Scope Rings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scope Rings

.50 cal
08-14-2012, 18:19
Hello, I recently began developing a firearm tool, I would like to include the most popular sized tool to adjust scope rings, what would the most popular sized hex key or torx key be? Do you have to adjust the tension on your rings frequently? Thanks for any input

faawrenchbndr
08-14-2012, 18:27
Get a Set of Wheeler Engineering bits.
Once I set my rings with a Fat Wrench, I do check them but
have not had any loosen.

.50 cal
08-14-2012, 19:00
Get a Set of Wheeler Engineering bits.
Once I set my rings with a Fat Wrench, I do check them but
have not had any loosen.

Good to hear they do not require frequent tightening, buying the bits won't help me, I'm wondering if the rings have a universal size required like a t-10 or t-15, if the rings are mostly different sized I will omit it as a tool, I'm running out of room in the design anyway

hogship
08-14-2012, 21:52
Maybe I'm just a dinosaur........but, I don't believe I have a single set of rings that use torx head screws!.......probably have at least a dozen rifles that are scoped, too!

If I were to go and buy rings today......do you mean that they all use torx now?

If so, that would be an improvement over slotted, and even hex head screws......:supergrin:

ooc

.50 cal
08-14-2012, 22:25
The cheap rings I have seen used torx, I never used any scope rings, what size Allen key do yours use?

3rdgen40
08-15-2012, 21:06
The cheap rings I have seen used torx, I never used any scope rings, what size Allen key do yours use?
Will have to check but i think 3/32 is the common size.

Travclem
08-16-2012, 09:00
Maybe I'm just a dinosaur........but, I don't believe I have a single set of rings that use torx head screws!.......probably have at least a dozen rifles that are scoped, too!

If I were to go and buy rings today......do you mean that they all use torx now?

If so, that would be an improvement over slotted, and even hex head screws......:supergrin:

ooc
I know that all of my Leupoold and DNZ rings use torx screws.

.50 cal
08-16-2012, 10:05
I know that all of my Leupoold and DNZ rings use torx screws.

What size torx? Are they all the same?

Travclem
08-16-2012, 10:12
What size torx? Are they all the same?
All of mine are T15.