Is it me or those guns? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or those guns?

AWGD8
08-14-2012, 20:44
I currently have 3 guns, Glock 39 45 GAP , SA XDs 45 and Sig Sauer P938 Extreme 9mm.

- Glock 39 45 GAP 200 grains Lawman FMJ ammo.
- XDs 45 Federal 230 grains FMJ (Walmart)
- Sig Sauer P938 115 grains Winchester white box FMJ (Walmart)

So when I shot all of them @ 7 yards, both 45 caliber guns need to be shot at 6 O` clock hold. About 4-5 inches below the bullseye.

For the Sig P938 9mm it is around 6 inches or more below the bullseye. That is placing the front sight tip 6 inches below the bullseye.

So at 7 yards during real life self defense, I need to point the gun at the bad guy`s hip level in order to hit the chest?
If I aim for chest , I`ll then hit the head? :dunno:

Is it me or It`s just happen to have all my guns to be aimed at
6 O`clock?

Never Nervous
08-14-2012, 21:16
One gun shooting low, may be the gun. Three guns shooting low, me thinks it is you. You may be bracing for the expected recoil and pointing the gun down to compensate. You should get plenty answers on this one. Good luck with your shooting.

NN

AWGD8
08-14-2012, 21:33
One gun shooting low, may be the gun. Three guns shooting low, me thinks it is you. You may be bracing for the expected recoil and pointing the gun down to compensate. You should get plenty answers on this one. Good luck with your shooting.

NN

Actually, 3 guns are all shooting high and I compensate point of aim lower to hit the intended target.

hogship
08-14-2012, 22:08
Actually, 3 guns are all shooting high and I compensate point of aim lower to hit the intended target.

You may want to let a friend shoot your guns and see how he does with them........

.......and/or see how you do with his guns.......:wavey:

ooc