Gun Stories not helping with their AK-47 piece tonight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Stories not helping with their AK-47 piece tonight

glock2740
08-15-2012, 18:15
Tonight they are covering the AK. They haven't shown it in semi-auto all night. Only full auto. In America, which is the ONLY place on earth that matters, 99% of the AK's out there are NOT full auto. This show is doing a disservice, IMO, to the AK, as it is known in the US. :upeyes: Normally I like this show alot. And I like this episode on the AK, but with the current media anti-gun propaganda/election spin cycle currently happening, this story could have been told a little better. I also realize that lefty nimrods probably don't watch this show, but they have their little spies always lurking to help spread their :puking:

End of rant. :)

countrygun
08-15-2012, 18:20
I'm watching it right now. Within the parameters of TV it is pretty accurate. I will wait to see if they make the distinction between the semi and the full auto. I have a strong hunch they will.

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 18:25
Americans are MORONS!

Always have been and always will be.

This is what the demoCRAPS count on.....and they are never disappointed!

Americans are IDIOTS! Plain and simple.

TGG (one of the FEW SMART Americans left in this country!):steamed:

GAFinch
08-15-2012, 18:36
I'm a gun lover but when I think of AK's, I think of full auto weapons used by Commies, Islamists, and other third world warlords. I realize that some are made mostly in the US nowadays, but I don't think I'll ever think of them as guns that belong in this country.

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 18:41
I'm a gun lover but when I think of AK's, I think of full auto weapons used by Commies, Islamists, and other third world warlords. I realize that some are made mostly in the US nowadays, but I don't think I'll ever think of them as guns that belong in this country.

:wow:

That is so UN-natural!!!!!!!:wavey:

They belong in my collection....as many as I can afford to buy!http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/gunguru364/The%20AKs/0ae4f84d-1.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/gunguru364/The%20AKs/photobucket-2707-1324501208271.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa310/gunguru364/The%20AKs/0731081641-2.jpg

AKs ROCK!!!!!:rock:

TGG

countrygun
08-15-2012, 18:41
They did give a one sentence mention of "semi automatic models for the civillian market" but I think they could have done a much better job if they had taken about 30 seconds to spell it out.

dnuggett
08-15-2012, 18:44
Americans are MORONS!

Your generalization makes me sick. Do not degrade the country or those that have fought for it with your idiotic generalization. Thanks.

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 18:51
Your generalization makes me sick. Do not degrade the country or those that have fought for it with your idiotic generalization. Thanks.

Too late. I call it like I see it.

If you think this country is loaded with smart people you are either under the age of 30 or a moron yourself.

WAKE UP!!!!!:wavey:

TGG

glock2740
08-15-2012, 18:51
Americans are MORONS!

You might want to re-phrase your idiotic post. :upeyes:

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 18:53
You might want to re-phrase your idiotic post. :upeyes:

No, I like it the way it is, thanks.

TGG

dnuggett
08-15-2012, 18:53
Too late. I call it like I see it.

If you think this country is loaded with smart people you are either under the age of 30 or a moron yourself.

WAKE UP!!!!!:wavey:

TGG

You see it through weak, defeatist glasses. Get up, grab your skirt and help fix it.

Grow a set and quit crying. :wavey:

RustyShackelford
08-15-2012, 18:55
I have never seen this show, but would be willing to view it. Which network is it?

/too lazy to Google

NeverMore1701
08-15-2012, 18:55
No, I like it the way it is, thanks.

TGG

Good thing the rest of us don't, or there would be no hope at all.

Retard.

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 18:57
You see it through weak, defeatist glasses. Get up, grab your skirt and help fix it.

Grow a set and quit crying. :wavey:

:rofl:

As Ron White once said.....

"You can't fix stupid."

It's true.

TGG

NeverMore1701
08-15-2012, 18:58

"You can't fix stupid."

It's true.

TGG

And here you are as proof.

FireForged
08-15-2012, 18:59
Well, if they are talking about the AK47... its not some semi-auto imported by Century arms, its a full auto Assault Rifle. If the people viewing the show do not know that semi auto variants exist, its not really the fault or concern of "gun stories".

schild
08-15-2012, 19:00

I'm glad your opinion doesn't count.:supergrin:

dnuggett
08-15-2012, 19:05

"You can't fix stupid."

It's true.

TGG

Succumb to it on your knees like a peasant then. The rest of us realize there are plenty of good folks willing to fight the stupidity, liberalism and cowards. We have taken up the fight and will continue it. From what I can tell of your comments, I am glad you have given up. We don't need weak knees. :50cal: :patriot:

El_Ron1
08-15-2012, 19:06
but I don't think I'll ever think of them as guns that belong in this country. Zumbo, is that you?

GAFinch
08-15-2012, 19:15
I'm glad your opinion doesn't count.:supergrin:

Don't get me wrong, I've shot them when I was younger and I understand the appeal when surplus AK's and their ammo were dirt cheap, but now that prices are up and quality is down, and quality AR's can be assembled for the same price, I don't see the point. Same goes for Makarov's.

FireForged
08-15-2012, 19:21
Don't get me wrong, I've shot them when I was younger and I understand the appeal when surplus AK's and their ammo were dirt cheap, but now that prices are up and quality is down, and quality AR's can be assembled for the same price, I don't see the point. Same goes for Makarov's.

yep.. I love AK variants but I would never buy one at todays prices. I am glad I bought them when I could get a Polytech for $325 and any ole SKS was $50.

Restless28
08-15-2012, 19:36
yep.. I love AK variants but I would never buy one at todays prices. I am glad I bought them when I could get a Polytech for $325 and any ole SKS was $50.

Yeah, I learned my lesson on AK value. Everyone recommends an Arsenal. The SGL runs $820-850. I bought a Colt LE6920 FDE MOE with 2 PMags for $1050.

At this point in time, the AR is a better value, IMO.

Brazos
08-15-2012, 19:45
I am with the OP. if you are going to have a show on TV covering AK's or AR15's you need to make numerous references that full auto is not legal without numerous hurdles and lots of $$. Most Americans think guns you see in the movies are totally legal, buy Walmart, ..... So when gun control bills come up most people agree that a full auto M60 machine gun is not needed for hunting and support the ban. My wife lives in a house full of guns. Sees guns everyday. She has no idea what's what or how they work. She is very smart and pro gun but if not for me who knows what her stance would be as she doesn't know what she is talking about when it comes to guns. She just is not interested. Somebody like her sees a show on TV and that is their new reality.

glock2740
08-15-2012, 20:00
And here you are as proof.
:rofl:Hammer hit's nail on head. Well said. :rofl:

The_Gun_Guru
08-15-2012, 20:01
I am with the OP. if you are going to have a show on TV covering AK's or AR15's you need to make numerous references that full auto is not legal without numerous hurdles and lots of $$. Most Americans think guns you see in the movies are totally legal, buy Walmart, ..... So when gun control bills come up most people agree that a full auto M60 machine gun is not needed for hunting and support the ban. My wife lives in a house full of guns. Sees guns everyday. She has no idea what's what or how they work. She is very smart and pro gun but if not for me who knows what her stance would be as she doesn't know what she is talking about when it comes to guns. She just is not interested. Somebody like her sees a show on TV and that is their new reality.

Hence, my point!:wavey:

Most people believe what they see on TV or read in the paper (or on the Internet), two VERY POWERFUL mediums, and the liberals use that to THEIR advantage.

They count on people being stupid so that they can control them. It is their agenda and it is very dangerous!

TGG

glock2740
08-15-2012, 20:06

Most people believe what they see on TV or read in the paper (or on the Internet), two VERY POWERFUL mediums, and the liberals use that to THEIR advantage.

They count on people being stupid so that they can control them. It is their agenda and it is very dangerous!

TGG
See, if you could have worded it more like this the first time...:upeyes: Think before typing. I agree with this post of yours. But your first was ridiculous. Especially on a pro-gun forum. It would've fit right in at Starbucks, just not here.

dnuggett
08-15-2012, 20:11

TGG

What a bass ackwards way of making a point. I'm not actually sure which personality or posting I believe. I however will stand behind every damn word I said.

gatorboy
08-15-2012, 20:34
When ever I read TGG's post's with all the capitalization, exclamation points and colors; I think of some meth-head running circles in the kitchen furiously punching key's on a lap-top.

countrygun
08-15-2012, 20:52

TGG

Now that makes sense and sounds a lot more like the meds are working.:supergrin:

G36's Rule
08-15-2012, 21:24
Americans are MORONS!

Hmmm, yeah you should put down the bottle.

Dawolf
08-15-2012, 21:32
I'm watching it right now. Within the parameters of TV it is pretty accurate. I will wait to see if they make the distinction between the semi and the full auto. I have a strong hunch they will.

The lib-morons only hear the words automatic and gun. They ignore the semi and start their knees jerking rapidly.

panzer1
08-15-2012, 21:46
You might want to re-phrase your idiotic post. :upeyes:Well he as a point.(SOME WHAT ON ONE THING THAT IS) Americans did vote Obama in. I still can't believe it. And most will still vote for he today.:shocked:

countrygun
08-15-2012, 21:47
The lib-morons only hear the words automatic and gun. They ignore the semi and start their knees jerking rapidly.

It's not them i worry about,you are right.

But if just one person says "Ahhh. I didn't know that Now I ubderstand" then it would be worth it.

glock2740
08-15-2012, 22:17
Well he as a point.(SOME WHAT ON ONE THING THAT IS) Americans did vote Obama in. I still can't believe it. And most will still vote for he today.:shocked:
The sad truth about that election was that a bunch of dead people voted...twice, along with a ton of other unregistered voters as well. And let's not forget all of the over seas absentee military votes "that didn't quite make it in on time." :upeyes:

arclight610
08-15-2012, 22:42
Americans are MORONS!

17 year old girl develops less invasive means of detecting breast cancer

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/budding-scientist/2012/07/25/teen-develops-less-invasive-means-to-detect-breast-cancer/

15 year old kid dopes filter paper with carbon nanotubes and develops way to cheaply detect pancreatic cancer

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2012/06/18/wait-did-this-15-year-old-from-maryland-just-change-cancer-treatment/

We Americans are real dumb.

Big Mad Dawg
08-16-2012, 00:41
Trust me the rest of the world has more than it’s fare share of stupid people. Americans that are stupid are stupid by choice, a great example are liberals and democrats.

Just be glad you got gun stories (I have not even seen one show) to watch I get to see the same 10 movies over and over on my three English channels.

fnfalman
08-16-2012, 08:43
Americans are MORONS!

I agree with you. So, I'll see you at the voting booth while voting for Gary Johnson instead of Obomoromney?

fnfalman
08-16-2012, 08:44
Well he as a point.(SOME WHAT ON ONE THING THAT IS) Americans did vote Obama in. I still can't believe it. And most will still vote for he today.:shocked:

Americans also voted in Dubya Daddy, Klinton and Dubya too. So why are you so surprised about Obama?

gatorboy
08-16-2012, 09:21
Americans also voted in Dubya Daddy, Klinton and Dubya too. So why are you so surprised about Obama?

Don't forget Carter!

WarEagle32
08-16-2012, 10:22
They did give a one sentence mention of "semi automatic models for the civillian market" but I think they could have done a much better job if they had taken about 30 seconds to spell it out.

I agree. I watched the show last night myself.

H&K 4 LIFE
08-16-2012, 10:30
...This show is doing a disservice...

Forgive me, but I don't think showing an AK operating in full-auto mode on a gun show does anymore of a "disservice" then someone driving a Ferrari at 180mph on Top Gear.

If you understand full-automatic firearms then you know that they are no more "deadly" then a semi-automatic firearm. You also understand the strict laws surrounding their transfer, purchase and possession.

Additionally, if someone is truly scared of a firearm simply because it is full-auto then they are ignorant of the facts and probably also just as scared of the equivalent semi-auto version.

Firecop203
08-16-2012, 10:38
I just saw it. The part I thought was boring was it seemed like every two minutes they showed a guy doing a full auto mag dump at the range. Over and over and over.

FireForged
08-16-2012, 10:53
Forgive me, but I don't think showing an AK operating in full-auto mode on a gun show does anymore of a "disservice" then someone driving a Ferrari at 180mph on Top Gear.

If you understand full-automatic firearms then you know that they are no more "deadly" then a semi-automatic firearm. You also understand the strict laws surrounding their transfer, purchase and possession.

Additionally, if someone is truly scared of a firearm simply because it is full-auto then they are ignorant of the facts and probably also just as scared of the equivalent semi-auto version.

I agree with H&K 4life,

I happened to catch the AK gunstories last night around midnight, watched the complete episode and thought it was very good. The show is about the AK47 not the legalites of the rifle and its variants in the USA. Gunstories is exactly that, "gun stories"... its not about gunlaws is about theGun.

The media knows all about full auto/ semi auto and I would be inclined to beleive that 99% of the general public do as well. They simply are not going to acknowlege it outloud becuase it doesnt bolster their argument or spin. The other 1% who believe that any ole joe can purchase a full auto AK at the store is probably not going to be convinced otherwise.

The_Gun_Guru
08-16-2012, 15:43
You guys crack me up!:rofl:

If you knew me you would be scratching your heads and saying, "I thought he was crazy!".

I'm just opinionated and don't care what you think about me....that is all.

You guys do make me laugh though!:rofl:

TGG

dnuggett
08-16-2012, 17:16
You guys crack me up!:rofl:

I'm just opinionated and don't care what you think about me....that is all.

You guys do make me laugh though!:rofl:

TGG

Normally you return the favor quite well. This time it was a total failure. I was able to shake my head quite a bit though, congrats on that.

The_Gun_Guru
08-16-2012, 18:20
Normally you return the favor quite well. This time it was a total failure. I was able to shake my head quite a bit though, congrats on that.

You're welcome!:rofl:

I do what I can.

TGG

ithaca_deerslayer
08-17-2012, 05:56
A lot of anti-gun people know there is a difference between full auto military and semi-auto civilian. But they also think everyone is buying a 25 cent part to convert them to full auto.

How do you do that, I ask them?

Jade Falcon
08-17-2012, 17:56
I watched it twice, and I thought it was pretty accurate. I like Joe; he's got the right tone and attitude/persona for the show. The only thing that bothered me about this particular episode is when the old guy in the cowboy hat said that he wouldn't buy an AK-47 because they're "Un-American". :upeyes: Seriously? You still call fries "Freedom-Fries" too?

Whatever. When the end of the world comes, you can clean your AR after 1,000 rounds, and I'll pick up my "Un-American" Romanian and keep on truckin'.