FOX News: Ryan Budget Plan Doesn't Actually Slash the Budget [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FOX News: Ryan Budget Plan Doesn't Actually Slash the Budget

Ruble Noon
08-16-2012, 04:51
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/fox-news-ryan-budget-plan-doesnt.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+economicpolicyjournal%2FKpwH+%28EconomicPolicyJournal.com%29

The Machinist
08-16-2012, 05:22
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t5-NowizJZM/UCqo5GKaW5I/AAAAAAAABZ0/Uh7_68Cxc1I/s1600/graph_ryanbudget3.jpg

Kingarthurhk
08-16-2012, 05:33
Ironic, I posted that earlier, and no one was impressed. Perhaps, they might take you more seriously.

Flying-Dutchman
08-16-2012, 05:49
It will take more than 1 Congressman (Paul Ryan) to tame this monstrously large Federal Government.

All the other politicians are too cowardly to propose a plan preferring to throw stones at Ryan’s plan.

Obama’s budget was voted down 97-0 by the Democrat controlled Senate.

GAFinch
08-16-2012, 07:06
Thinking in 10 year increments is what got us into this mess. Any budget proposal has to have the support of 60% of Americans (60% of votes in both chambers of Congress). There's absolutely no way for a minority of our population to unilaterally close a $1.3 trillion/year spending gap in 10 years, short of instituting a dictatorship. No matter what we think about SS, Medicare, etc., the fact is that people have been planning their retirement for the past 20 or 30 years based on certain government promises. Both Romney and Ryan are taking a necessary long term approach that minimizes the impact on older folks while addressing both our short term spending excesses and the longer term unfunded liabilities that would balloon the yearly deficits to multiple trillions of dollars. An imperfect plan that's implemented is far better than a great one that never is.

series1811
08-16-2012, 07:19
A good rule of thumb, in my experience, for any financial mess is that it will take you about twice as long to get out of it as it took you to get into it.

We didn't get into this mess in a year, and we sure aren't going to get out of it in a year.

Obama's idea was to make it worse to make it better. I think we can reject that strategy at this point and try making it a little better to make it better.

Cavalry Doc
08-16-2012, 07:34
Everyone does realize that the vice president doesn't submit budgets, his boss does.

JFrame
08-16-2012, 08:59
Y'know -- a trillion here, a trillion there -- eventually, you're talking about real money.

aircarver
08-16-2012, 09:40
It's like turning an oil tanker- lots of momentum to overcome .... but first, you have to start trying ....

evlbruce
08-16-2012, 11:53
Paul Ryan deserves a great deal of credit for even lightly brushing a couple of political third rails. That said, it's time to be honest and admit that his budget is extremely modest when it comes to balancing the budget and tackling the debt. His plan is at least a decade too late.

czsmithGT
08-16-2012, 12:02
Paul Ryan deserves a great deal of credit for even lightly brushing a couple of political third rails. That said, it's time to be honest and admit that his budget is extremely modest when it comes to balancing the budget and tackling the debt. His plan is at least a decade too late.

Yes every politician who says he will cut spending is a liar. Projecting a decrease in the rate of spending increase is considered a spending cut. They are ALL liars- it is only a matter of degree.

FFR Spyder GT
08-16-2012, 13:29
Yes every politician who says he will cut spending is a liar. Projecting a decrease in the rate of spending increase is considered a spending cut. They are ALL liars- it is only a matter of degree.

+1.

Kinda like having a hungry fox guard the hen house.