Zo discusses Godless politicians- names names... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zo discusses Godless politicians- names names...

Skyhook
08-14-2012, 11:54
Zo is one of the finest men and one of the greatest commentators of this troubled period. Enjoy. http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=mpg&mpid=84&load=7314

Guss
08-14-2012, 18:54
Just another primitive dude who thinks that teaching evolution is anti-god. And then there's his strange concept that because God gave man "dominion" over the earth that man can do anything he wants with it. Man was put on earth to tend it at keep it in good shape for its real owner (Gen 2:15). So being a proper custodian of the planet is not just some liberal notion, it's what God meant to be.

Kentak
08-14-2012, 19:55
From Article VI:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Look at the language of this section. Not just, "...no religious test shall be required," but, "...shall EVER be required..."

The Founding Fathers obviously felt very strongly about the issue of--yes--separating religion and government. Not only did they want government to keep hands off regulating religion (First Amendment), but the Article VI language makes clear participation in government is to be religion neutral.

Very wise men, these Founding Fathers.

SDDL-UP
08-15-2012, 00:24
Whoaaa there...

"participation in government is to be religion neutral" Compulsory and voluntary participation are two very different things. I have NEVER read anything that prohibits the VOLUNTARY practice of religion just because a person is also in public office.

I don't think most people have a problem with government officials having one particular religious belief or another - they're just tired of all the hypocrites!

Kentak
08-15-2012, 05:12
Of course. What I meant is that the framers, by this prohibition of religious tests for office holders, intended participation to be open to all.

Paul7
08-15-2012, 08:05
What's wrong with Zo informing the electorate?