Non-dip extractors [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Non-dip extractors

PAGunner
08-16-2012, 05:35
Been going back and forth on what I'm gonna do. I think I'm gonna take a chance on a 23 and 21 this weekend. I would however like to buy a non-dip extractor for each of these firearms. I know midway USA is supposed to have them, but they have a couple different extractors listed, none say "dip" or "non-dip", so how do I figure out which ones are non dip? I'm gonna need to order a .40 and .45 extractor. Thank you.

ghostrider88
08-16-2012, 10:39
The lone wolf extractor is the non dipped , I have 2 Glocks with the dipped ex. No problems .:cool:

PAGunner
08-16-2012, 10:48
The lone wolf extractor is the non dipped , I have 2 Glocks with the dipped ex. No problems .:cool:
No Glock is now making OEM non-dip extractors again, although I think they might be different than the Pre 2009 OEM dip extractors.

skyboss_4evr
08-16-2012, 11:47
The new "non-dipped" extractors that you refer to are the 9mm variety only. The .40 extractors still have the dip.

That said, my G27 Gen4 and G23 Gen4 both function flawlessly.

PAGunner
08-16-2012, 12:03
The new "non-dipped" extractors that you refer to are the 9mm variety only. The .40 extractors still have the dip.

That said, my G27 Gen4 and G23 Gen4 both function flawlessly.

So Glock only changed the 9mm extractors? That seems odd, but I'm not surprised.

skyboss_4evr
08-16-2012, 12:08
So Glock only changed the 9mm extractors? That seems odd, but I'm not surprised.

I believe that to be the case. I tried to get some non-dip .40 extractors from glockparts.com, but Dave said the only non-dip ones he'd seen were 9mm extractors.

PAGunner
08-16-2012, 12:22
I believe that to be the case. I tried to get some non-dip .40 extractors from glockparts.com, but Dave said the only non-dip ones he'd seen were 9mm extractors.

That kinda stinks, I bet they'd clear 99% of these issues if thu just made non-dip extractors... I still might take the Glock plunge again, contemplating buying an M&P has made me feel like I'm cheatin on a girlfriend or something.

SJ 40
08-16-2012, 12:51
That kinda stinks, I bet they'd clear 99% of these issues if thu just made non-dip extractors... I still might take the Glock plunge again, contemplating buying an M&P has made me feel like I'm cheatin on a girlfriend or something.PA Gunner my best suggestion would be to locate a good clean used Glock ,caliber of your choice manufactured prior to December 2006. It will make for a more harmonious outcome and you won't be cheating on your girlfriend. SJ 40

tacmc6
08-16-2012, 14:05
Some say prior 2006 some 2009---what is the diff---when did things really change?

SJ 40
08-16-2012, 16:47
Some say prior 2006 some 2009---what is the diff---when did things really change?My understanding is sometime around mid 07 they went MiMed on their extractors.It would be nice if their were a exact date but I know historically most gun companies take sometime to deplete parts in stock.
Me I'm not that trusting and not willing to leave things to chance,in fact my newest Glock is from 05 but again this works for me it may not for everyone. SJ 40

tacmc6
08-16-2012, 17:33
My "newest" Glock is a July 2007 Homeland Defender edition 9mm. I use WWB and Winchester NATO. Occasional brass back to my right forearm but nothing more. My wife shoots a Gen 2 19 (1994 made) and learned to wear proper attire while shooting (brass down the top). We have owned numerous Glocks over the years and I carried them before retiring LEO. I'm not sure what the prob is, grip,ammo, extractor, but it seems like its been going on for awhile. Just a thought----don't really know. THANKS

diamondd2
08-16-2012, 17:53
Been going back and forth on what I'm gonna do. I think I'm gonna take a chance on a 23 and 21 this weekend. I would however like to buy a non-dip extractor for each of these firearms. I know midway USA is supposed to have them, but they have a couple different extractors listed, none say "dip" or "non-dip", so how do I figure out which ones are non dip? I'm gonna need to order a .40 and .45 extractor. Thank you.

The G21's come with non-dipped extractors still.

The G23's use the non-dipped but rarely have problems. My G23 G4 non dipped sends them flying right about 8'.

skyboss_4evr
08-16-2012, 18:04
All this dip/non-dip stuff is giving me a headache.

I say again, my two gen4 .40's, both with dipped extractors, have been 100% reliable and eject properly.

diamondd2
08-16-2012, 18:11
All this dip/non-dip stuff is giving me a headache.

I say again, my two gen4 .40's, both with dipped extractors, have been 100% reliable and eject properly.

Dipped/non-dipped is not a 40 issue, it's a 9mm issue. And the 45's come with non-dipped.

glockenturm
08-17-2012, 01:14
This is an OEM Glock 9mm from LWD. Is this non-dipped? I have a dipped extractor and no problems.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=426&CAT=172

Eagle1
08-17-2012, 14:15
This is an OEM Glock 9mm from LWD. Is this non-dipped? I have a dipped extractor and no problems.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=426&CAT=172

that appears to be a non dipped extractor but is hard to say for sure because it is on the otherside we need to see.

tonyparson
08-17-2012, 14:18
You can get no-dip extractors on eBay for around $17 with free shipping..

JBP55
08-17-2012, 14:47
Almost all my Glocks have the dipped extractors and I have never had an issue with any of them Gen 3 or Gen 4.

FiremanJim
09-04-2012, 18:29
will a non-dipped extractor from a .40 cal work in a 9mm Glock?they look pretty much the same,figured? I have a G27 with a non-dipped extractor ,i was thinking of popping it in my Face blasting G19 and see if it helps.

cqb
11-02-2012, 20:15
What is the glock part number on the "non dip" extractor? Is it SP01895? Are these carbon steel, non-MIM now, or did they just change some geometry on the part? I didn't know this existed and am behind the curve...

gunsmoke92
11-02-2012, 22:08
I'm going to play the idiot here and ask the ultimate stupid question. What exactly is a dipped or non dipped extractor? Before someone beats me up to much, I do know what an extractor is :whistling:, just don't understand the dipped vs non dipped thing. :dunno: I've been away from Glocks for a while, until recently.

AustinTx
11-02-2012, 23:13

You have decided to buy the Glock, good. Just shoot them, before you start ordering new parts. They may work.

whirlibird
11-02-2012, 23:41
I'm going to play the idiot here and ask the ultimate stupid question. What exactly is a dipped or non dipped extractor? Before someone beats me up to much, I do know what an extractor is :whistling:, just don't understand the dipped vs non dipped thing. :dunno: I've been away from Glocks for a while, until recently.

http://5ringstactical.com/?p=497

fastbolt
11-03-2012, 13:26
FWIW, The erratic ejection issue I was experiencing with my late production Gen3 G26 was resolved by replacing the original ejector & extractor with parts of similar design/manufacture (meaning the "dipped" style extractor).

The new style 9mm ejector didn't change anything, so I tried a couple of older style ejectors until my new G26 was running similar to my older G26.

I still have some of the new style 9/.40 ejectors, given to me by Glock, in the event I have someone bring me an early Gen4 or late Gen3 gun which exhibits erratic ejection, but it didn't resolve the issue in my late Gen3 gun. It was using different old style parts which did the trick.

Sometimes "parts is parts".

Try any new gun (regardless of make) and see how it runs with good quality factory ammo, when clean & lubricated, in the hands of an experienced shooter using a reasonable grip technique.

If the gun works as intended, fine. Don't start changing parts. (Some folks may have unrealistic expectations about how guns function and work under a variety of real world conditions, anyway. :whistling: )

SCmasterblaster
11-03-2012, 13:31
Would someone tell me? What is a dipped extractor? And a non-dipped? Why the difference?

mdpbowtech
11-03-2012, 13:46
It is my understanding that glock is now using a non dipped to try and fix the problems that they have had. Its pretty much the way it sounds. The previous extractors have a dip in them and the non dont. Well the non dip still have a slight dip but not really noticeable. There was a guy that took a pic of them side by side on here so everyone can see the difference. I cant remember which thread it was though.

fastbolt
11-03-2012, 13:50
Would someone tell me? What is a dipped extractor? And a non-dipped? Why the difference?

When Glock apparently changed how their extractors were made in recent years, one of the obvious visible differences was the top outside edge. It went from being straight to having a slight "dip". (I've had a couple of Glock employees claim they were unsure of the specific current method of manufacture, which doesn't surprise me, as other gun companies haven't necessarily fully informed all of their employees of technical manufacturing details, either. ;) )

On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me to see some continuing changes in both production, materials and design revisions. That's pretty normal for gun companies. For example, the M&P MIM extractor received a revision more than a year ago, as I recall, giving the hook a bit more of a point and more negative rake. This may have been about the same time that a small batch of 9mm guns were found to have received some extractors which were described as having been "over-molded". New extractors resolved that particular problem, as I was told. (Since S&W engineers found a way to get the same extractor to run in all caliber models of their M&P pistol line, any subtle changes have to work across the whole model/caliber line.)

SJ 40
11-03-2012, 14:03
Would someone tell me? What is a dipped extractor? And a non-dipped? Why the difference?This thread has very good pictures of the two extractors,in post #.3.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437235

One look and you will say Oh ! SJ 40

gunsmoke92
11-03-2012, 18:10
http://5ringstactical.com/?p=497

Thank You very much.

gunsmoke92
11-03-2012, 18:11
This thread has very good pictures of the two extractors,in post #.3.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437235

One look and you will say Oh ! SJ 40

OOoooooHhhhhh. :supergrin:

SJ 40
11-03-2012, 18:29
OOoooooHhhhhh. :supergrin:What's the old saying about a picture being worth a thousand words,sometimes it is. SJ 40

et45
11-03-2012, 22:43
The G21's come with non-dipped extractors still.

The G23's use the non-dipped but rarely have problems. My G23 G4 non dipped sends them flying right about 8'.

I saw a new Gen4 21 a couple weeks ago at my LGS with a dipped extractor

MAC702
11-03-2012, 23:21

Post #23, two posts up from yours.

Bradd D
11-04-2012, 00:09
A non-dip extractor may not solve any issues you might have. I had an early 2010 production G17 Gen 4 that ejected pretty well. Just to see what would happen I installed Lone Wolf and new production non-dip Glock extractors in the gun. Ejection was terrible. I reinstalled the factory dip extractor and all was well again.

clarkz71
11-04-2012, 06:33

My 03/12 fire date G23 has the dipped extractor.

Buckshot Barry
11-04-2012, 10:59
You can get no-dip extractors on eBay for around $17 with free shipping..

Can you provide a link?