Sick and Tired of Statistics from other countries.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired of Statistics from other countries..

whoflungdo
08-15-2012, 08:00
I'm getting sick of polls and statistics from other countries being used to try and make things "better" here. What works in other countries does not necessarily work here. We are unique is size, scope, population and culture. We are who we are because we are different from all the other nations. People come here in droves to get away from problems in their own country. Yes, we have our own problems. Yes, we can change for the better. Yes, there is room for improvement. However, I wouldn't trade our problems as a nation for any other country's. Yes, we can be your friend and/or your ally.. Just don't expect us to be you. Just because something works or doesn't work in any other country in the world, doesn't mean it will have the same impact or outcome here.

This seems to be what many want. They want us to be like country x, or ask "Why can't we be more like (insert any European nation/country/Union)? From gun-control, to Health Care, to taxes, to regulations. Why can't we just be who we are?

JFrame
08-15-2012, 09:20
I will be glad to listen to any other country that had a Constitution and Bill of Rights like our nation during the formation of theirs.