14:55
That analysis is all fine and dandy until....oooh until voting demographics are considered. Young voters are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable voters. They don't turn out to vote. The college kids that love Ron Paul are inconsistent voters and often don't show up for primaries and caucuses. It's a proven fact that under 30 is the hardest group to get to the polls, for a variety of reasons. Yall love to claim that all Paulites are college kids, which is the least likely demographic to actually vote, then you turn around and say that every Paulite voted so you know the strength of our numbers in real terms. I know for a fact that a lot of Paul fans did NOT vote. Even personal friends of mine that are Paul supporters didn't vote. Some for registration reasons, some were out of town, some don't believe their votes count anyway so they don't bother. Myriad of reasons. Young people just don't vote in large numbers and that's a fact.

You're welcome to have the opinion that we're irrelevant. At least it's a consistent position. Just don't go blaming us later when Romney loses...

I can't tell, are you deliberately marginalizing yourself, or are you making excuses ahead of time?

G19G20
08-19-2012, 15:10
I can't tell, are you deliberately marginalizing yourself, or are you making excuses ahead of time?

I have no idea what your post means.

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 15:54

Sure. The committed paulbots that were screeching at the slightest criticism of paul for months forgot to get up to vote that day.....

I guess it's possible......

http://blog.thesmithlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2005/05/DG_Medical_Marijuana.jpg

However, if your analysis is right, they would be even more irrelevant than I thought. If they couldn't wake up and get in line for THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN SAVE AMERICA, what are the odds they are going to get out of bed and go vote for Obama or Obamalite. Much less. So we can expect MUCH fewer than I had initially projected to go to the polls in the general election.

Good observation. I was giving them too much credit.

Thanks. :wavey:

G19G20
08-19-2012, 17:16
However, if your analysis is right, they would be even more irrelevant than I thought. If they couldn't wake up and get in line for THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN SAVE AMERICA, what are the odds they are going to get out of bed and go vote for Obama or Obamalite. Much less. So we can expect MUCH fewer than I had initially projected to go to the polls in the general election.

Good observation. I was giving them too much credit.

Thanks. :wavey:

Wait, you read my reply and took the fact that your numerical analysis is flat wrong as some sign that Paul supporters are irrelevant? The mental gymnastics you folks go through never ceases to amaze me. It's one of the few redeeming qualities of this forum.

I predicted in another thread that this presidential election will be the lowest turnout in at least 20 years. NO ONE wants to vote in this election. Not even you. Or have you forgotten your own signature?

countrygun
08-19-2012, 17:28
Wait, you read my reply and took the fact that your numerical analysis is flat wrong as some sign that Paul supporters are irrelevant? The mental gymnastics you folks go through never ceases to amaze me. It's one of the few redeeming qualities of this forum.

I predicted in another thread that this presidential election will be the lowest turnout in at least 20 years. NO ONE wants to vote in this election. Not even you. Or have you forgotten your own signature?

Disorientation, and amnesia like. Denying his own statements

G19G20
08-19-2012, 17:46
Disorientation, and amnesia like. Denying his own statements

Thank you Dr. Joyce Brothers. Isn't it time for your daily fiber and catheter change?

G29Reload
08-19-2012, 17:58
Wait, you read my reply and took the fact that your numerical analysis is flat wrong as some sign that Paul supporters are irrelevant?

Your comments and butthurt, stated desire for revenge marginalize you at every post.

Yessir how pathetic.

countrygun
08-19-2012, 18:01
Thank you Dr. Joyce Brothers. Isn't it time for your daily fiber and catheter change?

So 53 is that "old" to you?

do you often have trouble with temporal relationships or are you eight-years old?

PawDog
08-19-2012, 18:19
Your comments and butthurt, stated desire for revenge marginalize you at every post.

Yessir how pathetic.

Actually, it's probably more appropriately, "Yessir, how HIGH," for this one too G29.......:smoking:

"It increases his paranoia, like looking in the mirror and seeing a police car......."

Cavalry Doc
08-19-2012, 19:01

I will vote. Guarantee it. Some of us consider it a duty. Some don't understand duty very much at all.:whistling:

You tried to pretend that many of the paul disciples weren't that interested enough to go vote. Now you are pretending that the guys that were mildly interested in Ron Paul, might suddenly wake up and become fervent Obama supporters if we don't treat you nicer than you've treated us???? But just maybe, if you are coddled here, they will vote for Romney??? PUH-lease. Get some coffee and a bag of chips.

If they were mildly interested enough to consider paul without voting, then turned to Barry, for any reason, and actually do vote, they were Dem voters to begin with.

Net loss still looks like zero for the Republican party cutting the Ron Paul guys loose. Makes a lot of sense when you look at the numbers.

G19G20
08-20-2012, 04:03
I will vote. Guarantee it. Some of us consider it a duty. Some don't understand duty very much at all.:whistling:

I said you don't want to vote, since you obviously don't like either candidate. The duty you refer to is the duty to march to the polls every few years and vote for who the media tells you to. That's not duty. That's called being a zombie. Unfortunately, there are plenty that will march like you do to vote for the new dictator but more people are seeing through the charade and will stay home.

You tried to pretend that many of the paul disciples weren't that interested enough to go vote.

Or couldn't due to reg issues, or were at college where they weren't registered, or don't trust the votes not to be rigged, or many other reasons. Has nothing to do with "interest". Young people don't vote, regardless of their interest in a candidate. Your analysis is still wrong and no amount of twisting will change that.

Now you are pretending that the guys that were mildly interested in Ron Paul, might suddenly wake up and become fervent Obama supporters if we don't treat you nicer than you've treated us????

What bs is this? Fervent Obama supporters? Huh? Caution: Strawman under construction.

But just maybe, if you are coddled here, they will vote for Romney??? PUH-lease. Get some coffee and a bag of chips.

Or keep doing what you're doing and guarantee they don't vote for Romney. Sounds like a grand plan.

If they were mildly interested enough to consider paul without voting, then turned to Barry, for any reason, and actually do vote, they were Dem voters to begin with.

More wrong analysis. Independents/unaffiliateds make up a huge percentage of the voting electorate. And a lot of people don't vote based on the color of a candidate's skin or their religious beliefs like your echo chamber would have you believe.

Net loss still looks like zero for the Republican party cutting the Ron Paul guys loose. Makes a lot of sense when you look at the numbers.

That's a toughie when we're winning enough delegates to put the guy into nomination, taking over state party organizations, and electing liberty minded candidates to offices around the country. Btw, if a "net loss" is all you're concerned with then your priorities are messed up big time. Your candidate still loses since the GOP is shrinking.

G29Reload
08-20-2012, 11:47
I said you don't want to vote, since you obviously don't like either candidate. The duty you refer to is the duty to march to the polls every few years and vote for who the media tells you to. That's not duty. That's called being a zombie. Unfortunately, there are plenty that will march like you do to vote for the new dictator but more people are seeing through the charade and will stay home.

Or couldn't due to reg issues, or were at college where they weren't registered, or don't trust the votes not to be rigged, or many other reasons. Has nothing to do with "interest". Young people don't vote, regardless of their interest in a candidate. Your analysis is still wrong and no amount of twisting will change that.

What bs is this? Fervent Obama supporters? Huh? Caution: Strawman under construction.

Or keep doing what you're doing and guarantee they don't vote for Romney. Sounds like a grand plan.

More wrong analysis. Independents/unaffiliateds make up a huge percentage of the voting electorate. And a lot of people don't vote based on the color of a candidate's skin or their religious beliefs like your echo chamber would have you believe.

That's a toughie when we're winning enough delegates to put the guy into nomination, taking over state party organizations, and electing liberty minded candidates to offices around the country. Btw, if a "net loss" is all you're concerned with then your priorities are messed up big time. Your candidate still loses since the GOP is shrinking.

Yessir how stoned.:rofl:

:wavey:

Cavalry Doc
08-20-2012, 12:21

So, everyone that doesn't agree 100% with a candidate are zombies, but the deification of Ron Paul and fervent adulation without question, are acts of free thinkers?

http://brainshavings.com/images/ron-paul-zombies.jpg

If someone thinks that they are going to the polls to vote for dictator, I think they SHOULD stay home, as they are completely uneducated and should not pollute the process.

Still, it's safe to say, if they didn't vote then, they are less likely to vote in November. Even more irrelevant than my initial predictions. I've already thanked you for pointing that out.

Does your sigline make anyone here think its possible for you to vote for Romney in November. It's an idle threat, nothing more.

Was there ever a chance you were going to vote for Romney in the General? Not likely. Therefore, no loss.

I've never considered the paulbots as independents. They have their guy, and are more likely to vote for someone other than Romney, many are even honest about it.

Ron Paul lost, so far, there are only two candidates likely to be president 6 months from now. We will both have to find a way to live with that. Somehow, I think that's going to be easier for me. But I don't believe I have more influence than I actually do.

countrygun
08-20-2012, 12:31
Does your sigline make anyone here think its possible for you to vote for Romney in November. It's an idle threat, nothing more.

Was there ever a chance you were going to vote for Romney in the General? Not likely. Therefore, no loss.

I think this is the crux of the issue for this particular poster.

All his life Mommy has been telling him how "special" he was and how his opinion mattered. Now he finds himself having enthusiastically backed a loser, because the poster has never come face-to-face with not getting his way before and he is having a hard time with the reality and he wants his rear kissed and be begged to vote for Romney to assuage his ego which has been so bruised by his own foolishness.

G19G20
08-20-2012, 13:37
I think this is the crux of the issue for this particular poster.

All his life Mommy has been telling him how "special" he was and how his opinion mattered. Now he finds himself having enthusiastically backed a loser, because the poster has never come face-to-face with not getting his way before and he is having a hard time with the reality and he wants his rear kissed and be begged to vote for Romney to assuage his ego which has been so bruised by his own foolishness.

I think it's better to support a loser and stick with him to the end based on shared principles than to keep bouncing between MULTIPLE losers....and still end up a loser anyway. My principles stay intact at least. Yours do not. How can someone honestly rail against Obamacare yet vote for the guy that wrote it??? Baffles me.

You're right on one part though, I do want to see you folks recognize that Mitt needs every last vote he can get, including mine. If you continue writing off voters then you're only guaranteeing the outcome you claim to be working against.

G19G20
08-20-2012, 13:53
So, everyone that doesn't agree 100% with a candidate are zombies, but the deification of Ron Paul and fervent adulation without question, are acts of free thinkers?

You should reread my post. Dutifully marching to the polls to vote for who the media picked makes you a zombie. Did it occur to you that the liberal media picked Romney because he's such a sure loss to Obama? Food for thought.

Still, it's safe to say, if they didn't vote then, they are less likely to vote in November. Even more irrelevant than my initial predictions. I've already thanked you for pointing that out.

You're still trying to salvage your bad analysis? Remember, today's young people won't always be young people. You may consider the verified 2+ million voters to be irrelevant but Pres elections have been decided by less than that in recent memory.

It's a fact. The GOP is dying. Registration is shrinking. The nominees get more liberal by the cycle. That spells the death of the party, at least in any substantive terms. Ive explained to you several times in depth what my sig means so I won't waste my time doing it again.

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies." - Professor Carrol Quigley, Tragedy and Hope (also Bill Clinton's personal mentor)

countrygun
08-20-2012, 13:55
I think it's better to support a loser and stick with him to the end based on shared principles than to keep bouncing between MULTIPLE losers....and still end up a loser anyway. My principles stay intact at least. Yours do not. How can someone honestly rail against Obamacare yet vote for the guy that wrote it??? Baffles me.

You're right on one part though, I do want to see you folks recognize that Mitt needs every last vote he can get, including mine. If you continue writing off voters then you're only guaranteeing the outcome you claim to be working against.

The "Obama care" and the gun control issues are worn out.

When I lived in town we had a City Councilman, later mayor, that I supported.
He had stood against folks wanting to ban all discharge of firearms in the City BUT had crafted a carefully worded regulation defining "negligently, carelessly, maliciously" discharge. Did that make him for gun control or did that mean he wanted those regs for the County, State or Country? No.

He also changed the parking regulations to outlaw diagonal parking, IN THE CITY, did that mean he would have supported a plan to ban diagonal parking in the entire Country? NO.

wjv
08-20-2012, 14:07

They are alike.

LOL

If you can't see the difference I feel very sorry for you. . .

wjv
08-20-2012, 14:09
It's a fact. The GOP is dying.

And after the Clinton mid-term elections when the republicans swept the house/senate even the MSM was questioning if the democrat party was dead. . .

countrygun
08-20-2012, 14:14
It's a fact. The GOP is dying.

Yup, and kicking Obama out will just about be the end of the Party:upeyes:

G19G20
08-20-2012, 14:22
The "Obama care" and the gun control issues are worn out.

How about his claims to be staunchly pro-choice? Is that worn out? I read your comment as saying you don't care about his record, only the letter next to his name. The Quigley quote should be apt to you.

When I lived in town we had a City Councilman, later mayor, that I supported.
He had stood against folks wanting to ban all discharge of firearms in the City BUT had crafted a carefully worded regulation defining "negligently, carelessly, maliciously" discharge. Did that make him for gun control or did that mean he wanted those regs for the County, State or Country? No.

He stood against them yet passed a law against it like they asked. Last I checked, endangering others through irresponsible actions, regardless of the method used, is already illegal everywhere. It's called reckless endangerment and disturbing the peace. I'd say YES he was for gun control. He was against it before he was for it? Sounds exactly like Romney and Obama both. I've heard Obama say numerous times that he "doesn't support this bill" then signs it into law any way. Romney has gone whatever way the wind blows his whole political career. Sounds like your Mayor was Pres material.

He also changed the parking regulations to outlaw diagonal parking, IN THE CITY, did that mean he would have supported a plan to ban diagonal parking in the entire Country? NO.

First, such a national law would be unconstitutional but who pays attention to that old thing nowadays. Second, you're speculating about what he would have done. He passed laws restricting freedom, not expanding it so he would be suspect in everything he does. Third, I'm talking about things that ARE being done, not hypotheticals. Obamacare has been passed. Romney wrote it. Obama signed it. Now we're supposed to pick between the two? End of story.

G29Reload
08-20-2012, 19:36
It's a fact. The GOP is dying. Registration is shrinking.

Another lie spread by G19G20.

Absolutely false. Levin commented on this the other night, noting that Republican registration is surging, in some precincts quadruple historic rates while Dem registration is stagnant or shrinking.

So, no, its NOT a fact at all, just another bit of trash propaganda you made up to badmouth the party you want to lose for not nominating your failed freakshow of a candidate.

Yessir How Butthurt.

Acujeff
08-20-2012, 20:05
You can't trust those Libertarians. It's the same highjack all over the GT political threads - avoid Romney, don’t vote or vote third party, and give Obama a 2nd term.

That's the reason you will not see them going to progressive and gun-control forums to encourage them to avoid Obama and vote third party. Nope, they come here to encourage gun-owners to vote against their own interests. It's up to individual gun-owners to make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

Notice G19G20 doesn't apply the same standards to Ron Paul who voted for more gun control than Romney.

Ron Paul

countrygun
08-20-2012, 20:54
He stood against them yet passed a law against it like they asked. Last I checked, endangering others through irresponsible actions, regardless of the method used, is already illegal everywhere. It's called reckless endangerment and disturbing the peace. I'd say YES he was for gun control. He was against it before he was for it? Sounds exactly like Romney and Obama both. I've heard Obama say numerous times that he "doesn't support this bill" then signs it into law any way. Romney has gone whatever way the wind blows his whole political career. Sounds like your Mayor was Pres material.

It's called the nature of politics AND knowing waht is needed in a situation. There already were recless endangering laws, but his shut up the local gun control yo-yos without changing squat for responsible users.

IF you were familiar with the American system of politics you would know that we elect our candidates in a cooperative manner, not just "which minority faction gets the most votes in the primary" you seem to have some rather primative idea that a tiny little minority should be able to corrupt the process and ignore the other voters if they pull enough tricks. You really lack an overall understanding of the primary system. I don't think, well in fact from your posts, I am sure, you don't understand the whole political system at all. You are a little child in soiled pampers, sitting in a sandbox yelling "it's not fair"

countrygun
08-20-2012, 20:59
You can't trust those Libertarians. It's the same highjack all over the GT political threads - avoid Romney, don’t vote or vote third party, and give Obama a 2nd term.

That's the reason you will not see them going to progressive and gun-control forums to encourage them to avoid Obama and vote third party. Nope, they come here to encourage gun-owners to vote against their own interests. It's up to individual gun-owners to make sure we're not scammed into giving Obama another term.

Notice G19G20 doesn't apply the same standards to Ron Paul who voted for more gun control than Romney.

Ron Paul

I just had to highlight those very accurate points.

They show up on a gun Forum and start throwing "gun control" around like it is some kind of bell they can ring to get a desired response. Despite the facts not even being in their favor on the issue they keep repeating it in true propogandist style.

And they do not attempt it on liberal/democratic sites.

They stand out like rat turds in a sugar bowl.

G19G20
08-21-2012, 02:36
It's called the nature of politics AND knowing waht is needed in a situation. There already were recless endangering laws, but his shut up the local gun control yo-yos without changing squat for responsible users.

I'd like to see someone repeal some personal liberty laws instead of adding more. By adding that law, someone that fired a gun would be charged with ANOTHER crime, on top of the crime already in place. What was the point of passing a law that's already on the books then? Assuaging a special interest? Sorry but you're not convincing me here. Special interests are a big reason why politics is broken. No integrity.

G19G20
08-21-2012, 02:51

Romney signed a law banning entire classes of weapons. Were you as forgiving when Clinton did the same? Finding someone else to pass blame upon?

Ron Paul

First, the "frivolous" part was injected by you or whoever you copied and pasted from. The bill was to ban ALL lawsuits against gun and ammo makers. Your reference is a lie. There are cases where gun and ammo manufacturers can be liable for damages.

Second, it's not a federal issue. Where is the ability to regulate lawsuits by the federal government in the Constitution? It's a state issue. Much of Paul's votes get confused over this sort of thing. If it's not in Article 1 Section 8 as an express duty of the federal government then it's a 10th Amendment issue and therefore a state's rights issue. That is the basic Constitutional position. Anything outside of A1S8 is automatically a no vote.

Not sure about this one, first Ive ever seen it. Will have to look into it. Source? Considering the questionable quality of your other reference, I'd question this claim as well. However, even if true, is this comparable to banning AR15's and AK's in Massachusetts as a gun control measure?

Found it at ontheissues.org:
Ron Paul's gun rights record
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Gun_Control.htm

Im not sure what to make of that vote honestly. I don't know enough about gun show background check laws in 1999 to comment. Still don't think it compares to signing an AWB though....

Acujeff
08-21-2012, 10:36
Romney signed a law banning entire classes of weapons. Were you as forgiving when Clinton did the same? Finding someone else to pass blame upon?

First, the "frivolous" part was injected by you or whoever you copied and pasted from. The bill was to ban ALL lawsuits against gun and ammo makers. Your reference is a lie. There are cases where gun and ammo manufacturers can be liable for damages.

Second, it's not a federal issue. Where is the ability to regulate lawsuits by the federal government in the Constitution? It's a state issue. Much of Paul's votes get confused over this sort of thing. If it's not in Article 1 Section 8 as an express duty of the federal government then it's a 10th Amendment issue and therefore a state's rights issue. That is the basic Constitutional position. Anything outside of A1S8 is automatically a no vote.

Not sure about this one, first Ive ever seen it. Will have to look into it. Source? Considering the questionable quality of your other reference, I'd question this claim as well. However, even if true, is this comparable to banning AR15's and AK's in Massachusetts as a gun control measure?

Found it at ontheissues.org:
Ron Paul's gun rights record
http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Gun_Control.htm

Im not sure what to make of that vote honestly. I don't know enough about gun show background check laws in 1999 to comment. Still don't think it compares to signing an AWB though....

The actual truth is Romney has never banned anything. In 2004, Romney signed a bill that amended the 1998 permanent AWB and made it less strict. G19G20 has to desparately falsefy facts to make his points. Romney record shows he only reduced gun control. The fact remains, Ron Paul has voted for more gun control than Romney.

Romney‘s entire record:

Obama has a huge record of anti-gun actions. Yet we don't see G19G20 and the Libertarians going to liberal forums and warning them to vote against him.

Can't trust the Libertarians.

G29Reload
08-21-2012, 10:57
If you can't see the difference I feel very sorry for you. . .

As with anyone who relies on Lew Rockwell, the fool is strong here.

Yessir how jingoistic

RC-RAMIE
08-21-2012, 12:05
Can't trust the Libertarians.

:rofl::rofl:

countrygun
08-21-2012, 13:59
I'd like to see someone repeal some personal liberty laws instead of adding more. By adding that law, someone that fired a gun would be charged with ANOTHER crime, on top of the crime already in place. What was the point of passing a law that's already on the books then? Assuaging a special interest? Sorry but you're not convincing me here. Special interests are a big reason why politics is broken. No integrity.

"Holier than thou" idealism in the face of reality and as a counterpoint to pragmatism, is a danger. The inability to see the logic of placating a a group, in a small town, by actually giving them nothing rather than have a major fight in which rights might really be in danger, is, I suppose a bit over the head of the simple minded idealists.

I really don't give a C**p about "convincing" you of anything.

I rather enjoy seeing just how different your idealistic notions are from the facts of politics in this Country. When it all comes down to it, you are merely sitting there saying "I don't care how it actually is, it should be my way"

You are amusing and actually quite harmless.