MonkeyBut [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MonkeyBut

RWBlue
08-13-2012, 19:44
After my long ride on Sunday I have a bad case of monkeybutt.

And to be too blunt it is between the cheeks not on the cheeks.

I would hate to have this during a SHTF.

Anyone have a quick fix?

deadmanglocking
08-13-2012, 19:46
Bodrouexs butt paste. Google it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Tikiwolf
08-13-2012, 19:47
Sounds like you need some Anti monkey butt powder or cream.

rilkil23
08-13-2012, 19:59
Sounds painful, thanks for not posting pictures.

I would think diaper rash cream would do the trick.

RWBlue
08-13-2012, 20:17

As I understand it this is a before item.

michael e
08-13-2012, 20:19
I have 5 -10 bottles of baby powder around the house, the better half laughs and says it looks like a white cloud following me in the mornings but I am outside all day and cant stand a wet ass or feet.

RWBlue
08-13-2012, 20:20

Looks like CVS has this.
So I know what I am doing before work.

Keoking
08-13-2012, 20:22

+1. Works for my 2yo, and daddy will use it after a long day of mowing the lawn.

RWBlue
08-13-2012, 20:25
Sounds painful, thanks for not posting pictures.

I would think diaper rash cream would do the trick.

What no...
:needspics:

Well here it is.
:fluffy:
:moonie:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/rwblue01/Gear/bike/P4090024.jpg

emt1581
08-13-2012, 20:25

Everyone that's used it reccommends it but that's on infants. Similarly Desitin might work well.

FWIW, I had a similar problem the last time I hopped on a bike...I was sore for a week. I refused to get back on ever since.

-Emt1581

Woofie
08-13-2012, 23:08
I got it today. Boudreaux's Butt Paste works wonders after the fact, but it is kind of pricey. Your best bet is to preload with some baby powder or petroleum jelly at the beginning of your day. In my experience the petroleum jelly lasts longer, even if it feels funny at first.

TangoFoxtrot
08-14-2012, 03:59
After my long ride on Sunday I have a bad case of monkeybutt.

And to be too blunt it is between the cheeks not on the cheeks.

I would hate to have this during a SHTF.

Anyone have a quick fix?

Yeah WASH your a**! :upeyes: This post is absolutely TMI!

BR549
08-14-2012, 07:04
What no...
:needspics:

Nice, that's so much better than I expected from GTSP.

:supergrin:

itstime
08-14-2012, 07:13
I use diaper rash cream. Wow it burns at first but clears up the mess quickly.

DoctaGlockta
08-14-2012, 07:23
Best formula for that kind of thing:

2 oz zinc oxide ointment ($4)
2 oz A+D ointment ($4)
1 oz Maalox or similar antacid ($4)
1 oz bacitracin ointment ($5)

Mix them together and slather away. Now that I think about it is a good s&p item to have put away. The maalox is good when you have the craps as it neutralizes the acid.

I've use that formula for all my kids when they were in diapers. Usually within a day their rash was gone.

Get a stick of Body Glide as well. Put that on before exercise to avoid the rash.

FAS1
08-14-2012, 07:42
http://gilessnyder.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/butt-butter.jpg

Gotta put it on before you ride. I have never had Monkey Butt using this stuff.

Maine1
08-14-2012, 09:22
In most dollar stores they have knockoff Gold Bonds body powder, This is what i use. prevents chafe, discomfort, athletes foot and crotch crickets.

Its in my Bob's too.

RWBlue
08-14-2012, 10:21
As quickly as it came it went away. I used some Burts Bee balm on it last night.

Now the big question is, why did I get it this time and not any other time I ride. I guess if it starts happening again, I will need to do some prevention.

Bodyarmorguy
08-14-2012, 10:24

Available at Wal Mart, works great.

mingaa
08-14-2012, 10:31
Yep - as an avid cyclist and former off road bike and motorcycle rider / racer I cannot tell you how much generic petroleum jelly I've gone though. A liberal application in advance of a ride followed by a good shower and a light reapplication after the fact will do wonders ESPECIALLY if you want (or have to) ride / race the next day as well!

Now let me explain the use of Band Aids on ones nipples...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvK_KWl_Q9rcYcDBEIJ3kTpbhaHusj43T3qVLHmVn_dwvJ3ut4_bf_fmSLhg

B.Reid
08-14-2012, 10:56
Get some Under Armor under ware, it wicks moisture away. Prevent the problem in the first place.

mingaa
08-14-2012, 11:00
Get some Under Armor under ware, it wicks moisture away. Prevent the problem in the first place.

They are applied in advance like Under Armor for po folks and what is in the photo is prevented! :crying:

SpectreRider
08-14-2012, 20:17
Tripple Antibiotic ointment- The dampness allows bacteria to thrive and then comes the pain. Tripple Antibiotic ointment can take you from pain to forgetting you even had monkey butt in as little as half an hour.

98LS-WON
08-14-2012, 21:22
I assume you have a good pair of padded bike shorts. If not, it is worth the investment. I've done a few centuries and never gotten any kind of chaffing I guess I'm lucky.

I know people that use body glide but I don't think they put it between their cheeks, good luck with that. I promise I'm not laughing.

PaulMason
08-15-2012, 05:39
I assume you have a good pair of padded bike shorts. If not, it is worth the investment. I've done a few centuries and never gotten any kind of chaffing I guess I'm lucky.

I know people that use body glide but I don't think they put it between their cheeks, good luck with that. I promise I'm not laughing.

Yes, I think what a person is wearing probably is the most important issue. I wear underwear with biking shorts and haven't had a problem.

September is a good time for sales on biking needs.

Subscribe to their email list for sales.
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategories_10053_10052_-1

Bilbo Bagins
08-15-2012, 07:05
I have 5 -10 bottles of baby powder around the house, the better half laughs and says it looks like a white cloud following me in the mornings but I am outside all day and cant stand a wet ass or feet.

I do the same thing with those little Gold Bond shaker bottels. They are in each bathroom, one bottle travels with us when we go on vacation, I take one when I camp for more than a day, and yes there is one in my BOB.

Its bad enough to go thru the EOTW zombie apocalypse...but to have a case of swamp ass on top of it...that is hell

itstime
08-15-2012, 07:51
I have to ask the people who use the powders. Doesn't the powder turn into a gooey paste in that damp area?

syntaxerrorsix
08-15-2012, 09:39
Tripple Antibiotic ointment- The dampness allows bacteria to thrive and then comes the pain. Tripple Antibiotic ointment can take you from pain to forgetting you even had monkey butt in as little as half an hour.

This.

On the trail I dust with Goldbond powder but if I catch a case of red monkey butt a little Neosporin zaps it right away.

Winds-of-change
08-15-2012, 09:42
Yep - as an avid cyclist and former off road bike and motorcycle rider / racer I cannot tell you how much generic petroleum jelly I've gone though. A liberal application in advance of a ride followed by a good shower and a light reapplication after the fact will do wonders ESPECIALLY if you want (or have to) ride / race the next day as well!

Now let me explain the use of Band Aids on ones nipples...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvK_KWl_Q9rcYcDBEIJ3kTpbhaHusj43T3qVLHmVn_dwvJ3ut4_bf_fmSLhg

That looks absolutely painful.

Bushflyr
08-15-2012, 11:45
F'ing HATE those stupid perforated shirts. :steamed: Went through a lot of bandaids when I ran XC.

RWBlue
08-15-2012, 18:03

Yes, I am wearing bike shorts. I have never had a problem and I hope I never will again.

What gets me is I have sweat more on trips. I have sweat less on trips. I only went maybe 5 miles more than I did the week before.

I don't know.

Maine1
08-15-2012, 18:07
I have to ask the people who use the powders. Doesn't the powder turn into a gooey paste in that damp area?

No, unless you dump is halfa can. Just a sprinkle, ok more than that, but i'd never had that problem. some filters into the clothing, some out the pantlegs.

syntaxerrorsix
08-15-2012, 18:08
The red monkey butt is treacherous. Always be prepared.

dcc12
08-19-2012, 17:34
Corona ointment ok I know it's veterinary grade buts its high in Lanolin and I would never use it on my self or any other human.:whistling:

Kevin108
08-19-2012, 19:01
I've heard a lot of guys complain about this. I've worked outside since early 2000. When I get home from work, I do stuff in the yard or out in the garage. On the weekends, I'm outside doing stuff, riding my ATV, wrenching on my Jeep, etc.

I'm outside a lot and have been for a long time. I've never had an issues with this. Do you wear jeans in the summer?

RWBlue
08-19-2012, 19:06
Do you wear jeans in the summer?

I have not worn jeans in a long time.

I am not sure if I I have a pair of jeans that fit. I came to the conclusion that I find cargo pants more comfortable.

UneasyRider
08-20-2012, 05:13

Nice bike. We have a couple of Trek Navigators set up the same with a rack and bag and really enjoy them.

As for the monkey butt... if it involves hair being pulled, remove it.

schild
08-20-2012, 05:17
www.dz-nuts.com

"Protect your junk"